Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShettyYour feedback matters!
I have a hair problem my hairs is rough and dry and splitends also so that I cant open my hairs. And another problem is that my hairs length is not good I want long hairs so please help me and tell me how to sort my problem?
I have black spots as well as pimples ony back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
Hai my name is chinnikrishna. My age is 32. I am suffering from hair loss. I have tried so many medicines suggested by many doctors. But no relief. Please suggest me any remedies for hair loss.
How many times have you seen your comb or brush covered with hair and worried? hair fall can even occur when oiling or shampooing. According to beauty experts, it is normal to lose about 100 strands of hair in a day. Beyond this count, it may be considered as severe hair fall.
What causes hair fall?
The common reasons behind hair fall are mentioned below:
Lack of essential nutrients in the body
Excessive use of chemicals through hair coloring and hair styling treatments
Improper and unhealthy dietary habits
Dandruff, alopecia and other scalp disorders
Even stress and tension can lead to hair fall
Here are five tips which can help you stop hair fall!
1. A wide-toothed comb should ideally be used to gently detangle hair and then the regular fine-toothed comb may be used to style the hair as per one's need. This will reduce the risk of hair breakage and hair fall while combing.
2. It is best not to comb the hair while it is wet as this leads to greater chances of hair breakage and fall. Let it be dry or semi-dry before combing.
3. Do not rub your hair vigorously with towel. This will only lead to unwanted hair breakage. Use the towel instead to gently soak out excess moisture.
4. Clean your combs every week. If you look closely, you will see that combs become dirty over time; so they need to be cleaned with a brush, soap and water as using a dirty comb continuously can lead to hair fall as well. You can do this easily while taking a bath or shampooing each week. This is a necessary precaution to take for hair fall control.
5. Hot oil treatments is one of the best answers to address the problem of hair fall!
Frequent yeast infection. It doesn't itch or pain. Just a white discharge. Is there any home remedy to cure it?
The most common reason for the occurrence of painful rashes is a condition of the skin known as shingles. It is caused by the varicella-zoster virus, which is also responsible for causing chicken pox. Shingles, also known as herpes zoster, manifests itself as painful rashes that occur on the skin in the form of a band, a strip or a patch and can even develop into blisters.
What causes this condition to occur?
Once it enters the system, the varicella zoster virus remains dormant in the nerve roots until it is activated. The exact trigger varies from a weakened immune system to nervous inflammation.
The virus spreads from one person to another through aerial transmission or direct contact with the contaminated fluids that are formed inside the rashes and blisters. Any person who has suffered from chickenpox in the past is more prone to this condition. Although shingles is more common in older adults, it also affects children who have not had chickenpox before, as their immune systems are still in the developmental stage and are not effective in providing protection against the virus.
How to alleviate the problem?
There are simple ways of dealing with the problem of shingles for easing the symptoms and reducing pain.
Some of them are as follows:
- The rashes and blisters should not be scratched or picked at.
- Cornstarch or baking soda can be applied to the affected areas to reduce pain.
- Moist and wet compresses can also be used for relieving soreness.
- Anti-inflammatory creams and lotions can be applied for soothing the skin.
In case of severe infection or inflammation, consult a healthcare specialist right away for diagnosis and prescription of antibiotic medication for treating the condition.
How to prevent the virus from spreading?
Once affected, it is important to keep the virus from infecting another person. It requires avoiding contact with those who are at a higher risk of contracting the virus, such as:
- Children who have never had chickenpox
- Pregnant women
- A person who is currently ill
- People with chronic weak immune systems