Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Shipra TripathiYour feedback matters!
My eyes are become suckened due to the habit of masturbation, is there any way of recovery to my eyes?
I hv myopia and my power is -3.5 D. My power is continuously declining. How my eye sight can be improved. And he will I get stable power please help.
Sir or mam I have a certain unwanted fat on face and if I goes on defatting it through cosmetic surgery then for some time or some months it will be ok and when again due to some time face again got fatty then fattnes would again come over there is this right of right then how to rid of it please advice me sir mam my weight is 58 right now I am worried when I will got 70 then sir fatness would come and again condition would be same as earlier.
Hello. My right eye vision is blurry or say i can't see at all from my right eye.We had shown to Doctors of VMMC and AIIMS but they say that there is no treatment for this and it can not be cured.VMMC doctor's just did LASER and said this is just to prevent this from further increasing but it is not possible that i will ever able to see from my right eye as well.
I am having frequent Tingling, burning and vibrating sensation all over the body. No pain is present. Its very frequent and irritating. I too have little pressure or uncomfortness in eyes with Headache (mostly present in whole right portion of head or temples and forehead. I have Cervical Spondylitis. I am 23 years age. What's going on I can't understand. What can it be?
I am 30 years old my eyesight is too weak. My contact lenses number is -21 wht I have to do to increase eye vision.
When I am suffering from cold, tears were come out from my eyes, what can I do to fix it, and get instant relief?
Hello! I'm 17 years old, and I have been wearing contacts for more than 5 years (I have astigmatism. I don't wear any glasses (just dailies), but I have noticed small blood vessels in my eye. It's not to the point where I look" stoned" but it bothers me and I don't want it to get worst. I act and model and don't want anything to get out of hand. What should I do? Thanks!:)
My sister is a banking student. She has a lot of pain in her head. She wear glasses but no result. What should she do?
My brother is 14 years old and he is using a spectacle as he have hyperopia (long sightedness. Can he be again able to see properly without lens or spectacles?
I have problems with eyes if I saw any bright things eye drops will comes immediately so what can take treatment.
Sir, I m having allergic problem mainly around my eyes my eyes turn red and puffy. What can I do sir to get rid of it.?
I feel difference in vision on both eyes. While get it tested recently Doc. Told me both eyes vision are same and it is 1.25. My age is 48 yrs. On my right eye I feel floating objects. Earlier I used to do miniature sculpture, but currently I am not able to do even after wearing a spectacle. Please advise.
My eyesight power increase -3.5 to -4.25 o vear a year how can I reduce this is ther is any drop for this currently I use patanjali dristi my age is 25.
Astigmatism is a typical vision problem that occurs when the shape of the cornea is distorted due to injuries or other causes. With astigmatism, the lenses of the eye or the cornea curves. This irregular curve can change the way light refracts or passes through your retina. This causes hazy, fluffy, or twisted vision. Farsightedness and partial blindness are two different sorts of issues with the way light goes to your retina. Farsightedness is called hyperopia. Partial blindness is called astigmatism.
Types: There are two types of Astigmatisms. These are:
- Corneal astigmatism: It happens when your cornea itself is distorted.
- Lenticular astigmatism: Lenticular astigmatism happens when your lens is distorted.
Risks: Astigmatism can happen in youngsters and grown-ups. Your danger of creating astigmatism might be higher if you have any of the following:
- A family history of astigmatism or other eye issues like dislocation of the cornea.
- Scarring or diminishing of your cornea
- Excessive partial blindness, which makes foggy vision at a separation
- Excessive farsightedness, which makes hazy close-up vision
- A past of eye surgeries, for example, cataract surgery (surgical expulsion of a blurred focal point)
Symptoms: The side effects of astigmatism include:
- Hazy, Bended, Or Fluffy Vision At All Separations (Close-Up And Far Away)
- Trouble seeing during evening
- Lazy eye
- Irritation in the eye
- Cerebral Pains
- Visual Acuity Assessment Test: Patients are required to read letters from a graph at a particular distance to decide how well they can see the letters.
- Refraction Test: A refraction test uses a machine called an optical refractor. The machine has various remedial glass lenses that are used to read an outline while looking through lenses on the optical refractor.
- Keratometry: Keratometry is a route for your specialist to measure the bend of your cornea. They will do this by taking a look at your eye through a keratometer.
- Corrective Lenses: Remedial eyeglasses and contact lenses prescribed by a specialist are the most well-known and least obtrusive solution for astigmatism.
- Orthokeratology: Orthokeratology is a treatment that uses contact lenses to correct the deformation and flow of your cornea. You will wear inflexible contact lenses for certain time-periods. It is easier to wear them while you are sleeping and remove them during the day.
Surgery: Your specialist may suggest refractive surgery if your case is a serious one. This kind of surgery includes use of lasers or little blades to reshape your cornea. This will correct astigmatism permanently. The three basic surgeries for astigmatism are:
- Laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK)
- Photorefractive keratectomy (PRK)
- Spiral keratotomy (RK).
All these surgeries might carry some risks depending upon the symptoms of your problem. As innovation advances, it is very important for the patient to explore more options before choosing which refractive surgery is a good fit for him or her. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ophthalmologist.