Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Shilpi B. KhareYour feedback matters!
My period is 15 days late. Pregnancy test shows negative. I am having some important religious trip. So I want to take primolut n tablets. Is that effects if I am pregnant. Can that tablet cause periods after delaying? Please suggest me I don't know what to do? I am having pcos.
Hi doc. i am 36 years old female. Weight 106. Height 5" 8. Two years back uterus enlargement came in us. I took homeo treatment for six months. Later uterus was back in normal shape. Now the issue is periods which is very heavy and full of clots. I went to the gyne also. My all test were normal only thyroid was there for that am taking 50mg empty stomach. When ever I get tense or in stress bleeding starts with heavy clots. Am working. Very difficult to cope with my day to day life. Please help.
Ayurveda is a field where the medicinal properties of the various herbs used has been proven scientifically, over the years. This ancient life science, also brings in a knowledge base that can help in treating a variety of ailments. Sexual dysfunction is one such ailment, which can leave a person with a less than stellar sex life. The various phases of sexual activity from stimulation to excitement and gratification can suffer due to such ailments which can prevent any or all phases from occurring in the first place. The disorders can affect the ejaculation, potency, orgasm and arousal as well.
There are variety of herbs that act as aphrodisiacs in Ayurveda and can help in treating sexual disorders in males and females, as follows:
- Nutmeg: Nutmeg powder and extract can be used by men, who are suffering from sexual dysfunction. It can also increase the potency and the libido of the male patients who ingest it. This herb can also be used by women who are experiencing lack of libido and stimulation. Many women in Africa have used this herb since ancient times to build better sexual health.
- Date palm pollen: The pollen from date palms can help in increasing the sperm count of the male patient who has a low sperm count. This aphrodisiac also improves male fertility.
- Ashwagandha: This is a good aphrodisiac for both male and female patients who are undergoing sexual disorders. It can help in sexual stimulation even as it fixes issues like lack of libido and erectile dysfunction.
- Fadogia agrestis: This herb can help in increasing the testosterone level, which is responsible for better sexual stimulation and other sexual functions in male patients.
- Lepidium meyenii: This is a herb that has originated in Peru and is also known as Maca. This herb can help in fixing infertility in male and female patients. It contains various elements like sterols, campesterol and sitosterol among many others that can improve fertility.
- Saffron: This herb is known to boost the libido by leaps and bounds and is even used to garnish a hot glass of milk just before bedtime, as it acts as a good aphrodisiac when combined with milk. A strand or two can work wonders, as per Ayurvedic practices.
- Passion Flower: This is considered as a good aphrodisiac because it helps in reducing anxiety and stress, which can soothe a person and create a better environment for stimulation and excitement. It can be used by male and female patients alike.
There are many herbs as per Ayurveda, which can be used as aphrodisiacs in order to cure sexual disorders. These can be taken on a regular basis, in moderation.
Hallo doctor, my mother of two babies 5 n 4years. My husband always attracts towards other ladies who lives near us. So. I get hyper. What is the solution of my problem. AM in job he is also in job.
Is it normal to have pain in belly button during 8th month of pregnancy. Just an half n hour before I felt a sever pain in my bellybutton. I am 8th month pregnant.
Is it safe to consume I pill in a span of 3 months? Are there any other safer alternatives of emergency contraceptives.
Hi, I'm having vaginal itching n heating problem from last 6-7 days, m unable to go washrum without heating in vagina. What should I do.
Should I jump, run or jog during menstruation, is it harmful, because of it menstrual cycle becomes fast?
I am 36 weeks pregnant and I am feeling sudden huge decrease in my baby movements. Is there anything to worry?
We are planning to children today I have my first day of period and I have 4 days bleeding. What is the right time to conceive, diet and precautions (menstral time period 28-30days) please give me the valuable suggestion for me sir.
I am 33 years old. I didnt get my periods for 2 months. No sex with my husband for the last two months. Suggest me the tablet for getting periods immediately. My weight s also increased.
Hi, I am having thyroid and deficiency of vitamin d3 b12 so safe to conceive as 1 years has gone for marriage.
Hello Meri marriage ko 8 month ho gye h but last month se me family planning kar raha hu meri wife 16 March ko fresh ho jayegi me kitne din continue kru ki wife pregnant ho jaye. Or pregnant karne ke liye sex ki position bhi matter karti h ya kisi bhi position me sex kar lo?
I am married, and now I am pregnant for last one month, but I don't want to get baby this time, its too early, so what should I do to drop this?
My wife got blessed with a baby 4 months ago. Her menstrual cycle is not yet started. We are sure that she is not pregnant. We visited to nearby hospital, they advised that it would take sometime to start her menstrual cycle again. Can you pls advice? Does she want to take any tablets?
Ragi has always been known as a highly nutritious foodgrain, rich in calcium. You might notice the power of ragi when you visit the maharashtrian countryside. Known colloquially as'nachni, a staple diet of these'naachni bhaakris' and'pitla' has been the main reason behind generations of lean yet robust kids.
Finger millet is the english equivalent of ragi. Also, predominantly, used in south india, it is also a rich source of protein, fiber, iron and other minerals.
It is more nutritious than other cereals and has a host of health benefits.
1. Weight loss
Ragi is very high on fiber. Hence, it digests slowly, keeping you full for a longer time and helps you avoid excessive food consumption. This helps you shed kilos and keeps you fit.
The high fiber in ragi helps to clear bowels smoothly everyday and prevents constipation.
Due to its slow digestion rate, ragi helps lower blood sugar levels. Hence, diabetics can enjoy ragi rotis/pancakes without the fear of affecting their sugar levels.
3. Bone strength
Ragi is very rich in calcium. It can be easily substituted for milk (in case of lactose intolerance) to get your daily calcium dose. You can also have ragi flour kanji as a great source of calcium. Ragi porridge can be given to growing children for bone development and to elders to avoid osteoporosis.
4. Gluten free
Ragi is free of gluten which is found in wheat and its products. Hence ragi can be easily taken by gluten sensitive people.
5. Cholesterol control
Highly fibrous, ragi helps control and lower bad cholesterol levels.
Ragi is also rich in iron and hence can be beneficial for people with anemia.
Ragi mixed with milk works wonders for infants. For the elder kids, naachni khakrashighlight the health-conscious man's snack section during tea breaks. There is a huge list of south indian dishes which feature several ragi permutations and combinations (eg. Ragi idlis, ragi dosas, ragi rasam, etc.)
All in all, in the company of ragi, you have no choice but to stay healthy!