Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Shilpa GuptaYour feedback matters!
I always feel stressed. I feel lonely. No proper friends. I had some friends but they don' t bother me. Am fedup of life. It' s affecting me a lot because I am not able to study and waste my time thinking what I did. And these people always point my mistakes. I am really fedup of all these. Am not able manage my life and it' s affecting my studies. Please help am losing hope in my life because if I don' t study then I won' t get good job. Am crying everyday.
I am suffering from epilepsy since 2007, presently I am taking levipil 1000 twice a day & eptoin 100 (100 mg in morning & 200 mg at night) still sometimes I got sensation of its seizure. How it can be cured doctor?
I have been taking self hypnotic sessions from 2 days, I would like to know that is it harmful to the mind and body.
I am 59 years old having undergone angioplasty in June 2015. Post procedure, I suffered from acidity, constipation and muscular pain around heart region. As soon as I recovered from this, I suffered from back pain and pain in gluten area. I could not sit on a chair for long. My wife was diagnosed with parkinson in February 2016. She has responded to the treatment and doctor has given positive feedback to her. I am also having difficulty at work front due to non cooperation of colleagues. Antidepressant by the Psychiatrist Estazolam5 half tablet also created headache and I was sleeping the whole day. I am able to understand that I am in a difficult situation and I also feel that I need to get on with life with new realities, but not able to do so.
Every married couple undergoes relationship troubles, but these troubles should not linger for a long time otherwise you might end up facing dreadful consequences. If you want to save your married life by maintaining a smooth relation with your partner, then you have to look for the best solutions that can resolve marital issues.
How to manage marital relationships?
- Maintaining Trust: Since trust is the base of every relationship, therefore you should make special effort in maintaining the same. Unresolved issues should be resolved quickly and there should be transparent communication between the married couples. Some of the special qualities that should be maintained in order to maintain trust within a marital relationship in long run are being on time, consistency, being sensitive towards feelings, avoiding lies, sharing feelings, respecting partner's feelings, avoiding jealousy and others.
- Healthy Communication: If the problems remain unresolved, then more and more conflicts will be invited. Have open discussions and clear up your points so that confusions can be eliminated. If you make efforts in understanding the real causes, then only the problems can be resolved. You need to put yourself in the shoes of the partner and understand where the person is coming from. Most conflicts occur because we only see our view points and not that of others.
- Giving time to the relationship: You can maintain your marital relationship in a healthy state only by considering the married life as the prior issue. Keep your marriage above every other social thing and then only relationship can be made secured. Give time for repairing all dubs and defects of your relationship. In this case, you can also take the help of any expert counsellor. Spend some quality time with each other so that the warmth of your relationship can be maintained.
- Tackling monetary problems: Do not allow any conflict to come into your relationship just because of a pathetic financial condition. It is important for both the partners to put-in efforts in saving money so that monthly expenses can be kept under strict control. A perfect budget needs to be scheduled so that financial strength can be restored. If you are incapable of catering financial support, support your partner at least mentally so that he can come out of the financial trouble as soon as possible.
- Maintain a Happy Sexual Life: Create a proper schedule for lovemaking in order to maintain a healthy sex life. You should try to know the sexual needs of your partner so that you can fulfil the expectations.