Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shavana
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShavanaYour feedback matters!
Indulging in intercourse daily certainly does come with benefits but overdoing the routine can result in various side-effects. According to most medical practitioners and sex-perts, doing it twice a day is considered optimum. Indulging in intercourse daily is a healthy option for couples as it comes with a variety of benefits:
- Reduces stress
- Promotes longevity
- Leads to an increase in blood circulation
- Helps one sleep better
- Improves your fitness level
What happens if you overdo it on a regular basis?
However, stretching it up to thrice is acceptable, but going beyond that number can prove to be harmful as sex is a physical activity which puts strain on your body and genitals. The penis has a resting period, which if not adhered to, can lead to extreme stress on the organ and erectile dysfunction in the long-run. Other than distress in the penis, having sex too many times can also cause soreness in the penis and painful muscle contractions during an orgasm. In women, over-indulging in intercourse can cause tears in the vaginal area which can prove to be very painful while urinating or foreplay the next time. Women are also prone to contracting urinary tract infection, if they indulge in this process too many times. This is the reason why clearing the bladder for women is recommended.
The final verdict
However, sex-perts also believe that is very important for couples to embrace and indulge in this process as physical intimacy and satisfaction plays an important role in sustaining the relationship for a long time. Not having sex for extended periods of time might result in depression and your partner might start looking for other options. Thus, having sex once or twice a day is completely normal and encouraged but for a healthy and sustainable sex life, you should refrain from doing it too many times a day.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
There can be phases when your sex libido fluctuates and can reach low that your partner can feel the difference and be concerned. Such lows can be temporary and can be dealt with finding ways to boost your sex drive. One such that gives a booster shot to your libido are foods that will help you keep the spice of life alive. Here is a list of few effective foods that can potentially increase your sex drive.
- Cloves: This modest kitchen ingredient is an absolute versatile option when you are willing to use it as kitchen ingredient. You may brew it in any broth or add it to tea or cook an exotic dish with it. In the Indian subcontinent, cloves have been in use for centuries for treating male sexual dysfunction. Research suggests that cloves are used for treating bad breath and therefore, you should try to add cloves to your daily diet. You can also add cinnamon and cumin to your daily food which can together act as an aphrodisiac.
- Watermelon: Chocolate is regarded as an age-old aphrodisiac for people with sweet tooth. But researchers show that though there are ingredients such as phenylethylamine which can surge the endorphin and serotonin levels, there is no direct link in between chocolate and sexual performance. Therefore, if you are really on a lookout for boosting your sex drive, you can rely on a slice of watermelon every day. Though 92 percent of watermelon constitutes water, the rest 8 percent comprises of hordes of nutrients which are vital for your sexual health. Watermelon has certain ingredients that can deliver similar effects as Viagra in human blood vessels while aiding to increase libido. The phytonutrient called citrulline which is converted by arginine which is an amino acid that helps in boosting nitric oxide levels in the body. Peaches also act as an aphrodisiac that can surge your love hormones.
- Eggs: Be it fried or scrambled or poached or deviled, eggs can rev up your stamina no matter how you prepare it. Eggs contain copious amounts of protein which is a good source of stamina and is low in calories. Moreover, amino acid L-arginine is effective in curing various types of erectile dysfunction and heart diseases.
- Saffron: Though it has a high price tag attached to it, this is a perfect treat for both stomach health and sex life. Soaking a few threads of saffron in warm milk for around 15 minutes and drinking it can help in boosting your sex drive. You can also add the mixture to any grain like barley, rice, and quinoa or you may also use it in stew and soup.
Foods have been long used to boost sex drive, and the best part is that you need not turn any stone for getting these foods. The ingredients are easily available, and you can remain assured that these foods can help you spruce up your sex life. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!