Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShikhaYour feedback matters!
I am 37 weeks pregnant n hav breach position. Any possibility of normal delivery? Can we try for normal n if doesn't work immediately opt for c section. Can something work out for normal delivery. My dic doesn't opt for ecv? please suggest.
I got my periods on 1st march 2016. We had unprotected sex from 1st march to 13 march many a times. He used removal method. He didn't ejaculated inside me. My periods were due on 1st April BT I haven't got yet. It's 8 days delayed till now. I did home pregnancy check on 5th and 7th April. Both d times it were negative. M having raw papaya past 2 days. There is no signs of pregnancy like sore breasts, nausea, or other things. Kindly guide. Will blood test at present will give accurate result of pregnancy. Kindly guide.
I have been doing the routine urine test done and each time the result is RBC 2-3 HPF and weak reaction. After that I have done KUB / CT Scan and Ultra sound along with urine Cytology and PSA blood all our normal. Out of 6-7 urine routine 2 results showed 5-6 RBC. The CT Scan shows 2 mm renal calculus below left kidney. As all results our normal fail to understand why is there blood in URINE. And also is it worry some and is Cystoscopy necessary to complete the process.
Diabetes alters the metabolism and functioning of almost entire body system. The most important targets are the circulatory and nervous system, leading to peripheral vascular disease and neuropathy. Diabetic foot is the result of a combination of these two factors in the feet – altered/reduced blood flow to the feet combined with reduced sensation.
- Neuropathy: When the sugar levels are poorly controlled, then the nerves in the legs are damaged, leading to reduced or absence of sensation. The patient cannot feel pain/heat/cold. Sensory neuropathy causes loss of protective sennsation leaving the foot at risk to repetative unnoticed trauma.
- Peripheral vascular disease: The blood vessels which are away from the heart are affected, leading to poor blood flow from the legs to the heart. Proper blood flow is essential for overall health, and when this is affected, the peripheral foot health is affected.
Some of the common foot problems encountered in diabetics are listed below:
- Fungal infections: Whether a person wears shoes regularly or not, they become more prone to fungal infections. The nails become discoloured, brittle, and break off. They are difficult to treat and may require oral medications.
- Ulcers: Diabetic ulcers are very common. The combined effect of reduced sensation and reduced blood flow leads to ulcers, which are not painful (due to lack of sensation) and therefore are ignored and not treated promptly. They can progress and become severe, even sometimes leading to amputation. Fungal ulcer are most common in between toes and in creases of a diabetic patients
- Corns: Diabetics are more prone to develop corns which are thick masses of skin near the bony area of a toe. This could be in areas where the shoes rub against the toes or between the toes where there is a lot of friction. Home care includes smoothing it with a pumice stone. The person should not try to remove them on their own. Warts, bunions, ingrown toenails, hammertoes, etc., are also very common in diabetics.
- The first and most important step is to monitor and regulate the blood sugar levels within ranges ideal for you.
- Warm water to be used for washing feet, and then to be dried well, to not leave a moist area between toes
- Regular feet care to check for blisters, ulcers, wounds, etc.
- Check toenails for overall health
- Preferably wear closed toe shoes
- Wear stockings or socks and shoes that fit well
- Moisturise the skin well to avoid drying
- Avoid exposing feet to extreme weather
- Quit smoking
- Ensure blood flow is maintained by not standing or sitting for prolonged periods and with regular exercise
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Me and my wife are expecting and she is currently in her 37th week. The doctor is out of town for 3 days in her 38th week. She gave us two options, one to have a backup doctor recommended by her. Another is an induced labor in the beginning of 38th week. Baby's weight is approx 2.5kg +/- 0.3kg. Adequate liquor is available. And baby is not in breech position. Head is tilted. We are worried if induced labor fails, she will be forced to go through a c section. What are the chances induced labor will fail? should we wait till she gets labor pains?
Hi I am newly married girl. I want to know the safest way to avoid pregnancy. My friends say that using medicines can result in health problems in future and it can create problem during pregnancy even I also believe in same. My husband thinks that if he ejaculate outside this will be helpful for us but will it be safe? please give me some natural tips also to avoid pregnancy.
My sister is 2 and a half month pregnant and she is suffering from frequent vomiting and nausea plz revert a consultation.
Its my 5th day of periods. The blood flow is still there. Nd I get intimate with my hubby without any precaution. Although the discharge was not inside. Is there any chances of getting pregnant ? I don't want to get pregnant right now. What should I do if there are chances.
Where do I start. I have alway had lumps in my breast. Always very lumpy. Went for a mammogram and ultra sound yesterday. Well I don't know why this one upset me so much. Was very teary. That the mammogram first to be told that they had to do more imaging on the left. Then the U/S and was told they.
Lasers have come as a boon to treat many medical conditions very safely and effectively. They are absolutely indispensable for permanent hair removal, tattoo removal, freckle removal, skin rejuvenation, treatment of birthmarks and many other internal medical conditions. There is a common misconception that lasers are harmful for your skin and can cause skin cancers. This is far from the truth, since lasers are actually used to treat skin cancers and also help in keeping the skin youthful and rejuvenated.
- Lasers use non-ionising light (like red or green light) and not ionising radiation like x-rays or gamma rays. These spectrums of light do not induce cancer formation.
- Fair skinned races are at much greater risk than skin of color. Melanin in darker skin does not allow harmful UV light in sunlight to penetrate through and the risk of skin cancers in darker skin is therefore small with normal sun exposure. Also, common lasers do not use UV light.
- Laser treatments are administered not in prolonged durations but in pulses much less than a second and parameters in the range of milliseconds and microseconds are most commonly used. Prolonged sun exposure is the most common precipitating factor for skin cancers.
- Laser light does not reach any internal organ. In fact, it requires some expertise even to make laser light reach its target just 1-2 millimeters below the skin. This is because melanin pigment in skin blocks laser light from getting through. An expert dermatologist with sound knowledge of skin optics and laser physics is able to achieve this safely and effectively.
- Laser treatments work on the principle of ''selective photothermolysis'. This means that laser light very specifically destroys only the intended target. Thus, a hair removal laser will destroy only the hair roots while leaving surrounding skin structures unharmed. Similarly, blood vessels in birth marks, collagen in wrinkles or scars, abnormal growths and cancers and individual inks in tattoos can be targeted very specifically with lasers without affecting any other structure.