Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shelley KatyalYour feedback matters!
Hey. I want to ask you that is it rumour that ipill sometimes don't work even taken before 72 hours from sex? Or it is real fact? And one more thing, is this possible that girl may get pregnant even when she is not in the time of periods? Waiting for your response.
After making love without protection my I usually take pills which can be 2-3 per month. After having pill I get periods within a week. This is happening from d past 3 months. Also after having pills there is pain and itching in the anus. Can you help me out and tell me what should I do to avoid these things in future and also whether I am prone to any disease or not.
Dear Doctors Team, We are planning to have kids and we had intercourse and now I have missed my date and it is 3 days now. So kindly suggest when or after how many days I need to take pregnancy test. Further, is it fine if we can carry on with our intercourse now or do we need to wait. Please help and provide your inputs and any suggestions which will be helpful. Thank you in advance.
I am 25 year old girl. I have irregular periods problem for last one year. Can you give solution for this.
I am 28 year male and my wife also 28 married from six months and we are planning for a baby from these six months and after months my wife s periods got missed and we opt for test which was negative after that my wife consulted a gynaecologist nd she advised her mytol f for three months. During these 3 months my wife s periods got regulated. Now after these 3 months my wife again consulted the doctor where she advised her to stop usage of mytol f and prescribed chrominac a. Now she is taking chrominac a from the last 20 days again she got missed period and we apparently opted for and which unfortunately shows negative result. My question is what should I do now should I wait little more for one more test r should I consult a doctor again. Nd also my wife's thyroid was also nt in rite frame and she was taking medicine for that for 3 months. I also got her thyroid tests which shows tsh 5.59.
I'm 32 yrz of age n I have a year old son. My periods were regular till June 2016. Then I missed my period in July. From August I'm having periods for 12-15 days. What should I do. I only take one thyroid medicine 50 msg. Please advise.
If an couple had sex on 22 day of period of her cycle n she took ipill with in, 3 hours. Is there chance of pregnancy?
I am forcing my wife to have anal sex but she is scared she said it will be paining doctors do have solution for this ? Should go for it or any thing that reduce pain.
Hi Doctor I had sex with a girl and accidentally she got pregnant and she trapped me now she is not willing to abort how to abort please give me advice.
i got married 10 months over still not yet pergement i use to take over-care tables may i no the reason i have done the scanning of my stomach it,s normal my husband s pom test is also normal but he had infection in thst
Runner's knee is a painful condition that is usually encountered by athletes who indulge in varied exercises like running, jumping, walking, biking and more, on a regular or professional basis. The kneecap is a region that gets affected with aches and pain when a person is suffering from Runner's knee. This condition can occur due to a fall or constant bending of the knee, which can lead to misalignment of the knee joints and knee cap. Also, weak muscles and lack of balance during physical activities can add to the risk of contracting this condition.
Here's how you can deal with it.
- Give it Rest: Literally! Suffering from Runner's knee could also mean that your body is trying to ask you to slow down. Wear and tear from excessive levels of physical activity can lead to Runner's knee, and in such cases, the best way to come back to peak physical form is to take some rest so that the knee is free of activity and consequent pain until it is ready to take on exercise again.
- The Only Way is 'Up': When you are suffering from pain in the region behind and around the knee cap due to Runner's knee, the best way to alleviate the pain is to place your knee in an elevated position. Get yourself some comfortable cushions and pile a few of them up before placing your knee on top. This position will give support even as blood circulation increases and inflammation, if any, decreases.
- Anti-inflammation Medication: See your doctor for chronic Runner's knee and find out if you are suffering from inflammation which may require the help of medication. This medication can bring down and gradually eliminate the inflammation or swelling, to give you relief from the pain. Remember to check for side effects before you take these medicines, though.
- Strengthening Exercises: A sure shot way of dealing with chronic pain is to do some muscle strengthening exercises as prescribed by your orthopaedic specialist or a physiotherapist. Doing these exercises will give your muscles the strength to support your knees in a better way while you indulge in athletic activities. Remember to substantiate these exercises with a calcium and protein rich diet as well.
- Cold Compress: In case you have had a fall or suffered an injury which has led to Runner's knee, you can make use of a cold compress or an ice pack to relieve the pain for some time. Ice is a well-known treatment for acute and sudden pain.
Runner's knee is a condition that needs care, rest, and medication if it is persistent. If these methods do not help, you should see a doctor for scans and tests.
Related Tip: Physiotherapeutic Approaches for Sports Injuries?
Gudmrng doc. This is Sameera as I'm 20 years old, I'm not getting my periods regularly, I have done my thyroid test also but its negative can you tell me what the problem is. Thank you.
Hello doc. my lmc was 13 jan, 2015. on 24th jan i took an ipill due to contraception failure. as usual my periods were really heavy soaking upto 6 super tampons. but this time my period arrived 10 days earlier on 2nd feb. I am experiencing very light flow of brown color for the last 4 days. is it my regular period or something is wrong. i dont think its just a spot. coz its continuous flow although at the end of the day its very little.
Amazing Power of Guava Leaves ! Excellent Obesity & Diabetes Tip !
Guava leaves helps in weight loss as it prevents the body’s complex starches from getting converted into sugars. The Carbs in our body are broken down in the liver and guava leaves prevents this process of Carbohydrates getting transformed into useful compounds.
Guava leaves are also beneficial for diabetes patients. It helps in preventing the body’s absorption of sucrose and maltose and thus helps in lowering blood sugar levels. Consuming Guava leaves tea regularly for more than 12 weeks can help in maintaining your blood sugar levels. It also reduces the production of insulin in the body.
Do follow for more easy to follow, kitchen & home remedies.
Do take Personalised/Customised Diet/Therapeutic Nutrition Consultations for best results.
Dt. Neetha Dilip.