Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sheetal Sabherwal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sheetal SabherwalYour feedback matters!
My wife's esr level is very high which is 85. Does it effect in pregnancy? how can I reduce its level?
The ovaries are an important part of the female reproductive system. In a normal scenario, a woman has two ovaries that lie on either side of the uterus. Their main function is to produce eggs and release them into the fallopian tubes. These eggs then travel to the uterus where they may be fertilized. The ovaries are also responsible for the release of estrogen and progesterone. These hormones help regulate the menstrual cycle.
The functioning of the ovaries is directly related to a woman’s age. When a girl is born her ovaries have approximately 2 million eggs. These are in the form of follicles. By the time she reaches puberty, this number would have reduced to around 400,000. It is believed that a woman releases only around 450 eggs during her entire reproductive period. This is less than 1% of the eggs she was born with. During each menstrual cycle, one of the follicles will mature into an egg and be released. At the same time, some follicles may die. Thus, as a woman ages, the number of eggs available reduces. By her 30th birthday, the rate at which eggs are lost increases. By her 40th birthday, a woman’s eggs will die rapidly. Without a healthy egg being released sperm cells will have nothing to fertilize. Thus, ovarian functioning decreases as a woman grows older. This implies that the risk of infertility also increases as a woman grows older.
Along with a decrease in the number of eggs available the quality of eggs also reduces with age. Thus, though the ovaries may release an egg even when a woman is in her 40s, the chance of these eggs being fertilized is very low. Even if the egg is fertilized, women who conceive a child after the age of 40 have a high risk of miscarriage. There is no direct way to assess the quality of a woman’s eggs but some tests may help indicate the chances of getting pregnant. This includes a Basal FSH to indicate the level of follicle stimulating hormones, tests to determine the amount of Estradiol and tests to determine ovarian reserve. Ultrasounds can also help assess the number of follicles in the ovaries. This test is known as an Antral Follicle Count.
Infertility caused by decreased functioning of the ovaries is usually termed as unexplained infertility. In such cases, IVF is often the most preferred form of treatment.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir I want small information about pregnancy? Is there is any type of bleeding occur at before pregnancy? Please tell me sir thank you.
I am 42 years old, diagnosed with genital herpes 7-8 years back. There were few small episode of breakout but this time its almost 10, days. I am using neem oil to get some relief. Is there 100% cure from genital herpes please advice.
Hi, i'm an 8 months pregnant lady, All of sudden from 2-3 days, no proper motion at all and acidity is increasing everyday along with that my throats are burning like hell whenever I eat anything, please suggest me something to make it proper.
Myself had sex with my girl friend. Next day she got blood clots in urine & increase in urine frequency. Her age is 25. Weight 72 kgs height 152 cms.
Marriages in our country usually last a lifetime and require effort from both parties involved to make them work. Often, marriages end because of boredom, as the partners begin to believe that the spark is gone. But there are many ways couples can perk up their marriage.
While it is true that many people are short on precious time in today’s day and age, what is also true is that a marriage is well worth some prioritisation.
Leaving dirty dishes in the sink for a little while longer does make good sense, if it means that the time is well-used to bond with one’s significant other. Leisure time spent between couples is crucial for the success of a marriage. Many couples do not make it a habit of listening to each other and this really does work to their detriment. Paying close attention to what the other one says and providing a response may not need a lot of effort but the dividends are rich in the form of the partner feeling good.
Intimacy is a valued feeling of being wanted and it has a big part to play in the success of a marriage. Over the long term, many couples do not make the required effort and the overall quality of their bond is reduced, as a result. While reinitiating contact may be as simple as holding the other’s hand, many people do not do this as they feel their partner should be the one to do so. Intimacy does not only equate to sexual intimacy, but can even simply be looking into one’s partners eyes with love.
Laughter is said to be the best medicine, and this happens to be true in the case of a marriage, as well. It has been found that couples who laugh about their past experiences are happier and get along a lot more amicably than those who do not. Recalling together where the couple first met and started seeing each other also has a positive impact as it makes both partners feel valued and thankful about what they have.
Below, are tips that don’t require much—if any—money, time or even hard work!
- Engage in a new activity with your partner. Doing novel activities with your partner enables you to re-experience the original emotional state the beginning of your marriage. In other words, trying something new sparks excitement, producing passion. You can do anything from deep-sea fishing to salsa dancing to hiking a mountain to eating at a different restaurant.
- Add the element of mystery or surprise. Both mystery and surprise also mimic the emotional state of a new romance. But it doesn’t mean whisking your wife away to the Mediterranean or surprising your husband with expensive dinners. Here, little gestures also go a long way. Examples include, surprising your wife at work and whisking her away for lunch, or sending a greeting card in the mail.
- Do something that kicks up your adrenaline and arousal. Young marriages start out with an adrenaline rush. Your heart races, you get giddy, you’re alert, awake and excited. Arousal-generating activities can include exercising, going on a vigorous hike, and even watching a scary movie. So it’s almost like fooling your brain that the arousal produced to this scary movie (or any other arousing activity) is really due to your marriage, and this helps to perk up the passion.
- Take a mini-vacation — just the two of you. Get out of the house for at least one night and two days, somewhere that interests both of you and creates new memories together. You don’t have to go far from home or spend a lot of money. The key is to spend quality time together away from home. Studies show that for women, in particular, getting away is important. They feel more passionate when they’re away from the pressures of their lives. At home, women have a tough time compartmentalizing things. They’re thinking about the laundry, lunch, paying the bills, cleaning the house, and checking things off their mental to-do list.
- Touch more often. Touch produces arousal, comfort and support both physiologically and psychologically, and it doesn’t have to be much of a touch. Holding hands on a walk, making sure you give a hug or kiss or embrace daily reminds you that you’re physiologically bonded. When reigniting your relationship, the key is to shake things up consistently. Good luck!
- Remove water from coolers and other small containers at least once in a week
- Use aerosol during day time to prevent the bites of mosquitoes
- Do not wear clothes that expose arms and legs of children should not be allowed to play in shorts and half sleeved clothes
- Use mosquito nets or mosquito repellents while sleeping during day time.
Here are symptoms, effects, and treatments of PCOS.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is a very common condition that affects up to 10-20 percent of women in India. Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is a condition that affects your periods, your fertility, your hormone levels and also your appearance. It also affects your long term health. Symptoms of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome are irregular period or absent period, increase facial hair or body hair there could be loss of body hair from head or there could be acne, oily skin and many come with complain of decreased fertility. They find difficulty in conceiving. It can affect your long term health also and it can cause diabetes in around 10-20 percent of patients later in the life. If diabetes remain untreated then it can lead to damage other internal organs also.
Then in some women it can cause high blood pressure since most of these women are overweight and if hypertension or high blood pressure remains untreated then it can cause heart problems also. Then if you have irregular period and if you bleed less than three times a year then there could be the thickening of the lining of uterus which can later on develop into cancer of uterus in some women. To reduce the risk to long term health you can do certain lifestyle modifications. You should have a healthy diet which should contain lots of fruit, vegetables. You should cut down the intake of salt, sugar, caffeine or alcohol. You should exercise regularly. You should exercise for at least 30 minutes in a day for a minimum of three days a week.
Then in addition to losing weight is going to help you if you have PCOS. If you can lose weight there are several benefits like periods will become more regular. You will find conceiving easier than your appearance will improve, there will be the reduction in acne, reduction in facial hair and then there is a benefit to your long term also. There will be less chance of development of diabetes or high blood pressure or cancer of uterus. In addition to these lifestyle changes there are medicines you can take after consultation with your gynecologist. These medicines can help you reducing the symptoms and consequences of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.
If you want to consult me further you can connect me via lybrate. You can do chat or you can do video call or you can book an appointment via lybrate.