Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shelley Singh
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shelley SinghYour feedback matters!
Respected Doctor, Explain the cause of continuous bleeding after using contra pills (mifepristone, misoprostol), now it's at least 1.5 months now when I used these pills but still bleeding once or twice in a day. Pregnancy test is also negative (-ve), tested few days ago. please suggest causes & measures for the same. Thanks & Regards!
Many women experience pain in their genitals intermittently or a few times during their lives which may be caused by varying factors. However, when pain in the vulva and the surrounding area occurs in regular cycles or constantly without any underlying reasons, it is known as Vulvodynia. This is characterized by pain in the vulva, the surrounding areas, the entrance to the vagina and the urethra. Let's look at some of the treatment options for Vulvodynia:
1. Topical or local anesthetics: As Vulvodynia is a condition due to the abnormal sensitivity of the area surrounding the vulva, using anesthetics will help to ease the pain. Treatments like ointment and sprays will numb the area and ease the symptoms. This can even be applied before sexual intercourse if it is a trigger for pain.
2. Injections that act as nerve blocks: Some women may experience sensitivity as they may have neural problems and due to this sensitivity in the nerves in the genital area, may suffer from Vulvodynia. This is usually treated with nerve blocks or medications that reduce the sensitivity of the nerves. This should be only after consultation with the doctor.
3. Biofeedback therapy: There are certain forms of physical therapy which can be employed to reduce pain from Vulvodynia. Biofeedback therapy primarily deals with this problem by teaching patients to relax muscles.
4. Physical therapy of the pelvic floor muscles: This is also a common therapy where the patients are taught to relax and control the pelvic muscles. These are the muscles which support the bowel, the bladder and the uterus and specific exercises will help relax them, reducing the symptoms as well as decreasing the incidences of intermittent Vulvodynia.
5. Medications: This is the most common treatment for Vulvodynia. Various medications can be prescribed to patients depending on the type of pain they experience, such as Antihistamines for itching, tricyclic antidepressants for chronic pain among others. Steroids and anticonvulsants are also used to reduce pain.
6. Surgery of the affected area: If your pain is chronic and can't be treated by any other method, then doctors might suggest surgery to remove the bits of tissue from the affected area to reduce sensitivity and pain. However this is done only in the rarest of cases. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
We are living with a TICKING TIME-BOMB: Several bacteria are becoming resistant to major antibiotics, which means that soon a simple wound may kill us. All living beings have an inherent quality to adapt. Bacteria and Viruses are not excluded from this. They have developed resistance against many antibiotics and form a major challenge for medical science.
In 2008, the International Journal of Cancer published a paper showing an increased risk of cancer proportional to antibiotic use in people. They found that in people who have taken 2-5 prescriptions of antibiotics, their risk of cancer was increased by 27%, and greater than 6 prescriptions led to an increased risk of 37%. An earlier study (2004) showed that antibiotic use was associated with an increased risk of breast cancer. For those taking antibiotics for more than 500 cumulative days, the risk of breast cancer doubled.
Over 100 leading integrative medicine specialists in the U.S. urgently called for a new strategy to confront the very dangerous challenges of the post-antibiotic era... including adding homeopathy as an adjunct therapy.
The Father of Immunology and winner of the Nobel Prize in medicine: Dr. Emil Adolf von Behring - discovered in the 1890s, during extensive experimentation, that homeopathic remedies produced enhanced immunogenic activity. Homeopathy is extremely safe, holistic and very effective.
Researchers in Europe recently looked at whether homeopathic treatment could improve survival rates in patients with severe sepsis (a deadly infectious condition).
Their conclusions: Patient survival was statistically significantly higher in the homeopathy group than in the placebo group.
As current research and epidemiological evidence show: Though homeopathy is not a money maker for the pharmaceutical industry, it is a safe and effective treatment option for infectious diseases, with no potential to create drug-resistant germs. In a nutshell, Homeopathy is needed to save humanity. Homeopathy is gentle and cost effective. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Hi, I'm planning for first baby. I want to know when my eggs will rapture. Aug 17 I got periods from 1 to 4th day periods was very light, I didn't keep pads too. From fifth day I got heavy periods all clots blood. Then I went to doctor she gave pills to stop for two days. but still i'm getting my periods. Today is 13 day i'm suppose to take follicle study .if my periods stops on 16th day. When will get matured eggs and rapture,
I am married after 3 years. I have no child. What is the problems. I have seen many doctor but it is not happing. Please help me doctor.
I haven't got my periods from last 3 months. And I wasn't involved in any sexual activity. My stomach hurts but still no periods. I was wondering to take ipill to get my period. Is it safe or should I try something else. Please help.
How much safe a sex during pregnancy (20 week) running. Age 26 Years . What are the precautions should we have to take, if we can? Also observed that, a liquid discharge from breast. Is it normal or should we have to take action on it?Please tell.
Hello there I had sex on 9th july 2016 And my wife's period date is 13th date of every month Now she's missed her period ,she's pregnant? Its is possible ?
Although it’s still not clear as to how sitting can lead to poor health, one of the causes that researchers cite is a fall in metabolic activity, which has an adverse effect on your body’s fat and sugar levels, making you vulnerable to various health disorders.
Ideally, sitting or any sedentary activity associated with sitting shouldn't make up more than 4-5 hours of your day. Several studies have revealed how sitting for long hours can be bad for your health:
- It increases your chances of dying from Cardiovascular disease by 18%
- You face an increased risk (about 17%) of dying from Cancer if you sit for a very long
- Prolonged sitting can cause your risk of suffering from Type 2 Diabetes increase by 91%
To negate the effects that sitting might have on your health, you need to move around or stand up from time to time. You might begin by standing as often as you get the chance to, or try to walk if your work allows you to. Other strategies that you could adopt are:
- Instead of sitting, have your lunch or talk on the phone standing
- Increase your physical activity by taking the stairs
- Take 1-3 minutes break every 30 minutes to stand or walk around
- Exercise or stand when watching TV
- Lastly, try to lessen your daily sitting period by 15 - 20 minutes every day
When you're standing or moving, you end up improving your metabolism, which is responsible for fat and sugar burning. As a result, there’s an increase in your energy levels, which in turn increases your stamina and also helps in shedding off the extra kilos. When you sit, these processes stop performing, thereby increasing your chances of suffering from various diseases.