Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shelley SinghYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I'm 24 years old under fertility treatment. My last period was 11th October. And my gynecologist prescribed me hcg injection on 25th October. She told if you are not pregnant your period will come on due date.(11th November) Otherwise you may be pregnant. Today date Nov 14 when will consult my doctor? And shall I take home pregnancy test now?
DigestiveHealth_newRecent research suggests that people who sleep poorly are at a greater risk of severe poor health.
Poor sleep can trigger inflammation in your body including your digestive system. A study published in the Nutrition in Clinic Practice reported that inflammation is linked to major degenerative diseases.
A study published in the World Journal of Gastroenterology reported that poor sleep was associated with inflammation of the digestive tract in individuals with Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD). Poor sleeping habits was found to play a role in the seriousness of the disease.
Another study publised in the Digestive Disease and Sciences Journal found that Irritable Bowel Sydrome (IBS) symptoms was linked to a disturbance in sleep.
How much Sleep Do You Really Need?
The amount of sleep you need varies from person to person. A study published in the Sleep Health Journal recommends the following sleep duration:
Newborns should sleep between 14 and 17 hours.
infants should sleep between 12 and 15 hours.
toddlers should sleep between 11 and 14 hours.
Preschoolers should sleep between 10 and 13 hours,
School-aged children should sleep between 9 and 11. hours.
Teenagers should sleep between 8 to 10 hours.
Young adult and adults should sleep between 7 to 9 hours.
Older adults (65 years and above) should sleep between 7 to 8 hours.
Tips to Improve Your Sleep
It is important to consider sleep as a priority. Here are 5 tips to improve your sleep:
Practice going to bed and waking up at the same time every day, this will go a long way in restoring your natural sleep rhythm.
Make sure you have your last meal 3 hours before you go to bed
Ensure there is complete darkness in your room.
Avoid caffeine and alcohol before bedtime
Get rid of all anxiety and worry don’t take it to bed with you.
Does doing itching in vagina makes it loose as lips of vagina get swelled when I do itching but itching occurs vary rarely as I am not virgin when I do itching vagina shakes it goes ups and down does it makes it loose please tell me clearly.
Last week I had sex with a married women with any protection for about 3 minutes. Do I need to fear from any disease? Please reply to it it's very important. Is there any chances of happening STD disease? Please reply to this question as soon as possible.
I am having pcod and thyroid. 97 and prediabetes. please suggest me which food should be avoided and which food is better for me?
Me and my girlfriend have sex on 19th and I gave her ipill on 21st and her date for menstrual cycle is 24th but still she is not have her periods so can you please consult me for this as we dnt want our baby so early.
I have marriage. When I will sex with my wife. Then day after tomorrow I having heat like wound on toung, pimples on face, skin colour going like black. So I am unable to sex.
My grandma is feeling tired always and now a day she getting coughing and cafa more so what should we do?
This is regarding my wife. On the basis of a recent ultrasound is diagnosed that she has cyst. Impression of ultrasound is below: Right Overy is bulky with polycystic appearance of volume 10.3 ml. Left Overy is normal but 11.3 mm dominant follicle is present. Please suggest.
Many men claim to get by on 4 to 5 hours of sleep a day, but robbing the body of its required sleep has a number of side effects. The human body requires a minimum of 8 hours of sleep a day. There are two main reasons men don't get enough sleep: intentionally staying awake late at night and sleep disorders, such as insomnia, sleep apnea etc.
Here's how depriving your body of sleep can harm your sexual health:
- Less testosterone: The male body produces testosterone while he sleeps. When the body does not get adequate sleep and rest, it produces less testosterone. As the insomnia continues, this situation worsens. This leads to a low sex drive and poor libido.
- Low self esteem: Testosterone also influences the way the body stores fat and hence less testosterone can also lead to gynecomastia. This is condition where male bodies develop breasts as a result of an increase in body fat. Lowered testosterone levels in a male body also lead to reduced muscle strength and hence an overall lower sense of well-being.
- Erectile dysfunction: Inadequate sleep can result in obstructive sleep apnea. This is linked to the lowered levels of testosterone in the body as patients with sleep apnea do not reach the stage of REM sleep when testosterone is produced. Thus, sleep apnea can lead to erectile dysfunction where a man is unable to get or maintain an erection while having sex.
- Low sperm count: Testosterone plays an important role in sperm production. The relation between the two is simple: the higher the testosterone levels; the more the body produces sperm. Thus, if you do not get adequate sleep, your sperm count can be affected leading to infertility.
- Sexual misunderstanding: Sleep deprivation can affect your decision making and understanding of the other person's intentions. Thus, if you haven't slept properly, you are more likely to make uncalled for sexual advances and misunderstand your partner's sexual expectations.
- Accelerates aging: The body sheds dead cells and grows new cells while it sleeps. Thus, if the body is deprived of adequate sleep, the gaining process is accelerated. Not only does this bring on an early onset of wrinkles but it also lowers your sexual drive. Lowered testosterone may also lead to early balding.
- Fatigue: If the body doesn't get its required rest, you start the day feeling tired instead of refreshed. As the day goes on, this tiredness increases and is accompanied by irritability and aggression. When you're in such a bad moon and constantly tired the chances of wanting to be physically intimate with another person decrease.
Hello Doctor, Why one breast is leaking milk while I feed in the other side. Is it the symptom of overflow or it has some other reasons. I'm a mother of 4 month old kid.
Dear doctor, during period. Lot of blood flow from vagina. What I do now. My sister age is 12 years old.
When is the right time to have sex we are newly married couple and we don't want baby this soon so when is the right time my wife's last period date was 13 of march till 18 of march. Her cycle is of 28 days so kindly tell me when is the right time to have sex so we don't have baby!
I got my Pregnancy test as positive, can you suggest me how to abort at this situation. I got met with my partner 2 months back. But I got my periods in last month. Now it is late I did not get my periods.
Hello sir My girlfriend 20 year old She doing fingering 7-8 time in a day And she reached organism 8-9 times in a day Is it normal? Or Side effects I worried about that works Please tell me sir What side effects of excess fingering?
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!