Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Pregnancy
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shivali MakkarYour feedback matters!
It's months no periods. And negative pregnancy test. I have sleeping sickness and tiredness. And I don't want to eat the things I liked before. Headaches and backaches. Little cramps always. Little cold. And I scared to take antibiotics. How can I confirm whether I am pregnant or not? Is there any chance that negative pregnancy test even though I am pregnant? Actually when I can try pregnancy test?
Can both the tablets in an mtp kit given orally. Should I give the pills myself to her or should I consult a doctor first. What are the side effects please do tell. I read it might lead to excessive bleeding how does that happens? Plss tell me the informations I should know before giving this to my girlfriend who is on high risk of pregnancy.
I am suffering from vomiting tendency. With very weakness. & I have a pain on my breasts. My blood pressure is 100/60. I did unprotected sexual intercourse with my husband on 24th March. & my menstrual cycle had started by 14th Feb & finished by 17 Feb. Is it possible that I have conceived?
Its been 3 days now my vagina is itching alot and whenever I uses the washroom its burning as well could you please suggest me some medicine.
Doctor, I'm 29 years old married women. dr. mujhe viginal infection bar bar ho jata hai aur thoda pain bhi hota rehta hai. please advice me.
Some women may wear cotton and some satin. What is obvious here is which one of the two women are more comfortable. Even if the woman who is dressed in satin has a much shorter dress than the woman wearing cotton, the skin of the woman wearing cotton will still breathe a lot better. Therefore, it can be said that it is not the length of the clothing you wear as compared to the material you are wearing, which dictates how well you breathe. This is because certain fabrics allow sweat to evaporate while others block skin pores.
Here are the fabrics, which allow sweat to evaporate and do not block skin pores:
- Cotton: There are a number of natural varieties of cotton. Cotton blends are one of those, which might not be very helpful, but 100% cotton fabric is. Seersucker and madras cotton are also easy to breathe in. Dry summers and humid conditions make cotton clothes ideal.
- Linen: Linen is another natural fiber, which absorbs moisture well. Since linen is lightweight, it is also a fabric which helps your skin breathe.
- Light variants of silk: The light variants of silk allow your skin to breathe since it dries quickly and is highly absorbent. Silk is also a fabric, which is least likely to cause an allergic reaction.
- Chambray: Chambray is an alternative to denim and is a breathable one as well.
There are also fabrics which you should avoid in summer when your skin needs to breathe. They are.
- Satin: Satin as mentioned earlier is thick and heavy and does not allow someone to breathe well.
- Nylon: Nylon does not absorb sweat well and is also water repellant. This means that it will trap sweat within your clothes and will make you feel uncomfortable.
- Polyester: Polyester is very similar to nylon in that it makes sweat stick in between your body and your garment.
- Rayon or viscose: Rayon or viscose is often passed off as cotton. However, it's not as good as cotton, even though it is not as bad as polyester or nylon.
When it comes to the health of women, there is never too much one can do. The condition of amenorrhea, for instance, refers to the situation in which menstruation does not take place.
There are two kinds of amenorrhea, which are the primary form and the secondary. The primary refers to when menstruation has not begun in a girl who has reached 16 years of age. On the other hand, when a woman has secondary amenorrhea, what this means is that for over six months, menstruation has not occurred.
The reasons why primary amenorrhea may take place are quite varied. Tumours which affect the pituitary gland can cause it, as can an abnormality in the vagina or the uterus of a woman. Diseases such as polycystic ovary also have the potential to lead to amenorrhea. For secondary amenorrhea, a bad diet, stress and pregnancy can lead to it. But what can be done about it?
Treating Amenorrhea with Homeopathy
Homeopathy is a truly amazing field of medicine and it is so great that it can treat amenorrhea, as well. One of the many good things about making the right choice of a homeopathic treatment plan is that it is highly customizable, according to the case at hand.
There is no one medicine which is prescribed by homeopathy for amenorrhea, which correspond to the various causes of the condition. So, it can be understood why homeopathic medicine is customizable as it proves to be in the case of treating amenorrhea, as well.
There are a variety of homeopathic medicines which can be taken for amenorrhea. That being said, it is important to keep in mind the fact that these medicines should only be made use of after a qualified homeopathic doctor has checked the patient and approved of the medicine. For mothers who have not experienced menses after they started breastfeeding their babies, Sepia is the medicine which is usually recommended. In a similar way, Pinus lamb is recommended for women whose menses are delayed. While these happen to be a couple of very specific or niche medicines, a general medicine for amenorrhea is Pulsatilla. In fact, it is widely considered by doctors to be very effective.
When amenorrhea is caused on account of the suppression of menses due to a tumour which is present in the ovaries, most allopathic doctors would be very worried. However, homeopathic doctors would know that there is a solution designed for this very situation, which is known as Apis Mel.
Now that it is known that amenorrhea has not only a cure, but rather, multiple cures; the cause for worry is not really warranted!
My mother age was 45 and she is an diabetes and bp too. Is there any problem occur in her sex life. My father was refuses her in participating sex. When she got diabetes. Please reply me.
We are looking for my wife's ear piercing. She is 35 & looking for another 2 pairs of piercing above the regular ear lobe piercing and at the cartilage. We have the following queries: 1.What is the method of piercing: needle or gunshot or laser; & what is more healing friendly 2.Can it be done painless using some anesthetics; which method is more healing friendly 3.What is the healing period? Any precautionary or after care medicines required for healing (to avoid septic or keloid) & pain 4. Is it advisable to do both the post a time or need to have a waiting period in between? Do we need to carry the earrings for the piercing appreciate your advice.
Its about 2 month that my periods has stopped, bt it's running my white discharge, and I feel some dislike to eat any dish of onion. Is it a sign of pregnancy? please answer.
Hi, I want to have sex with my wife with no condom, so suggest what would be the safest method to do it? Are contraceptive pills have any side effect on female body like if use 2 pills in a month? How about anal sex, is it safe if do twice in a month? Please reply with best Possible answer.
Hi Dr, I am Brinda, 30yrs, F. Married since 7years. PCOD (on glycomet 850 and Normoz. Gone through 6 Follicular study no results. I conceived on own before 4years but it was miscarriage on 6th week (Only sac was seen could not see baby till 6th week scan). Now my Dr. Suggested for Advanced Diagnostic Hystereolaproscopy to find any blocks in my tubes and other fertile aspects. I would like to know if I surely have to undergo this laparoscopy or as an alternate could I go for IUI or IVF to conceive skipping this laparoscopy. Please advise. Thanks.
My girl frend had an abortion 4 years back by medicine ,now she is getting married to another person ,can her husband will know in future that she was earlier pregnant.
My wife is pregnant 7 month is going on, doctor told that baby is week, look after or else, problem may occur, what is to be done to prevent this? Kindly suggest the nutritional diet and other things to prevent this.
Does Gender predictions based on placenta positions true? If Yes how its working. In internet its showing 97%success rate. Will it really works.
Hi. My name is chaitu iam 25yrs old. Last year I got married. Since from four months I and my partner are trying for a baby. But the result is negative. I have a polycystic ovary syndrome. I consulted doctor about this. They suggested ayurvedic medicine. But no use. The most important thing is I have never missed my periods. I always have regular periods of 28days cycle. Can you please help me?
Dr. I and my husband trying to conceive from 1 year & also consult a doctor. My doctor do all test n told me that my eggs are not fertilized on time. So she give me siphene 100 on 2 to 6 day of my period then alivher tablet to 10 to 25 day and an hcg injection I take this from two month but couldn't get pregnant.
While you may be controlling your portions and ensuring that your meals are healthy, the snacks in between the big meals may still be causing your body harm. The packets of chips that you may open will not only add calories but other harmful chemicals as well.
There are other healthier options out there which you can use to replace it and still satisfy your cravings:
- Kurmura or puffed rice: A staple snack in many parts of India, kurmura comes in many varieties and mixtures that are quite popular. Some examples are jhalmuri, bhelpuri and others. While mixing it with other things, such as farsan, nuts and chana are good, excessive use of oil or sweet spices may increase its calorific value. Thus refrain from these additions.
- Khakra: A great Indian snack that comes from Gujarat, this is a form of flatbread, which can be consumed on its own or with chutneys. This is very low in fats and oil and is one of the tastiest snack alternatives around.
- Masala corn: Corn is considered to be a very healthy and nutritious snack on its own. However, you can add various types of masala or have a roast corn cob with salt and lime dressing, which is an already favoured snack all over India.
- Nuts: Assorted nuts, such as almonds, peanuts, pistachios can be a very filling snack without the need for large quantities of it. However, don't consume too much of it as certain varieties do contain considerable amounts of fat and thus moderation is the key here.
- Soya sticks: A new entrant into the Indian market, soya sticks are baked and then laced with spices. Soya tends to have protein while not much fat and thus it can be a healthy as well as a tasty snack. Soya sticks are usually laced with various kinds of masala.
- Chickpeas or chana: This is another snack, which can come in many forms such as roasted, boiled or even as a paste in the form of hummus. It contains a lot of protein, but very little fat. Chickpeas can be had either on their own or mixed with nuts or other forms of mixture.
- Baked snacks: Various forms of snacks, which are baked instead of fried can be a good alternative as well. Baked versions of potato chips and other snacks are increasingly available in stores across India.
Along with these foods, one should also go for regular full body check up, in order to know how healthy they are.
Being at the peak of optimal health should be the goal of every individual. As the saying goes, 'Health is Wealth'. Certain food items will help you to reach the pinnacle of health if they are consumed regularly. These foods will not only keep you healthy and fit, but will also help the body to function properly with the nutrients it receives from them.
Given below is a list of foods that you should be eating for optimal health:
- Garlic: Garlic contains a compound called "allicillin", which is the major component to make garlic a healthy food item. Garlic is very effective to cure common colds and flu. Garlic also helps reduce high blood pressure. It reduces bad cholesterol and improves good cholesterol levels in the blood. Garlic also helps to detoxify your body. Treating osteoarthritis is another great benefit of eating garlic.
- Yogurt: Yogurt contains probiotics, which control bacterial growth which is harmful to your body. It also provides your body with calcium.
- Broccoli: Broccoli contains sulphur, which makes this green vegetable a cancer fighter. It contains sulforaphane which gives it this property.
- Oats: Oats help to control blood pressure and cholesterol level in the blood. They are also a great source of fibre for the body. Oats help keep your heart healthy.
- Beets: Beets are a rich source of multivitamins. They help to lower blood pressure and also lower the risk of any cardiovascular disease. Beets also help detoxify the body.
- Cabbage: Cabbage helps reduce the risk of having cancer. It also prevents heart diseases, gastrointestinal problems and Alzheimer's disease. Cabbage is loaded with vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin K, which help it prevent osteoarthritis.
- Fish: Fish helps to control blood pressure. Fish oil can help slow down mental aging. The Omega-3 fatty acids present in fish are very important sources of protein.
- Eggs: Eggs are rich sources of proteins. They aid in the bodybuilding process and the repair and maintenance of the body.
- Spinach: Spinach is a rich source of antioxidants, calcium, vitamin A, vitamin K, and Omega-3 fatty acids. It helps fight cancer, and also detoxifies the body.
- Tomatoes: The vitamins and phytonutrients in tomatoes make them such a healthy food option which keeps cancer and heart diseases at bay.
Related Tip: "6 Foods That Help You Lose Weight"