Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shelly BatraYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from teeth problem. My teeth become yellowish and then turn it to blackish. Please, suggest me some medicine. Thank you.
I have Dental problem i.e bad breath and tooth decaying I lost my main 2 molar tooth and I want to put cap.
My children is suffering from adenoid his age 7 years which I can do consult surge n or physician of pediatric.
I am a 23 year old boy. I am good at everything but my teeths are not that white that it should be. They are not fully yellow, but a little yellowish.
Dear Doctor, It is 2 and half months now. Had a feeling of mouth, upper tongue and tongue drying. Met a doctor who administered some alopathic medicines. After taking medicines for about 3-4 days hives started coming out throughout body. Went on changing physician to dermatologist but no respite. Whatever medicine being prescribed hives with itching is persisting. Please advice some treatment which may not aggravate my problem rather give some soothing effect. Warm regards, SS Kaintura.
My gums are bleeding very nuch everyday without doing any thing because of that my mouth getting bad smell give me any description.
I'm 27 years old having two nodes both sides under the jaw. Sometimes they swell and having pain in eating. Please suggest diagnosis.
Is extracting wisdom teeth very painful. My sister says that dentist pull the impacted teeth with forks and hammers. I am really tensed to see an appointment with the dentist.
If you want a healthy set of teeth, you must follow healthy lifestyle habits. There are certain habits that you need to follow strictly in order to keep your teeth healthy. Not maintaining proper oral hygiene puts you are at an increased risk of various oral diseases.
The lifestyle habits to maintain healthy teeth are:
- Brush regularly: Brush your teeth at least twice a day or if possible, after every major meal. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles so that you don't injure your gums.
- Flossing: Develop the habit of flossing your teeth on a daily basis, as flossing helps in removing food particles and other foreign substances stuck within the teeth cavity. It also does not allow plaque to accumulate in between your teeth.
- Avoid sugar: Eating foods that contain high amounts of sugar can lead to tooth decay. The bad bacteria that are present in the teeth use the sugar to form acids that erode the enamel of the teeth. Cavities may also develop in your teeth due to increased sugar intake. (Learn more Why You Should Stay Away From Sugar?)
- Visit the dentist: Most people delay their visits with the dentist as much as possible. Oral problems are not shown the level of urgency as compared to other diseases. Visit the dentist on a regular basis as untreated underlying conditions may lead to serious complications.
- Clean your tongue: Once you finish brushing your teeth, don't forget to clean your tongue. This is another aspect of oral health that most people miss out on. Bacteria can accumulate on the tongue leading to bad odor. Scrape your tongue using a cleaner to prevent accumulation of bacteria.
- Avoid smoking: If you are a smoker, then it is time that you quit. Smoking increases the risk of oral cancer and stains the teeth as well. You may also be prone to gum disease if you cannot ditch that cigarette now.
- Diet: Avoid eating junk foods as they are not good for your overall health. Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits as they contain vitamins and minerals that keep your teeth healthy.
- Reduce stress: Excessive stress levels can contribute to various periodontal diseases. Practice relaxation techniques such as meditation to keep your stress levels under control.