Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Shayam AggarwalYour feedback matters!
I have been smoking since 2 years. and I have pain in my chest. Should I go for cancer test, please reply ?
What are the symptoms of cancer and how can we understood about the cancer and cancer related treatments.
Is it possible to know now whether I am going to get some disease like cancer or something else in the future? If there are any such tests then how much do they cost approximately.
Science has advanced a lot through the ages. Doctors have also succeeded in curing many diseases in this time. But even with one of the most advanced technologies, they still haven’t found a fool proof way to cure cancer. Even out of the many types of cancer, blood cancer is the worst among them. You surely wouldn’t want to get into such a situation. Would you? The best way out of blood cancer is never to get one. To prevent it you can take care of a few things:
- Maintaining proper body weight: Although you can’t do much to prevent cancer, you must ensure that you maintain a healthy body weight. This implied that your BMI should be normal (healthy weight) so that you have a good chance of fighting it. It has been said by many leading institutions worldwide as the best way to prevent cancer. One can maintain proper body weight by making sure they exercise every day for at least 30 minutes and also maintain a well-balanced diet. This would help you maintain a healthy body weight.
- Reduction in the consumption of calorie dense food: Not only because calorie dense foods like cold drinks increase your weight, the sugar mixes with your blood and thus is difficult to transport through the body. Thus they add a lot of impurities to the body and must be avoided for the best interests in your effort to fight cancer. The worst fact about calorie dense foods is that you can easily consume 1000 – 2000 calories long before you can satisfy your hunger. Thus, it also defeats your first preventive measure to avoid cancer.
- Staying away from harmful chemicals like pesticides: You might not know it and be happily spraying pest control sprays everywhere without a proper mask thinking you will make the pests go away. What you don’t know is that those pesticides are harmful for your blood and one should avoid them. To increase the probability of winning against blood cancer, it’s vital to keep this in mind.
- Consulting a doctor from time to time: One should always go and visit a medical practitioner from time to time so that they can maintain proper health. Furthermore, if you see symptoms like fever, frequent infections, night sweating, swollen liver with abdomen pain, enlarged lymph nodes (they are usually painless), then be sure to go to a medical practitioner. Always remember that prevention is better than cure. Thus one should try to prevent blood cancer not cure it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Hello I diagnose a malignancy tumor having sarcoma in my 11th rib measuring 14 centimetre I don't want to undergo with the chemotherapy cycles it's a humble request to you can you please perform my surgery waiting for your reply sir thank you so much.
I am 56 years old male and I have been suffering from urinary tract infection since 1989 (at the age of thirty years) with symptoms burn and pain in urine discharge fever and excessive vomiting. Presently I am 56 year old. Since then this problem repeats itself after three / two / one year or six months. Presently my prostate gland is enlarged by grade 2. Earlier in 2004 ultrasound R.G.U, I.V.P and endoscopy was done and reports were normal. I want to know. -- reason of this repeated U.T.I problem when i've already been medicines like VELTAM 0.4 since 2012 , -- Whether the operation of prostate gland can be permanent relief of U.T.I as this problem is being repeated from an early age and being repeated very often now.
I have a tumour type developed on the outer skin of my testicles. I want to know which doctor should I consult or can it be testicular cancer? Please help.
The uterus is a very important organ within the human reproductive system as this is the chamber where an embryo grows into a baby. Due to a multitude of factors, the incidence of uterine cancer has been on the rise. Let's look at some of its symptoms.
Symptoms of uterine cancer: When cells within the uterus grow abnormally and turn malignant, it may be termed as uterine cancer. This may be in the form of a fibroid or tumor or be part of the uterine tissue itself. It may be caused due to a multitude of factors such as late menopause, radiation exposure, estrogen treatments and many others. Some of the common symptoms for uterine cancer could be:
- Pain in the abdomen, lower back and especially the pelvic area.
- Pain during urination,
- Weight loss without any apparent reason
- Vaginal bleeding with or without discharge
- Pain during sex
Stages of uterine cancer: Before we understand the stages of uterine cancer you need to know how doctors diagnose the various stages. This is done by the three following steps in the TNM method:
- Tumor: Doctors try and search for tumors and locate them within the uterus, estimate its size and whether it is malignant or not.
- Node: If the tumor is malignant, then doctors try to find out whether the tumor has reached the lymph nodes or not.
- Metastasis: Doctors look for Metastasis, which is whether the cancer has spread to other organs within the body and to what extent.
Stages of cancer: Cancer is primarily grouped in five stages from 0 to V according to the T, N and M stages mentioned below.
- Stage 0 - This is a very early stage of cancer where the cells have malignant growth but are still small in number and haven't spread anywhere.
- Stage I - If the cancer has developed a little, but is restricted within the uterus, it is considered as stage one. This is also further divided into Stage 1A and 1B.
- Stage II - When the cancer has started spreading, but only to some parts of the cervix from the uterus, it is diagnosed as stage 2 uterine cancer.
- Stage III - Categorized into Stage IIIA, Stage IIIB, Stage IIIC1 and Stage IIIC2, it is primarily where the cancer has spread to other organs, but it is only limited to the pelvic area.
- Stage IV A - When the cancer has gone beyond the pelvic area and also spread to the rectum and bladder area.
- Stage IV B - This is where the cancer has metastasized in the groin area or gone to other organs within the body as well.
I am a 60 year old male (100 Kg.) with slightly enlarged prostrate, fatty lever, pain in both knees and swelling at ankles. What course of medicine do you suggest? Presently taking low dosage tablets for hypertension and Uric acid and colestarol.
This is my mother pet ct scan report, please let me know the meaning Non FDG avid hypodense area in segment VI of liver is suspicious for benign etiology (?hemangioma). She underwent breast cancer surgery, chemotherapy and radiation from past six month back. Now doctor recommended to do the PET CT SCAN.
I have pain in my both breasts. Actually it is very tight from inside feel like stones and its very painful. please help what can I do.
Dear sir, Recently is caught Cancer into uterus, may it be survived permanently by surgery? If so pls confirm us right way. Regards S. K. Biswas.
My father suffering Multiple myeloma just 20days back we got information. This type of cancer spreads another generation or not Give me good feedback.
Studies found that corn is a rich source of antioxidants which fight cancer causing free radicals. Unlike other foods, cooking actually increases its usable antioxidants.