Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. ShikhaYour feedback matters!
Dear Dr. I had sex with my girlfriend. Her age is 20. And I had use condom. And her periods dates is between 22 to 28 but Dr. She still doesn't come. Give me some idea. Consult me any type of pill. I think condom have failed Thank you.
Dear sir, I married recently 6 months has been completed for now we do not want child with in 3 years what type of medicine do not side effects and well health condition medicine my wife already took 1 time medicine for abortion will done any medicine please briefly explain for my question, i do not use condom we had once sex after that she eat in papaya any positive results tell me.
Hi I am 22 years female and unmarried. I am suffering from pcos problem for the past 6 months. I was prescribed to use yasmin tablets and I am taking it from then. Can I use yasmin for long period? will there be any side effects? do I have any problems further? do I need to get married immediately? will there be any problems during pregnancy? I am so confused to take the right decision. Please help me. Thanks in advance.
4 year ago I married I don't have any good news in this hole time suggest me what's going on my wife say me his time period come to one month 15 days tow month.
I am pregnant and 7th month is running. But problem is baby is very weak and weight is approx 500 to 700gm. Than what should I do. Please tell me.
I am suffering with irregular period since last three months along with too much bleeding Give me advice.
I am 20 year old I unsecured sex do to 7 day after my g. F to check pregnancy test but 7 day after safe to check possible which day after to check pregnancy.
Hello sir/madam I and my girlfriend had sex in September (protected) but prior to sex I have rubbed it in her private parts. She got her periods in october. But in this month her periods were actually scheduled on 22 nov but till date she did not get her periods. Is anything serious? Please help me out.
Zinc is chemically a metal and a trace mineral with multiple health benefits. It is required by the body for a number of functions in small quantities on a regular basis. Some of its important roles include improving immunity, hormone production and promoting digestion, controlling inflammation, tissue growth and repair, etc. to name a few. It also helps in controlling free radical production and therefore has anti-inflammatory effects in reversing heart disease and fighting cancer.
About 5 to 8 mg of zinc is needed by a person per day, with smaller children needing it in the lesser range and women needing more of it. Natural sources of zinc include animal rich protein foods like animal meat and seafood. Dairy products, legumes, pulses and whole grains also contain good amounts of zinc. Modern day foods contain added zinc and therefore are good sources too, though they availability and utility value for the body remain a question.
- Zinc improves immunity i.e. the body produces what are called as T cells when there is any infection or foreign body in the body. These T cells also help in controlling and regulating immune responses and in people with zinc deficiency, the immune system is suppressed putting them at risk for infections and illnesses.
- Zinc has a great role to play in maintaining skin integrity and delayed wound healing is one of the first symptoms of zinc deficiency. These people also could develop chronic ulcers or wounds. There is increased bacterial growth (reduced immunity), increased inflammation, and reduced re-epithelialization, all leading to poor skin health and delaying wound healing.
- Zinc is essential for healthy gut function and it is one of the best remedies for diarrhoea. Deficiency can lead to leaky gut syndrome.
- Zinc reduces free radical damage, which is responsible for chronic inflammation. Eating adequate amounts of zinc can reduce this inflammation, leading to preventing heart disease, reducing the incidence of cancer, etc. It also is shown to prevent cellular damage in the retina, thereby reducing incidence of macular degeneration.
- Zinc is essential for proper growth and development. Zinc deficiency is shown to produce shorter stature, anaemia, and delayed sexual maturation. During the growing years especially, it is very important to provide an adequate amount of zinc for the body, either naturally or through supplements.
- Fertility and zinc also has a strong correlation. In males, it affects both the quantity and quality of sperm production. The sperm count was shown to improve with zinc supplementation in males who complained of low sperm count.
- Controlling memory is another function of zinc. It determines how neurones talk to each other, which is essential for transmission of signals across the brain and formation of memory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.