Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shelly Batra
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shelly BatraYour feedback matters!
When I brush my teeth, sometimes blood come out with the spittle. But it comes from a particular place every time. What should I do?
Hi sir, Mujhe janna hai ki meri mummy ko pyeria unke muh se bahut smell ati hai. Ye kaise theek hogi?
I am 21 years old and I am suffering from the problem of halitosis and I dont know whether it's occurrence is from liver or from internal parts or from mouth but mostly I know it is come from internal body organs. So, suggest me what to do.?
Sir, I have a teeth pain prob. There are many germs and also have swelling. Last 6 month. If any solution please suggest me. Please tell me how to refill teeth which is spoiled by germs. Thanking you.
I am 22 years old. I have a problem of bad mouth smell. I brush regularly but I can't find the solution of this problem, one of my friends was telling me that you may have some problem in your stomach because there is always a kind of white layer on my tongue. Please suggest me a solution to this problem. Thanks.
Teeth are remarkably strong, but they can chip, crack (fracture) or break. This can happen in several ways:
- Biting down on something hard
- Being hit in the face or mouth
- Having cavities that weaken the tooth
- Having large, old amalgam fillings that don't support the remaining enamel of the tooth
When a tooth chips or breaks, it may not hurt. However, your tongue usually feels the sharp area quite quickly. Minor tooth fractures usually don't cause pain, but if a large piece of the tooth breaks off, it can hurt. The nerve inside the tooth may be damaged. Extreme discomfort also can happen when nerve endings in the dentin are exposed to air, or to hot or cold foods or drinks.
Some of the types of cracked teeth, in increasing order of severity of the crack are listed below.
- Craze lines: These thin, shallow lines are limited to the outer layer of enamel and are very common in adults. They are not painful and only cause a mild esthetic concern.
- Fractured cusp: The tip of the front teeth or the cusp of the molars could be broken. In both cases, if only the enamel is chipped off, then there is no pain. However, if it extends into the dentin, it can cause sensitivity.
- Cracked tooth: The line of breakage is along the tooth, vertically extending towards the root, but the tooth is not split. This can be quite painful and requires immediate attention. Early intervention is helpful in preventing tooth loss.
- Split tooth: If the damage is even greater, then the crack continues through the length of the tooth and splits the tooth into two. This cannot be saved and in most cases will require extraction.
- Vertical root fracture: A blow to the lower line of the lower jaw can cause an injury like this. The crack begins in the root of the tooth and extends toward the crown. This leads to infection of the surrounding gums and teeth which is when they are usually detected.
The following are common methods to treat cracked teeth.
- Dental bonding: Dental bonding is a procedure, wherein, a tooth-colored composite material is applied to a tooth, sculpted into shape, hardened, and polished. It is called bonding because the material bonds to the tooth. An adhesive material resembling the tooth is permanently applied to mask and reinforce the crack lines making the tooth both esthetic and strong at the same. In newer treatments, there's a newer material that repairs cracks and can even salvage teeth that are even vertically fractured but prognosis depends from case to case. Dental bonding is ideal fixing a broken or chipped tooth or closing small gaps between teeth.
- Veneer: A thin layer of enamel is removed and either porcelain or composite is used to replace this enamel and the lost tooth structure. This can be used in cases of fractured cusps and broken edges of incisors also. Veneers make teeth look natural and healthy. Because they are very thin and are held in place by a special, strong adhesive, very little preparation of the tooth is needed. Some types of veneers don't need any preparation at all.
- Crowns: In some cases, especially molars, if the amount of tooth lost is significant, then a full crown may be needed to restore the tooth structure. For a crown to be placed without root canal, there should be no pain in the tooth.
- Root canal: If the crack is vertical or involves the root portion of the tooth, then it is very likely that the tooth will require root canal treatment. The root needs to be cleared of infection, and if there is significant tooth material lost, then a crown also would be required.
- Extraction: If a tooth has been broken, your dentist will try to fix it with a bonding, veneer, crown or other treatment. Sometimes, though, there's too much damage or has been vertically fractured and cannot be salvaged. In this case, it requires a removal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.
we have to know why they get yellow in the first place.
There are several factors
2.food and drink
A tooth is made up of 4 tissues-enamel, dentin, pulp and cementum.
The enamel and dentin is what play the biggest role in color.
two biggest culprits are the nasty food and drink that actually break down the enamel, and weakening enamel as we age.
As the enamel breaks down, it reveals the yellow dentin underneath. These remedies will focus on whitening teeth that have already lost some white enamel, but it’s also good to keep in mind that doing things to strengthen enamel is just as important so you can keep it from breaking down further.