Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shikha Sawhney KapoorYour feedback matters!
I lost somebody close last two year so I am not happy can you help me I am very worried this can you help me I am very bad situation
Hello, in my current life nothing goes wrong, I have friends and I enjoy a lot with them, the only problem is, I am not motivated about study. For motivation I watch so many motivational videos but I didn't get motivation. After watching video I feel motivated but within 1-2 hour I lost motivation. What is the region of this. Currently I am in last year of my graduation, I saw my friends are studying very well but why. I don't want to study? I am not addicted any thing, what should I do please reply.
I feel depression some time in a day and I also saw horrible dreams which make me to wake in night with fast breathing what to do to please tell me.
Here are Symptoms of Depression
Mera naam Dr. B. S Arora hai. Main ek monochikitsak hu. Aksar humare pass log aate hai aur kehte hai, “Dr. sahab, main depression mein hu aur depression ke kya lakshan hai?”
Mitron, main aaj aapko batane jaa raha hu ke depression ke lakshan kya hai. Pehla, agar aap note kare ke pichle do hafton mein ke aapka mann kaafi udaas raha ho ya kaafi bhaari raha ho ya aapko kisi ko dekh kar rone ki ichha ho rahi hai, baat baat pe aap ro rahe hai, ye ek depression ka prarambhik lakshan hai. Aur depression ke lakshan hai jaisi ki bhook ka kam lagna, bhook ka adhyatik lagna, ya neend bahut aana ya neend na aana alas ke roop mein hai, aur dekha gaya hai ki aap ka kaam karne ki prati jo aapki shamta hai ya concentration hai ya attention hai wo kam ho gaya hai aur ye bhi dekha gaya hai ki aap shaaririk roop se aap ki jo activity hai ya toh wo bahut kam ho gayi hai ya bechaini badh gayi hai ya aapke khayalaat mein ye bhi aa sakta hai ki meri jo zindagi hai uska koi mulya nahi hai koi worth nahi hai, meri zindagi ke andar koi ichha nahi hai isko hum kehte hai the idea of hopelessness, worthlessness aur kabhi kabhi patient ko aatmaglaani ke bhav kaafi bhar jaate hai.
Isi dauraan kitne mareezon ko aatmahatya karne ke vichaar, aatmahatya karne ke liye apne aap ko taiyaar rakhna, kitne log depression ke dauraan apne aap ko haani bhi pahucha sakte hai. Ye depression ke prarambhik lakshan kahe gaye hai. Aur aklsar log kehte hai, “doctor sahab, depression ka ilaaj kaise aur kab tak hoga?” depression ka ilaaj do method se kiya jaata hai. Hum agar patient ko evaluate kare aur uske baad hum dekhte hai kis mareezon ko dawai ki zarurat hai ya nahi hai. Jo depression ke andar medicines chalet hai unko hum anti-depressants kehte hai. Wo lag bhag 9-11 mahine tak chalate hai. Usme bhi teen awasthaye hoti hai. Pehle hum mareez ko advice karte hai ki pehle 7-10 din tak aur fir thode samay tak 2-3 hafte tak apne manochikitsak ke sampark mein rahe. Second method, jisse log kehte hai psychotherapy ya counseling. Isme hum mareez ko sikhate hai ke apne aap ko aaram kaise karna, relax kaise karna, aur nakaraatma bhav aur vichaar se kaise chutkara paana chahiye.
Isme hum pehle mareez ko kehte hai ke negative thoughts ko pehchaane yaani aware rahe, unko challenge kare, aur nakaraatma vichaar ko hata ke positive feelings, positive thoughts, positive emotions kaise generate karne hai. Ye sab hum aapko monochikitsa ke dauraan sikhaate hai. Jisme pehle kuch haft eek se do sitting ya kabhi kabhi teen sittinh bhi lete hai. Jaise jaise aap in cheezon ka abhyas karege aapki dawai ki maatra aur dawai ki doses ko kam karte jaate hai. Aur fir ek samay aisa bhi aa sakta hai ke jab aap in cheezon ka niyamit tarah se abhyas kiya toh aapki dawaiyaan bhi chut sakti hai.
Mitron, agar aapko depression ya depression ke upchaar ke hetu agar aapko kuch aur jaankari chahiye toh aap mujhe Lybrate ke zariye sampark kar sakte hai.
I am really suffering for gas problem most of the days the gas is going through my back side. Eventhoug I cannot control. For which problem iam mentally stressed. Please help me.
I get imaginations like I swallow very big objects and I vomit immediately. Everything around me happens faster and I vomit without being able to match my physique with that fast imagination. I walk very fast at that time and behave in a fast forward mode. I am now able to control myself during that situation and it happens once in 6 months or a year. What could it be?
Now I'm 23 years old starting from my childhood I'm a pampered kid all the decisions related to my life and career are made by parent's and family. All the time they use to find mistakes in me and they use to compare me with others. At one point of time they have decided that I'm an useless stupid. My parents have lots of complaints with my attitude, conduct, character and each and every aspect. On the other side my friend's and teachers have supported me a lot they never had a complaint with me. In my entire school and collage life there were 3 to 4 simple complaints on me regarding my academics. So I use to think that my family loves me a lot they want me to be best in each and every aspect. That's y they have lots and lots of complaints with me. But now I have completed my b-tech and now I was not ready to listen my parents any more. But now I was completely confused I don't know what I have to do next. For simple reasons I'm getting angry. Some times I'm crying without any reason. All the time I'm feeling alone and depressed. What I have to do.
There is a little blooding after two months of pregnancy. Is any tension here. Pls suggest me doctor.
I am 40 year old, female. I am suffering from depression, stress feeling, anxiety, weeping kind of problem since last 17-18 years. This problem started after birth of my second child. I am taking medicines prescribed from neuro-psychiatrist. In between for 3-4 years I felt well, stopped taking medicines. But now a days (from last 2 years) whenever I hear news like earthquake, cyclone or any natural /any other disasters I again start feeling depressed and not able to concentrate on anything. I feel like stressed / crying all the time. This problem now a days started occurring frequently. Though I am taking medicines, I do not feel well. Feels stress in upper head. Also feel irritation and become angry sometime but I can not express same. Once this problems occurs, it stays fro nearly 10 -15 days. Kindly help.
My question is wife aged 33 years is a Ms. patient since 1999/2000 there are no repeat attacks Ms. but in the Feb 2014 she had an epilepsy attack and it has occurred 5 times until now with no regular intervals, now problem with her is she is having cramps in the head which some times starts from legs too Also her memory is very weak cannot remember/recall easily.
Hi I'm 23 year young boy and I have a Habit of smoking from last 6years. I just wanted to check my body whether it is in good condition or not.
Amid this exceptional time of Postpartum when the body is exploring such a variety of changes, ladies regularly encounter migraines, fatigue, issues with nursing, and emotional episodes. Some of these homeopathic cures are entirely basic and can astonish in getting you through the knocks that can happen baby blues.
- Pulsatilla: Pulsatilla is produced using the wind-flower. It is a homeopathic solution for the touchy mother. She is regularly sad, gentle (however persistent in some ways), and now and again bashful. Pulsatilla can be entirely tender and regularly needs to be consoled by her accomplice that she is cherished at times to the point of being requesting. She can feel effectively pitiful, alone, or relinquished when she can't get this consolation. Pulsatilla can be resigned and need to please others.
- Phytolacca: Phytolacca is a plant also called pokeweed. Its fundamental activity is in recuperating Mastitis and I have seen it rapidly and viably help numerous ladies with both analyzed and undiscovered symptoms. What's more, this helpful cure is incredible for nursing challenges due to yeast, torment in the nipples, or split nipples. Phytolacca can be dreadful with a propensity to envision that she is going to kick the bucket when physical symptoms go ahead. She is regularly black out or woozy while getting up.
- Sepia: This homeopathic cure, made of the ink of the cuttlefish, is ideal for the depleted mother who is overwhelmed to the point that she truly simply needs to be allowed to sit unbothered. She is normally depleted, however her vitality unmistakably enhances from activity. Sepia is drained and drawn, regularly with a yellowish paleness to the skin, particularly the face.
- Caulophyllum: This is the homeopathic arrangement of Blue Cohosh, a plant identified with Berberis. It's an extraordinary solution for have amid pregnancy, amid and after work, and baby blues. It can likewise be useful if comparative symptoms are available amid lactation. There is an apprehension and edginess on the mental and enthusiastic level. Caulophyllum is cold, extremely eager, and parched.
Amid work, menses or straightforwardly baby blues there are inconsistent, shooting or meandering torments. The torments can feel unendurable, with nausea and retching. Amid work, the torments are irregular, sharp and crampy. Caulophyllum feels inside shortcoming, weariness and debility after labor, amid pregnancy and menses. The torments amid work are powerless and frequently unpredictable, bringing about little movement. After-agonies are intolerable after a long and debilitating work. The lochia is abundant and delayed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Even if you try to stay happy always, at times it is hard to keep depression at bay. Being depressed can not only make you feel hopeless, less energetic and helpless, but can also adversely affect your mental and physical health. Depression may also disrupt your daily work. So, it is absolutely essential for you to overcome depression before it becomes severe and persistent.
The following ways may help you to deal with your depression in an effective manner:
As depression affects your mood, the common tendency will be to alienate or isolate yourself. But, you must realize that locking yourself up in a room and refusing to communicate with others, can never help you to overcome your depressed situation. You will feel like spending time alone, but avoid doing that and instead connect with others. Make new friends or meet up old pals. You can also spend time with your family members or try and stay connected with others through social media.
While you are depressed, you will not feel like working at all, even the things you love doing will appear to be monotonous. You will be feeling lethargic. But stay away from laziness and set new goals for yourself. Start by setting small goals for yourself that you can easily achieve. This will boost up your confidence and prevent you from feeling worthless.
The common tendency during depression is to skip meals and not getting enough sleep. Try to avoid this. Eat healthy food and try to get some sleep. Before going to bed, you may consider reading or listening to instrumental music to help you to fall asleep.
- Get yourself a new pet. You can engage yourself by playing with your pet or learning new ways to deal with them during your free time. This can also help you to distract yourself from the disturbing thoughts.
- You may also consider learning something new. You may learn a new instrument or a new language. This way you can keep yourself busy.
- Try to take new responsibilities or volunteer for some good cause. This will make you confident and also help you to feel good about yourself.
- Practice yoga or meditation. This will help you to calm down from within and stay more focused. Also, avoid negative thoughts even if they keep coming back to you.
- Avoid darkness for few days. Switch on the night lamp while going to bed at least for a few days. You may not feel good with the light always on and prefer darkness. But, avoid that as much as possible as this will help you to keep away your negative thoughts.
- Most importantly, never give up and try all possible means to make yourself happy again. It will be time consuming but avoid getting frustrated. Inspire yourself and try till you get over your depression completely.
If nothing works for you and in spite of trying everything you are still unable to get over your depression, feel free to seek help. You must visit a psychiatrist and ask for professional help.