Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shikha Sawhney Kapoor
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shikha Sawhney KapoorYour feedback matters!
I feel that I am emitionally hyper when it comes to the same is not been fulfilled by my husband. Specially after a fight I find emotionally very dependent ib him
Sir I did not find any concentration on my work Also I mastuburate once in 15 days what I do I losing my grades and a feeling depression comes 1 in a weak I feel alone. What I do?
I am 21 year old. And I get married recently. And my study will continue to 3 year. I want get pregnant after 26 year of my age. So you suggest me that my decision is good for my health when I get pregnant after 26. And please also suggest me, how to possible that I enjoy my marriage life without tension of pregnancy (except condom as precaution)
Hlo sir, I am feeling depressed due to my personal reason nd I am feeling very please pls tell me what should I do?
Sir, I was in touch with a girl since last 3 years. Actually I really liked her and she also knew about it. We have been friends since 7 years and from last 3 years our conversations increased a lot. Nov-4-2014 was her birthday, we spent the day together and I proposed her, she said that her family won't agree to our relationship that's why she can't say yes and then she blocked me on Facebook and WhatsApp. I tried calling her a lot but she never picked my phone. Later after 8 months she unblocked me and gave a text on Facebook asking me if I have moved on or not and then we started talking. She used to show a lot of care and whenever I asked her about a relationship, her answer was same, she said "i'm her very good friend, she can't see me in trouble in future because her family will not agree and we will have to part our ways. I always said "its ok" I asked her to meet up a lot of times, she agreed and never came. One day I asked her in anger why she does this, she said she can't face me and asked me to move on. In between all these she also used to say that her parents want to get her married and prove that we both don't have a future. All her chats and conversations made me realize that she also feels the same but don't admit. These things kept on going until we met on Sept-9-2016. We had a good day together, she clicked a lot of pictures in my phone. We started talking a little more after that day. After few weeks again we met, we were roaming in a not so crowded mall, it was only for 2-3 hours but we had a good time talking. These were the days when she made me realize that she want me to stay by her side. We always met when she wanted to meet, whenever I asked her to meet up she used to make excuses and said no, we also had fights over this. Again after a few weeks she asked me to meet. I picked her from her college hostel in morning and we started roaming in my car. After sometime she asked me to park the car as she wanted to say something. She said, 2 years back a guy proposed her and she said yes only for timepass and broke up in 10 days but the guy didn't agree. The guy has been assuming him as her boyfriend since 2 years but there was nothing from her side - this is what she said. I was very angry after hearing all this but I didn't say much to her. She said from now on she will do everything as I say. After that we both started behaving like GF BF but none of us said something like 'love you' This thing went on for 3 weeks. We were talking on phone, she told me that her parents are getting her married and she don't want to marry now. It was Friday night, on Saturday I accidentally found her at a restaurant with her friend. We talked for about an hour and she asked me to meet up the next Day, I said yes. Next day morning she called and said she won't be able to come. I said its OK but I was angry. I didn't text her after that. On Tuesday I gave her a call, she said she is having dinner and will call back in 5 mins but she didn't. Next day again I called her and again she said she will call in 5 mins but didn't. After that I called her on Saturday and again the same happened. The next morning i.e. Sunday I called and asked why is she doing this, she said "I'm busy, I have a lot of work to do, I can't talk to you all the time" I also said a few words and then she asked me to meet up on tuesday, I said OK. On Monday we were testing on WhatsApp, she was talking very rudely I was very surprised with this change in her behavior and I said I'll never talk to her. After a few days she deleted my number and unfollowed me on Instagram and even uploaded a pic with a guy whom I never liked and she knew about it and when I asked her about the pic she said "you don't have any right to question me" I didn't reply and blocked her everywhere. Now I have unblocked her. I don't understand why all this happened. Could you please help me out?
Teenagers face a huge amount of pressure, from puberty changes to questions regarding their identity and where they fit in. With this kind of uncertainty and instability, it is generally not easy to distinguish amongst depression and the developing hormonal changes. However, teen depression goes way beyond general teenage moodiness. It is a serious medical issue that affects each part of a teenager's life. Luckily, it is treatable and parents can offer assistance.
Here are a few signs that can help determine whether a teenager has depression:
Genuinely depressed teenagers regularly think, talk about, or make attention gathering attempts at suicide. However, a disturbing and increasing number of teenagers’ suicide attempts do happen in reality. Therefore, self-destructive or suicidal thoughts or behaviors need to be considered important and taken seriously.
- A teenager who stays sad, cranky, void or in an irritable mood and believes that life meaningless and good for nothing, is suffering from depression.
- They may experience a loss of enthusiasm for games or exercises they used to appreciate or a withdrawal from loved ones or an inescapable inconvenience seeing someone.
- They experience changes in appetite, critical weight gain or loss.
- A depressed teenager has a tendency to indulge in increased late-night activities, has too much or too little sleep, faces inconvenience getting up in the morning and is regularly late for school.
- A teenager who is depressed suffers from physical agitation, paces forward and backward and displays over the top or dull behaviors.
- He/she may have a loss of energy, social withdrawal, withdrawal from regular exercises, or fatigue.
- He/she may make basic remarks about themselves, conduct issues at school or at home, or become excessively sensitive to being rejected.
- A teenager who is depressed usually has poor performance in school, a drop in test results, or a poor attendance.
- He/she frequently complains about physical pain (headaches, stomach aches).
- He/she thinks or writes about death, gives away the most loved assets with remarks like "You would be better off without me."
Remember that a lot of these signs and symptoms are similar to the conduct of an ordinary teenager. That is the reason why a specialist or a psychologist should be considered in order to determine whether your child has depression or not. In case you are uncertain if your child is depressed or simply being an adolescent, consider to what extent these signs have been going on, how extreme they are, and how different your child is acting from his or her typical self.
Depression is a natural condition. It is not something to be embarrassed about and it should be dealt with. A mix of medical and psychological behavioral treatments are regularly prescribed for teenagers. Request a referral to a psychological wellness clinician from your doctor or medical attendant, a neighborhood recreational center or healing center, friends, kins, care groups, or clinicians. It is important that the entire family get instruction and support about the disorder as patients suffering from depression need company and support. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
Depression in adults is a lot different from depression in younger people. Adults have the overburdening thrust to believe they should be able to deal with any situation however adverse of their own accord. This pushes them to such a point that they bottle up worries and anxieties making themselves vulnerable to depression. Reaching out for help is almost a wager; lost before a fair trial. An elderly person could remain depressed due to varied reasons but the cause is seldom remorse. Assuming the cause as sadness could depress your loved ones even more.
Take a look at the following factors that can depress older adults;
- Serious ailments like strokes, cancer, diabetes, thyroid and so on so forth.
- The loss of a dear friend or a family member.
- Excessive work pressure.
- Stagnation in personal life, passions and goals.
- Lack of motivation to do the slightest of things.
To prevent depression in adults the following ways should be kept in mind:-
- Interaction is the key principle- Adults might need to talk. Being a grown- up doesn't mean you don't need suggestions and advice of your friends and relatives. Try to interact with a person who you think is depressed.
- Try to identify medical conditions and look for reliable treatment- Medical illnesses like cancer or diabetes can take a toll on your mental strength. It can discourage you from living life with full vigor and energy. Thus medical conditions should be treated with due care and a person suffering should be encouraged to take professional psychological consultation.
- Providing a person with space is mandatory- Adults hate being domineered or patronized. When they need space they should be allowed to be alone. It could help them deal with depression better. Staying alone doesn't always involve loneliness. People might need to clarify things to their own selves or might even need time to introspect.
- Make a depressed person take care of a pet- The presence of a pet in the household can relieve its members of accumulating stress. An adult when made to take care of a pet has added responsibilities and will naturally have less scope to wallow in their own sorrow. A pet gives a person the love and affection he or she had been lacking all along.
- Humor is a wonderful pill- Create opportunities to make a person laugh. Share jokes or make them watch funny shows.
- Ensure the person gets enough sleep- A full night's sleep is extremely important. Insufficient relaxation can push you towards depression. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.