Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Muje operation se 1 nov ko boy hua h or 13 ko stitches cut hue. Can you pls suggest the diet or food which I eat. Kya kya kha skti hu me baby ko healthy rkhne k lie. Jisse use loose motion b na ho or cold b na ho aise healthy foods suggest kijie pls. And should I take multivitamins after delivery. Hair fall na ho uske lie kya krna chahie. Or operation k bad yoga and Jumba kbse start kr skte h. And when we start relationship with husband after delivery from operation.
Almost every couple wishes to have a family of their own. They eagerly wait to be expecting parents. It is a joyous, yet delicate occurrence in one's life. But sometimes, you might be deprived of this. For one reason or another, some couples are not able to conceive.
In vitro Fertilization (IVF) is a good option for couples who want to conceive but cannot. But there is one other option if IVF fails that is surrogacy. In fact, many women with fertility problems opt for surrogacy.
Surrogacy is of two types:
- Traditional surrogacy: When the father's sperm is used to artificially inseminate the surrogate mother, then it is termed as traditional surrogacy. In this case, the surrogate mother is the biological mother. Donor sperm may also be used.
- Gestational surrogacy: In this case, IVF is used. The egg from the mother and the sperm from the father is used to create an embryo. Then the embryo is placed into the surrogate's uterus. Here, the surrogate mother is only the "birth mother". The biological mother is one whose eggs were used.
Surrogacy is an expensive procedure. But still, it should be considered if you have been trying to conceive for too long. Why choose a surrogate mother in that case? There are various answers to that question.
If you are a woman, then you can consider surrogacy for the following reasons:
1. Medical issues with your uterus:
- You have your uterus surgically removed (hysterectomy)
- Other medical conditions that can have dangerous effects when pregnant, like heart diseases.
2. The other obvious reason would be if your IVF cycle fails. It can be quite devastating to invest so much time and effort in IVF and not have any positive result. Surrogacy can prove to be beneficial in this case.
3. Surrogate mothers can help people who wish for parenthood but cannot adopt a child because of their marital conditions or age.
Hi my age is 26 yrs. My problem is breast inside hardness but I don't have pain .can you please tell me any problem and suggestions for this.
I have too much pain in my thighs waist and abdomen during periods what should I do to get rid from this pain?
My wife is of 21 years. Her menstrual date is 17 in every month. But this month menstrual did not occur. Is she going to be pregnant. If not why menstrual did not occour. Which medicine should be taken for stopping pregnancy in this situation?
Epi schedules as recommended by govt. Of india
-birth -15 days- bcg + opv (zero dose)
-6 weeks- opv1 + dpwt1 + hep b1 + hib 1*
-10 weeks- opv2 + dpwt2 + hep b2+ hib 2*
-14 weeks- opv3 + dpwt3 + hep b3+ hib 2*
-9 months- measles vaccine
-15 months-18 months- 1st booster of opv/ dpwt + mmr*
-5 years -6 years- 2nd booster of dpwt
-10 years- tetanus toxoid
-16 years- tetanus toxoid
* these vaccines have been introduced in few states currently, hep b = hepatitis b vaccine.
The moment you realize that you are going to be a mummy a lot of people start advising about healthy eating. What exactly is a healthy plan for pregnant women? It is very important for the mother to eat a balanced diet. Aiming to eat a healthy and balanced pregnancy diet that includes- one third of most meals should be starch-based foods (such as cereals, potatoes, rice, and wheat pasta), with fruit and vegetables. Keeping it fiber rich, good sources are wholegrain breads as well as fruit and vegetables. Eat some protein foods such as fish, pulses, chicken, etc, every day. Choose lean meat. Try to avoid adding fat - for example, by not frying food. A total weight gain of 11-16 kg over the pregnancy is normal.
Include Foods with plenty of Iron, Calcium and Folic acid -
- Iron is mainly found in non vegetarian sources, pulses, dried fruit, green leafy vegetables, soybeans and fortified cereals.
- Calcium is mainly found in dairy products such as milk, cheese, and yoghurt, green leafy vegetables, soybean and seeds.
- Folic acid is mainly found in green vegetables, brown rice, and fortified cereals.
- Fish- in general, fish is a good source of protein and other nutrients. However, there are some important exceptions. Some types of fish contain a high level of mercury which can damage the developing nervous system of an unborn baby. Because of this, the Food Standards Agency (FSA) advises: Not to include eat any marlin or swordfish. Limit tuna - eat no more than 140 g or two fresh tuna steaks per week.
- Oily fish, includes- mackerel, sardines, salmon, trout and fresh tuna- not more than two helpings in a week.
- Foods and drinks to be avoided
- Food sources high in Listeria. Listeria is a germ (bacterium). Pregnant women are more likely to become infected with listeria and it sometimes causes complications. Foods which are most at risk of carrying listeria are: Undercooked meats and eggs, raw shellfish and raw fish and unpasteurized milk.
- Limit the amount of Caffeine to no more than 300 mg per day.
It is recommended that you visit a nutrition expert who can understand your daily requirements and activities and suggest a nutrition diet plan as per the same. The expert shall also consider your medical history and understand if you have a tendency to put on weight. A comprehensive pregnancy diet plan helps a woman relive stress and the right balance of antioxidants helps balance the body.
M 30 years old and a feeding mother. I have c section 5months ago. I want to loose belly fat and fat on arms also. How to loose it in healthy way.
My periods always regular in 31 days cycle. Last month 15 days late then periods came. This month, at my 28 th day I got some bleedingwith few clots. But it stopped few minutes. Today is my 30 day. May I get chance to conceive. I am having 6.5 year girl baby. We are planning for 2 nd baby.
Hysteroscopy is considered as a therapeutic modality and a valuable detection in the management or treatment of infertility. It is a process whereby a doctor checks the uterus cavity to treat the cause of abnormal menstrual bleeding which may be impeding chances of conception. It is performed with the help of a hysteroscope (a thin tube) inserted in the uterus to detect and examine the cervix (lower end of the uterus). Its role has changed and modified overtime.
Hysteroscopy is performed to find out certain causes of infertility; which may be:
Problem in the size or shape of the uterus.
Endometrial cancer (a cancer of the uterus).
Scar tissue in the uterus.
How and when to prepare for hysteroscopy?
The best time for hysteroscopy to be carried out is when one is not on her menstruating cycle.
Make sure not to insert tampons or use vaginal medicines 24 hours prior to the surgery.
An anesthetic will be given to relax you before hysteroscopy.
How is it performed?
The procedure begins with the administration of anesthesia.
The cervix will be widened (dilated) by the doctor to insert the hysteroscope.
The hysteroscope is then inserted into the uterus through the vaginal tract and the cervix.
The uterine cavity is expanded by the usage of carbon dioxide gas. The blood and mucus is then cleared. This is done once the hysteroscope is put into the uterine cavity.
The hysteroscope light allows the doctor to see and diagnose the problem in the uterine cavity by observing the openings of the fallopian tubes (tubes through which the eggs travel from ovaries to the uterus).
Expectations after the procedure:
You will have to be observed for a few hours before you are allowed to go home.
Post-surgery vaginal bleeding or cramping is also common.
In case carbon dioxide gas is used in the surgery, mild shoulder pain might be another botheration. However, it should subside within a day or two.
It is also completely normal to feel slightly sick or even have a few bouts of fainting.
Certain complications which might require medical attention are:
Heavy vaginal discharge or bleeding
- Acute abdominal pain
My doctor has suggested to take this ovafar 50 instead (I got Fertomid 50 mg, is this is right medicine) two time a day after three days of mensuration cycle for five days then after 15 days of mensuration cycle I have to take defastron tab two times a day for 10 days is this rightly prescribed myage is 36. Last year I had been detected fibroid in uterus which is removed on Feb 11th of 2015 Till now I have no child.
Sir. Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex on 26th sep and I gave her ipill next day that is on 27th sep. I want to know is there any danger of being pregnant and how soon she can do her pregnancy test?
I had my periods on 17 of last month. I had sex on 11. Can I have a pregnancy? please clarify my doubt. We were trying for a child. please tell me as early as possible.
I have pcod with cysts in both ovaries measuring 2-4mm. What is the severity of the condition and how much difficulty will it pose in conceiving?
Respected doctor, I am pregnant from last 4 weeks and I am taking Folic Acid 400 mcg tablet daily and citrate 600+D (Calcium Supplement) daily. Is that above both tablets are good for me and my unborn baby? Is that said tablet have any side effects? Please suggest me also if I suppose to take extra medicines or diets. Thanks Regards.
Kidney is a crucial detoxifying organ that performs a lot of functions including, absorption of minerals, filtration of blood and production of hormones and urine. It also helps your body to maintain a healthy pH level. Since kidney failure can prove to be fatal, it is essential to keep it healthy, to ensure smooth functioning of your system.
The following are the tips to ensure the health of your kidneys:
- Adequate intake of water: It is advised to drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water daily, to help your kidneys function properly. Adequate intake of water ensures that your body is able to flush out the harmful toxins at regular intervals. However, in case if you are already suffering from kidney disease, this point is not applicable.
- Control your blood pressure and blood sugar level: Diabetes is one of the major causes of kidney failure. It is recommended to control your blood sugar level on a regular basis to ensure healthy functioning of your kidney. People who have high level of blood sugar and blood pressure are more susceptible to suffer from kidney disorders.
- Quit tobacco: Accumulations of toxins in your body tend to have a harmful impact not only your kidneys, but also on your overall health. It is strictly recommended to quit smoking and use other forms of tobacco to protect your kidneys from damage.
- Reduce weight: Obesity and the problem of excessive body fat are harmful for your body in more ways than one. Being overweight makes you more susceptible to develop kidney cancer. Therefore, it is advisable to lose a few kilos to ensure the proper functioning of your kidneys.
- Avoid intake of analgesics without prescription: Most analgesics have the tendency to be harsh on your kidneys. Ingestion of analgesics increases your risk of developing kidney cancer. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen and acetaminophen are some of the analgesics, which are known to affect your kidneys in the long term. Therefore, it is necessary to avoid taking them without consulting a doctor.
- Include healthy food in your diet: If you increase the intake of green vegetables in your diet, it will help your body to accelerate the process of detoxification. Fruits and vegetables including watermelon, cranberries, blueberries, strawberries, apples, cabbage, cauliflower, peppers, garlic and onions provide considerable aid in removing the toxins out of your system. However, in case if you are already suffering from kidney disease, this point is not applicable.