Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shila GuptaYour feedback matters!
Since 5 to 6 months. I feel pain in my left lower abdominal. Then I had gone for ultrasound in that report it has been write that, 2.6x1.4 cm cystic lesions with echogenic wall foci with comet tail artifacts seen within left ovary. please suggest me what should I do. Before starting my period I feel pain in my left abdominal. N sometime in my vagina also I feel little bit of pain. When I intercourse with my partner sometime i feel pain in vagina and in my abdominal but Just for few hours or 1-2 days. Know this time I am taking homeopathic medicine for my cystic lesions since 4 month. But I don't feel that it is giving me +ive result. please doc suggest me a good solution of all my problem with some medicine too. Please.
Hi doc I am married 26 years old female trying to conceive from 1.5 years I have regular 28-30 days cycle but this time now it is 21 days post my period date my last period date was 1.07.2016 still I didn't get my periods twice I took home pregnancy test it is negative y I did not got my period suggest any medicine to get periods and what might be the problem.
Hello sir/mam, I am 23 year girl from surat, I doing sex with husband and after 2 months dnt came period. I was checked 2 times prega news but its negative. I have already piles problem. What can I do? Please give me right suggestion.
I have stomach cramps, breast tenderness and I got bleeding during. My late menstrual cycle but bleeding seems like implantation bleeding. Am I pregnant?
Vaginal bleeding stands for blood loss from the vagina (including the vaginal wall) or uterus. Marking the beginning of a new reproductive cycle, normal vaginal bleeding (menstruation) takes place every 21-35 days.
It is regarded abnormal if it takes place
- Outside of your normal menstruation period
- When you’re pregnant
- After menopause
- Menstrual flow is heavier or lighter than normal
Common Causes of Unexpected Vaginal Bleeding:
1. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
If your body’s hormone production is out of balance, it brings about a disruption in the normal ovulation (monthly discharge of an egg) cycle, causing abnormal vaginal bleeding.
2. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
Infection or inflammation of the female reproductive organs namely, uterus, ovaries or fallopian tubes as a result of sexually transmitted bacteria can lead to abnormal bleeding. The problem occurs when the bacterial infection spreads from the vagina into these parts of the reproductive system. More importantly, inflammation of these areas can also bring about vaginal bleeding particularly after sexual intercourse.
3. Intrauterine Device (IUD)
The use of Intrauterine Device (a birth control tool that is inserted into the uterus to prevent future pregnancy) can also cause vaginal bleeding like spotting (light bleeding between periods) or heavy periods.
Any hormonal medications, containing Estrogen or Progesterone (eg: certain birth control pills), when taken irregularly or indiscriminately, may lead to hormonal imbalance, leading to abnormal bleeding.
5. Early Pregnancy
Another very important cause of abnormal bleeding in women of reproductive age group is - Pregnancy. Any abnormal pregnancy or early pregnancy with certain defects, can lead to abnormal bleeding even though you may not yet be aware of the pregnancy. Usually, it is the first condition to be investigated in a woman with abnormal uterine bleeding, in reproductive age group.
Apart from these common causes, abnormal vaginal bleeding can also happen due to:
6. Thyroid Disorders
Changes in your menstrual cycle as a result of the hormonal imbalance brought on by an underactive thyroid gland (hypothyroidism) or an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) can lead to irregular bleeding patterns.
7. Uterine fibroids
Abnormal growths in the uterus or on its surface can lead to unexpected vaginal bleeding (longer or heavier periods and bleeding between periods).
8. Cancer of the reproductive organs
Cancer of the uterus, ovaries, vagina or cervix is also known to be an uncommon cause of abnormal vaginal bleeding. The blood loss can take place after sexual intercourse or between one menstrual cycle and the next.
My last mc date is 24/2/15 Ichake pregnacy test test is positiv .So i want to remve pregnacy.By tablet .Next two day s I eat nk cap tablet.Who to identfy pregnacy is removed or not.If not removed .Plase give madical tablet name
I had a miscarriage last year. Now I'm pregnant again after getting IUI. What possible complications can I face? I'm scared. Please tell me about the sleeping position and diet that I need to follow for a healthy pregnancy. Can I eat food from outside? Please suggest me what to do. It's my 5th week.
I am 25 year old married female. Actually I taken a contraceptive pills last month and I have a continuously period problem for last 2 months.
I had protected sex with my partner 7 days back. It was first time for her and she had severe stomach ache for 2-3 days and now is feeling constipated. Her next periods are due on 15-16th of this month. Though we cross checked our protection, i. E, the condom leakage and everything was fine and I'm pretty much sure that I didn't ejaculated in her, is there still any chance of pregnancy looking at the symptoms. Should we go through a pregnancy test now or after the periods are missed, if so happens? Kindly help.
Hi. I had sex before 4 days of M C. I was taken ipill after sex within 24 hrs. But my period date is 17 oct .still I am not getting my period. Please suggest me what to do.
I got bleeding after had ipill within 7 day. Is it effective? Is the pill work? Is there any chance of pregnancy? please help.
Are you in the last trimester of pregnancy and experiencing symptoms such as abdominal pain, vaginal bleeding, uterine tenderness and back pain? This might be an indication of a condition called placental abruption. This is a serious, but rare pregnancy complication in women. The placenta is the structure, which develops in the uterus for nourishing the growing baby. When the placenta peels away from the inner uterine wall before delivery, placental abruption occurs. The condition can deprive the growing baby of oxygen.
There are several factors, which increase the risk of placental abruption. They are as follows:
- High blood pressure: High blood pressure, be it chronic or because of pregnancy, increases the risk of placental abruption.
- Abdominal trauma: Certain trauma caused to the abdomen such as a fall or a blow to the abdomen increases your risk of having the condition.
- Substance abuse: Women who smoke and use drugs such as cocaine during pregnancy are more likely to have placental abruption.
- Premature rupture of the membranes: The growing baby is supported and surrounded by a fluid-filled membrane or the amniotic sac. When the sac leaks or breaks before labor, there are high chances of placental abruption.
- Blood clotting disorders: Any health condition which impairs blood clotting may increase the chance of placental abruption.
- Multiple pregnancy: For women who are carrying more than one baby, the delivery of the first baby may lead to changes in the uterus. This may cause placental abruption before the next baby is delivered.
- Maternal age: Placental abruption is more common or likely to occur among women who are above the age of 40.
It is not possible to reattach a placenta, which gets separated from the wall of the uterus. The treatment options for placental abruption depend on several circumstances. They are as follows:
- The baby is not close to full term: If the abruption is mild, your baby has a normal heart rate, and it is too early for him to be born, you might need to be hospitalized for monitoring. If the bleeding ends and the baby is in a stable condition, you might be able to go home and rest. In some cases, medicines are given to the baby for making his lungs mature.
- The baby is close to full term: If your baby is near full term, and the placental abruption is less, a closely monitored vaginal delivery is undertaken. In case of a progressive abruption, an immediate delivery might be required via C section.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor on experiencing any symptom of placental abruption. This will help you in protecting your baby from any harm.