Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Jaw Orthopedics Treatment
Knee Braces For Osteoarthritis Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shekhar AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I am 40 three years old man. Recently there is problem in climbing up in stairs in the knee joints and feeling fatigueness in the two legs below knee joints when sitting couple of hours time in chair in office.
Normally, neck pain in adults tends to gets fine in a week or so by taking proper rest and medication. But when it comes to kids, one has to be careful because if a kid is complaining of neck pain, it could be because of muscle soreness or slight infection but you need to be careful as it can be much more than merely a neck pain. Here, we are not referring to the neck pain which occurs during sore throat but the pain that happens at the back of the neck.
Let’s see how harmful it could be:
1. Torticollis: If a child’s neck pain is so severe that he’s not able to move his head, then it could be torticollis. You know that it’s torticollis when your child keeps his head continuously on one side which is often associated with painful muscle spasms.
2. Infection in lymph node: Pain in kid’s neck could be because of infection in lymph node which irritates the neck and causes its spasm.
3. Damaged spinal cord: Spinal cord gets its protection from neck. A little pain in the neck could be because of some fracture which the child might have got while playing etc. and did not notice. So, even a mild neck pain in children shouldn’t be ignored and if the child finds it bearable, then you must consult a doctor at once.
4. Meningitis: It’s a bacterial infection of the membrane which covers spinal cord and brain. A child can suffer brain damage if it is not treated in time. And it starts with neck pain only, so it shouldn’t be ignored at any cost.
5. Swelling of glands: When a child is complaining of neck pain or discomfort in the neck area, it can be due to infection which can cause swelling in the glands. So consulting your doctor on time will be good for your child’s health.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am suffering from back pain. I have consulted from many doctors but it can not cured till. What should I do?
Hello doctor, actually my father was suffering from knee pain since 6 years many doctors were suggested to him and some what little bit pain was vanished. So far its running and he unable to go on steps and he unable to stand more hours at some areas can you please give tell me what should he do.
I got mri before 2 months I hade got minor bulge on my disc. Were as I tooked 4 doc priscription n all doctors told tht this much bulge is prety common because its not touching the nerve so they advised meh not bending,no lifting, etc bt still today is 9 month of my problem still m suffering the pain get worest when I bend forward I m usually always sleeping cos m fade up The problem started on july 2014 I was working in a pizza shop I worked continuesly 9 hours I worked continuesly 20 days were as I was very lazy before I din worked ever even at my home So please help me on tht give me some idea or rutine tht can make me come back and my age is still 17 I aw got my whole life N sir how much time do I were back brace a day and is walking can heal my probem n is always resting can make my problem worse?
I am working in bpo in night shift. Having issue with back pain. How to resolve it. Does smoking have any impact on this.
I am 21 year old having problem rheumatoid arthritis. So having problem in right knee it gets stiff when place in same position for some time and feels difficulty in moving afterwards. Also it pain in arm while doing some work like doing brush n similarly feels pain in many parts. Taking medicines for it. So what things I should take in food for improvement and what more thing I should do to reduce it. Thanks.
Arthritis is defined as a disease that causes painful inflammation and stiffness in joints. There are some food items, which you should avoid if you are suffering from arthritis since they can worsen your condition and lead to inflammation and joint pain. Stick to a smart, nutritious diet that doesn't make you gain weight.
The following food items should be struck off your daily meals:
- Red Meat: Red meat has high levels of saturated fat. Patients of arthritis must avoid consuming foods containing saturated fat because they contribute to obesity. They also contain Omega-6 fatty acids, which lead to inflammation if the intake is high. Red meat contributes to higher overall fat and calorie intake.
- Sugar and Refined Flour: Sugar and refined flour may cause an upsurge in blood sugar levels. When there is a spike in your blood sugar levels, the body produces a pro-inflammatory chemical called cytokines to break down the carbohydrates. This results in inflammation, worsening your arthritis symptoms. They also increase your weight, putting more and more pressure on the joints.
- Fried Foods: Eliminating fried foods from your diet helps in reducing the levels of inflammation. Fried foods increase oxidation in the body's cells due to toxins called advanced glycation endproducts or age. They are high in fat and lead to obesity. Moreover, most restaurants use hydrogenated oils which are rich in trans fats. Trans fats are even more harmful than saturated fats when it comes to inflammation, chronic heart diseases and other health problems.
- Alcohol and tobacco: High intake of alcohol causes a surge in the body levels of CRP or C - reactive protein which is a powerful agent of inflammation. The risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis is higher among smokers.
- Processed Foods: Foods that are ready to eat and require minimal cooking contain several ingredients that cause inflammation. They are loaded with saturated fats, refined flour and sugar and are extremely unhealthy and worsen arthritic pain.
- Corn Oil: Many foods, especially baked foods, are cooked in corn oil or other oils which are rich in omega 6 fatty acids and trigger inflammation. Corn oil can be replaced with olive oil that is rich in omega 3 fatty acids which is anti-inflammatory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.