Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sheela
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SheelaYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. 7 day ago my periods lasts .after that cause of unprotected intimacy I took I pill (emergency contraceptive pill) .but yesterday periods start again. I am so stressed. Is it ok or any problem. please suggest something.
I am 23 year old girl. My period date is 5 but every month I have period 5-6 days ago, but this time I was still not yet get period. So that I was do pregnancy test bt preganews & now I am pregnant. So what to do the remove a unwanted pregnancy & I am low blood pressure patient. So that which medicine can suite for my health.
I am 21 years old in the Last year of college. I had sex with my fiancé. I was under medications for menstrual cycle and some how I missed two medicines so I couldn't take it anymore. I had my periods on 30th april to 3rd may, I had it on 5th of May and just because of missed medicines I had my periods again on 9th to 12th. I am not sure whether I am pregnant although I had the tests done it's ll negative. Please help.
My boyfriend tried to insert his finger in my vagina, but that was a superficial insertion and was not much deeper. But from that Day my vagina has become red and I feel pain while peeing. Please give me some remedy.
I am suffering from pcod since 9 years due 2 which I had thyroid and now diabetes too very fed up with irregular periods and now came 2 know having a 1 cm cyst in my uterus my weight is 81 trying 2 reduce very confirm what 2 do about uterus cyst please help me out.
I have put on weight (55 kg) post pregnancy. Previously it was around 48-49 kg. I want to get rid of my extra pounds. Can you suggest?
Pregnancy is considered to be one of the most challenging and important phases in the life of a woman.
Pregnancy Complications are health problems that occur during pregnancy. They can involve the mother’s health, the baby’s health, or both. Some women have health problems before they become pregnant that could lead to complications. Other problems arise during the pregnancy. Keep in mind that whether a complication is common or rare, there are ways to manage problems that come up during pregnancy.
Some complications that might occur during pregnancy are discussed below:
- Severe Nausea and Vomiting: It is common for nausea and vomiting to occur during a pregnancy. In order to avoid this condition, one should consume several small meals throughout the day and completely avoid spicy and fatty foods.
- A persistent abdominal pain, severe headache, swelling and visual disturbances during the third trimester: This can be a fatal condition and often is a sign of high blood preeclampsia (pregnancy complication involving high blood pressure as well as damage to another organ system). It can be diagnosed early using good prenatal care which essentially comprises of frequent check-ups with the doctor and all the necessary treatment during pregnancy.
- Flu Symptoms: It is recommended that flu vaccine should be administered to pregnant women as they usually tend to develop the disease during their pregnancy.
- Gestational Diabetes: Gestational diabetes can increase the chance of a larger baby at birth and create delivery complications, increase your risk for high blood pressure and cause the baby to have blood sugar problems after birth. If you are diagnosed, it’s important to consult your gynecologist to control your blood sugar level, which can often be done through diet and exercise.
- Baby’s activity level significantly declines: Sometimes, the activity of a previously active baby might decline. This can be felt by reducing the number of the kicks by the baby. The doctor has specific equipment that aids in identifying and resolving the problem.
- Bleeding: Heavy bleeding accompanied by abdominal pain and menstrual-type cramps during the first trimester might indicate an ectopic pregnancy (embryo is implanted outside one’s uterus) or a miscarriage while occurrence in the third semester indicates placental abruption (characterized by the placenta separating from the womb’s walls). Any form of bleeding warrants the immediate attention of the doctor. Steps to avoid bleeding include bed rest, avoiding heavy work, and keeping yourself hydrated.
A Healthy Pregnancy-
The best way to ensure a healthy pregnancy is to focus on the things you can control and don’t obsess about what could happen. Take good care of yourself and your developing baby and talk with your healthcare provider when you have concerns.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!