Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShettyYour feedback matters!
My wife is having dark circles on eyes from starting (from the starting of periods). Pls suggest something for permanent relief. She had taken many medicines but not feel any change till date even after peeling also. Before her first period the circles was very light but turned darker after that and till now. She used to take good diet like fruits and vegetables.
What is the reason of decolonisation of hair. Please suggests me what to do to solve it. What to do to maintain health.
I am losing my hairs quickly from last two years. I tried many anti hair fall shampoos but nothing happened. Can you please help me for this?
Many people believe that dandruff is caused by poor hygiene, but this is not true. Although infrequent shampooing can make dandruff more obvious, researchers are still studying the causes, which appear to be complex.
The most effective way to treat and control dandruff is to use dandruff shampoo and scalp treatments. Follow these tips from dermatologists to get the best results:
Follow the instructions on the dandruff shampoo bottle: There are many different dandruff shampoos, and each contains different active ingredients for controlling symptoms. To get the best results, always follow the instructions on the bottle. For example, some dandruff shampoos require that you lather the shampoo into the hair and scalp and leave the shampoo in for about five minutes before rinsing. Others should not be left on the scalp.
If you are Caucasian or Asian, shampoo daily and use dandruff shampoo twice a week: If using one dandruff shampoo does not bring relief, try alternating between dandruff shampoos with different active ingredients.
If you are African-American, only shampoo once a week using a dandruff shampoo: See a board-certified dermatologist for the best product recommendation for your hair type.
Be careful when using a dandruff shampoo that contains coal tar: Tar shampoo can discolor blonde, grey or white hair, so if you have light-colored hair, you may want to choose a different dandruff shampoo. Tar shampoo also has the potential to make your scalp more sensitive to sunlight. If you use this type of dandruff shampoo, it’s important to protect your scalp from the sun by wearing a hat when outdoors and seeking shade whenever possible.
For most people, dandruff does not require medical attention. However, sometimes the flaking and itching that appears like dandruff is actually a medical condition, such as seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis, fungal infections of the scalp, or eczema.
If you continue to have symptoms after using a dandruff shampoo, consult a board-certified dermatologist. A dermatologist can properly diagnose your condition and recommend a treatment plan that best meets your needs.
On my face, red coloured pimples occur. Then after sometimes, those red pimples get converted into black colour. And they are becoming big day by day. Its been an year. I am tensed. Is there any treatment. Are they warts or what?
Freckles are those flat and tanned circular spots which are normally the size of the head of nail. There can be numerous spots and may develop on the areas that are repeatedly exposed to sunlight. People with a fair complexion on the upper portions of the body are more prone to develop freckles on areas like the nose, arms, cheeks and upper shoulders. Infants too can also be affected by this skin condition.
What causes freckles?
Normally, freckles are uniform in colour though they may vary among different people. Some people may have reddish yellow patches on the skin while others may develop a tan or bright yellow or black and typically darker than the color of the surrounding skin. Sun exposure is the primary cause behind freckles and thus, the condition worsens right after you are exposed to sunlight. These patches get lightened during winter months and are also caused due to a splurge in the amount of melanin pigment (learn more about pigmentation) and not due to any sort of increase in the number of pigment producing cells called melanocytes.
Probable ways of preventing freckles
There are several safe and preventive methods of lightening and reducing freckles and in most cases multiple treatments are combined to get the best results. It is important to remember that the condition of the freckles is not always alleviated with treatments and it may recur with repeated exposure to the sun. Therefore, it is best to prevent them from the very before they develop instead of seek for some cure when they arrive.
- Apply sunscreen: You are advised to apply sunscreen every time you go out in the sun. It is important to check whether your sunscreen offers blockage from both the UVA and UVB rays. You will have to reapply the sunscreen after every two hours under normal conditions and also after sweating and swimming (learn about the Sunscreen : Do's & Don'ts).
- Wear a hat while going out: Get a hold of a good quality hat that doesn’t have a weave or mesh through which light may enter. It will offer you shade and protection against the sun at all places. In case it is possible, you must avoid going out in the sun from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. as the sunrays are most intense during this time.
In case you are already affected with freckles, you must stay away from tanning beds and check your medications, as there are some medicines like birth control pills and certain antibiotics which may further aggravate the condition.
I have white hair most of my head since when I was 18 years old How would I get back my original hair?
In spite of existing multi-million dollar market of fairness products in the country, the question of how impactful these products are? keep dwindling in consumer's mind. Our skin color is determined by our race and genetic lineage which in turn decides the amount and structure of melanin. Fairness creams can only work to a certain extent. As per dermatology studies, achieving fairness up to 20% is possible, but not more than that. The fairness creams only block sun rays and prevent secretion of melanin. Thus, help in reducing tan and restoring natural skin.
Side effects of fairness creams
Extreme use of fairness creams can rather lead to severe skin damage. Fairness creams contain harmful bleaching agent such as hydroquinone, mercury, lead, nickel, chromium and high levels of steroids that cause following problems:
- thinning of the skin
- discoloration of the face
- capillaries become prominently visible
- severe acne
- hypersensitivity to the sun
- rebound paradoxical pigmentation
- unwanted facial hair growth
- skin allergy
- skin cancer thus these creams should always be used judiciously only under the supervision of a certified dermatologist.
Do's and don't
What to do
- apply moisturizer daily during the day and before going to bed
- wash your skin with clean water at least thrice a day
- use sunscreen lotion to prevent tanning and harsh UV rays damaging skin
- use fairness cream preferably aloe based. It works well for inflammation and tanned skin for Asian weather.
- usage external barriers like umbrella and shades while going out.
- drink 6-8 glasses of water every day
- have anti-oxidant rich fruits
- increase the intake of vitamin c. It increases cell turnover, helps protect against sun damage, and boosts the production of collagen and elastin, the two vital component of healthy and glowing skin.
- exfoliation is one of the most important steps in maintaining your youthful glow. We recommend weekly exfoliation to brighten the skin tone. Regular use of an exfoliation removes the oldest dead skin cells that cling to the skin's outermost surface or epidermis. It is an important part of both facials and body treatments.
What not to do
- do not support the common trend of fair skin and the stigma of being dark
- avoid excessive bleaching in alternate weeks. Comprising of ammonia and hydrochloric acid primarily these ingredients can cause both minor and severe burn.
Avoid products that encourage acne breakouts
The truth is we don't need white skin to show our beauty, if you have healthy, beautiful, dark complexion, learn to love yourself. Your healthy and shiny skin is everything to impress whosoever will notice you. Do not trust every advertisement blindly, stay happy.