Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shekhar GuptaYour feedback matters!
My teeth are turning yellow day by day even by brushing regularly two times a day. Wat should I do to reduce yellow colour on teeth?
I am 60 years and I am a diabetic patient. What will be the total cost for extraction of all teeth and replacement with implantation.
I am a paan chewer. Mu gum often swell and tooth pains when chewing. I used Hexagel, Muco pain for temporary relief. Any permanent remedy?
Please help me by tobacco infection by chewing and I have habbit alcohol drinking. What should i do?
I am 23rd year old. I have oral submucous fibrosis. Mouth opening 33 mm. Chewing habit 5 year. Please suggest non surgical treatment.
They say a smile is your best accessory and to maintain your smile, regular dental checkups are essential. However, your smile isn’t the only reason to visit a dentist. The condition of your teeth is also a window into your overall health.
Here are 5 reasons you must visit your dentist at least twice a year
Regular Cleaning: Regular brushing and flossing aren’t enough to clean your teeth thoroughly. Plaque and bacteria can build up between teeth and in other hard to reach areas. Only a dentist will be able to clean these areas. This is also because over time, plaque hardens and becomes difficult to remove. If left alone, this could also lead to the development of cavities and other oral problems.
Prevent Tooth Loss: The later a cavity is treated, the lower the tooth’s chances for survival. Regular dental checkups can ensure that cavities that identified in their early stages for easier treatment. Early identification of gum infections and periodontal disease at regular dental checkups can also help prevent tooth loss.
Oral Cancer Screening: The earlier oral cancer is detected, the earlier it can be treated and stopped from spreading further. Early detection can lower the chance of this cancer spreading by 90%. The symptoms of oral cancer include persistent sores, change in texture of part of the mouth or tongue, pain or numbness and white or velvety re patch on any part of the mouth.
See Hidden Dental Problems: It is only in the later stages of a cavity that we experience a toothache. Regular dental visits can identify these cavities much earlier. An X-ray that is part of your dental check up can also help identify hidden problems like impacted wisdom teeth or a shift in your teeth due to an overbite or jaw problem.
Unhealthy Teeth, Unhealthy Oral Cavity: Unhealthy teeth can also be a sign of other diseases and conditions such as heart problems, diabetes, endocarditis and osteoporosis. Dental checkups are also essential for pregnant women as gum disease has been linked to premature birth and low birth weight. A visit to the dentist can also help treat sleep apnea.
In addition to the above, visits the dentist regularly also helps from developing any kind of diseases. This is because identifying and treating oral problems in their early stages prevents complications like root canals and tooth extractions that can be quite expensive. So, stop making excuses and schedule your dental checkups today.
I am a 22 years old male. I am suffering from severe bad breath problem. I also consulted dentist twice. Please prescribe me some medicines for it.
I have a bridge in right side of my upper jaw. Its sensitive now. She'll I remove my bridge and do implantation?
Tongue cleaning is as important as brushing and flossing. Use of a proper tongue scraper every morning will remove tongue plaque and freshen your breath.
THE DENTIST REMOVED 2 BROKEN FRONT TOP TEETH. I AM FEELING UNWELL SINCE THEN. WHAT SHOULD I DO ? I CONSULTED A GENERAL PHYSICIAN ALSO.
Odontalgia or severe toothache is characterized by extreme pain or inflammation of the tooth and its surrounding areas. The excruciating pain that you might experience may stem as a result of gum infection, tooth decay, infection of the dental pulp, abscess and due to certain other reasons like extraction or filling of the teeth. Another key reason for extreme toothache is the fact that a number of heart problems, such as myocardial infarction and angina tend to affect your dental health negatively.
While some toothaches might occur sporadically, they might pose a danger against your overall well-being in the long run, if the condition is left untreated. Homeopathy can serve as the perfect antidote to your toothache problems and its effects are noted to be significantly higher when it comes down to the question of long-term consumption. Here is a list of homeopathic medications that might prove to be a pain alleviator for your dental complications:
- Hepar Sulph and Silicea: Root abscess responds positively, to both Hepar Sulph and Silicea. For fever accompanied with occasional chills due to severe toothache, Hepar Sulph is considered to be the perfect remedy and tends to significantly decrease the level of swelling and pain. On the other hand, if your face swells and there is an incidence of gum inflammation, Silicea must be used to numb the effects of root abscess.
- Plantago: Plantago is noted to be the most commonly prescribed medicine for toothaches and for treating sensitivity. The pain extending to the ears from the teeth receives maximum relief due to the effects of Plantago. It might have to be taken internally or applied externally depending on the severity of the toothache and its accompanying conditions.
- Staphysagria: Sensitivity is best taken care of by Staphysagria and resolves the problem of worsening of toothache, when any drink or food is consumed. Bleeding gums and excess salivation is also another aspect that is looked after by Staphysagria.
- Arnica: Tooth extraction and filling may often lead to the consequence of nerve-wrecking pain in the gums and the affected area. For this, Arnica is prescribed to assuage the nerve pain and must be taken in along with Hypericum, another homeopathy medicine, for best results.
- Merc Sol: Problems of halitosis and excessive salivation that tend to occur simultaneously with toothaches can be solved by a dosage of Merc Sol. Bleeding gums, looseness of teeth and sensitivity are all taken care of by the same medication.
- Hecla Lava: For jaw swells along with toothache, you must always opt for Hecla Lava. The effect is instantaneous and relieves both swelling and pain.
- Chamomilla: Chamomilla serves as the best remedial homeopathic medicine for easing heat sensitivity that is likely to worsen the existing toothache. Drinks and food, either hot or cold, can then be consumed easily because of the numbing effect of this medicine.