Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sheeba
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SheebaYour feedback matters!
I am also used coconut oil and Vaseline lotion but my skin is very dry in winter so what I do. I am very itching.
How to get rid of bad smell from mouth .even I am brushing daily perfectly. The yellow color spit (pasaru in yellow color) does not coming from mouth and that leading to bad smell. What can I do now to get bad smell from mouth.
Hi My age is premature ejaculation since 7-8 year. My marriage ceremony is going to held in November end. Please advise.
I have increased weight 2 years back its becoming problem for me as I am a student staying in hostel I do not even get proper food to diet can you pls suggest diet plan as reduce 8 kg in a month.
Hi, I am Dr Sangeeta Amladi and I am going to talk to you about Pigmentation.
What is pigmentation and how does it occur?
Pigmentation is a term we used to describe the dark spots or patches or even general darkening of the skin. In the upper layer of the skin, there are certain cells which are called pigment cells and these produce a certain pigment called melanin. This is evenly distributed in the skin and gives colour that we normally possess. We can get darkening of the skin due to many factors, both external and internal at any time of our lives. Most common cause of external pigmentation is ultraviolet radiations. And one of the commonest cause is a hormone, especially in women. Any of these factors can increase the pigment cells in the skin or actually activate the cell to produce more melanin.
What are the common types of Pigmentation?
There are many common types of pigmentation;
These often cause cosmetic problems and hence require treatment.
Freckles are the common response to sunlight. And you can see them as light brown spots on the face and the exposed parts of the body. They are often seen on the fair skin individuals and from very young ages. They can be effectively prevented by good sun screening habits.
Age spots, also called Lentigines are darker spots. And these are often seen as we grow older, over the age of 40
Melasma is a kind of pigment which shows up most commonly on cheeks in the form of brownish or the greyish brown patches which are sharply defined. They can also come up on the forehead or the chin. Two main factors causing melasma are the sunlight and the hormones. And it is more common in women. Very often, melasma occurs either during or post pregnancy.
Often we find pigmentation being left behind after we develop boils, other infections, eczemas, other allergies, injuries etc on the skin and this is something we called as Post inflammatory hyper pigmentation. It is left behind due to the inflammation that is left behind in the skin. There are certain perfumes, cosmetics and other allergens which can on their own leave dark patches on the skin and we call this pigmented contact om titis.
Another common cause of patchy pigmentation is ageing itself and this is because of the effect of ultraviolet radiations and sunlight on the skin. We often see the unevenness tone or little patchy dark spots and an alteration in texture so the skin gets a bit rougher. This we can prevent to a large extent through good sun screening habits which we should adopt at a very young age in life.
Last but not the least, the dark circles. These are the dark patches which we see under our eyes. The problem of dark circles is that they make us look dull and tired.
What is the right approach to treat pigmentation?
If you suffer from pigmentation, then you should be looking for comprehensive and holistic solutions to this problem. There are many different kinds of products, tropically prescribed medication, and chemical peels which when combined together can help us get rid of the superficial pigmentation. Ideally, it should be customized for you by your dermatologist after the detailed evaluation of your specific skin concern and then decide the best possible way to address it. If we need something deeper then there is a specific laser which called the Q switched andiac laser which is very safe and effective and specifically targets the Melanin in the skin without affecting the neighbouring areas and leaves the skin clear and flawless.
What are the everyday essentials to take care of your skin?
- The first mantra to really good skin care is to protect your skin using a sunscreen. You can use the sunscreen of SPF 15-30 or could be higher. However, the more important is how you apply it. A sunscreen must be applied to a thin film across the face and the exposed areas of the body and then left on for 15-20 minutes to settle it. If you tend to sweat a lot, you need to apply it after every 2-4 hours. And of course, you should apply a sunscreen when you are indoors because the ultraviolet radiations or even the visible light which is indoors can also affect your skin and cause pigmentation.
- A good cleansing regime is very important to keep your skin clean. Choose a cleanser which is formulated for your skin type dry, oily or normal. You can use this twice or thrice daily. If your skin is oily, you can use a toner for deeper cleansing.
- After cleansing your skin, you need to hydrate and this can be done using a moisturizer in the day time and sunscreen itself can be the moisturizer. At night, you can sue a night cream containing Vit- C and this will also help you to stay pigmentation free.
- A balanced diet, good sleep and exercise is very important in keeping your skin healthy. Incorporate foods in a diet which are rich in Vit- C and sun protecting agents like Beta Keratins and anti oxidants. For example red and orange fruits like carrot, tomatoes and other vegetables such as cauliflower, broccoli, spinach etc and omega rich foods such as fish
Relax- Destress-Fill your life with positive energy.
My right leg knakle got suppressed while playing and got heavy pain. I'm sure that it is not fractured but my joint is not free till now please help me.
IBS or the Irritable bowel syndrome is an indication based diagnosis described by incessant stomach torment, distress, bloating and changes of bowel propensities. The essential side effects of IBS are stomach torment or distress in relationship with continuous the runs or blockage and an adjustment in bowel propensities. There may likewise be earnestness for bowel movements, a sentiment inadequate clearing (tenesmus), bloating or abdominal distension. Now and again, the indications are assuaged by bowel movements.
Individuals with IBS, more ordinarily than others, have gastroesophageal reflux, side effects identifying with the genitourinary framework, ceaseless weakness syndrome, fibromyalgia, headache, spinal pain and psychiatric side effects, for example, sadness and anxiety. About 33% of men and women who have IBS likewise report sexual brokenness commonly as a decrease in libido. Some studies show that up to 60% of people with IBS additionally have a mental issue, regularly uneasiness or misery.
Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Fiber: Some evidence proposes that dissolvable fiber supplementation (e.g., psyllium / ispaghula husk) is compelling in the general IBS populace. It goes about as a building operator.
- Antispasmodics: The utilization of antispasmodic medications may help patients, particularly those with issues or the runs.
- Stopping the use of Proton Pump Inhibitors: Proton pump inhibitors which are utilized to stifle stomach corrosive creation may bring about bacterial abundance prompting to IBS indications. Cessation of proton pump inhibitors in choosing people has been recommended as it might prompt to an improvement or determination of IBS indications.
- Different Agents: Magnesium aluminum silicates and alverine citrate medications can be compelling for bad tempered bowel syndrome.
Homeopathy for Irritable Bowel Syndrome or IBS
When it comes to the homeopathic treatment for Irritable Bowel Syndrome, homeopathy aims to completely eradicate or rather cure the problem. All the symptoms of the disease as well as that of the patient, which may seem unrelated to the disease, are taken into account before prescribing the right medicine for the patient. That is how it tends to strike at the root cause of the problem and not just the symptoms of the disease. That is precisely the reason that it is able to completely cure the problem. And that is also the reason that it takes some time to cure it.
Homeopathy medicine for Irritable Bowel Syndrome or IBS
There are more than two scores of medicines that are used in the treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome. The right medicine for each and every patient is selected on the basis of the totality of the symptoms, some of which may even be unrelated to the disease. The mental or psychological state of the patient is fully taken into account while prescribing the right medicine for each patient. Having said that, a few medicines have been quite commonly used in the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome. These have shown very good results in curing this problem completely. However, this does not in any way mean that one of these medicines will have the answer to each and every patient’s problem. Often one has to prescribe some other medicines when the symptoms so demand. It is always recommended to visit a professional Homeopath to get the right prescription for your specific problem. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.