Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShikaYour feedback matters!
Sir, my lady is having some thick fluid like substance from her vagina in regular basis. Why this might be? is this because of sexual arousal, period or anything else?
I am pregnant with 32 week my blood group is O negative and my ICT report is negative. My thyroid report is T3 = 2.11 T4 = 13.80 Tsh 3rd gen. = 4.31 Iam taking 75mg thyroxine tablet from first trimester so please advice me correct dose of medicine according to my report.
How a married women can avoid pregnancy having sex without condom and intake of ipill. What is the best time and best way to do sex to avoid pregnancy.
It is not easy to deal with labor pains. According to scientists and doctors, labor pain is a very strong sensation that a woman experiences in her lifetime. Therefore, it is important to know some tips that will help you deal with the intense pain during labor. There are some practical tools, which will help you survive labor pains on both emotional and physical levels.
You just need to implement these tools during your labor.
- Focus on the current contraction: When you get a contraction, focus on it solely. Do not agonize on the contractions you had or do not feel scared thinking about the contractions that are yet to come. You just need to focus on the present contraction without thinking about anything else. Many women think about how long they have to push before they can meet the baby. The over thinking can worsen the pain. Therefore, you should be in the present moment.
- Breathe: A great tip of resisting labor pains is breathing. Various kinds of breathing techniques have been invented for labor. You can try some of those breathing techniques during your labor. If you don’t remember any particular breathing technique, you can also try everyday breathing during the contractions. Breathing lets your abdominal muscles relax and helps the baby descend faster.
- Try to relax: Whenever you encounter pain or stress, you tense all the muscles of your body, especially your abdominal muscles. It is important to relax during your labor pain. Although it is difficult, you should try to relax instead of getting tensed. It will make your labor smooth.
- Be in a comfortable place: You should be in a place where your labor must be comfortable for you. If you are not comfortable, you will be stressed and anxious, which in turn, will make it difficult for you. When you are in a comfortable place, you will be happier and your muscles will be more relaxed.
- Don’t worry: Instead of worrying about your entire labor experience, focus on the task at hand. When you don’t worry, you can process the contractions without being stressed. As a result, your body will also get less tired and your baby will come out faster. You need to channel your energy into pushing the baby rather than worrying and stressing.
If you follow these simple tips, you will be able to survive labor pains and give birth to a healthy baby. Nature has given women all the tools so that they can give birth to a baby naturally. You just need to trust your body and empower yourself by keeping these tips in your mind. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Hi doctor, On 28th Jan was my period due date but I miss period so I checked through pregnancy test at home and it came positive. I consulted one doc she asked for sonography because I was having severe pain so she was in doubt about ectopic pregnancy and report says intrauterine G sac 4 mm which is normal as per doctor. So please tell me how may weeks of pregnancy I have and is the sonography report normal. And what food (vegetables, fruits) should I take in pregnancy. And precautions please I am very excited as this is my first pregnancy.
Hi pcod with lean female is difficulty to getting conceive ? And can you tel me treatment modulation .
We tried to had intercourse on 31 jan but we stopped in middle and did not have complete intercourse. And her period is around 6-7 but till the date she had no pregnancy. Although we checked urine to check pregnancy on 12 it came negative. I would like to know is she pregnant or there could be other reason of her not having pregnant. If she is pregnant how could we confirm that she is pregnant? Please help me out.
My wife 28 years, married last year. We were trying to conceive. But after the periods she have again bleeding. Need advice regarding that. Consulted a doctor she said it is some hormone problem. Is the chance to get pregnant is less this time secondly I cannot move my foreskin backwards need any solution for that.
I do not want child right now, but also do not want to use condoms, please suggest me safe period for sex.
I am 16 years old have been detected with pcos by scanning should I start taking hormonal tablets for it? I have hairs all over body fine hair and few pimples on my face I have regular period but recently I have started spotting between period.
Hello doctor. I got pregnant 3 months back. I am 28 years old. At 1.5 months I went for regular check up. Everything came normal except my TSH level which came out to be 5.57. I hvnt gone for thyroid test before. Doctor gave me 50 mg thyronorm to be taken daily as she termed it hypothyroidism. After one month when tests are done again, TSH came out to be 1.67 but anti TPO antibodies are present and 278. Please explain what does this mean? Do I hv to take medication life long? Does it have any harmful effects on my kids, am expecting twins. Doctor asked me to continue medication even after delivery. What that mean?
Most often than not, cancer comes unannounced and rocks our world. While of late routine tests are being encouraged, it is advisable to keep a look out for symptoms which are commonly overlooked. Some of them are:
1. Peculiar back pain - it has been noticed that the first symptom for liver cancer in many cases is pain the back of the lower back side of the body. Back pain could also be a symptom for breast cancer, in cases where the tumour is pressing backwards, into the chest.
2. Unexplained nail marks - nails often reflect the condition of our health. If there is a sudden and unexplained change in the fingernails, like maybe a dot/a black mark or a brown mark under the nail, this could be a sign of lung cancer.
3. Sensitive skin patches - if there is a lump on the skin or a patch feels sore, is crusty or bleeds very easily then this could be a symptom of skin cancer. It is important to be aware of all changes in your skin, throughout the body.
4. Unexplained facial puffiness - if your face seems puffy, read or swelled, without any logical explanation, this could be a symptom.
5. Unusual menstruation - if you are having unusually heavy and painful periods, it is advisable to request for a transvaginal ultrasound as this could be a symptom of uterine cancer.
6. Changes in breast (s) - this is the most common change which women who have been diagnosed of breast cancer have reported. If the nipple is flattened, inverted or turned sideways, it could be a symptom for breast cancer. Also, if the breast feels read, sore or swollen, it could be a symptom.
7. Frequent stomach problems - frequent upset stomachs and cramps could be the symptom of colorectal cancer.
8. Unreasonable weight loss - if you are losing a lot of weight without even trying to, this could be an early sign of colon or any other digestive cancer. It could also mean that the cancer is spreading to the liver, if your appetite is getting affected.
9. Blood in stool - if there is blood in your stool, this could be a symptom of colorectal cancer and you need to go for a colonoscopy.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Hi I am 23 years old I am suffering from sexual feelings I have lost my virginity now I am getting married iam so scared tat my husband will got to know tat I am not virgin what should I do please suggest me.
I am having acute itching and white dispatches in my vagina. I am unable to control the itching and when I clean it after itching, it hurts a lot. Also I am having late periods from last 2-3 times. I had been to doctor for this treatment. But as soon as the treatment ends. Everything start again. I am having this problem since 5-6 months. I am using V-wash. But the problem still exist. Please suggest me some tips.
I am newly married I am trying for pregnancy frm 2month but not success I have done sex during ovulation time but period happened Period blooding happening bad smell first time I want pregnant.
Look for the following signs:
1. A breast lump or thickening of breast.
2. Dimpling of the breast skin.
3. Change in the colour or texture of the breast skin.
4. Change in the appearance of nipple (inverted nipple)
5. Fluid or discharge of blood from the nipple.
6. Redness or pitting of breasts.
7. Change in the size and shape of breast.