Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shashi SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am having a one year old baby boy. He is not eating anything besides needed milk by his mother. What should we do?
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
My baby is 5 month old having Pulmonary atresia with Vsd, one BT shunt operation has been done pls suggest if full correction is possible without open heart surgery. Kuldeep Verma9810881171.
High fever is common in kids and a common worry for parents as well. If you are a parent, you need to know when the fever is serious, and when you should worry about it. Fever is a defence mechanism of the body. Body temperature rises if any foreign body (or antigen) attacks your body. As a defence, body temperature rises making it an unfavourable condition for the antigen. Fever means 100.4 degree Fahrenheit. Normally for kids, thermometer is placed under the armpit to record the temperature. You need to add an extra degree for accuracy. Paediatricians recommend treatment for fever if it's more than 101 degree F.
When to Call a Doctor
If the kid is less than 4 months old and has a fever of 100.4 degree F with other mentioned symptoms as highlighted, one must see the doctor as an emergency situation.
If a kid has 104 degree F fever, rush to the doctor. Such a high fever in children could lead to seizers.
You must call a doctor if the kid has a fever along with the following symptoms:
- Looks very dizzy
- Has a deteriorated immune system or even any other medical condition
- Has a seizure
- Has symptoms such as rashes, painful throat, annoyance, rigid neck or ear pain
Medication Side Effects:
At times, if you treat your children with some medication that does not suit them, it may lead to high fever. In case fever in a kid aged less than 2 years lasts for more than one day, it's time to see a doctor. And lastly, remember that normal body temperature is 98.6 degree F.
Hello Doctors, Our friend having 3 months boy baby (Pre Mature Baby) and we are observing like past 4 days he is having issue with MOTION like unable to deliver motion so kindly request you to suggest. Tomorrow we are planning to consult pediatric doctor parallel. Thanks.
My son is 5 year old and he is suffering frequently with cold and cough then fever. every time we go to out doctor he prescribe three days dose of antibiotic and sinarest. He find this is happening because of the toncilis. pls advice as three days dose gives him relief for temporarily and again and again same thing is happening. this time we discussed with the doctor about the same and he changed the antibiotic and said this is due to the weather.
My son is 11 year old, and doing swimming daily around 2 hours, he feel tiredness but he doesn't eat well. What should I give him to stay active and healthy. He always left behind in his age group even smaller than him.
Hello. My younger son is 4 months 15 days old. He just started rolling and rolled only once. His bit th weight is 3.5 kgs. But he is still 6.5 kgs ,looks like tiny baby and not chubby at all. I had severe chickenpox at 6 month of pregnancy. Has this affected?
Plz suggest any vit d syrup for my 4 months old daughter. As I am giving her A Z drop DEPURA IS THIS ENOUGH OR I SHOULD CHANGE. please DOCTORS HELP ME.
My daughter is one year four month old. I am still confused as what food to give her so please suggest any healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner for her healthy and normal growth?
My son in law aged 2.5 years he is not eating food daily instead eating biscuits and lays ,he is addicted to biscuits. What should I do him to eat food. Sugest some tips.
Here are some tips on root canal treatments and dental implants
My grand son is 16 months, diag rickets, 25-oh vit d3 - 8.8, cal 8.51, phosphorus 4.0, APD 999. Without support can not sit from bed can not standup. He walk when made standup, what to do for his cure.
The problem is rooted in brain chemistry, not discipline. In fact, overly strict parenting - which may involve punishing a child for things he can't control - can actually make ADHD symptoms worse.
Professional interventions, such as drug therapy, psychotherapy, and behavior modification therapy, are usually required - follow child psychiatry n learn more.
Whether you have a toddler or a teen, I believe, five of the best strategies to improve nutrition and encourage smart eating habits in kids would be :
1. Have regular family meals.
2. Serve a variety of healthy foods and snacks.
3. Be a role model by eating healthy yourself.
4. Avoid battles over food.
5. Make eating a playtime and probably a way of spending quality time with your kids.involve them in the process.
Kids who take part in regular family meals are also:
- more likely to eat fruits, vegetables, and grains
- less likely to snack on unhealthy foods
- less likely to smoke, use marijuana, or drink alcohol
You could Follow these basic guidelines:
1. Work fruits and vegetables into the daily routine, aiming for the goal of at least five servings a day.
2. Make it easy for kids to choose healthy snacks by keeping fruits and vegetables on hand and ready to eat. Other good snacks include low-fat yogurt, peanut butter and celery, or whole-grain crackers.
3. Serve lean meats and other good sources of protein, such as fish, eggs, beans, soya, tofu.
4. Choose whole-grain breads and cereals so kids get more fiber.
5. Limit fat intake by avoiding fried foods and choosing healthier cooking methods, such as broiling, grilling, roasting, and steaming. Choose low-fat or nonfat dairy products.
6. Limit fast food and low-nutrient snacks, such as chips and candy. But don't completely ban favorite snacks from your home. Instead, make them "once-in-a-while" foods, so kids don't feel deprived.
7. Limit sugary drinks, such as soda and fruit-flavored drinks. Serve water and low-fat milk instead.
And above all ----- Be a Role Model Yourself!
The best way for you to encourage healthy eating is to eat well yourself.!!!!
That's all for now, for my next dose(article) ...stay tuned!