Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shilpi KhareYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I am 28 years old. I am suffering from frequent urination after a severe sex. What should I do.
I am having periods before time my due date is 11th july but I have started bleeding today I have taken unwanted 72 within 72 hours and previously I took pill when I earlier had sex .i want to know the reason? Am I pregnant? And I am also having diabetes.
Artichoke is a nutrient powerhouse and the amazing health benefits you can have simply by adding this veggie to your diet. Anthocyanins, quercetin, rutin, and many other antioxidants are present in fresh artichokes which helps you to prevent from cancer and provide you immune support to protection against heart disease. Artichoke are also rich in fiber, 120 g artichoke contain 10.3 g of dietary fiber which making this vegetable more powerful for weight loss and also helps to improve your digestive health.
Am 7th Month pregnant, baby moves every 10 to 15 min very lastly in womb. After stop the moving iam having a littlebit pain in stomach. Please guide us in this regard.
My wife period date is 12 nov and we have marriage on same date we want to post the period date what we should do.
Is ivf start only if I get periods. Pcod. Periods delay by 20 days. Wanna start ivf. Want to conceive early.
I am suffering from little bit breast pain. And in periods time it pain more. Please suggest me what it is.
My gf is not getting periods on time this month. What is the reason of this? She is already 5 day late. Please suggest what is the reason?
With changing lifestyles, the small household chores have become the workouts for most of us. When not done properly, however, these cause more harm than good. The spine often bears the brunt of this damage. Read on to know if you are damaging your spine on a daily basis. If yes, time to change the way you do these activities.
- Carrying shopping bags: While two bags might look more expensive, carrying one bag tilts the weight to one side and causes the spine to bend. Instead, opt for two small bags, and this weight distribution is friendly on the spine.
- Cleaning the floor: Either sit down completely or stand and use a mop. Never bend down and try to clean the floor with a cloth. The spine posture created during this is very unhealthy and puts pressure on the spine.
- Tying up shoe laces: While it is difficult to sit down and tie the shoe laces, it is definitely worth the effort. Bending down and tying is harmful to the spine posture, and when repeatedly done, can be damaging in the long run.
- Washing vessels: Bending and washing vessels is a strict no-no. It puts too much pressure on the back and the disk wears out faster. Try standing and keep a stool at knee level, on which you can rest the knee. Take turns to do this on the right and left knee.
- At the washbasin: Bending down to brush the teeth or wash face is bad on the spine. Over a long period, this can put lot of strain on the spine. Try to rest your hand on the wall or the sink and see the pressure on the spine reduce.
- Office/school bags: It is very easy to sling a bag onto the shoulder and go on. The bag could contain books of a school kid or laptop of an office goer, whatever may be the situation, this puts uneven pressure on the back and can cause shoulder and spine issues. Always try to put the bag on both your shoulders. This distributes the weight and makes it easy on your shoulders and spine. Especially for people who are going to do some walking with the bag, it is definitely not advisable to carry it on one side.
- Sitting: For those who end up sitting for long hours, there is too much stress on the back and so support is advisable. Take short breaks and avoid sitting for more than an hour at a stretch.
- Bad mattress: While a soft mattress is very inviting, it does not support the spine and does not leave you fresh in the morning. Choose a mattress that supports the spine and see the difference. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Hi, She has Lots of weakness, headache, back ache, she is also suffering from Irregular periods (Dely ). She is not interested of sex. Please suggest me something for that. She is only 23 years old. Married last month.
Over time, we have caused tremendous harm to our immune system. Day in and day out, we have potentially risked our lives by being so casual with our health choices. But still, is it possible to leverage some of this burden and thus make our immune system stronger? What if we incorporate some healthy habits into our daily regime? What if we improvise on our diet? Take certain additional vitamin supplements perhaps? Make other lifestyle changes in the hope of achieving a near-perfect immune system?
What exactly is the Immune System?
The immune system in layman language can be considered as a protective cover of the human health system. We are surrounded by millions of pathogens (disease causing germs) that have the ability to enter into the body and cause damage to it. Here comes in the importance of the immune system, the body’s natural shield against these pathogens.
How can you boost your Immunity?
You definitely cannot evade all the pathogens and get a top-notch, impeccable immune system, but you can at least try and listen to what your body has to say, and take steps accordingly.
The first and foremost protective measure can be to follow certain general good-health guidelines.
Do not smoke. There can be no compromise on this issue. Smoking or consuming tobacco in any form brings about a host of health complications; the most pronounced of them all is probably cancer. Smoking, in more ways than one, can spell real trouble for your immune system. So better cut down on your puffs or gear up to face the various medical banes of smoking.
Eat a diet which is rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains and low in saturated fat. Some examples may include citrus fruits, green leafy vegetables such as spinach or lettuce, yoghurt, almonds, lean meat. Sipping on green tea thrice a day is a wise choice in this regard. These measures not only strengthen the immune system but also enhance the Immune System.
Drink plenty of water. Water keeps the body hydrated, the ultimate prerequisite for a strong immune system. It helps to flush out all the toxins and ensures that the cells get the optimum levels of oxygen. Drinking a glass of lukewarm water mixed with honey and lemon on an empty stomach after getting up in the morning can prove to be one of the best health choices that you can make for your body.
If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation. Excessive alcohol consumption causes dehydration and it can deprive your body of the valuable immunity boosting nutrients. It also impairs the body’s ability to fight off germs and infections.
Get adequate sleep. One reason behind stressing on the need to get adequate sleep is because it’s so closely linked to the immune system. While you sleep, the body secretes certain hormones and substances which help better fight infections and diseases. This makes these hormones so vital and indispensable at the same time. So now you know what wonders can those 8 hours of sleep do to you.
Exercise Regularly. If you're looking for a safe and smart way to boost your immunity, regular exercise is the answer to it. But we are not talking about being an ardent, hard-core gym-junkie; rather exercising in moderate amounts would suffice. Cardiovascular exercises such as walking or swimming, performed 30-45 minutes a day, can prove to be very beneficial.
Including good hygiene habits in your daily routine, such as washing your hands properly, bathing and brushing your teeth daily, etc. can be useful as well. Good sanitary habits can be the most basic way to ward off infections at the germination stage. Keep a hand sanitizer with you all the time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
After pregnancy I have facing problems like back pain and fat. I have in my hips, buttox and thighs. What is the solution.
I have a baby 3 months old he fall from my hand to bed but he did not even cry ath that time but after sometime he is not drinking milk from my right breast on sitting on months but on laying bed he is drinking milk from right breastwhat will be his problem he have no problem in drinking milk from left breast on sitting in my hands.
Menstrual cramps that occur during menstruation cycle can impair your regular activities. The menstrual cramps, also called dysmenorrhea, are caused by the uterine contractions. The intensity of the pain that a woman feels can be related to the woman’s prostaglandin glands. Those who are with elevated levels of prostaglandin suffer from intense than those with lesser levels.
Though the menstrual cramps are harmless, they do get unmanageable at times. Like dealing with any other pain, a relief becomes necessary. Several remedies and treatments are available to reduce menstrual cramps, and some of them are listed below.
- An Improved Diet: The easiest way that you can adopt to tackle menstrual cramps is to improve your diet. You must reduce consuming fats and turn to vegetables as your primary food. Low-fat diet always helps to decrease the overall inflammation in your body. Its effects on menstrual cramps have also been noticed. Thus, it is beneficial to stop consuming saturated unhealthy fats and start consuming unsaturated healthy fats.
- A Painkiller is Effective: The most popular remedy for pain has always been a painkiller. Though treating your menstrual cramps with pills is rare, but a safe painkiller with no steroids can seal the deal. However, as it with any medicine, consult your doctor before consuming any.
- Tea: Just plain tea or herbal teas can be helpful to reduce the menstrual cramps. Though the research on this particular relief method is extremely scarce, it is a traditional remedy and has been giving some refuge to women under cramps. Tea with cramp barks and tea with peppermint oil are a few of the most popular home remedies to manage the pain.
- Fish Oil and Vitamin B1: Fish oil supplements and vitamin B1 has been proved to be useful in treating menstruation cramps. A study published in September 2014 in Global Journal of Health Science showed that women who were consuming fish oil supplements or Vitamin B1 or both showed reduced effects on cramps than the women who didn’t take any. Moreover, consumption of fish oil supplements or vitamin B1 or both disappeared the cramps faster than usual.
- Essential Oil Massage: A study published in the Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Research in May 2012, showed that a massage with aromatic essential oil over the abdominal region, both upper and lower, helped to reduce the pain and the cramps. Take a few drops of the oil and massage frequently over the course of your period, and it will provide you with some relief.
- Hot Pad: Perhaps the most followed remedy to menstrual cramps is the hot pad. Curl up with a hot pad over your lower abdomen, and it is sure to give you relief. This is great for minor cramps.
Traditional and home remedies provide relief in most cases. However, if the pain is unbearable and occurs along with vomiting or other problems, visiting your gynecologist is advised. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Having a healthy sex life is as important as being healthy physically and mentally. Regular intercourse can give you a longer lifespan, boost your immune system, give you better sleep and help you manage stress more effectively. When it comes to sex, variation is the key in keeping the spark alive between couples. Some people may find sex toys an interesting way of expressing themselves and stimulating themselves or their partners.
Today, sex toys can be easily bought online or offline with most people preferring the former. Some of the sex toys easily available in India include vibrators, role play costumes, dildos, anal stimulants, adult games, etc. Sex toys can be used by both men and women on their own or with their partners. While there is no proven health benefit to using these sexual aids, it can increase your sexual pleasure in a number of ways including
- An increased chance of orgasming for women: Women often find it hard orgasming with traditional vaginal intercourse. Hence toys that offer clitoral stimulation may make it easier for a woman to climax and may even increase the intensity of her orgasms.
- Increased intimacy: Introducing a sex toy into your relationship can increase intimacy by making sex more enjoyable and fun.
- Less pressure on performance: This is true especially in the case of men who have performance anxiety. Knowing that you can please your partner with a sex toy reduces the pressure on you to be able to please him or her. The use of a vibrator can also cut down foreplay time thus helping men who complain of premature ejaculation. The use of a dildo can also help a couple have longer intercourse in the case of men who suffer from erectile dysfunction.
- Increased self-awareness: Using sex toys can give you a better understanding of your body and how it is most aroused.
The effect of sex toys on sexual pleasure
Sexual pleasure is like food and sleep for the body. It soothes and relaxes the mind and body, eliminates stress and is great for your cardiovascular system, brain and nerves. Sexual pleasure is also not a non-sided affair reserved for men. And the sex toy industry is the forerunner of sexual equality by being female-centric. There are more sex toys in the market today for women than men. Let’s take a quick look at a few of the sex toys in the market for men and women, shall we?
- Vibrators: These sex toys are meant to make women orgasm. They come in different shapes and sizes and their types include
- Clitoral vibrators: These stimulate the clitoris. A few of them also have a point on the end for pinpointed clitoral stimulation; most of them though are designed to fit snugly on the vulva or the outer part of the female genitalia.
- Rabbit vibrators: These stimulate both the clitoris and the G-spot. This can be done either at the same time or one at a time.
- Vibrating Eggs: Also called bullet vibrators, these are as small as an egg and are designed to be used externally to stimulate the clitoris. These can also be used inside the vagina, which makes them excellent for beginners.
- G-spot vibrators: These are internal vibrators that focus on the G-spot. They have a curved tip to stimulate the G-spot.
- Finger vibrators: They are also used to put direct pressure on the clitoris while wearing them on a finger.
- Wearable vibrators: These can be worn inside the panties to stimulate the clitoris.
- Couple vibrators: They are used by couples during sex. These are designed in such a way that one part stimulates the clitoris and the other part goes inside the vagina and stimulates the G-spot, while the penis is inside at the same time. This way both partners feel the vibrations.
- Pulsators: ?Pulsators are the latest type of sex toys for women. They are more than mere vibrators as they mimic the back and forth movement of penetration. Pulsators can be used both vaginally and anally for sexual pleasure.
- Dildos: Dildos are penetrative sex toys and they do not always vibrate. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes which mean that you can choose one that works for you.
- Anal toys: These include anything that goes inside the anus. These toys enhance sexual pleasure during the sexual act by going inside the anus and stimulating the nerve endings there. Dildos can also be used as anal toys. As they move back and forth, they can be used to achieve orgasm. Butt plugs, another anal toy stays put and creates a sensation of fullness. Some of them also vibrate for extra stimulation! Anal beads are a string of beads that increase in size. These can be inserted in the anus for stimulation.
- Penis toys for men:
- Penis rings are worn around the base of the penis. These work by constricting blood flow so that erections last longer, producing more intense orgasms.
- Masturbators: These are essentially ‘sleeves’ or tubes that provide extra ribbing and texture while masturbating. A few masturbation sleeves vibrate for more pleasure.
How to increase the pleasure of the toys by adding herbal aphrodisiacs?
The use of herbal aphrodisiacs that can be imbibed while using sex toys has enhanced both the quality of orgasms and their length. A few herbal aphrodisiacs that you can include with the use of sex toys are
- Ashwagandha: Studies show that Ashwagandha stimulates the production of a chemical called DHEA or dehydroepiandrosterone. This is a hormone which is converted by your body into testosterone and estrogen. Hence, ashwagandha is an excellent sex enhancer. Take 2 to 4ml twice a day for sexual bliss.
- Asparagus: In French history, they say that the bride and groom-to be ate asparagus three times a day before their wedding to increase their libido for the wedding night. Why Asparagus works as an aphrodisiac is because it has aspartic acid that helps to neutralize extra ammonia found in our bodies which is responsible for weakness and sexual disinterest.
When using sex toys, it is important to remember that these toys are not meant to replace human partners. It is also crucial to use these toys carefully and to ensure that they are always kept clean. Washing it with a soap and water solution is usually enough to clean the toys and the use of harsher chemicals should be avoided. Do not share your toys with others as this can lead to the transference of STDs and other diseases. You may also consider using a lubricant with sex toys. In addition, you could also use herbal aphrodisiacs to increase your pleasure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.