Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
I am 32 yrs old. Had done orthodontic treatment when I was 22yr old. The problem today is that I have frequent mouth ulcers. Infact off late always. Sometimes inside walls of cheeks in the gums and also on the tongue. Is it related to the treatment I had? or any other causes? I have had enough of bcomplexes and multivitamin tablets. It isnt helping. What next?
I lost my front teeth but now its get crowned. But the problem is I don't like the crown. The crowned teeth was so much bigger than next one. B'coz he do some crown lengthening for that teeth. Now he removed the crown last week. He asked to look for 1 Month for growing gum. Is it possible to grow gum back?
Any age group people can use snowdent paste for white teeth? and snowdent is harmful to teeth for not?
I had a yellowish blend of teeth even after using many toothpaste, mouthwash the color is still yellow Seeking opinion for whitening teeth
My teeth is shaking I had do root canal for my that teeth. And now my that teeth is paining because of shaking so please suggest me what should I do now. I had also done my root canal treatment. For my that teeth.
I have white mole on my tongue at the end. Nd my tongue is also rough (white in colour). Sides of my tongue are red with small mole. What is that. M really in trouble to know this problem. There is no pain.
I have 1-2 mm gap in my front teeth. For this im thinking to get braces. Since the gap is not major im wondering how long would I have to keep the braces and how much would it cost me approx?
My friend jessica started having pain on her left side of her face. Her jaw, her checks, even her teeth started to hurt randomly. Before that she had a sharp strange pain on the left side of her head. She is curious what this could be. I could it be something serious or is this common? Please help! Thank you!
I'm 19 years old and I'm getting mouth wounds often and I've tried using zytee but still no effect. I'm having ulcer and it has been diagnosed I don't know if the mouth wound is due to ulcer.
What is the reason behind thirst at night after drinking alcohol. When I consume alcohol I need water at night.Please tell sir.
If we think about what attracts us to a person in general, the first thing that we can think of is a great, warm smile. A good set of well-aligned white teeth is an important aspect of this great smile. However, white teeth remain an elusive thing for most of us. Some of the common reasons for discolored teeth are as below.
- Hypo mineralized tooth structure
- Food habits
- Tobacco smoking/chewing (learn more for Smoking Effect on Teeth)
- Side effects of medication (tetracyclines, for instance)
The degree of discoloration varies widely and also is hereditary. Whatever the reasons, there is the option of tooth whitening, which is effective with optimal oral health and good oral hygiene habits. Tooth whitening is not for everybody though, the following are the definite contraindications.
- Teeth with fillings: The bleaching agents work best on natural tooth structure. Whether it is a crown or a veneer or a bridge, the bleaching agent will not work on these tooth-colored fillings and composite resins. On the contrary, using bleaching agent on a tooth filling can produce uneven whitening. The teeth without fillings will appear lighter than those with fillings. If the person has discoloration due to fluorosis or any other reason, then it is ideal to complete any pending restorative work before initiating tooth whitening procedure. This should be allowed to settle in for about 2 weeks. After that, whitening should be undertaken which will ensure the best results and match with the composite filling/veneer/crowns. In people with multiple restorations, whitening can result in uneven coloration of the teeth and so veneers or crowns would be better suited than whitening.
- Sensitive teeth: Sensitivity is an indication that the dentin is exposed or is covered by a very thin layer of enamel. Whitening agents will not work very well in these cases.
- Poor oral health (gingivitis, worn enamel, cavities, and root decay): The whitening agent can irritate the gums or penetrate the existing decay or worn enamel leading to sensitivity. The tooth whitening agent works on the enamel, and as the tooth surfaces do not have enamel, they do not produce a whitening effect.
- Age: Hydrogen peroxide which is the most common bleaching agent is not safe for use in children below 16 years of age. The pulp chambers are quite high and the tooth is still forming, so bleaching agents are not to be used.
While choosing to go for tooth whitening, one thing to bear in mind is that it is not a permanent solution to discolored teeth and might require repetition of the treatment. Having a detailed discussion will help set realistic expectations and achieve optimal results.