Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Shilpa GuptaYour feedback matters!
I have had a depression after loosing my uncle and aunt at the same year. I.E 2006. Is there a way to feel better?
Sir. I am mentally depressed because of my love failure. And my blood pressure is about 163/110. How can I recover?
I am a 23 year old guy. I have used cigarettes since 4 years, drinking alcohol and been smoking weed for 6 months. Now I have quit all the things and smoke cigarettes ocassionaly. What I felt that I have lost lots of weight after that and having vision problems and remembering things. Also I have had multiple encounters with my girlfriends with protection ofcourse I am not able to decide what should I do visit any doctor for the weight loss thing and of that is linked to some serious sexual or lung related disease.
I am loosing control of my brain sometimes. And my behaviour got childish. Sometimes I get so much anger and over thinking so much.
How to detoxify lungs? When it gets effected by smoking. Please give some suggestion to detoxify my lung.
Depression is a psychiatric disorder that is characterized by constant feelings of sadness, low self-esteem and loss of interest in daily affairs. Depression is most likely caused by hormonal imbalances, genetic problems, drug addiction and grief.
Depression can be characterized by its symptoms:
- You will experience constant feeling of sadness
- There may be sudden outbursts of anger
- You may have difficulties in concentrating and executing various tasks
- Constant feeling of tiredness
- Loss of appetite
- Changes in weight
- Social withdrawal
- Difficulties in sleeping at night
Homeopathy focuses on treating disorders by rooting out the cause of the disease rather than just treating the symptoms. Homeopathic treatments also do not cause any side effect to the body.
The various remedies that are used to treat depression are:
- Causticum: It is used to treat symptoms of depression that occurs after losing someone. It can also help in episodes of frequent crying, mental dullness and forgetfulness.
- Arsenicum album: This remedy is used to treat excessive worrying. Usually people who worry about not meeting their expectations benefit most from this remedy.
- Aurum metallicum: This remedy is used to treat symptoms of suicidal thoughts, despair and low self-esteem. These symptoms may aggravate during colder months.
- Cimicifuga: This treatment is recommended if you feel extremely upset and gloomy. If you face symptoms of neck pain and headaches during depression, then this remedy might help you.
- Phosphoric acid: If you face symptoms of introversion and loss of appetite, this remedy should work wonders.
- Sepia: This remedy is recommended when you face symptoms of loneliness, anger and are easily disturbed. It may also cure symptoms of digestive disorders during depression.
- Pulsatilla nigricans: Pulsatilla nigricans is used to treat symptoms of whining, jealousy and mood disorders. It is usually recommended for women who have depression along with menopause or puberty.
- Kali phosphoricum: This is used to treat symptoms of emotional stress, lack of concentration and fatigue resulting from depression.
A Note of Caution: Even though the names of the medicines have been listed above, still it is advisable to consult a trained homeopathic practitioner as the potency and dosage of the medicine will differ from person to person and can only be decided by the doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized homeopathy and ask a free question.