Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shelly BatraYour feedback matters!
Mera teeth main 3 problem huaa hai. 1. Toothbrush se roz teeth saaf karta hun. Phir bhi yellow colour dikh raha hai. 2 teeth mein smell aa raha roz. 3. Ek important baat hai. Teeth aur teeth ke andar distance bahut ho gaya hai. Please koi solution bolo .yeh teen problem se mukti mile.
I keep having ulcer regularly in my mouth gum and tongue. How to prevent it and how to lessen pain because of it. Please help.
My son rubs his teeth at night when he's sleeping. What is the reason for doing ths Any mediation for the same TIA.
I am chewing pan masala from last 5 years. From last 2-3 days there is heavy pain in my teeth .this is first time happen with me. Any suggestion why suddenly pain in my teeth. Any medicine please suggest.
I got some red color spots on my tongue. Very painful and burning. I am unable to talk and eat. I think the reason for that is bubble gum. That is not suited for me. Please give me good medicines.
Fluoride products for the teeth have immense importance in dentistry. Fluoride is one such chemical, the balance of which is highly required for strong and healthy teeth. However, there is an optimum amount of fluoride needed for teeth. Anything lesser than that or greater than that can cause harm and serious teeth and gum problems and tooth decay. The best option, therefore, is to get a fluoride based toothpaste or mouthwash, which will keep on providing the teeth with the optimum quantity of its daily dose of fluoride.
The benefits of fluoride products:
Before delving into the types of fluoride products available, let's have a look at the benefits of fluoride on teeth. Fluorides actually save the teeth from dental caries. It happens such that fluoride makes a certain mineral bonding on the teeth which is called fluorapatite. This is not normally found in human teeth, but when teeth damage is done, then to heal it fast this compound is needed to repair the damages. This adds to the mineral bonding in the teeth and strengthens the teeth.
The fluoride products:
The various fluoride based products, which you may use are as follows:
- Fluoridated water: Fluoridating water is a simple process where the optimum amount of fluoride is mixed with drinking water so that drinking the water automatically keeps on adding fluoride to the body and keeps in contact with teeth. This therapy alone is enough and needs no more therapies generally. But not all water reserves contain this, and it's not possible to add fluorides to all water reserves. That is why the other fluoride treatments are needed.
- Fluoride toothpaste: This is one of the most common forms for fluoride treatments. Every common daily use toothpaste contains a 0.22 to 0.312 percent of fluoride, and this is highly beneficial to the teeth for healing of decay and fast repairs. It lets the teeth get stronger.
- Mouth Rinses: Fluoride mouth rinses are an option. The sodium fluorides commonly used in the rinses are used in small amounts in the product which is used just like toothpaste and washed off.
- Fluoride foams and gels: The foam and gel are used when the teeth of the child or adult are under high risk of cavities. The foam or gel is rubbed on the teeth, and kept for a while and then washed off. The typical application time is 30 minutes.
- Varnishes: The fluoride varnishes are just like gels, and they are also used on the tooth surface similarly. It's the choice of the dentist or patient as to which one they want to go with. Besides, these slow fluoride releasing devices, medical supplements and lozenges are also there, which slowly release the optimum amount of fluorides to keep the teeth strong and healing.
I am 30 years old and my tongue coloured change in to blackish whats the problem doc what should I do.
While preparing for rct: getting to know from a dentist if consuming an antibiotic medicine is advisable, as it can help in reducing the infection and swelling.
I have a question from dentist , my linearity of teeths is not periodiacal . What is an estimate cost will be there if I go with the cosmetics , secondly what if I switch to bracels ? is it effective too since its a long procedure I think so and it take times to make unifmrity of teeths .
I am feeling from few weeks that my mouth gets dry sometimes in a particular day then also cough starts to come in my mouth. And it leads to bad breadth as well. Need to know why this is happening. It happens generally Like twice or thrice in a day. Thanks.
What are the disadvantages/side effects of removing wisdom tooth? My wisdom tooth has decayed and destroying the 2nd molar now. My doctor suggests to remove it surgically. I am little unsure if i should go ahead. Please help.
Sir I have performed my root canal last six months so now it started swelling so kindly help me and let me know the reason abt it because i am afraid that I can lead to some other disease and I'm planning to extract on money so let me know that I should take medicine or not.
Umar 24 yr. Mai lagbhag 3 mahine se pareshan hun Mujhe pahle aage ka jo tant ka hissa Hai nichli satah me Chala pargya phir aage ka jo tant ka upri satah Hai masude ke just uper ek chota sa line ke trah Chala parga. Kuchhi dino me mujhe tonnsil padgya Mai hartrah ka test karwaya kahin koitrah ka dikkat nhi hi Mai ilaz karane me laparwahi karta hu lekin antibiotics leta rahta hun magar mujhe kuch dino se jaida pareshan hun Kuchdino se mahgi dawain chal rahi Hai magar kuch fàida nahi horaha Ek baat aur sir/mam Mai sirf tambaku ka pàryogkarta hun wah bhi bahut kam Mujhe kuch rasta batain please.
During the day when i ate any preservative food or i ate once WALLNUT in the middle of night MY TONGUE GETS SWOLLEN TO THE EXTENT THAT IT FILLS THE MOUTH I RUSHED TO HOSPITAL AND GET INJETED AVIL + EFFCORLIN(steroid) or DECDEN injection IV. THIS HAS HAPPENED coulple of times. ONCE the same allergic reaction happened in the THROAT and got agin INJECTED AVIL with STEROID.With GARGLES frequently of BETNISOLTab PL SUGGEST any blood test to find out what exactly is cause what exactly is the cause At times when i had 2 drinks of whisky the ALLERGIC reactions happens on HAND gets SWOLLEN with Rash EVEN IT IS DIFFICULT TO CLOSE THE fist. Pl help I AM FED UP OF THIS AND UNABLE TO EAT FOOD,I AM SCARED OF ALERGIC REACTION
Often we are caught by a piercing pain that shoots through the roots of our teeth right up to our cranial region, at fairly unsuspecting moments. The pain can either cause momentary discomfort or end up being excruciating and difficult to bear. Rushing to the dentist is usually the only recourse left for us to take at such times. Most of such complaints meet the same verdict, that of, ‘sensitive tooth’. The problem of sensitive tooth has emerged as one of the most recurring and prevailing dental ailments.
Usually exposing the affected tooth to extreme tastes like sweet and sour or hot and cold food items can trigger off sensitivity in your teeth. Tooth sensitivity usually occurs when the nerve endings are exposed to food and other foreign particles due to a condition of gum pull back. This primarily takes place due to insufficient oral care which results in the decomposition of tooth enamel. This also makes one vulnerable to tooth decay and cavity formation. Inflammation of gums and persistent intake of acid inducing food products are among the other prominent factors leading to tooth sensitivity. The incidence of tooth sensitivity also increases with age. However, it is a fairly defeasible disease and one of the foremost steps to rectify the condition is meticulous and regular dental care.
Some of the steps to follow while dealing with sensitive tooth can be as follows.
1. Regular oral care: Maintaining the oral hygiene is paramount to avoid the recurrence of tooth sensitivity. Use of a proper brush in the right technique at least twice a day is mandatory. For the best results and to avoid gum bleeding, dentists recommend the use of a soft bristled toothbrush. Over and above brushing, one must use fluoride and antiseptic mouthwash for rinsing purposes. Use of floss is also a good practice.
2. Using a proper toothpaste: The choice of toothpaste needs to be judicious. The best kind is a fluoridated toothpaste with a lesser proportion of tartar present in it. Regular use may substantially reduce the harm caused by tooth decay and work as a viable solution to sensitive tooth.
3. Regular visits to the dentist: Prevention is better than cure. As such, it helps to make periodic visits to the dentist to check the condition of your teeth rather than making an SOS rush to her or his clinic when disaster strikes. Oral hygiene can be best maintained when abiding by the instructions given by the dentists.