Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shashi SharinYour feedback matters!
My sis. Age 13 often have a habit of sudden fall down and become unconscious for some time. She have normal BP . So is there any solution for this. Pls help.
During periods I get too much of stomach pain and back pain. Is there any treatment for this problem.
Insulin pumps. An insulin pump can improve blood glucose control and quality of life with fewer hypoglycemic episodes than multiple injections. The pumps correct for the “dawn phenomenon” (sudden rise of blood glucose in the morning) and allow quick reductions for specific situations, such as exercise. Many different brands are available.
The typical pump is about the size of a beeper and has a digital display. Some are worn externally and are programmed to deliver insulin through a catheter in the skin or the abdomen. They generally use rapid-acting insulin, the most predictable type. They work by administering a small amount of insulin continuously (the basal rate) and a higher dose (a bolus dose) when food is eaten.
Many adults, adolescents, and school children use insulin pumps. Studies indicate that even very young children (ages 2 - 7 years) can successfully use insulin pumps and that the pumps may help improve blood sugar control.
The catheter at the end of the insulin pump is inserted through a needle into the abdominal fat of a person with diabetes. Dosage instructions are entered into the pump's small computer, and the appropriate amount of insulin is then injected into the body in a calculated, controlled manner.
Learning to use the pump can be complicated, although over time most patients find the devices are fairly easy to use. To achieve good control, patients and parents of children must undergo some training. The patient and doctor must determine the amount of insulin used -- it is not automatically calculated. This requires an initial learning period, including understanding insulin needs over the course of the day and in different situations and knowledge of carbohydrate counting. Frequent blood testing is very important, particularly during the training period.
Insulin pumps are more expensive than insulin shots and occasionally have some complications, such as blockage in the device or skin irritation at the infusion site. In spite of early reports of a higher risk for ketoacidosis with pumps, more recent studies have found no higher risk.
It's anything but difficult to make a hasty judgment when you understand your period is late. In case you're attempting to conceive, you may have this feeling of incredulity. And if you're not, you may feel frustrated or disarrayed in the event that you know it is highly unlikely you could be pregnant. The truth of the matter is, however, the vast majority naturally consider pregnancy at whatever time a period is late, it may be the case that — or one of the numerous different conceivable outcomes. Here's a summary of the common causes behind a missed period:
- PREGNANCY: Sometimes when you miss your period, the cause maybe exactly what you think- you could be pregnant! The initial symptoms of pregnancy such as bloating of the stomach, cramping of stomach, and tenderness in breasts can resemble the feeling that you get before your periods; may create confusion whether you are actually pregnant or if your periods are a little delayed. If your periods are delayed for over 10 days, then it is better to take a home pregnancy test.
- STRESS: Stress can have several effects on your body such as headaches, acne, weight gain and other issues. Stress can also make you miss your periods. When you are stressed, your body synthesizes stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline. These elevated levels force your brain to differentiate between essential and nonessential functions of the body. The blood supply to the muscles of the body can increase while systems such as the digestive system or the reproductive system can be subdued. This results in delayed period.
- PCOS: Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is a condition that causes the body to produce more of the male hormone, androgen. Cysts form on the ovaries as a result of this hormone imbalance. This can make ovulation irregular or stop it altogether. Other hormones, such as insulin, can also get out of balance, due to insulin resistance, which is associated with PCOS. Treatment of PCOS focuses on relieving symptoms. Your doctor may prescribe birth control or other medication to help regulate your cycle.
- EXCESSIVE EXERCISE: Working out and maintaining fitness is a great thing to do; although when you overdo it, it restricts your body from producing enough oestrogen, the hormone that helps in completing your menstrual cycle. Thus professionals such as ballet dancers, athletes and gymnasts face a higher chance of suffering through amenorrhea (missing periods) for 3-4 months. Also if you work out too much without consuming enough calories, it can cause disruptions.
- ILLNESS: When your body is battling a disease such as common cold or even fever, your brain starts concentrating on the functions that are important for the body. This can contribute to missing your period.
- WEIGHT: If you lose excessive amount of weight without maintaining a good diet, you can deprive your body from producing oestrogen that helps build up the uterine lining. The same thing happens with eating disorders such as bulimia or anorexia. On the contrary, if you are obese, it can result in over-production of oestrogen that can stop your ovulation in totality. This may lead to heavy, irregular periods. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I got my periods on 4th jan 2016. N I hve sex wit my bf on 12th same month. But he use condom. So on 29th same month I started my periods. Y whats the reason? please help m so tense.
I am 29 years old female. I am looking for some good multivitamin tonic. As I am a normal eater. Not eating more vegetables and fruits. Can someone suggest a multivitamin tonic for me. So that I will get multivitamins for my body.
I had my first intercourse on 5th midnight. I started bleeding after 6 hours of my first intercourse. It has been 2 days and I am changing two pads a day. My last periods were on 10th june to 14th june. I am confused whether it is my periods or vaginal bleeding. I felt a bit dizzy jst after sex when I tried to walk. So is there a possibility that I started bleeding internally that moment?
Why to follow homeopathic approach?
Hello! A warm welcome from ‘The homeopathic clinic’, I am Dr. Amit, consulting homeopath practicing since last 12 years. We have three clinics at Bhandup, Thane and Khar. Currently I am practicing in all the three places with my colleagues and co doctors. We have been practicing homeopathy since last years. Now many of you must not be aware about homeopathy. Homeopathy is a branch of science which has come out of allopathy. A lot of allopath doctors found a lot of difficulty in treating some cases completely. They found once an asthmatic patient is always an asthmatic patient, once an allergic patient is always an allergic patient, so this made them think that there should be something different so they came out with this beautiful science called homeopathy.
Homeopathy is a branch where we consider your total symptoms, right from your physical complains to your mental nature to the diseases you suffered in the past and we treat you holistically. Holistically treating helps you in improving your immunity, remove your diseases completely, and thereby curing you permanently. Nowadays we have seen people at early age develop dreadful diseases like diabetes, hypertension, cholesterol, thyroid and hormonal dysfunctions. All these are effects of stress which deteriorates our immunity. Modern medicine has got very good effects in these. Modern medicines means allopathic medicines are very good in treating these cases. But the problem with the modern medicines is that it is able to control these diseases but there is no permanent cure of these diseases. But we have good scope of homeopathy along with the modern medicines in these types of cases like cholesterol, diabetes, or thyroid, even menstrual disorders.
So a lot of these cases we have treated with homeopathy. Homeopathy is right for people of all the ages, right from a child of 2 months of age to an old person of 80 years of age, and both the sexes- male, female, it is effective for all the people. It is completely without any side effects. There is no side effect. There are some myths that homeopathy has got steroid, so there are no steroids in it also. So you can completely go for homeopathy. I am sure homeopathy will help you grow with your immunity and thereby make you focus in your life too so that you are healthy and you can focus on your other activities of life, your growth in life and enjoy the life with your family.
For further information if you need to contact us or you want to visit any of our clinic you can contact us through Lybrate.
Doctor, I am 29 year old male. I had sex with 22 year old girl. We have not used precautions during sex. During sex she consumed ipill. After 4 days she is having a white discharge coming out. Is this the symbol of pregnancy. I am really worried Doctor. Kindly reply to this question.
I am having sex with my gf this month for first time I'll use condom as protection but I am still worry to be safer side I wanna give her contraceptive pill also so please tell me how tat pill should be used and for one time only or how many days continuously she has to take tat tablet for not getting pregnant at all at any cost, because I don't want to take any chance please guide me correctly so tat I can follow tat method with her but let me be sure tat she will not get pregnant at all.
I am 20 years old, female, I had sex with my fiancé and as the condom broke I had to take contraceptive pill and I got my periods on the same day and it's been 10 days and it's continuing even now with heavy bleeding. What should I do?
My wife is trying to conceive for the last three years. We have spoken to many doctors and have undergone various tests which shows the reports of husband and my wife is perfectly fine We are not able to know the exact reason for this. Pls advice us for the same. She has undergone the Iuv tests also for 4 times. Looking forward.
I am planning for a child but in vain and my periods are also not regular and sometimes not getting. As I work for 10 hrs shift so I am out for approx 12 hours and very tired. Please advice any medicine or procedure to get pregnant and conceive?
Hi. My periods date is 31st August last month. It has been little irregular from past 2 months. Although it should now happen again around 31 September I am getting a feel that it's going to happen now again because of cramps etc. I'm travelling outside. I want to delay it. Prescribe some medicine. Also tell me if periods not going to happen now after I stopped medication period wll come around 31 only is it? Please help urgently.
Im a 22 old girl. I hv a heavy breast. Im looking ugly. How can I get 28 size breast as soon as possible.
For past three months my wife had 45 day cycle. But we use the test pregnancy test after 40 days only. This month she is on her 33 days. Should we test on 35th day to see results. Please help. Before Marriage she is having normal cycle only.
My son 13 years old he is suffering form Hereditary Neuropathy is it curable in Ayurveda please help me & suggest me
Seasonal changes are usually a time when we need to take extra precautions to ensure that we do not end up catching any bacteria that may lead to infections or influenza as well as allergic reactions. Common cold and flu is a common occurrence during such times. Seasonal changes are usually known to cause flu and cold, which can also come with chills, sneezing, cough and fever.
Here are a few homeopathic medicines and remedies that can be used during this season.
- Aconite: This medicine is especially helpful when there is fever after sudden exposure to dipping temperatures. Once the cold starts to affect the patient, this medicine must be taken so that congestion is prevented. It can also be used when initial symptoms like tingling and burning sensations in the nose start.
- Arsenicum: This medicine can be used during harsh winters and can be prescribed for stopping the discharge from the nostrils. It can also help in treating congestion and severe cold. If sneezing fits do not reduce, one can have this medicine. It also relieves burning sensation in the throatand nose, as well as fever.
- Allium Cepa: When the discharge from the nose is cold and heavy as well as thin, it can be cured with the help of Allium Cepa. Persistent discharge is one of the symptoms for which this medicine is usually prescribed. Also, this medicine helps patients who experience cough and discharge once they step out of a warm room.
- Euphrasia: When the top part of the respiratory mucous membrane is affected, this medicine can be used. It is also helpful when there is soreness in the nostrils and lips. Also, yellow and acrid discharge from the nostrils can be cured with this medicine. Dryness and pain is also one of the symptoms for which this medicine may be prescribed.
- Gelsemium: When the cold first starts and begins to manifest as headaches, this medicine can be used so that it breaks up the cold effectively. Also, dullness and weakness due to oncoming fever can be checked with this medicine. Further, a sore throat can be treated with this medicine. Excessively warm weather that leads to a cold can be treated with Gelsamium too.
- Nux Vomica: If you have caught a cold from damp and cold weather conditions, the doctor can prescribe Nux Vomica. This effectively treats cold symptoms likedry nose, minimal discharge and a tickling sensation in the nose.
- Mercurius: This medicine can be prescribed to treat frontal sinuses that may be suffering due to the flu. Violent sneezing and excessive sweating can be cured with this medicine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathic doctor.