Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sheetal Mehroke
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sheetal MehrokeYour feedback matters!
Not comfortable holding lips together. Feel more like opening mouth even though my teeth are not forward or slightly out. I had braces though. And this happened suddenly.
I have pain in my Jaw in lower side teeth, little swelling also seen on my face. So please advise me on this.
Bad smell from mouth after eating. Use mouth wash also after eating. But again coming after an hour. please help.
Sir I am 5th class govt civil contractor. I chewing gutkha last five year now I facing some problem in my mouth. First of all I going to quit my gutkha habit 100% for my girl child. The problem I am facing is when I sleep at night some kind of very small current you can say jhanjhnahat come from my leg to my head and I woke very fast. I feel if I not woke up, my mouth close tight automatically, I feel some pressure try to close my mouth so dat tym I scare very much and I eat anything from fridge and try to distract my mind from my body. At dat tym when I woke by this problem I feel very week. I want to live I quit my bad habit 100%. I am in very tense and stress I think I am suffering frm cancer. Pls guide me from which govt cancer hospital I hv to go or I start my checkup with normal medicine doctor. I know I did vry big mistake to chewing gutka but know I want to live for my family pls give me your bless by giving your lyfsaver advise. Thankyou.
I am 21 years old I am facing a problem during night when I sleep I always grind my teeth during sleep so what should I do?
Sir how I am remove my colour discolouration from birth I have this problem from childhood My teeth is not white properly from birth.
Teeth are one of the most precious parts of the human body. By playing a significant functional and structural role in aesthetics, facial appearance, and food habits, digestion and chewing, all efforts at maintaining them should be undertaken. As we all know, we have two sets of teeth, primary or deciduous and the permanent set. Let us discuss tooth removal in these two sets separately.
In the primary teeth, the main indication would be dental decay. If the tooth is severely damaged beyond repair with fillings, then removal could be an option, with two things considered. The primary successor will erupt within the next 6 months; if not, a space maintainer would be put in place.
Another reason would be if the tooth is beyond its lifecycle and is blocking the eruption of the successor, then it requires removal.
The permanent teeth, however, are a set that are meant to last for a lifetime and removal should be considered only as a last resort. With advances in dental treatment methods, gone are the days when removal would be an option for severe decay.
Some of the absolute indications for removal would be:
- Wisdom teeth: if it is erupting in abnormal position (flattened or crooked), then removing them to avoid infection and impingement on other teeth needs to be considered. Wisdom teeth infection is one of the most common causes requiring tooth removal.
- Recurrent infections: If a tooth has been root canal treated, but continues to have ongoing chronic infection, it could be a case for removal.
- Malformed or supernumerary teeth: These may also block eruption of other teeth into the mouth.
- Orthodontic treatment: In cases where the jaw size is really not sufficient to realign the mal-positioned or crooked teeth, the first premolar is often sacrificed, and this space is used to align the other teeth.
- Injuries: In case of accidents or injuries with jaw fractures, teeth in the line of fracture may need to be removed.
- Preparation for dentures: In cases of severe periodontal disease, where the mobility of the teeth is high and complete dentures are being considered as an option, teeth removal may be planned. Also, if there are teeth which are in the line of fixed partial dentures, again removal might be planned
- Radiation therapy: For head and neck cancer patients, if there are teeth in the line of radiation, then removal might be planned.
Unlike in the earlier years, the absolute indications for removing tooth have changed. A thorough examination, both oral and radiological, should be done before zeroing on extraction.