Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shilpi B. Khare
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shilpi B. KhareYour feedback matters!
Dr, I am pregnant just now I think its only 3 weeks. Is there any natural method for miscarriage at home? please answer as soon as possible. I missed my period last two days.
I am a 22 year old lady. I have been on novelon 21 day contraceptive pill for last one month but on the last month I missed the second last pill which I doubled up the next day with the last pill. I had a pill free week of 6 days on which I had my withdrawal bleed from 5th to 8th of this month. Then I started with the new pack on 8th and had protected intercourse on 9th. Condom did not break but he used the same condom twice while having intercourse. Till then I have not missed a pill. I had a fever on 13th I took two calpol same day and had protected intercourse next day. I have not experienced any pregnancy symptoms bit I am worried since I have not started new pack immediately after missing the pill.
She's having difficulty getting pregnant. Pcod detected ovum size not good. I'm Having hypothyroidism. Too taking eltroxin 50.
I am 27 years, its 2 years long I have been married. Now I am planning for kid. We also consulted doctor she told me that there is some problem with the cyst. Is it a serious issue? Please help me.
I am 17 year, I had foreplay with my partner on second day of my period end day, he ejaculated his sperm on my vagina by mistake I have doubt about this, cause my period is 10 days late, it had to be on 10 march but till now 19 march no menses please help me out.
Am 22 years old re gently married girl .sir / mam from last 1 2 month I hav a problem that during sex my vagina got swelled up .and its very pain full that I am even not able to walk properly after 1 time sex .whenever coitus is happen, within a few minutes vagina get highly swelled up .and also there is a lot of itching and burning of micturition after that .can you please tell me why this happen to me and any treatment for this .If there is vaginal infection .what medicines should I take for that .i want to treat that as soon as possible.
I have azoospermia, we have done 5 times iui for my wife, but now doctor told us for ivf, but how much success rate of ivf, my age is 31 and wife is 27. And what is normally cost for ivf in pune?
Childbirth comes within an age bracket. Women feel this more so than men. Career demands or other personal choices can delay the time to get pregnant. Thus, freezing your eggs can prove to be beneficial, if you delay childbirth to focus on your career or education, or if you have certain medical conditions such as cancer.
- Egg Retrieval: Before the eggs are harvested, there is a lot you have to do. The first month is spent taking blood tests and ultrasounds. In the second month, you will have to take medicines before your procedure for egg retrieval. Ultrasounds and blood tests are also conducted at this stage to monitor the growth of the eggs. Around the time of your ovulation, the eggs will be harvested. You will be lightly sedated during the procedure. After the procedure, you might feel bloated and experience cramping. At least 15 eggs are retrieved for optimum chances. The medicines prescribed are all hormone injections which you can self-administer.
- Freezing and Storage: The largest human cell is the egg. It is comprised mainly of water. When the eggs are frozen, crystals can form which can destroy it. So an anti-freeze replaces the water after the eggs are dehydrated. This prevents crystal formation. Eggs are frozen using vitrification. In this process, the eggs are either slowly or flash frozen. Eggs can be frozen for as long as 10 years. This does not hamper the quality.
- Risks: There is no guarantee that freezing eggs will lead to having a baby. Sometimes, eggs do not survive the freezing or the thaw.
- Advantages: For women who are suffering from cancer, freezing their eggs might be the best option. They might want to preserve their fertility before their cancer treatment starts. This is useful since radiation and chemotherapy can harm your chances of getting pregnant.
The obvious advantage of freezing your eggs would be the fact that it gives you time. It lets you decide and keeps you one step ahead of your biological clock.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello doctor, Good morning. I have a problem. Loose starch like liquid is coming from my vagina. I feel too much itching. I saw doctor 2 times. They prescribed vaginal tablet of candid. It will come with intervals. That means if one time came then it will remain almost 2 or 3 weeks. After that I feel okay. After that it will come after a month or 2 month. That much interval is there. Now again it came.In my memory it is the 5th or 6 the time in period of October 2015 - sep 2016. Please give me a solution. It affected my prayers, sex etc.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome or PCOS is very common amongst women of reproductive age. This condition affects the ovaries and is one of the leading causes of infertility. Increased hair fall is one of the other effects of this disease. According to Ayurveda, PCOS brings the Kapha dosha that normally can be found in the upper half of the body downwards along with the Pitta dosha. This affects the Prana-Vyana-Apana axis. One of the impacts of this misbalance is a loss of nutrition to tissues including the hair follicles. Without proper nutrition, the hair follicles begin to die and fall off.
Thus, addressing the Prana-Vyana-Apana axis is one way to treat hair fall caused by PCOS. Some forms of Ayurvedic treatment that can be used for this include:
- Sarvangadhara: This involves pouring medicated oils or milk or decoction over the body as per the condition of patient.
- Shirodhara: In this form of treatment, milkor medicated oils etc. are poured in a continuous stream over the head.
- Udwarthana: Dry Powder massage for removal of Kapha or ama dosha.
- Abhyanga: A massage with medicated Oil or Ghrutam.
- Swedana: Sweat inducing treatments for elimination of toxins.
Other forms of Ayurvedic Medicaments & Panchkarma treatment that may be used to treat PCOS and hair fall associated with it are:
- Panchakarma: It means 5 therapies. These 5 therapies (i.e Vaman, Virechan, Basti, Nasyam, Raktamokshan) themselves vary from case to case. This helps deal with a number of issues caused by PCOS. For example, it helps regulate body weight, hormonal secretions, removes toxins, decreases resistance to insulin and enhances metabolism. The effect of this can also be seen on hair growth as hair fall is lessened and hair regrowth is enhanced.
- Ayurvedic Medicaments or Herbal Remedies: A number of herbs also have a beneficial effect on hair fall caused by PCOS. They stimulate ovulation and regulate menstruation to balance hormone levels, destroy cysts in the ovaries, regulate blood flow during menstruation and aid in natural conception. Some of these herbs include Ashokarishta, Shatavari, Rajapravartini vati, Kumaryasava, Dashamoola kashayam etc which has to be taken as per the condition of body under the guidance of expert Ayurvedic onsultants.
- Yoga: Specific Yoga asanas are beneficial for hair loss along with treating PCOS. It helps release stress and eases the symptoms associated with PCOS including hair fall.
- Pranayama is one of the primary yoga exercises beneficial for PCOS. This helps relax the mind and detoxify the system. Other yoga asanas that can help reduce hair fall include the Suryanamaskar, Bhujangasana, Sirsasana, Salabhasana, Sarvangasana, and Badhakonasana, Vakrasana.
Along with this, it is necessary to eat a well-balanced diet, avoid junk food, get adequate sleep at night and meditate regularly to improve one’s emotional health.