Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShivamYour feedback matters!
Hi. It's my 6th month of pregnancy going on. I'm feeling very less baby movements as compared to earlier since yesterday. What can be the possible reason? What can be done?
I had unprotected sex with my girl friend on maybe 4-5th day of her periods. In other words her last day of her period was just one day before we had sex. Obviously, next day in the morning she took a contraceptive pill. Now, is there even a slightest chance of her getting pregnant, if yes what should we do? Please help.
Sir good evening, I am from ooty, my age is 33, my weight is 60 kg, my bp is normal, I have chest pain for last 4 years, I have consulted a doc in kg hospital in Coimbatore, I took ECG, echo, x ray, lipids, liver function test, and also thyroid test, and routine blood check and urine analysis all seem to be normal, My echo shows grade 1 MVP and lipids show ldl is 25 mg/DL more than normal. This is what the test results show the doc said its normal and I am safe, I took endoscopy in gem hospital, and abdominal scan also its also normal, Now I am with psychiatric treatment, for panic disorder, My fear is that I will get heart attack, if these all things r normal should I fear of heart attack please kindly suggest me to get rid of chest pain, I don't have sugar compliant and family history of heart attack also I had the habit of smoking before 6 years now I don't smoke also, I used to have a beer or two monthly, I don't take red meat and also eggs also Please kindly suggest me what to do next to come of this chest pain and heart attack fear.
Fifty-four percent of all patients with premature heart disease and 70% of those with a lipid abnormality have a familial disorder. Hence, a screening test for lipids is recommended for first-degree relatives of patients with myocardial infarction, particularly if premature. Screening should begin with a standard lipid profile and if normal, further testing should be done for lp (a) and apolipoproteins b and a-i.
About 25% patients with premature heart disease and a normal standard lipid profile will have an abnormality in lp (a) or apo b. Elevated apo a-1 and hdl are likewise associated with reduced chd risk.
First-degree relatives are brothers, sisters, father, mother; second-degree relatives refer to aunts, uncles, grandparents, nieces, or nephews and third-degree relatives refer to first cousins, siblings, or siblings of grandparents.
Familial hypercholesterolemia (fh) is a genetic disorder, characterized by high cholesterol, specifically very high ldl (" bad cholesterol") levels and premature heart disease. Patients may develop premature cardiovascular disease at the age of 30 to 40. Heterozygous fh is a common genetic disorder, occurring in 1: 500 people in most countries. Homozygous fh is much rarer, occurring in 1 in a million births. Heterozygous fh is normally treated with drugs. Homozygous fh often does not respond to medical therapy and may require apheresis or liver transplant.
To detect familial high cholesterol levels, a universal screening must be done at age 16. The cholesterol levels in heterozygous patients are between 350 to 500 mg/dl, and in homozygous, the levels are between 700 to 1, 200 mg/dl.
Hello Mam, I am little fat because of my thyroid problem my weight is 63 kg right now. Kindly suggest me what I should have to look good and slim.
Is Oats are good for babies age upto 5 years. Oats are meant for reducing for weight or I have some wrong understanding.
Health is wealth! This age old adage holds true even today. The usual practice of 3 meals a day needs some tinkering and 5 small meals a day seems like a good way forward. Go to any dietician or any nutritionist and they will vouch for its benefits. So, let us now take a look at the many advantages that come up with this multiple meal plan:
- Alter the food schedule and instil a sense of discipline: It helps in altering your food schedule. When you spread your meals throughout the day, it allows you to try different dishes without over consuming any one dish. With more opportunities to eat healthy, you can develop proper diet charts and follow it properly across the entire day. Moreover, it teaches you discipline to keep a check on your diet.
- Keeps a check on binge eating and overeating: Five meals a day plan can help you control your weight. Intake of small meals prevents binge eating. You don't need to consume in large quantity at once if there are more meals to look forward to throughout the duration of the day. Smaller meals, condition you in such a way that you do not indulge in overeating even if you are outside.
- Something in every meal: Since you're opting for five meals a day, you will indulge in different types of food items throughout the day right from vegetables, fruits, cereals, eggs, milk-shakes and much more. This will not only keep your palette satisfied, but will also make sure that you get all the right amount of nutrients as nothing healthy will be left out.
- Goes hand in hand with all the diet charts and plans: Eating healthy and in small portion ensures that you are on course for your diet plan. Five meals a day will give you a chance to screen your nourishment intake and manage it more viably. It also helps in keeping your appetite under check. It maintains a healthy balance between healthy eating and satiating your hunger.
Disregard the three-feast model; it has now become obsolete. Your busy schedule requests that you take a more dynamic approach to your nourishment. Five meals a day is just the right way to ensure that you have your share of proper nutrients every day.
Related Tip: "5 Energy - Boosting Foods to Try"
Hi I had fallen about 15 days back. My wrist pains when I twist it or put pressure or lift weight. Else it is fine in normal circumstances. Please suggest.
Hello sir, My daughter is 17 years old suffering from hypothyroidism and gaining weight about 80 kgs now. She is taking Thyronorm 150 since a year but no improvement. Please advise how to control this disorder and reduce weight?
I'm having white spots on my beard. They are looking awkward. So please suggest me some medicine to get rid of them.
Sir, I am 20 years old. My problem is that my body paining whole day. So what I have to do now? Please help me.
Mera blood pressure 145/110 rahta that aur pero (legs) me sujan (swallowing) ho jata tha. At that time doctor ko dekhane par unhone ENVAS 5 aur ECOSPRIN 75 lene ko kya. From 2 years I am eating it but bp remains like 145-150/110-115. Please suggest something. Which medicine should I take. Help me.
My skin is too much dry. I also have dandruff problem because of this i m suffering from black pimples.Please tell me how can i get rid of dryness?
I am 19 year old boy on my cheeks there is a lot of spots and black heads. so, what can I do to remove it.?
Did you know that metabolism functions within a scope that goes beyond just maintaining your body weight? This chemical process is also subject to a number of complications and disorders, and can wreck your system without your knowledge. Mineral Metabolic Disorder is one such impediment that can easily corrupt your body and is characterized by an abnormal and unprecedented rise or fall of the level of minerals in the blood. This may result in a number of cardiovascular and bone diseases.
Minerals undoubtedly play an extremely vital role in the proper regulation of the body conditions and aid and abet growth and development. However, under certain (and mostly unforeseen) circumstances, the mineral levels have a propensity to differ substantially from the normal rates and may lead to several disorders.
- Mineral metabolic disorders may be genetic in certain cases, being transferred from the parent to the child via genes.
- However, most mineral metabolic disorders are likely to arise as a result of certain clinical conditions pertaining to starvation, excess alcohol consumption,diarrhea and diet disorders.
The most commonly observed and medically documented complications affecting metabolism as a result of sudden augment or fall in the following minerals are:
- Magnesium: hypomagnesaemia and hypomagnesaemia
- Calcium: nephrocalcinosis, hypercalcemia, osteoporosis, kidney stones, Paget's disease, osteomalacia, pseudohypoparathyroidism, rickets and hyperparathyroidism
- Iron: hemochromatosis and cirrhosis
- Phosphorus: hypophosphatemia, osteomalacia, hyperparathyroidism, hypoparathyroidism and rickets.
- Sodium: hypernatremia and dilutional hyponatremia
- Zinc: nausea, skin rash, diarrhea, and difficulty in wound healing
- Copper: Menkes syndrome and Wilson's disease
- Potassium: Cushing's syndrome(from exposure to high levels of cortisol), Fanconi's syndrome, Bartter syndrome, Addison's disease and kidney disease.
The ideal remedy to battle the majority of mineral metabolism disorders is to maintain a healthy lifestyle and follow a proper, filling, and balanced diet. In case the diseases crop as a result of genetic factors, consult your doctor immediately. However, in most cases, proper medication and a wholesome and nourishing food intake is recommended to fight most mineral metabolic diseases.