Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shiv Kumar Mathur
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shiv Kumar MathurYour feedback matters!
We humans are obsessed with the way we look. This is despite the fact that we can only see what the mirror (or our pictures) shows and nobody can actually see their own faces. The nose is one part that very few are happy with. It is either too short, long, round, sharp, whatnot. To add to that, science has come up with the size and shape that can make one look beautiful. There are surgeries that can shape it up, so you can walk with your nose held high!!
Rhino, stands for nose, and plasty is for surgery. Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure which is useful in correcting the shape and size of the nose. Earlier done as a treatment for people with chronic nasal congestion and blocks, it has gained popularity as a cosmetic procedure in the recent decades.
As noted, rhinoplasty could be done for cosmetic and therapeutic reasons, some of them being:
- Nose completely out of proportion with the facial size
- Misshapen tip of the nose, which could be drooping, hooked, or bulbous
- Nostrils not in proper position or misshapen
- Asymmetrical nostrils
- Nasal bridge having lumps or bumps
- Externally visible deviation of the nasal septum, causing both cosmetic and breathing issues
During the surgical reshaping, cartilage may be added or removed to achieve the desired shape.
What to expect before the procedure?
Getting yourself in the right hands. Think about it, in the wrong hands, this surgery can have very serious effects, not just functionally but also cosmetically. You could then end up wishing that you were better off with the previous, misshapen nose. After the surgery, you will notice a different you in the mirror, as the nose has a telling effect on a person’s appearance.
At the time of surgery:
Depending on the extent of surgery, local or general anesthesia is used. General is preferred though. With a local anesthesia, you will be aware of the sights and sounds of the surgery.
Post the procedure:
Once the procedure is over, gradually expect the following.
- A puffy face, as the tissue around the eyes and the nose will be considerably swollen
- The nose will be covered with a splint for at least a week. This allows the bones and cartilage to settle down in their new position.
- Use a cold compresses to help in pain control and reduce swelling
- Take the entire course of antibiotics and pain killers
- Sleep with the head of the bed elevated for the first one week postoperatively
Rhinoplasty is definitely a choice to improve appearance and self-esteem; the key is to place yourselves in safe hands. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!