Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. ShikaYour feedback matters!
My wife 42, her last LMP 5 may, after that she conceive unluckily, due to nongrowth of fetus she had to undergo abortion on 1 july. She starts MALA D on 10 july as contraceptive, we used condom also. But from the last three days she itself quit Mala d so that mensuration cycle starts during this period of three days we do onetime unprotected sex. Any chance of pregnancy in these days. After abortion and quit contraceptive what will the expectation of mensuration cycle. My wife worries about it and demanding I PILL. What should I do so that her cycle starts immediately.
Hi, I got sex intercourse on 23rd feb, normally mine 32 days cycle last period starts at 4th Feb mine next expected periods 8th march. Any pregnancy symptoms before my periods? It's possible to know before periods? Any chances to get pregnant?
Hi I am 22 year female weight 45 height 5.2,suffering from pcos and taking medicine from one year but no luck to conceive, can any one sugest us. If possible please kindly sugest any good home medicine course.
From last a month I have seen many abnormal changes in my body. My weight is increasing and pain during periods and hairs are increasing on my cheek both side. What can I do.
Hello Doctor, Greetings I have a serious question running in my mind without peace. I have missed my period, its been 12 days. I think I don't have any symptoms of pregnancy. Day before yesterday night I felt like nausea. That's all:(And I checked the HCG test, it came negative. What would be the other chances if not pregnancy? I am married and I am planning for baby.
Preconception care refers to the care that a woman should take before getting pregnant. This refers to all the procedures and measures to be taken by a woman before pregnancy for maintaining good health before giving birth. Good preconception care also ensures proper health of the to-be-born child. Seeking information about pregnancy is also a part of preconception care by which a woman can prepare herself better physically and emotionally before childbirth. Visiting doctors and health practitioners is a part of preconception care. The body is prepared for giving birth during preconception care.
Nutritional supplements during preconception care:
Certain nutritional supplements are recommended for women during this stage. Folic acid is an important vitamin which enables healthy growth and development of the baby. Folic acid reduces birth defects like spina bifida.
Other healthy supplements which a woman may require during preconception care include iron, zinc and calcium. A healthy, balanced diet and drinking a lot of water are also important.
Visiting a doctor is necessary during the preconception care. You will require a detailed physical health checkup and required guidelines from a health expert. Recommended blood tests include full blood count, testing of ferritin levels and testing for rubella. Urine tests and blood pressure checkup are also vital. You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
Moreover, several measures and steps must be followed by a woman. They include the following:
- Having a proper diet with sufficient water intake along with nutritional supplements is very important.
- A woman during preconception care should quit smoking or reduce the amount of smoking profusely.
- Large amount of caffeine should be avoided. A woman should consume less caffeine containing products such as coffee, chocolates or soft drinks.
- Alcohol should be avoided strictly as it may reduce the chance of pregnancy.
- Medication without recommendation of the doctor should be avoided. A woman should not use any medicine without being prescribed by the doctor.
- Contact with any kind of chemical should be avoided and natural, environment-friendly cleaning products should be used.
- Overheating of the body should be avoided, and a woman during preconception care should keep away from spas and saunas.
- A regular exercise schedule must be taken up for health benefits regarding pregnancy. Lack of working out may give rise to various health problems in women before pregnancy.
- Any kind of stressful activity should be abstained from, and a woman during preconception care should not lift heavy objects, which cause strain.
- Relaxation techniques should be practiced by a woman to keep mentally healthy.
A woman during the preconception care period should follow all required guidelines given by a doctor. Avid care of the body should be taken to ensure a healthy childbirth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.