Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shilpa DhawanYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 25 year old girl. My teeth are very badly aligned. I want to get the straight but in less time. I wish to know the options available. If braces too i want to know the maximum time and less visible ones. As i have to get married soon.
I am having breading problem at night from last few days, I have to take deep breath through my mouth after every few minutes and when I get up in the morning my mouth is dry and I have a pain in my throat but after some time it goes away. Please help me.
I feel like vomiting in the morning while I brush my teeth or try to eat something dry. This effect is only in the morning when I wake up and gone later. Is this is Acidic flux? Is it a natural stuff and can be ignored?
Sir I feel pressure in my teeth these getting very tight and when I chew something than I pressure in my teeth I think they come closer to each other so sir what can I do.
Last night I was suffering from severe tooth pain. I took some traditional medicine. But no relief from pain. So please I need total dental care solution.
Am not able to open my mouth complete from past four years due to develop of last teeth at end, wat to do.
Hello sir im chinmay of age 26 I had too much pain in my teeth and swelling too please hepl me thank you.
My daughter who is 9 years old, has a problem with her tooth. Her tooths are not falling off normally. It is removed only after going to a dentist. Now it is seen that several small new teeths have started appearing behind the old one's. Doctor says that surgery should be done. What should we do?
Im feeling a severe pain in my teeth and its been due to cavity and when I eat or sip something, I feel a pain and ive tried haldi and garlic so that it could control my pain but no use. So please could you recommend me a medicine or should I consult the doctor to remove my teeth.
My wisdom tooth are grown up so its paining too much because of that I can't eat anything and my face become swelled, what can I do to remove that pain and which medicine will suit at this stage?
A sparkling set of shiny white teeth can make a smile more appealing and infectious. Yellow teeth can be extremely embarrassing and annoying. The important dental tissues that make up a tooth include the Enamel, Dentin, Cementum and the Pulp, of these four tissues, the enamel (the white and hard teeth surface) and the dentin (pale brown) are responsible for the tooth colour. Any damage to these two tissues bring about teeth discolouration and factors that contribute significantly towards yellowing of teeth include:
- Poor dental care and hygiene like improper and inadequate flossing and brushing techniques.
- Unhealthy lifestyle habits like chewing of tobacco and betel nuts, smoking, excessive consumption of alcohol, tea and coffee.
- Certain medical conditions and treatments (chemotherapy and radiation) can adversely affect the dentin and the enamel. Antihistamines are also known to stain the teeth. It is best to avoid mouth washes containing Cetylpyridinium Chloride.
- With age, the enamel tends to thin naturally exposing the dentin that lies underneath it.
- Fluoride intake in excess can stain and discolour the teeth.
- Yellow or discoloured teeth can also be genetic.
Yellow teeth, though frustrating, can be fully treated. The mode and success of the treatment is largely influenced by the extent of the teeth discolouration.
- Avoid smoking and chewing of tobacco as much as possible. Control the intake of drinks and foods that can stain and discolour your teeth.
- Practice healthy dental hygiene. Brush your teeth twice daily.
- Some whitening agents (over-the-counter) can be effectively used to treat yellow teeth.
- Dental veneers are a great way to deal with yellow teeth.
- For a healthy set of white teeth with pearly shine, visit your dentist every six months.
In addition, several natural and homemade remedies can also prove to be beneficial
- Nothing can treat yellow teeth more effectively than baking soda. Brushing your teeth with toothpaste mixed with baking soda (about a quarter teaspoon) can do the yellow teeth a world of good. Using a mixture of baking soda with vinegar (white), lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide is an effective natural remedy.
- A healthy practice to get rid of yellow teeth is to rub the teeth with orange peel every night.
- Rubbing the teeth with Strawberry paste will help to reduce the yellow stain greatly.
- The benefits of lemon are known to all. Brush your teeth with a mixture of lemon juice and salt. Wash it off after a few minutes and the yellow tinge will be a thing of the past.
- Charcoal, Apples and Basil leaves are powerful natural ingredients to treat yellow teeth.
Your smile is precious! Do not lose it to yellow teeth.