Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shayam Aggarwal
Submit a review for Dr. Shayam AggarwalYour feedback matters!
Hello, I am 45 years old. My father diagnosed for ca prostate at the age of 59 and he is under treatment. Whether I will get the disease as hereditary? what precaution I have to take? any tests have to be done periodically? kindly advise.
Meri gf ka breast thora jada hi full gaya hai o usko thora kam krna chahti hai uska age 21 and hight 5 inch hai if kuch home remidies hai ya koi fruit khane se kam hoga to please suggest me.
My mother was suffering Nasophyrinix cancer last year, her chemo and radiation is completed. I want to know will she get cancer in future again?
Hello sir I'm surfing from gynecomastia from last 7 years is there any chance of breast cancer? Please reply help me to find out and give some tips as well!
My nipples are paining from last 2days very badly. My boyfriend bit it and pulled it. Its was my first experience. Now its paining. I can't even wear my dress. When I move it pains. What should I do to reduce this pain? Please suggest.
My niece had protected sex which was incomplete though cus he dint put it in completely but he came. She also had an ipill as she was scared. A week later he came n then he fingered her but he dint touch his cim his fingers wer dry. She constantly fears of being pregnant all the time amd does not concentrate. She also sees a drop of white discharge from nipples while squzeeing even before she was with a guy. Is there any reason for her to worry cus if she continues she will go mad. Plis she is very sure she can not get pregnant but still fears. Also is the nipple discharge normal? Please help.
My wife Is suffering from stomach cancer stage4 and now vomits only blood no intake of food or drink not even medicine only survives on saline weight reduced from 75 kg to 40 kg. Age 65 years advise what to do.
Hi doctor my grandfather suffering from stomach cancer adenocarcinoma last stage. He has burning sensation in stomach. He is not taking chemo therapy. Would you suggest diet for this and he is taking more lemon. Is it good.
I am 62 years old from 4 years I have enlarged prostate. Due to this urine not empty in one go. It takes 3 or 5 strokes to clear but I do not have any pain when urinate. Which is good treatment without operation.
What are the known problems on after the treatment for cancer and what are the various treatment solutions for cancer.
Hello my age is 22 years recently I diagnose fibroadenoma in my both breast one is 4 cms doctor said that It will be safe remove from surgery remaining 8 are small lumps about 1 cm in both breasts I'm full sugar in future the small lumps (fibroadenoma) will turn too grow what precautions I should take to prevent this small lumps will go their own or they remain same how many days it will take to grow pizz what I should do I'm studying because of this I'm not concentrating on my studies.
I am suffering from bone cancer .so I can not get well treatment so. Anyone tell wht can I do. And suggested hospital.
Dear madam, I am suffering from stomach ache since so many years, earlier it was occasional once in 3 to 4 months, then recently it became continuous, till I had a pain killer. In 2014 in scanning they mentioned the issue is" prostate size is increased. Last year in another scan they said that" Mild fatty infiltration of liver, small para umbilical hernia 2.8cm contains part of bowel loop" Last month I had one more scan which says that" Grade 1 fatty liver, umbilical hernia detect size 24mm with herniation of omentum" As per the above reports, the size of the hernia decreased, but pain increased a lot. Is surgery is only solution to it? What problems I have to face due to fatty liver, how to overcome? Please advice!
I had uterine cancer scare in 2015. I had undergone hysterectomy. Though all the tests were negative for cancer I have developed a fobia of cancer. I always feel sick. My stomach aches all the time. N in dreams also I always see sickness or sick people. Most of the time myself .Is this neurological disorders. I try to remain happy n keep myself busy. But subconsciously I always see myself taking medication and injections. Please advice.
I am breastfeeding mother of 22 month old daughter. But feeds from left side only for few months as my right side breast produced less milk and nipple is small. Sometimes I have pain in my right breast. Is this a early sign of breast cancer? Please help.
I am a cancer patient going with radiology therapy every week is there any possibility to get rid of ir.
A prostate operation involves the removal of a part of the prostate gland or sometimes the removal of the entire prostate gland. Such a surgery is a serious one and several recovery tips must be followed by a patient to ensure quick and successful healing.
Here are some important tips for recuperating from a prostate operation:
- After the surgery, you need to spend up to three days in the hospital for initial recovery. You might be given fluids, which go directly into your veins until you fully recover from anesthesia.
- After the operation, normal urination will be disrupted in the beginning, as the urethra stays swollen. Urinating gets a little difficult and uncomfortable for a few days after the removal of the catheter.
- You may feel fatigued and may feel under the weather for some weeks after a prostate operation. So you must take things easy for at least two months.
- Avoid lifting or moving heavy objects for some weeks following the surgery. Do not perform any exercise, which causes strain. You should ask your friends and family members to carry out chores for you.
- After becoming slightly stable you should start gentle exercises. Walking is an effective remedy, which helps in blood circulation and lowers the risk of getting blood clots in the legs.
- You should drink lots of water during the recovery stage. This will reduce the risk of getting a urinary tract infection and also help in clearing any trace of blood from your urine.
- For improving bladder control, you should perform several pelvic floor exercises.
- In case of any kind of pain, you can take over the counter painkillers to ease the pain.
- It will take you a time span of three to six weeks for total recovery after a prostate operation. You should consult a surgeon about the best time to return to normal daily activities.
- You can get back to work soon, but it depends on your nature of work. Office jobs are not much of a problem, but in case of physical labour, more time is needed before you can resume your duties.
- Activities such as driving can be started quite soon after initial recovery. However, it varies from person to person. Some people may get back to driving within two weeks while some may need a month.
- You have to wait for 6 to 8 weeks after a prostate operation before getting back to sexual activities.
- In case you experience high fever, pain during urination or the inability to urinate, you must consult your doctor immediately.
- It takes a person several weeks to recover from a prostate operation completely. Initially, total rest is required. But eventually, he can return to normal activities and lead a healthy life.