Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shivali Makkar
Management of Pregnancy
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shivali MakkarYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years old. I feel itching on my vagina nd sensation sometime it become intorelnce. I feel low and I feel more hot in this summer my body is sweating more than before. It is diabetes or not?
Hello, I am 29 years old and my husband age 47. Actually we did sexual intercourse most of days in week so me taking ocp for birth control but last 2 months my husband use condoms. My last period end 5th june and this month still not my period start, urine pregnancy test negative. Never happened this kind of problem. Please give me some solutions.
My wife is experiencing heavy menstruation from 22nd March and yesterday done ultrasound which found endometrial hyperplasia and pcos. Dr. has given utergin .125 mg 2 tablets thrice daily and cream ncr 10 mg twice daily. Kindly suggest.
1st one cesarean delivery 2nd now 8 months pregnant. Will do sex any choice get for normal delivery.
Addiction is the absolute dependency on a particular substance or situation. Substance addiction includes a variety of substances apart from alcohol and drugs. Examples include porn, food, chocolate, nicotine, etc. Situation addiction includes gambling, shopping and sex among others. The problem in our society with addiction is it is treated like a choice than as a major problem faced by an individual. De-addiction is the process of ridding the individual of his dependence on certain substances or activities.
- Rehabilitation psychology studies the process of de-addiction and helps addicts blend with the normal lifestyle. Rehab centers offer several forms of therapy to reduce substance usage.
- Group therapy is always the go to form of therapeutic technique to deal with cases of addiction owing to the common feeling among users that people who aren’t addicted and do not know what they’re going through. In those cases, it is rather important to have support from a group of people who are exactly where they are.
- Family therapy is also essential to make the individual know how their loved ones feel and also remind them of the unconditional support. Some rehab centers also use the horse therapy (focuses on interaction with horses which facilitates emotional and occupational development in patients) which is rather interesting to witness.
- In addition to therapy, rehab centers teach life skills and cooperation. Apart from all this, drugs are also prescribed to deal with addiction along with the weekly scheduled personal therapy sessions.
Although an unfamiliar concept in India, halfway homes are the next step after the rehab. The individuals learn different skills and ways to manage themselves outside the house while still continuing their therapy. This is done to make sure one doesn’t relapse right after the rehabilitation has been completed. Most rehabs also suggest support group meetings. Even otherwise support groups are extremely effective in the de-addiction process. ‘Alcoholics Anonymous’ and ‘Narcotics Anonymous’ are two of the most widely managed support groups around the world.
Addiction is an immense issue which has spiraled out of control in today’s times. However, it is necessary to understand it isn’t the question of the individual’s morality. The removal of labels and stigma is essential in the entire process. Support from loved ones is an extremely important step towards de-addiction, right after the acceptance that one is addicted. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome is a reproductive disorder among women which is directly related to the ovaries. This usually occurs after using injectable hormone regulating medications that are used to treat infertility.
Occasionally this disease might also happen on its own and without the use of infertility related medications.
The most common symptoms of this disorder usually being after a considerable time period of 10 days on an average and not immediately after you have injected the above mentioned medications. The symptoms of this disease differ based on the intensity and chronicity of the disorder and based on this criteria they are categorized as follows.
Mild to moderate
The mild form of this disorder is less severe in nature and it usually goes away or surpasses within a week's time. If your condition is lasting for more than a week then it may be a case of severe form of the disease. Periodic abdominal pain, which is very mild in nature and might come and go at intervals
1. Increased waist size and abnormal abdominal bloating
4. Swelling and tenderness on the area surrounding your ovaries
The severe form of this condition can be identified if the disorder lasts for more than a week. The most common symptoms of this condition are enlisted below.
1. Abnormal weight gain which is serious and rapid in nature
2. Urine emissions become darker than usual
3. Abrupt shortness of breath
4. Being dizzy or unconscious
5. Tightness or enlargement of the abdominal area
6. Chronic and long lasting nausea and vomiting
7. Persistent abdominal pain