Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shipra GuptaYour feedback matters!
1. Aids in digestion: Suffer from indigestion? well, drink a glass of jeera water every day to help you deal with it. This is because jeera water not only stimulates the secretion of digestive enzymes but also speeds up the digestion process, thereby helping you fight indigestion. Moreover, as it clears out toxins from the body, drinking jeera water provides relief from stomach related problems like acidity, abdominal gas, morning sickness and nausea.
2. Treats water retention: One of the common causes of water retention is the intake of high salt diet and drinking less water or dehydration. And hence, drinking a glass of jeera water every day might help as jeera is rich in potassium, which helps in reducing and preventing water retention. The mineral potassium plays a key role in maintaining electrolyte balance in the body thus, helping you treat water retention naturally. Here's more on causes of water retention and expert tips to prevent it.
3. Boosts immunity: Not just potassium, jeera is also packed with iron, which is important for normal functioning of the immune system. Iron is the key mineral required for the production of red blood cells. Jeera is also rich in antioxidants, which helps in fighting free radicals and lowers your risk of infections. Hence, make sure you drink a glass of jeera water to boost your immunity.
4. Helps in treating anaemia: If you are suffering from iron-deficiency anaemia, then including iron-rich jeera in your diet can help. And what s best than sipping jeera water all through the day to make the most of it. Due to lack of iron, the blood supply to various parts of the body is hindered, which leads to fatigue. Hence, drink jeera water regularly to prevent anaemia.
5. Maintains blood pressure: Jeera water is rich in potassium which helps in regulating fluid and electrolyte balance in the body thereby maintaining blood pressure. So if you are at risk of high blood pressure or suffer from a heart disease, then drinking a glass of jeera water on an empty stomach might do the trick. The mineral also helps in maintaining heart rate along with improving your heart function.
6. Helps in weight loss: Yes, it is one of the few healthy drinks that can also aid in weight loss. Jeera water can help you lose weight by boosting the metabolism. It is rich in fibre which not only subdues your appetite and prevents you from cravings but also acts as a powerful detoxifying agent, thus helping you lose weight.
7. Nourishes the skin: The antioxidant property of jeera water is responsible for clearing toxins from the body, which can aggravate acne and blemishes. And hence, drinking jeera water not only aids in the absorption of nutrients but also detoxifies the skin helping your skin to glow naturally. The presence of vitamin e and a exerts anti-ageing effects of jeera water making your skin smooth and clear.
Because of my post pregnancy I have a very big tummy now any natural thing that helps me to put my tummy in.
I got my period 4 days early. Is that good? I'm 20 and I've had unprotected sex for 2-3 times in the last month, but he did not ejaculate inside me.
My wife is not getting lubrication during intercourse even after 30 mins foreplay. She is 31 years. We do not use fan or AC. How to get the lubrication. Is there any medicines without side effects? As of now we are using water soluble gel to lubricate.
Hii doctor I'm pregnant 8 month is passing now my baby weight is 2 kg now and its good but my hb level is low 8.3 even daily I'm taking ABC juice apple, beetroot,carrot and dried apricot altogether juice daily morning im taking still now its not increasing what shall I do for increasing my hb level please reply me.
Hello Doctor . Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex on 10-July-2016 and on the same day she had ipill within 5 hours than later on 18-July-2016 that's after 8 days we again had unprotected sex and on same day she had ipill within 6 hours and her period date was on 21-July-2016 and she had little bleeding but I think that wasn't her period . Till now she haven't got her periods and those days when she took ipill she was on her prescribed medicines for her acne will the ipill had turned ineffective because of that other medicine please Doctor explain me in brief I am getting worried about her is she pregnant or not please help I would appreciate it. Thank you !
26 unmarried girl having menstrual problem like 10 days delay, severe leg, hand and breast pain in that 10-15days of periods timing. And also feels breast heavy during that time.
Postpartum is the period after one's labour and delivery. Pregnancy and postpartum are a time when a woman's body changes to a great extent, in order to first accommodate the baby and then go through labour and delivery. A vaginal delivery can have many implications when it comes to the postpartum.
The same goes for a Caesarean Section or C Section as well. Let us find out what your postpartum care routine should include.
- Vaginal Soreness: Deal with vaginal soreness with the help of stool softeners and pain relievers, as prescribed by your gynaecologist. You should also make hygiene a priority at this time. Use a washcloth and warm water to clean the area every time you urinate. Also, you can use an ice pack if the wound is particularly painful.
- Discharge: Vaginal discharge in the postpartum period is called lochia, and it usually carries on for a few weeks after the baby is born. You must use a sanitary napkin during this period and clean up regularly. If your bleeding or discharge is accompanied by fever, then you should contact your gynaecologist immediately.
- C Section Wound: In case there is redness and swelling in the wound, accompanied by symptoms like pain and foul smelling discharge from the vagina, you will need to get in touch with your doctor immediately so that he or she can check for possibility of infections.
- Movement: After a C Section, you will need to take as much rest as possible, so that the wound heals properly. This includes avoiding making too many trips up and down the stairs as well. It would be a good idea to have a family member or partner around who can help as well. Gentle walks after a week or two are usually recommended for the body to come back to normal gradually.
- Kegels: Do kegels or contracting exercises for the strength of the pelvic floor to return, especially after a vaginal delivery. This will help in alleviating pain and burning sensation during urination at this time.
- Nutrition: Take special care to eat nutritious and home cooked food, especially if you are breast feeding. This will also help in the healing of the vaginal or C Section wound. Also, a high fibre diet will help in better bowel movement, which will lessen the pain while visiting the bathroom.
Taking care of your body in postpartum is a matter of bringing it back to normal gradually even as you deal with the side effects of delivery. Ensure that you are in touch with your doctor.
I had a sex with condom being used again, now after a week I am having stomach ache, feeling tired/fatigueness and also I am having fever. Is this a symptom of pregnancy? I want to avoid it? Please prescribe something.
When I am with my husband on bed I dint feel to do, I hate to do all this, never comes feeling, sleeping like a plastic body. Please suggest something. Thnx.
Hi doctor I am priyanka meena I am 24. Year old girl and I have irregular period time please suggest me Home remedies for regular period.
Hi, I am female 29 years old, married, mera weight gain ho gya hai or mujhe bloating gas bhut hota hai or ab constipation kabhi kabhi hota hain. Please advice what to do?
My girl friend got some muscle pieces from vagina with blood. We consult some doctor she said it is abortion. Now the muscle pieces coming out has been stopped. But bleeding is happening daily. Is their any problem in future foe her? It is happening from 15 days muscle pieces have been stopped before a week.
Hello doctor, I am trying to conceive but I am having cyst problem but my doctor advised to take ovral l tablet. For what purpose she gave tablet. What is the usage but I saw in net they said it will prevent pregnancy. Please help me doctor.
Hi, I am gaining weight continue approx. 12 kg and i am not eating something like fast food so much but still i am gaining weight, And this month my periods get delay for 1 week. So can it be thyroid. Am facing pain in my knee, hair fall and face swelling, so tell me what it is?
My wife gave birth to a baby girl 6 months before by operation and now she is again pregnant of 4 weeks is it possible to do abortion by pills or any other method will it be safe for her?
Suvarna prashan; swarn prashan sanskar; swarn bindu prashan.
Suvarna prashan (swarna prashana)
- Suvarna prashan (also called swarna prashana and swarna bindu prashana) is an ayurvedic technique to enhance immunity and improve the intelligence of children. Swarna prashana is an ancient health tonic for children. Swarna prashana acts on the mind, brain, immune system, and skin. It promotes growth and development, maintains health, builds resistance to infections by developing non-specific immunity, and improves complexion.
- The purpose of suvarna-prashan is same as of modern vaccination to prevent diseases by building immunity against bacteria and viruses. However, suvarna-prashan has no specific indications like an individual vaccine, but it improves the overall immunity of children.
- Swarna prashana is effective for precluding upper respiratory tract infections and preventing common cold and flu. It can also prevent other diseases later in the life. This concept has no limitation only to bacterial or viral infections.
- Suvarna-prashan also benefits in a proper brain development. It improves memory, intelligence, verbal and cognitive functions of the brain.
Suvarna prashan sanskar
Suvarna prashan sanskar is an immuno-modulatory technique and one of the ancient indian rituals used in indian medicine and hindu families for children.
Micro-fine and calcined gold particles, also called swarna (suvarna) bhasma, is used with medicated ayurvedic ghee (clarified butter) and honey in unequal amounts in this process.
Age for suvarna prashan
However, suvarna-prashan requires administration as early as possible. A child with age 0 to 16 years is eligible for taking swarna prashana.
However, the specific age of giving swarna prashana is not described in ayurvedic texts, but the early administration of suvarna-prashan is greatly helpful for building immunity and intelligence. The capacity to build immunity against various diseases and infections is higher in early childhood and 90% brain development takes place by the age of five.
Therefore, it would be good to give suvarna-prashan before an age of five for maximum benefits. Suvarna-prashan has great effects on brain and intelligence, but it would help more before the age of 5 years.
In case, you have missed giving suvarna-prashan to a child before the age of five, then you can give him/her up to the age of 16 years.
Time of swarna prashana administration
The best suitable time to give suvarna prashan (swarna prashana) to children is early morning before sunrise.
Ingredients of swarna prashana
The main ingredient of swarna prashana is swarna (pure gold). The ingredient list is as follows:
- Swarna bhasm
- Shankh pushpi
- Cow’s ghee
- Pure honey
Nowadays, swarna bhasma is used in swarna prashana, which has better safety profile and efficacy as compared to unprocessed gold. The process used for making bhasma reduces the possible unwanted effects and increases its effectiveness.
Ancient method of swarna prashana
The main method described in the kashyapa samhita is as follows:
Take small water and pure gold. Rub gold in the water on a clean grinding stone facing east direction.
Now, mix water and rubbed gold with honey and cow’s ghee.
This mixture is given to the child to increase non-specific immunity.
Dosage of swarna prashana
- Swarna prashan can be given every day as per the below chart –
- Infants to 6months – 1 drop every day/ 2drops on each pushya nakshtra
- 6 months to2 years – 2 drops every day/ on each pushya nakshtra
- 2 to 10 years – 4 drops every day/ on each pushya nakshtra.
- Above 10 years - 6 drops every day.
- The single dosage is also considered effective if taken immediately after birth or as soon as possible following the birth. It can be repeated every month for enhanced preventive effects.
- It is also recommended to use daily basis for 30 days to 6 months according to kashyapa samhita for the desired effects on immunity and intelligence. Obviously, the regular use will be more effective than single use. After 6 months, it should be stopped.
Duration of use
As discussed, single optimum dosage of swarna bindu prashana is also effective to prevent common infections, but 30 days’ regular use of swarna bindu prashana is helpful for preventing maximum of the diseases and increasing intelligence. You should continue giving swarna prashana to your child at least for 30 days. For more beneficial effects on the brain, it can be used for 6 months. According to kashyapa samhita, if swarna prashana is taken for a month, child becomes very intelligent. If it is taken for 6 months, child becomes able to learn quickly and remember whatever he hears. According to this statement, it is cleared that swarna prashana can be used for 6 months without any doubt.
Minimum usage for at least 30 days
- Maximum usage not clearly specified, but as per kashyapa samhita statement, it can be surely used for 6 months regularly.
- After a course of 30 to 180 days, you can give swarna prashana once in every month for next 30 months. Pushya nakshatra day is the best for monthly usage. It comes after every 27 days.
- Importance of pushya nakshatra for swarna prashna
- It is recommended that swarna prashna should be taken on pushya nakshatra. Pushya refers to nourishment and pushya nakshatra is one of the most auspicious of the 27 nakshatras. The symbol of pushya nakshtra is the cow udder. If observed on the pushya nakshatra, the stars in the sky appear in an arrangement that that creates cow udder. Cow udder is associated with nourishment and so the swarna prashna is taken on pushya nakshatra to get optimum nourishment and benefits. Swarna prashna can be consumed on any other day, however, the efficacy can vary and it may not be as effective as pushya nakshatra.
Medicinal value of suvarna prashan
Suvarna prashan has following healing properties, which increase its medicinal value for preventive as well as therapeutic purposes.
- Memory booster
Benefits of suvarna prashan
The health benefits of swarna prashana (suvarna prashana) are explained in an ancient classic textbook called “kashyapa samhita.” according to ayurvedic texts swarna prashana (suvarna prashana) shows following benefits.
1. Boosts immune system
Swarna prashana (suvarna prashana) contains pure gold in the form of ash and some other herbs that are known to enhance the immune power of the body. Infants and children up to the age of 5 years have a low immunity and hence are vulnerable to infections. Administration of swarna prashana (suvarna prashana) in recommended doses can help to build a strong immunity and reduce chances of common infections such as cough, cold and fever.
2. Enhances memory
Swarna prashana (suvarna prashana) can improve attention and the grasping power in children. It is also known to enhance the memory. Swarna prashana (suvarna prashana) seems to be very important for improving brain health in children.
3. Improves digestion
Swarna prashan accelerates the process of digestion and hence improves the absorption of essential nutrients from food. Many children often suffer from gastric discomfort and reduced appetite. Swarna prashan improves appetite and thus promotes healthy body growth.
4. Nourishes the skin
Good skin is a sign of good health. Swarna prashan expels the unwanted toxins from the body causing total body de-toxification. It also improves the blood circulation which further results in improved skin texture and imparts glow to the skin.
5. Reduces mental agitation
Swarna prashan can effectively reduce temper and tantrums. Due to its calming effects on mind, swarna prashana (suvarna prashana) seems extremely beneficial in children with special needs such as autism, learning difficulties, attention deficit disorder and hyper activity.
6. Improves hearing and vision
Swarna prashan is known to improve the sense of hearing and vision.
7. Improves overall physical and mental health
Swarna prashan improves the blood circulation in the body and also stimulates the nervous system, thereby leading to overall good physical and mental health.
Suvarna prashan has beneficial effects on nervous system and immune system. Therefore, it is very helpful for improving memory, retention powder, intelligence, intellect, cognitive functions of the brain. Secondly, it is also effective for improving immunity and preventing diseases. The third effect is on the skin. It improves skin glow and prevents skin diseases.