Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shivani AgarwalYour feedback matters!
What is it?
A dysfunction is often described as the difficulty exhibited by a couple or an individual during ant stage of the physical activity. It might include pleasure, preference, desire, arousal and orgasm. As per the diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders, a person with sexual dysfunction shows extreme stress along with interpersonal strain. This disorder is believed to have an impact on the sexual life of the people experiencing it.
Types of Sexual Dysfunction:
1. Sexual desire disorders: This is often characterized with decreased libido or an absence or lack of sexual desire, activity or fantasies. The condition usually ranges from a general lack to a lack of the sexual desire and activity for the partner. This condition might be present from the very beginning or might start after normal sexual functioning. Whatever the cause may be it leads to decrease in the production of estrogen in women and testosterone in both women and men. Other causes are believed to be fatigue, pregnancy, aging, medications like SSRIs and psychiatric conditions like anxiety and depression.
2. Sexual arousal disorders: These are commonly as impotence in men and frigidity in women, though now the terms have been replaced. Impotence is now termed as erectile dysfunction and frigidity has been defined by many terms describing the problem. As per the, American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders the term is described in 4 categories. These are lack of arousal, lack of desire, lack of orgasm and pain during intercourse.
In both men and women the condition can be exhibited as an aversion or avoidance of sexual activity with their partner. Men might show a complete failure to maintain erection, excitement and pleasure during sexual activity.
3. Sexual pain disorders: This is often prominent in women and is also known as painful intercourse (dyspareunia) or vaginismus (involuntary spasm of the vaginal wall muscles often interfering with intercourse).
Dyspareunia is caused by the dryness of vagina in women. This poor lubrication might be due to lowered stimulation and excitement and hormonal changes caused due to pregnancy, breast feeding and menopause. In some case contraceptive foams and creams can also cause dryness. Anxiety and fear towards sex can also lead to dryness.
Vaginismus is often thought to occur through a sexual trauma like abuse or sex. Another condition vulvodynia might occur in women. In this a woman experiences burning pain while sexual activity. This is often thought to be related to the skin problems of the vaginal and vulvar region.
4. Post-orgasmic diseases: The symptoms of these occur after ejaculation or orgasm. This is often accompanied with headaches in the neck and skull during sexual activity which might include orgasm or masturbation.
If you wish to discuss about any specific sexual problem, you can consult a specilized sexologist and ask a free question.
I am worried about my partner's sexual satisfaction. We are having sex from past one two months and both of us for first time. He says he never feels my vagina sucking his dick and its not much pleasure. How Shld I hlp it? Is my vaginal hole big? please help I really want to keep him happy.
I did sex with my bf and now I had missed my periods for 1month, what should I do for getting aborted?
Hello I wana ask you about when a couple do sex and boys sperm get out and touch girl sex organ but not go inside the sex organ of girl and seal wouldn't break, so pregnancy would happen or not?
Hi, Soon I am going to marry. Here my doubt is. I was born after 9 years of my father & mother marriage. same will happen with me if i plan for baby? Please advise.
Hi. Am 27 years old am married since 2 years. I dont hav any children. 2 months back I got abdominal surgery for the removal of ovarian cyst (chocolate cyst) and fibroid. After surgery 2 menstrual the was regular. Then I tried for pregnancy. After 1 week of intercourse again I get periods that is 12 days early. What might be the reason for this.. please help.
Hearing that a person is HIV positive instantly makes us wary of him or her and unconsciously we may begin avoiding social interactions with them. However, HIV does not spread through the air or by water and hence there is no reason to ostracize HIV positive people. To understand how to prevent the transmission of HIV it is essential to first understand how the virus is transferred from one person to another. There are three ways in which this virus can be transmitted from an HIV positive person to another. These are:
- Through blood
- Through bodily fluids such as semen and vaginal or rectal fluids
- From a mother to a child
Keeping this in mind, here are a few ways to prevent the transferring of HIV from one person to another.
- Use only Disposable Syringes: Getting pricked by a needle that has been used on a HIV positive patient can increase your risk of suffering from the disease. Hence, insist on using a fresh needle for blood tests etc. Also ensure that the syringe and needle and destroyed after being used.
- Registered Blood Banks: In case you need a blood transfusion, get blood only from registered blood banks. These blood banks need to run HIV screening tests before collecting blood and hence are guaranteed to have only HIV negative blood as opposed to local quacks.
- Use a Condom: The only way to prevent the transference of HIV cells while having intercourse is by using a condom. This is essential not only for vaginal intercourse but for anal intercourse as well.
- Get Tested: Today, an HIV screening test can be easily done and your results are guaranteed to be kept confidential. STDs can increase your risk of getting infected with HIV or spreading it to others. Get tested regularly for STDs and insist that your partners are checked for it as well. This is crucial if you have more than one sexual partner.
- Limit the Number of Sexual Partners: The more number of people you have sex with, the higher your chance of getting infected with the virus and transmitting it to others. Remember, HIV has no overt symptoms that are visible to the naked eye.
HIV cannot be cured but it can be controlled through medication. Hence, if you suffer from this disease, follow the doctor's prescription religiously to prevent transmitting the virus to your partner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I got married since last 1 yr, my wife s vagina smelling odd & flow white type fluids. I inject candid - V tablets in her vaginas after consulting doctor. The smell & white fluids was not gone completely, also the periods isn't regularly happen after use of medicine. So kindly provide some suggestions for improvements. Thank you.
Hi ,i'm 27 years I had an abortion of 5 months last 5 years back with un affair now i'm married planing for child facing irregular period did all treatment test .doctor suggested to do X ray HSG .my question is will in test HSG doctor comes to know about my previous abortion.
I am having pain in both the legs and knee when I stand or walk from last 6 month. L took gemcal for 2 months and gemcal plus for additional 1 month but I didn't find much relief. Can I take calcirol sachet 60000 IU and gemcal. When and how should I take it.
I am 46 years old female in which age my monthly period will stop in this days I am getting lot of pain in my stomach and in my back body pain please help me.
I am 32. Weight 75. Height 5" on March 5 I had DNC bcz of no heart beat. Am suffering from thyroid since 15 yrs. Taking thyronorm 75 mg daily. Now I did thyroid test again. Attaching reports. When can I start plan for 2 pregnancy. I am getting puffiness on my face. How can I reduce. Present TSH value is 4.9 and HB% is 13. Am using folic acid 5 mg daily.
Now my wife's carrying one and half month. At what time we can make contact. Which positions is correct to do?
I'm 23 years old female, my panty gets wet all the day and it smells very bad, I want to know the reason and how I can avoid this. please suggest me.
I'm almost 20. I had sex during the time I was probably ovulating. But he did not release his sperm inside me. I'm very positive that he did not cum inside me. Will I still get pregnant?
- Take Moderate hot food and drinks
- Raw Vegetables are not hygienic during monsoon so either stir fry them or make soup.
- Drink Herbal Tea / Concoctions particularly those with anti-bacterial properties like Green Tea with Mint Lemon grass tea
- It is advisable to avoid cold milk or raw milk instead boil it well at 100 degree and add turmeric or cinnamon powder to reap good health benefits.
- Avoid eating road side food.