Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShilpiYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years of age and I am suffering from androgenic alopecia area. Shall I use keraglofort tablet for alopecia area.
My son is 1 year old. He has very scarce hair on his head. I am worried. I am using Olive oil for massage. What should I do?
I am 27 yrs old, I am constantly loosing hair. Due to irritation and wet sort of dandruff. I tried minoxidil 5% but could not help to resolve the issue. My situation is very tense due this problem.
I was prescribed mometasone furoate cream for pigmentation removal. Is it safe to use? Will it cause any side affects? I was told to use it for 2 weeks to remove pigmentation.
I saw some acne on bottom of my feet before 2 day. Its very painful I am unable to walk. What type of reason behind it. What should I do?
Sir/madam may I know is there any treatment for get rid of stitches mark on forehead which was happened long back (8 years before)
I am losing hair quickly and have tried all shampoos bur no effect yet I am not sure what else can I do can you please help me with this?
Pls tell me how do remove black mole from my skin? I have home remedies process garlic but this product are other side effects. Some easy process tell me how do remove mole?
I am 19 years old and I have dark circles beneath my eyes and they are not going. Im worried about my face what should I do.
Can you suggest me Wat I should do if my hair are falling please suggest me bcoz day by day my hair are falling.
I am 24 years old. My skin is very oily. So pimples and black spot never gone to my face. What can I do for clean skin and clear face. please suggest me.
I am slowly recovering from worms problem I have, anal itching is almost vanished but I still can say whenever I do exercise or my body gets warm I feel itching all over my body. Recommendation pls - is it can be allergy or it is only due to worms. I really want to rush to gym and start body building again -bcoz already I have lose enough muscle in last weeks due to this problem. Please recommend me some fast way to recover from this fast so that I can go and do gyming.
There are so many pimples in my face and my shoulders also for past 3 yrs. So I need permanent solution to cure pimples. I have dandruff also in my scalp. Is there is any relationship between pimples and dandruff?
How to treat acne scars naturally and effectively using ayurveda treatment and home medicine or herbs like need basil etc.
Hello Dr. My hairs are very frizzy and thick I can't go out without straightening them. How can I get frizz free silky hairs.
The skin covers and protects all parts of the body. It is also most exposed to the outside world including the dust, pollution and other environmental pollutants. Smooth, healthy, glowing skin is what most of us desire, in addition to diet, lifestyle and stress produce various changes to the skin, which are just totally undesirable. In addition to the cosmetic effects, they also have a huge psychological bearing on a person. Imagine a person with acne-filled face, or a person with eczema on the hands, or a person with warts on the neck. They are obviously embarrassed and try to hide the affected part with clothing.
Homeopathy believes that these skin conditions are not just due to environmental causes, but have a deep underlying health condition. Correcting that will help restore normal healthy skin and improve the overall personality and quality of life of a person. Acne, psoriasis, eczema, warts and urticaria are the most common skin ailment commonly seen. Let's know more about these skin disorder-
- Acne: Acne is a common skin disease that causes pimples. Pimples form when hair follicles under your skin clog up. Most pimples form on the face, neck, back, chest, and shoulders. Anyone can get acne, but it is common in teenagers and young adults. It is not serious, but it can cause scars.
- Psoriasis: Psoriasis is a noncontagious skin condition that produces plaques of thickened, scaling skin. The dry flakes of skin scales result from the excessively rapid proliferation of skin cells. The proliferation of skin cells is triggered by inflammatory chemicals produced by specialized white blood cells called lymphocytes. Psoriasis commonly affects the skin of the elbows, knees, and scalp.
- Eczema: Rather than a specific condition, eczema is a group of unrelated diseases that have a similar appearance. When it is new eczema, the affected skin appears red and elevated with small blisters (vesicles) containing a clear fluid. When the blisters break, the affected skin will weep and ooze. In older eczema, chronic eczema, the blisters are less prominent and the skin is thickened, elevated, and scaling. Eczema almost always is very itchy.
- Warts: Warts are raised bumps on your skin caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV). Wart viruses are contagious. Warts can spread by contact with the wart or something that touched the wart. Warts are often skin-colored and feel rough, but they can be dark (brown or gray-black), flat, and smooth.
- Urticaria: Hives, also known as urticaria, affects about 20 percent of people at some time during their lives. It can be triggered by many substances or situations and usually starts as an itchy patch of skin that turns into swollen red welts. The itching may be mild to severe. Scratching, alcoholic beverages, exercise and emotional stress may worsen the itching.
However, there is a lot of overlap in terms of what homeopathic medications are used in each of these conditions. Most commonly used medicines are:
- Graphites: In patients with eruptions on the face, scalp, various joints, which are extremely itching, scaly, and dry, graphites is used. These people have dry hair with increased hair fall.
- Lycopodium: If the eruptions are dry and scaly, this can be used.
- Causticum: This is again widely used in treating warts, acne, and psoriasis.
- Calcarea: Eczema which covers the scalp and the face with white crusting, which is extremely itching especially in the morning. This is also useful in solitary warts which are round and hard.
- Sulphur: The sore skin has pustular eruptions. The scalp is dry but hot to the touch. There is a great tendency to scratch, especially at night. This is also the first choice to treat pustular acne, warts, and urticaria. It also helps in removing old scars from acne. A word of caution, it can cause exacerbation of symptoms, and this should not cause panic.
- Puslatilla: Acne is often associated with puberty, and in young girls, this is commonly used where there is an association with menstrual cycles.
- Antimonium crudum: This is widely used in warts that can be single or in groups, hard or smooth. There could be associated digestive issues and irritability.
With treatment for most of these skin troubles, there would be a dramatic improvement in the person’s mood before the actual skin problems improve. The person also would feel more motivated with higher energy levels. This is one of the major benefits of homeopathy, where not just the symptoms, but the person’s overall quality of life improves without any known side effects.