Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Shilpa GuptaYour feedback matters!
Headache problem from last 10 days , checked 2 to 3 doctor's and also doing all report for check up didn't get any diseases in report but problem of headache same not feeling well plzz suggest best doctor or treatment, we've so frustrated please reply as soon as possible. Last 3 days admit in JLN hospital but not getting any result. please suggest sr.
May I please know the symptoms of depression as due to some issues in home I feel something awkward nd suffer from health issues also.
My daughter aged 26 yrs, unmarried is suffering from depression since last 2 yrs. We consulted Psychiatrist during Jan 2013 and was on treatment for 6 months after undergoing the following tests; 1. Awake ECG( which is normal),2. SAS,SDS,SQ% (normal)3. Random plasma glucose, creatinine (normal) 4.TSH 3.19 ( within limit) 5.CPB (normal). Unfortunately,without doctors advice she discontinued the medication in July 2013 and during June 2014 she again suffered the depression and attempted suicide 3 times. The doctor again put on medication since June 2014 till todate.Now she is using 1. Toficalm 50 mg.(1tab mor & 1 tab eve) 2. quitipin 100 mg (1/2 mor, 1/2 afn and 1 eve) and 3. Paradize XR 25 mg.(1/2 mor & 1 tab eve). She has at present no signs of depression. My doubt is how long she should be on medication and when should we perform her marriage.
I am having hair loss and m using head and shoulders anti dandruff shampoo. I smoke too. And m using Mustard oio. please suggest me some tips.
I was suffering from ocd and anxiety for last 3 months and had been taking medicine for last 1 and half months. Now I am feeling much much better and feeling like all ok. My doctor told that I should continue my medicine for one and half year .presently I have no problem but I am not getting a good taste of my food.
My is always in distribution can you help me even after I got up from a sleep I can't control my anger.
1. My problem is I sometimes feel that something told by a person has already been told by someone else and it feels very real. Because of which I start to doubt myself. What should I do? 2. Is it I have any delusional problem, what should I do. My memory is becoming bad day by day.
I am 20 years old boy. I often find an immense need of a girlfriend & physical relationship. Is this right or wrong please give some tips or advice.
What is depression?
Everyone sometimes feels sad, but these feelings usually pass after a few days. When a woman has depression, she has trouble with her daily life for weeks at a time. More women than men get depression. It is a serious illness, and most women who have it need treatment to get better.
What are the different forms of depression?
The most common types of depression are:
Major depression?severe symptoms that interfere with a woman's ability to work, sleep, study, eat, and enjoy life. An episode of major depression may occur only once in a person's lifetime. But more often, a person can have several episodes.
Dysthymic disorder or dysthymia?depressive symptoms that last a long time (2 years or longer), but less severe than those of major depression.
Minor depression?similar to major depression and dysthymia, but symptoms are less severe and may not last as long.
What are the signs and symptoms of depression?
Different people have different symptoms. Some symptoms of depression include:
Feeling sad or "empty"
Feeling hopeless, irritable, anxious, or guilty
Loss of interest in favorite activities
Feeling very tired
Not being able to concentrate or remember details
Not being able to sleep, or sleeping too much
Overeating, or not wanting to eat at all
Thoughts of suicide, suicide attempts
Aches or pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems
What causes depression in women?
Several factors may contribute to depression in women.
Genes?women with a family history of depression may be more likely to develop it than those whose families do not have the illness.
Brain chemistry and hormones?people with depression have different brain chemistry than those of people without the illness. Also, the hormones that control emotions and mood can affect brain chemistry.
During certain times of a woman's life, her hormones may be changing, which may affect her brain chemistry. For example, after having a baby (postpartum period), hormones and physical changes may be overwhelming. Some women experience postpartum depression, a serious form of depression that needs treatment. Other times of hormonal change, such as transition into menopause, may increase a woman's risk for depression.
Stress?loss of a loved one, a difficult relationship, or any stressful situation may trigger depression in some women.
How is depression treated?
The first step to getting the right treatment is to visit a doctor or mental health professional. He or she can do an exam or lab tests to rule out other conditions that may have the same symptoms as depression. He or she can also tell if certain medications you are taking may be affecting your mood.
The doctor should get a complete history of symptoms, including when they started, how long they have lasted, and how bad they are. He or she should also know whether they have occurred before, and if so, how they were treated. He or she should also ask if there is a history of depression in your family.
Medications called antidepressants can work well to treat depression. They can take several weeks to work. Antidepressants can have side effects including:
Nausea, feeling sick to your stomach.
Difficulty sleeping and nervousness.
Agitation or restlessness.
Most side effects lessen over time. Talk to your doctor about any side effects you may have. ASK ME ONLINE,PRIVATELY FOR ANY DOUBTS AND HELP
It is normal to feel nervous before an interview or be anxious about something, but letting that fear take over you is not normal. If your worries and stress interfere with your day-to-day life, you may be suffering from an anxiety disorder. Fear not, this is treatable with homeopathy. Here are a few homeopathic remedies to help calm an anxious person.
- Kali Phosphoricum: Kali Phosphoricum is a potassium phosphate that helps calm people when overwhelmed by anxiety attacks. This is suitable for people who are easily stressed, over sensitive, insecure, irritable and despondent. It also helps deal with the after effects of grief and fright. Physical ailments such as fatigue, dullness and lack of energy that are a result of anxiety can also be treated with this bio-chemic salt.
- Aconite Napellus: Aconite Napellus is made from a purple flowering plant by the same name. it has a number of uses, primary among which is to control anxiety. This is one of the best homeopathic remedies for sudden, intense anxiety attacks and for post traumatic anxiety. It also helps deal with after effects of anxiety such as memory weakness, restlessness, oversensitivity and spells of rage.
- Argentum Nitricum: Argentum Nitricum is also known as nitrate of silver. This is helpful in cases where anxiety makes a person insecure and unsure of what to do. When you're anxious, you are likely to crave for something sweet and feel very hot. Both these are cyclic symptoms of anxiety, and can worsen the situation if not dealt with. However, Argentum Nitricum helps calm the digestive effects of sugar and cool the body to keep anxiety levels in check.
- Arsenicum Album: Arsenicum Album is a constitutional remedy that can treat both chronic and acute problems. This works well on people who are worried about safety and security. If issues like health, money and break-ins are the cause of your anxiety, this homeopathic remedy is ideal for you. It also helps deal with restlessness.
- Calcarea Carbonica: This homeopathic ingredient is made from the middle layer of sea shells. When it comes to anxiety, Calcarea Carbonica is well suited for people who are scared of change and over controlling. This anxiety is accompanied by excessive sweating due to any exertion and stubbornness. Such people are also often afraid of animals and of the dark and get easily confused. One of the biggest advantages of homeopathy over allopathic treatment is the absence of side effects when taken in low doses. However, even homeopathic medication can have side effects when taken in high doses. Therefore, it is a good idea to consult a doctor before self medicating with homeopathy.