Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sheenu AggarwalYour feedback matters!
A problem with my teeth.. I can sense with my tongue its is broken. A small gap between gum and teeth no cavity at present what to do.
I have pain in my upper one teeth from 5 days. I don't eat anything from left side teeth because of pain. What should I do please tell me.
I developed pain in the right side of my throat, just below my jaw overnight. Before sleeping there was an itch inside my right ear which progressed to this area. I have pain while swallowing but not while speaking. Kindly tell me what this problem is.
I am on yasmin. I need to get my wisdom tooth extracted. When should I schedule my surgery so that I don't end up with a dry socket. A day after the pills end?
My tongue is almost tasteless from 2 days now, little swollen and feels burnt (though it wasn't). There is a thin white layer on my tongue as well. I was feeling feverish couple of days back, took couple of paracetamol.
You may need RCT if you have:
1. Pain and throbbing while eating
2. Pain when eating/drinking hot or cold foods
3. Deep cavity which has been ignored for a long time
4. Injury to the face/ jaw in accident cases
5. Colour change/ darkening of the tooth
6. Pus discharge / swelling in the nearby gum
Dear Doctor, will you please suggest some remedy for bad breath. Which mouth wash product is good? What other remedies are there for bad breath Thank you in advance, for your help, William.
I have fluorosis from birth. I had gap in right molar teeth, So I did filling before 6 months. For the past 3 days I am getting heavy pain in the filling side, Dentist said the filling is broken and by X-Ray it's seen Filling is very near to pulp, So you have to do Root Canal Treatment and put Ceramic Cap. Can I directly remove this filling and put Ceramic Cap or I must undergo RCT and then only should put Cap? Dentist said after RCT, Cap is must since teeth is brittle, for that I can directly put the Cap which prevents physical contact to the teeth na? Please give your elaborate clear answers. Thank you.
Hi, I have tiny spots on my 2 front teeth, have shown it to a dentist but they say there is no cure and I have to get it laminated or get it crowned. So please guide me how costly would be crown and is it the only solution?
I am getting mouth ulcer after radiation is completed 2 years back, I got buccle cancer got operation and radiation in 2015, now I am facing ulcer problem in my lower lip and tong, please guide me, I am cleaning my mouth every time I take food. I am facing uncle problem past from 4 month.
My front teeth is totally yellowish and brush is also not helpful. So please suggest something to me so that I can get rid of this problem. Please sir.
I think a couple of my teeth look like they have cavity. A small black spot which is almost negligible though. Is there any way to heal them without going to a dentist clinic
I am suffering from mouth ulcers from 2 weeks and now constipation also from 2 days what should I do.
A generation ago, we would not see so many adolescents with braces as we do currently. Orthodontics, the branch of dentistry involved in the use of braces to align and move teeth to form that perfect arch, has seen rapid advancements in the past few decades and continues to grow at a rapid pace.
The fundamental principle is that the teeth is held in place by surrounding elastic tissues, and minor constant forces can be applied to align them better. Small metal brackets are applied on the teeth and a wire is passed through them so that there is a constant force on the teeth. The amount and direction of force is managed by the doctor. The younger the age, the more elastic the tissue is, the easier it is to move teeth.
There are two main things to understand in terms of your options, relation of age with orthodontic treatment and the choices of braces.
Firstly, correlation with age. Over the years, more people in their 20s and early 30s are choosing to have braces. Though the teeth and more importantly the surrounding periodontium become less elastic with age, the amount of force exerted is increased and therefore tooth movement is enabled. Also, in older patients, tooth removal may be required more frequently to make space for proper alignment.
Secondly, the choices of the braces:
- In the earlier days, bands were placed around the teeth and a wire was then connecting all these bands to enable tooth movement. Gradually, this made way to small brackets being placed on the front surface of the teeth, and a wire running through it and elastic bands connecting the bracket and the wire. This is the most effective way of moving teeth, though not esthetic. To make it look different, the ligatures could be colored.
- For people who are constantly in the public eye, the metal braces were a deterrent and so lingual braces became popular. The brackets are applied on the inner surface of the teeth and are not seen easily. The amount of force here varies from the earlier one, and not all conditions can be treated by this method.
- The next development was the development of ceramic braces, which are also applied to the front surface of the teeth and can be used in most cases. These are more expensive than the metallic braces.
- Removable aligners is another option, which are trays which need to be worn for close to 18 hours a day to induce tooth movement. This is esthetic and no metal shows during talking or smiling.
So, if you want to improve your smile, visit your dentist and find out how!