Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sheri YadavYour feedback matters!
Does teeth cleaning have any side affects. Does it wear out the enamel. At the interval of how many years should we have our teeth cleaned.
Hi I'm a male which is the best toothpaste for me to keep me teeth strong and healthy and keep bad breath away please tel me plz.
Hi hello sir/ madam I'm from bangalore .when i'm splitting continuously blood coming from my mouth 1 or 2 times splits means blood not coming. I don't know what reason but I'm really scared please help why blood coming like that .please Thank u.
I have eye problem since 4 days. I have also ear problem and teeth problem also So guide me which tablet I have used.
I face always problem if my swollen tongue. I face problem to speak. My tongue is not like others. It creates problems to speak.
Mere tounge me kuch dino se chota chota red red chale jaisa hua hai please btaye ye kaise thik hoga?
I do have half broken front teeth. What treatment should I follow or what are the various option do I need to consider in order to get back my smile. Is there any other option other than replacing my broken teeth with the new one. If yes, then how much it will cost. Kindly suggest me. Thank you.
Dental problems can be very painful and take the smile off your face completely. Those who have experienced sensitivity would vouch for it. It just will not allow you to enjoy the hot coffee or a favourite sweet or a cold smoothie. The pain that shoots down the tooth after any of these would leave the person shuddering.
The tooth has 3 layers, from the outside in these are the enamel, the dentin and the pulp. The outermost enamel is mineralized and the hardest structure in the body. The next layer, dentin, has fine tubules and when the enamel is worn off exposing the dentin, sensitivity sets in. The enamel is thinner in some portions of the tooth like the neck and the roots, therefore sensitivity onset is quicker in these areas.
Some of the common reasons for sensitivity are listed below:
- Tooth decay: As caries progresses from enamel to dentin, sensitivity sets in, especially to hot and cold foods.
- Wear and tear: Excessive brushing of teeth can lead to wearing of teeth, especially near the neck areas, leading to loss of enamel and resulting in sensitivity.
- Dental damage: Chipped or broken tooth can lead to sensitivity.
- Gingival disease: This leads to loss of gum cover over the tooth, leading to exposure of dentin and therefore sensitivity.
- Bruxism: Clenching of teeth, common in people with high levels of stress, can lead to enamel wearing and subsequent sensitivity.
- Dental treatment: Some dental procedures like scaling, crowns, root planing, and some fillings can cause transient sensitivity.
- Highly acidic food items: Citrus fruits, tomatoes, tea, etc. can lead to tooth sensitivity.
- Bleaching agents: Most tooth whitening agents result in sensitive teeth.
- Excessive use of mouthwash: The mouth rinses contain high amount of alcohol which can also lead to tooth sensitivity.
Management: As with all health conditions, the first step in management is to identify the problem. Whether it is dental decay or recent dental treatment, food habits or tooth whitening agents, the cause needs to be identified and then treatment begun accordingly.
- For lost enamel, be it decay or damage, the tooth again needs to be restored to its original form to cover the dentinal tubules and reduce sensitivity.
- For habits, be it food related or bruxism, in addition to treating the tooth, the habit per se needs to be addressed to prevent recurrence.
- For associated dental products like whitening agents or mouth rinses, talk to a dentist to switch to a less harmful product.
- De-sensitizing pastes are also available that can be used on a regular basis to reduce the problem.
Tooth sensitivity is annoying but there are ways to manage it effectively.
I am 68 years of age. I am having 5 orginal tooth in the upper row and 6 tooth in the lower row and managing with false tooth. If I get transplantation of all the tooth can I eat the way I used to eat when I had all the original tooth,
I have excess pain in my gums and red inflammation. A tooth is broken but no cavities. I do not want to go for root canal or extracting.
Sir I had faced accident at the age of 13 years and I lost my teeth, and now I am 22 years old so I think to fit my new teeth is it harmful to me?
शहद में मुलहठी का चूर्ण मिलाकर इसका लेप मुंह के छालों पर करें और लार को मुंह से बाहर टपकने दें।
मुंह में छाले होने पर अडूसा के 2-3 पत्तों को चबाकर उनका रस चूसना चाहिए।
छाले होने पर कत्था और मुलहठी का चूर्ण और शहद मिलाकर मुंह के छालों परलगाने चाहिए।
अमलतास की फली मज्जा को धनिये के साथ पीसकर थोड़ा कत्था मिलाकर मुंह में रखिए। या केवल अमलतास के गूदे को मुंहमें रखने से मुंह के छाले दूर हो जाते हैं।
अमरूद के मुलायम पत्तों में कत्था मिलाकर पान की तरह चबाने से मुंह के छाले से राहत मिलती है और छाले ठीक हो जाते हैं