Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shila Gupta
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shila GuptaYour feedback matters!
I had a surgical abortion 3 years ago. For last two months I was trying for baby. But did not get any positive result. Now my age is 30. So is it due to my previous abortion?
I didn't felt nausea anytime during ovulation, but from last two times I am feeling nausea during ovulation, was this normal or am I pregnant?
Hi, Main 30 years ka hoon meri sadi ko 2 years ho chuke hai but abhi tak mera koi bacha nahi hua hai main soch raha hoon ki mera kuch problem ho sakta hai to ap kuch suggestion de sakte hain to please tell me.
1) Ovulaion ho rehi Hain pata krne ka tarika?(With out medical kit) physically koi change? 2) ovulaion k next din sex krne se pregnancy aaskti Hain? 3)Commonly period k 13 din bad yani 14th din me ovulaion hota hain? 4)Aga ovulaion date me sex ho toh egg ko" Y"Cromosome fatilise kr degi 100%?5) Ek bar sex se hi ovulaion date me egg fatilise ho jati Hain?
Festive season is a time of fun, beauty and indulgence. There is always an excitement when Diwali is around the corner. It is all about fun, mingling with your family and friends, and eating sweets and snacks. But during this mood of elation and celebration, one forgets that what goes inside also shows up externally. There are the endless parties for which you would dress up and style. So there will be the blow drying, ironing, styling, make-up, late nights, and to top it all, the alcohol and cigarettes. This, coupled with the excess smoke and pollution affects the skin and hair to a large extent.
Here are few tips on how can you keep your skin glowing and hair healthy during the festive season. To start with, let me explain what damages your skin and hair and how.
- Sugar – Sugar suppresses the activity of our white blood cells and thus makes us more susceptible to infections. It also worsens allergies and causes damage because of the breaking down of good proteins, leading to the formation of Advanced Glycation End-products (AGE). AGE makes the proteins in the collagen and hair stiff and hard; thus speeding up the process of skin ageing and making the hair brittle. One of the main reasons for wrinkles, deep lines, and sagging skin is AGE. So gorging high sugar foods during festivals can lead to fine lines and excessive dryness. So please be mindful of what you are eating during this time.
- Smoke – Smoke and pollution damage hair and skin. It makes the skin dry and scalp irritated or even itchy. Too much exposure can lead to boils/ folliculitis, skin rash, and acne exacerbation. To prevent this, you should wash your hair and body thoroughly the day after the festival to counteract the damage caused by smoke and ash.
- Excessive make-up and styling – You need to dress up and look pretty on festival days. This means excessive make-up and hair styling products, blow drying, and ironing. Not all this is harmful, but what worsens the situation is when you ignore or forget to remove them all off after the party is over. Always remember to follow your night-time skincare regime and cleanse your hair of all the styling products.
- Alcohol and cigarettes – These worsen the condition of your hair and skin. Alcohol makes the skin flushed and dehydrated with broken capillaries. And cigarettes compromise the blood supply to your skin. So cut down on cigarettes and alcohol as much as possible.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Be on a healthy diet always, especially a month before the festivals start.
- Avoid too many sweets.
- Drink plenty of fluids like water, coconut water, and buttermilk.
- Try to cut down on your alcohol intake and cigarettes.
- Apply an anti-oxidant cream which contains vitamin A, C, E or Q10 during the day, underneath your sunscreen.
- Remove every trace of make-up and apply a good nourishing night cream.
- Start oiling your hair with light oils like the ones which are coconut-based.
- Do not use mousse on hair. If you do, then wash it off at night or the next morning.
- Blow drying with low heat is better than ironing. Ironing can lead to hair breakage.
- Avoid harsh surface chemical treatments during the Diwali month – be it for skin or hair.
- Include some cardio exercises in your daily routine.
So, follow these simple steps to look gorgeous and feel gorgeous during this festive season!
Sir mera period 10 ko ani thi pr aaj tak nahi aur aaj mujhe toilet karne me problem ho rahi hai dard ho raha aur baar baar mujhe toilet jana pad raha h kya karu 2 din pahle sex bhi kya h hamne.
Sir, I ejaculated on my gf underwear during humping sex panty got wet, and as per my gf she ovulated last night now we are very afraid about pregnancy, she did not take any i- pill within 72 hours, she is virgin, please help us.
I've an unprotected sex with my girlfriend last day and today morning I gave her i-pill within 8 hours of having sex without condom. Is their any chance of getting pregnant? How can I prevent her from getting pregnant except having abortion? Is their any ways to prevent from getting pregnant?
I want to conceive a baby .after some test of follicular study they asked to do laparoscopy. I still confused about this test.
I want to have a baby. Me n my wife are planning from last 6 to 7 months but we don't succeed. Please suggest us.
Are you gaining excessive amount of weight during your pregnancy, well you are not alone. Most of the pregnant women tend to be overweight or obese. You are viewed as overweight, if your pre-pregnancy body mass index (BMI) is approximately between twenty-five and twenty-nine. Your BMI is the relationship between your height and weight. You are considered obese, if your BMI is thirty or more.
However, here are some ways with which you can control the weight gain during pregnancy:
- Eat a solid, yet less-calorie diet: Utilize a convenient pregnancy food journal to ensure you are getting enough supplements and drinking a lot of water every day. The journal is additionally helpful for keeping track of your mood swings and appetite levels, so you can spot patterns you may need to change. Since you realize that you have to take after a particular eating regimen, the following are very solid for you:
- Crisp leafy foods
- Oats and bread made with whole grains
- Low-fat milk and dairy items
- Foods rich in folate such as strawberries, spinach and beans
- Unsaturated "good" fats such as olive oil, canola oil, and shelled nut oil
- Regular exercise: In case you are a relative newcomer to work out, you can start with pregnancy exercise for beginners. You can practice low-impact exercises; for example, walking, swimming and light heart stimulating exercises. Never begin an exercise without first talking with your medicinal services supplier or doctor. Furthermore, make sure to you adhere to the thirteen principles of safe pregnancy work out. A few women do get in shape during pregnancy in case that they roll out solid eating regimen and make way for life improvements, so make sure to check in with your specialist if this happens.
- Comprehend your calorie needs: As specified before, not all pregnant women have to put on equivalent measures of weight. Thus, you have to know precisely what number of calories you require. Talk with your specialist to get the correct number.
- Eat frequent, small meals: This is true when you need to deal with your weight, pregnant or not. Eating successive little dinners is particularly helpful when you are pregnant. Eating a full feast makes you wiped out.
- Taking prenatal pre-natal vitamins: This is something your specialist will recommend in any case. Yet, in case that you require an extra motivation to take your pre-birth vitamins consistent, then this is it. As you most likely are aware, your body needs additional food and nutrients during pregnancy. In case that you need to deal with your weight and take in the supplements without stacking yourself with calories, take your vitamins.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I had miscarriage on 26march. Then normal period on 28 april. Now I am on 14 th day and slight bleeding is there. We had unprotected sex after 3 days of period. Please confirm the reason for bleeding on 14 day.
I am suffering from pcod and tried to conceive for the past 7 months. I am on clomid 3rd cycle what if I am not getting pregnant this time also.
Dear doctor, am facing the problem f sagging breasts. Am really worried. I hav a strong passion and interest towards dance but due to this problem my confidence level s low and am unable to participate. After a gap I joined dance class and I hav to prevent breast from sagging. Am 24 and my height is 153cms nd weight is 54kgs. Am having a regular period. 28days cyclic and 3 days of Menstruation. Really need a solution to get rid of and suggestion regarding wot typ of inners I hav to wear. Thank yu:)
Hello doctor. My boyfriend is sexually active, but the problem is that he does not want to use condoms at all! I tried thousand times to explain to him but he does not want it. Instead, I told him that I would take proper contraception timely so that I do not get pregnant. We agreed on sex at most once a month or once in two months. I am 19 years old, please suggest what precautions should I take? What pills are recommended? Will taking too much contraception at this age prove harmful for future? Will I be able to conceive later? Will I be too prone to STIs? If so, then how often should I get my checkups? Will I have I take frequent blood tests and ultrasounds? What can I do for precautions against stis? I need serious advice! Please help me, what should I do?
My age is 40 I want to my period earlier because some family function and pooja is there last month my period date was 5.10.2016 I am going my native place on 28.11.2016 should my period will comes very earlier like from 24 November Start.
I am getting married next month so wanted to know the better contraceptive options as my periods are irregular.
Health benefits of egg whites:
According to kanter, 'high-quality protein helps build muscles and allows people to feel full longer and stay energized, which can help them maintain a healthy weight.' egg whites are an excellent source of protein, with 3.6 g of protein per 17-calorie egg white. That's about 5 percent of your daily protein needs.
'although we often think of protein's function in building and maintaining muscle, newer research suggests other benefits of protein' kanter told live science' for example, numerous studies since 2010 have found that protein-rich breakfasts, including those containing eggs, result in blunted postprandial glucose and insulin responses, greater satiety, and lower energy intake at a subsequent meal, suggesting a positive role of eggs for hunger and weight management.' a study published in the american journal of clinical nutrition looked at protein-rich breakfasts in overweight or obese adolescent girls and found that high-protein breakfasts were associated with less evening snacking, as well as positive changes in 'appetitive, hormonal, and neural signals that control food intake regulation.'
One egg white contains 54 mg of potassium, a vital mineral and electrolyte associated with heart health, bone health and overall effective cell and organ functioning, according to the university of maryland medical center. Many studies have linked potassium with lower blood pressure because it promotes vasodiliation (widening of blood vessels), according to today's dietitian. A study of 12, 000 adults, published in archives of internal medicine, showed that those who consumed 4, 069 mg of potassium each day lowered their risk of cardiovascular disease and ischemic heart disease by 37 percent and 49 percent, respectively, compared with those who took 1, 793 mg per day.
Egg whites contain almost identical amounts of potassium and sodium, minerals that work together to create an essential electrochemical gradient known as membrane potential, according to the linus pauling institute at oregon state university. Membrane potential is critical for muscle contraction, nerve impulse transmission, heart function, and transferring nutrients and metabolites throughout cells. Maintaining these membrane potentials accounts for 20-40 percent of the resting energy expenditure of a typical adult. According to livestrong. Com, egg whites help balance the potassium and sodium necessary to maintain these membrane potentials.
'diets higher in protein have been linked with lower risk of developing hypertension,' said kanter, and new research shows that egg whites might be particularly helpful. In an animal study announced by the american chemical society, scientists at clemson university discovered that a peptide called rvpsl (a component of protein) found in egg whites 'reduces blood pressure about as much as a low dose of captopril, a high-blood-pressure drug.' it blocks angiotensin-converting enzymes, which are produced by the body and increase blood pressure.
Kanter noted that egg whites are a good source of riboflavin, also known as vitamin b2. Sixty-two percent of an egg's riboflavin is contained in the white. This vitamin is associated with releasing energy from carbohydrates, thereby helping metabolism, and producing red blood cells, according to the national institutes of health, which lists eggs on its list of good sources of riboflavin. It also works as an antioxidant, breaking down dangerous free radicals (molecules that can damage or kill cells), according to the university of maryland medical center.
An american journal of clinical nutrition article discussed the problems associated with riboflavin deficiencies. These included anemia, homocysteine levels that are associated with cardiovascular disease, and increased risk of cancer in animal trials.
Hair and skin care
The protein content in egg whites has made them a popular folk treatment for hair and skin care. There is no scientific evidence to back these claims up, however.
While egg whites are a good source of protein and a great option for those suffering from diabetes, high cholesterol or cardiovascular disease, people should be careful not to assume that egg whites provide all the same nutritional benefits of whole eggs. 'most of the vitamins and minerals are contained in the yolk,' said kanter. 'nutrients found exclusively in the yolk include choline, vitamin b12, vitamin d and iron among others.'
A study published in the american journal of clinical nutrition in 2002 caused a stir when it found that raw egg whites interfere with absorption of biotin. Biotin is a b vitamin that is important to fat and sugar metabolism and blood sugar regulation, according to world's healthiest foods. Egg whites contain a glycoprotein called avidin, which binds to biotin and makes it absorbable by the digestive tract. This problem is solved by cooking egg whites.
When raw, both egg whites and whole eggs can present a risk of infecting eaters with salmonella. The centers for disease control recommends cooking all types of eggs until both the white and yolk are firm.
Some people are allergic to proteins in egg yolks and egg whites, but egg-white allergies are more common, according to the mayo clinic. As many as 2 percent of children are allergic to eggs, according to the american college of allergy, asthma and immunology. Fortunately, studies show that about 70 percent of children with an egg allergy outgrow it by age 16. Allergic reactions range from a mild rash to stomach pain to anaphylaxis, which impairs breathing and can send the body into shock.