Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shilpi KhareYour feedback matters!
I am facing periods irregularly the periods coming after 3 yo 4 months? What is the solution for this?
My wife 28 years old. She is 5 months pregnant. Few days back it has been observed that one of the ducts of the nipple of her right breast leaks reddish liquid when gets press while the other ducts of the same breast leak whitish liquid ie colostrum. Is there anything to be worried ? She feels no pain, no noticeable lump, no change of the nipple, skin is as usal , no dimple looks. We are very much anxious. Please advice.
I am a 25 year girl and there remains pain in my breast. It pains more when I remove bra. Please tell me is this normal?
I am 25 years old women am planning for a pregnancy. But last two months I got menses cycle. Either I need to consult the doctor or any other way to solve the issue. Kindly advice us.
Hello doctor I am having vaginal infection ,I.e itching since 2 months. I have taken candid3 vaginal tablet, 15 days back. But no effect.
I am 26 .last year married, we met last month on my 22nd day ,my upt is negative. But now 15 days missed period .is there chance to get pregnancy.
Vaginal yeast infection occurs when too many yeast cells grow in the vagina, causing inflammation. It can spread by sexual contact but is not considered as a sexually transmitted infection. A yeast infection results in soreness or itching in the vagina with a burning sensation while urinating.
Causes of yeast infections in the vagina:
The vagina contains a balanced mix of yeast and bacteria; but if the balance is disrupted, it can lead to yeast infection. The reasons for overgrowth of yeast infections are:
- If antibiotics are used more than usual, they can decrease the level of lactobacillus bacteria present in the vagina, changing the pH of vagina
- Having high estrogen levels during pregnancy by using high dose birth control pills and hormone therapy can lead to the overgrowth of yeasts.
- Having diabetes, especially when the blood sugar level is not checked and tends to be high
- Having a weak or impaired immune system
- Being overweight and having poor eating habits, including foods high in sugar level
Risk factors associated with the condition:
A number of factors can increase your risk of getting a vaginal yeast infection.
- Using antibiotics heightens your risk of developing vaginal yeast infection as it disrupts the balance between yeast and bacteria. Excessive intake of antibiotics can kill healthy bacteria, leading to overgrowth of yeast organisms.
- Having a weak immune system with conditions such as poorly controlled diabetes and HIV can lead to an overgrowth of yeast in the vagina. Corticosteroid medicines also weaken the immune system.
- Wearing pants that are tight-fitting, nonabsorbent and undergarments that trap warmth and moisture
- Having high estrogen levels due to an imbalance of hormone levels during pregnancy or menstrual cycle can also lead to vaginal yeast infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Hi Doctor, I am from AP, a diabetic type 2 patient since 2010. Got lately married at around 38 years age (Aug 2016). My wife's age 36 and conceived recently (3 weeks before). My wife working as staff nurse in a govt. Hospital doing rotational shifts is not taking proper food. Recently I got her tested for complete blood picture. Her Hemoglobin levels are 8.4 below the normal range. Please suggest some iron and folic acid combination supplement during first trimester of pregnancy. My father aged 68, diabetic and my mother non diabetic and also clarify what precautions necessary during first trimester of pregnancy in order to avoid miscarriage.
My friend has recently got married so she is very afraid of participating in sex. What are the things to follow for 1st time participation in sex and what will be the result after participating in sex?
I am 24 years female. My period got skipped from last two month i. E Oct and Nov and I have done pregnancy test in both months by using prega news and the result was negative. So I dont know what is thw problem. Please provide me some solutions. Thanks.
Hi I am 19 years old girl. I was not having periods in the month of march( but I didn't had sex). N on 13th april, I had unprotected sex, but I took I pill within 12 hrs. As I was not getting periods in march, I took medicine to get periods n on 19th, it surely came. But is there still any chance that I may be pregnant? i am really scared.
I am 30 years old and my wife 23 . but we don't have a child after two years of my marriage.Please suggest.
Ever increasing temperature during summers make it very essential to be hydrated with lots of fluids taken in a frequent interval. Proper hydration not only helps general health, it also helps the oral health by maintaining right moisture in the mouth. Natural juices like tender coconut, buttermilk, lassi etc make good choices while carbonated drinks should be avoided.
Its already 1&half year gone we got married my wife still not getting pregnant we are having monthly 3to4 sex. Last from past 3months we are having sex in ovulation time.
I was suffering from endometriosis and underwent laproscopy last year. Now doctor prescribed me three months course of progynova (estradiol valerate) from day 1-14 ubhipene (clomphine) 3-7 and duphaston from 15-28. Is it safe to take these medicines or endometriosis will have any effect. What are the chances of conceiving. Last month I took this but was of no use.
1. Reasons-to-quit checklists
2. Why do I smoke?
3. Am I addicted to nicotine?
4. My smoking diary