Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Shiv Kumar AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old. I always sleep on time around 10 o'clock but after that I wake up many time in night. My mind never sleep. Even my diet is proper, I am also do exercises and meditation.
Too much itching since last 5 -6 days in whole body, causes redness and bumps nd private parts. Need help please.
Sir iam unable to concentrate due to harmones so I masturbate daily then I can concentrate. Any problem for marriage in future please answer.
Hi sir/mam My weight is around 80 kg and I am 26 years old my pennis is small and thin how to I make it big and thinner, I have been masturbating when I am in class 9th and my testicles goes so small how to I make normj please consult me dctr.
I'm 23 years old. My penis us lightly bent. Towards right leg. I've not undegone sex with anyone yet. Will it create any problem.?
Suffering from left side paralysis since 1/08/2011 movement of fingers are coming, done lots of treatment in all field.
Hey. Am really worried about my pens size. Itz small and very thin. Is there any homeopathy medicine to increase the pens size & thickness.. Please help.
I am suffering from irregular menstrual cycle since 9-10 yrs. Whenever I take 21day tab I get regular cycle and when I do not my cycle comes after 5 months. I was diagnosed with PCOD once. And had ovarian cyst 7 years back. My weight has increased.
I have very much pain in my chest left side and I am having deep pain in it also I am admitted in Jagrani Hospital in Lucknow. So please help me.
I am having a severe stomach pain. Tried multiple home remedies. But didn't work. What to do, please help me.
My son is 17 years old and his hair are falling at fast rate. He has some dandruff problem but that too is under control (by ketoconazole shampoo; He has allergy from dust and smoke, could this problem related to it? what diet should he take, please suggest.
Today I am having 99 fever and nausea and tiredness. My LMP is 12/2/16. I have done iui on 27//2/16. Today is my 33 day of menses still don't have my periods but hpt is negative today. Its a PMS or early pregnancy sptoms. I have severe low back ache nausea decreased appetite joint pain.
Diabetes is not an isolated disease but a syndrome. It brings with it a host of issues, affecting almost all organs, and that is the reason it is a dreaded issue. Diabetes is the result of chronic inflammation and this inflammation gradually spreads to all other organs. One of the main organs adversely affected is the kidneys. The kidneys are essential filtration agents, and impaired kidney function can have a series of bad effects on the body.
The good news is that not everybody with diabetes will have diabetic nephropathy. However, risk factors for developing diabetic nephropathy are:
- Severe, uncontrolled diabetes
- Family history
- Prior kidney disease, even chronic infection
- Race or ethnicity (native Americans, African Americans, etc.)
- Preexisting hypertension or high cholesterol levels
If you have these risk factors, then all efforts should be aimed at keeping blood sugar at highly optimal level. Once it reaches beyond a certain level, it is very difficult to get it under control.
There would be no symptoms in the initial stages
- If you suspect that increased sugar levels could be damaging the kidneys, it is imperative to do renal functions annually to test for onset of kidney malfunction
- There could be swelling of the feet and ankles
- Urine tests may indicate increased levels of protein in the body (serum albumin in particular)
The idea is to arrest or stop damage to the kidneys.
- Reduce and maintain blood pressure within the recommended levels. This will depend on the age and overall health status. Using angiotensin converting enzymes or angiotensin receptor blockers is the most effective way to control hypertension and related kidney damage
- Keeping blood sugar within the recommended levels helps reduce or stop damage to the blood vessels in the kidneys and thereby, prevent progression
- Maintain optimal levels of cholesterol, as this only adds to hypertension, which further worsens kidney function.
- Eat a heart-healthy diet and exercise regularly. It is a vicious cycle with components including hypertension, high sugar levels, increased heart disease, which all only continues in a circle nonstop. Breaking this cyclical trend is very important.
- Diet should not be too rich in protein, as the kidney function is impaired and may not be able to handle too much protein. Talk to a nutritionist as to how much protein is required and follow it strictly.
- Reduce salt levels in the diet, and strictly do not add extra salt onto your plate
- If you are a smoker, this is a great reason to quit, as it affects all the above conditions.
- Maintain weight under optimal levels.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist..