Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shaveta Gupta
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Shaveta GuptaYour feedback matters!
He had renal stones and he was operated he is also an hypertensive patient and now he is more interested in taking salt saying that he is having normal bp now and could you suggest him the dietary schedule of hypertensive patient? And how to prevent recurrence of renal calculi.
I'm using BP tablets regularly but I want to stop taking tablets, is any health problem happens in future?
My wife is suffering from BP . Sugar and partial blindness with right eye. Is it curable from which Dr .
I am suffering from heaviness of head and tickling eyes. High blood pressure. thyroid problem. Excess cholesterol. Drinks, tobacco. Chances of heart attack?
After walking a few distance my palpitation of heart gets very fast and then chest pain also starts I really didn't feel well please suggest me what to do?
Hi .My age is 49 and have hyper tension but in complete control. Non alcoholic, no smoking, health weight and exercise regularly. No cholesterol issues as well. Off late, noticed that my morning erections are not there for the last month or so and even y penis is not hard as before during erection. What could be the reason?
Have You Been Told to Reduce Your Salt Intake to Reduce Bp?
Yes, you must have been but you probably have not been told how to reduce salt intake the right way.
The fact is that when we eat too much salt (sodium), our bodies will hold on to more water. This increases the amount of blood flowing through our veins and arteries which increases blood pressure.
So How to Reduce Salt Intake Properly?
- Roughly 80% of the salt we eat is hiding in processed foods like bread, biscuits and breakfast cereals, and prepared ready meals or takeaways. Only 20% comes from the salt we add while cooking or at the table.
- Salt used in daily cooking is a must. It contains sodium which is needed to retain our body's water, enable our cell walls to draw in nutrients and most importantly control our heartbeat . Sodium is needed to maintain BP. So continue using table salt for cooking. Keep the biscuits, maggi and farsans out.
- Skip the salty snacks, baked goodies, and eat out less often.
- Choose to eat more fresh foods more often.
- Use the mineral rich 'kala namak' for one of the meals through the day. It is unprocessed and rich in iodine and also sodium, potassium, and iron.
Some Super Foods to Fight with Hypertension
-Banana alternate days
-Walnut 2 soaked with breakfast
-Spinach beetroot juice once in a day
-Poppy seed water early morning or 1 tsp. poppy seeds.
-Watermelon seeds with salad 1 tsp.
-2 garlic cloves