Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Shashi RakhejaYour feedback matters!
Both women and men suffer from infertility troubles. There are a host of causes that may lead to infertility in men such as lifestyle choices and obesity. Male infertility is characterized by irregular sperm function or reduced sperm count. Infertility has emerged as a common problem as a result of the modern day lifestyle. Extremely hectic schedules, stress, burnout, depression, unhealthy diets; all of these can contribute to fertility issues.
The various reasons for infertility in men are:
- If you are overweight, then it is time to lose those extra kilos. Obesity leads to a number of health problems, one of them being erectile dysfunction.
- Various hormonal problems such as complications of the hypothalamus, pituitary and adrenal glands may lead to low testosterone levels in the body.
- Various infections such as inflammation of the testicles and epididymis that causes blockage of the tubes carrying the sperm can be a cause.
- Various medications such as using anabolic steroids, antifungal medications and chemotherapy may hamper production of the sperm and thus hit fertility.
- Both alcohol and cigarettes may cause problems in sperm production, and cause erectile dysfunction. Excessive drinking may lead to complications in the liver resulting in infertility.
The reasons of infertility may range from medical causes to lifestyle choices; some of the causes may be related to the environment. A common cause of infertility is due to problems with transportation of the sperm. These are mainly due to blockages in the tubes that carry the sperm.
Symptoms of infertility in men are:
- You may experience low libido
- Your sperm count may be low
- You may experience lumps or swellings in the testicles
- Chromosomal complications such as reduced body hair
- You may have chronic respiratory problems
Hi. I have an gynecological problem. M suffering from irregular menstrual cycle and poly cysts. What should I do? And I have many flat moles on my face. How they can be removed.? And tell me how can i increase the volume of my hairs. And how to slim hip and thigh? please suggest.
My friend and her boyfriend had unprotected sex on the 24th and 25th day of her cycle, where usual cycle are in a range of 25-29. She hasn't got her periods till date and also afraid that is there any chance of being pregnant.
I am 45 years old, I am having a fibroid having the size if 6mm in side my utrus. Whether I can cure this by medicine
My wife has an ovarian cyst in left about 3 cm in diameter. Can I have unprotected sex. kya pregnancy ho sakti hai. Pregnancy me koi dikkat to nahi hai. .plz help me. .
Sir I had done sex before marriage n I had taken i-pills also many a times. Because of sex my seal n layer has been broken. N now my marriage is going to be held. Is there any duration dat on first night my husband cannot come to know about my pre sex. Is there something in medical that seal n layer can be cured again.
I had sex 2 days ago with my husband. During sex the condom broke and he quickly changed the condom, it was a matter of split second. I went to urinate so as to wash away any sperm that might have escaped from the broken condom. However he is not sure whether he ejaculated or not. I do want to take any contraceptive pills due to their long term side effects. My cycle was started on 16th and ended at 20th of December 2016. What should I do? Are there any chances of pregnancy?
A friend of mine is not having periods nd she is 19 years old, is it ok? What is the average age of girls to have periods. Please suggest some homemade treatment.
Hi, I had done my follicular study and on 15 th my follicular size is 21.8 doc give me shot of 10000 iu to rupture it. And I had intercourse with my husband on 16 th around 3 pm. And egg rupture in 17th around 9 am .My question is there any possibility of preg. as doctor advised me to have relationship on 17 the day egg has rupture and the very next day on 18But due to some reason we had relationship on 16th before the egg rupture nd no intercourse after that. And I have pcod and am taking bigomet sr 500 twice daily nd bharglob injection on every 21 day because of multiple miscarriage at 7 weeks because of no heartbeat.
Ashwini 24 years unmarried I'm suffering from pcod since 8 years tried many treatments but no use I request you to suggest me a good treatment for my health issue Thankyou.
I would like sex very much when im sex with my girlfriend I was tension about pregnancy so suggest me the dates when im doing sex to avoid pregnancy.
My mother had breast fed my sister with the cream for nipple crack once. My sister vomited after that. This incident took place 21 years ago. Can it have any effect on my sister in the present?
A fairly common disorder, which affects the intestines, irritable bowel syndrome affects many adults across the world. If you are suffering from this disorder then you would have problems with bowel movements, mostly the irregularity of it. Sometimes you may suffer from constipation, other times you may suffer from diarrhea and the type of stool will also vary often between thin and hard or soft and liquid.
Common symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome
Some of the common symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome or IBS are as follows:
- Constipation or diarrhea, the latter of which can become quite severe during certain episodes
- Gas or bloating which can make you uncomfortable
- Cramping around the stomach area especially the lower belly which tends to become worse after having food and better after bowel movements
- Quality of stools may vary quite a lot from time to time such as very hard to lose
- Stomach may start sticking out and become misshapen
- May also come with sexual as well as urinary problems
Causes of Irritable bowel syndrome
The causes for irritable bowel syndrome vary from person to person. This disorder usually has triggers and yours may be different from someone else suffering from the same problems. However some general triggers and causes could be:
- Hormonal problems:This is especially the case with women who tends to suffer From IBS more than men. Hormonal changes in the body such as before and after pregnancy and menopause or periods are known to be common.
- Dietary causes: This is one of the major external triggers that have been reported by people. A variety of foods are known to have triggered or cause IBS. Some of the foods that have been implicated are beans, chocolate, cauliflower, cabbage or milk among many others.
- Underlying illnesses:Sometimes IBS itself may be a symptom of a larger underlying problem such as gastrointestinal disorders, such as bacterial overgrowth and gastroenteritis.
- Mental health and Stress issues:People going through psychological stress such as before exams or reviews have known to have IBS as stress becomes a trigger in their case. If you have mental health issues in the long run, these are also known to trigger or cause IBS.
Some of the treatment options for IBS are:
- Mental health counseling
- Medications for bowel spasms
- Medications for diarrhea or constipation
- Specialized medications for IBS for other underlying conditions
Fitness Info - To Stay Fit
To maintain healthy eating habits build strength gain muscle mass lose fat and to enhance endurance
A. Food fuels the body and without proper nutrition there would be setbacks. Eat organic food as much as possible to maintain balanced diet which consists of fruits vegetables complex carbohydrates complete proteins and fats including fish oils and flax seeds
B. Cook healthy bake grill steam or sauté rather than breading and deep frying
C. Sleep deprivation can lead to low energy levels compromised mental strength and poor recovery from workouts. And have seven to eight hours of sleep.
D. Burn calories by taking simple steps such as standing up more at work, taking stairs instead of elevator and parking car away from the office, walk briskly whenever possible.
E. Muscle tissue grows when you give body time to relax and recover following workouts. Hence rest is very important.
I am 46 years old. I have BULKY uterus about 126*63*55 mm. Without operation I want any solution for this. Thank You.
I have a fibrodenema in my right breast and when the doctor's suggested me to leave as it is as there no harm. But I am confused if you should operate it or leave as it is. Please advise me on this.
Hello. I am 16 years old and I am a girl. I weight 65 kgs, I checked my weight on january 1st, 2017. Is it healthy?
These days, infertility is a rising problem. The branch of gynaecology has successfully discovered a variety of procedures, which are helpful in conceiving in an artificial manner. These are known as Artificial Reproductive Techniques (ARTs). Artificial insemination is one of them. It is often termed as intrauterine insemination, which is used as an effective treatment of infertility worldwide.
This process helps the couple in conceiving by inserting the sperm directly into the womb of the woman. These days, most of the couples who are unable to conceive prefer to go through this process rather than going for adoption. One of the major reasons behind the immense popularity of this treatment procedure is its good success record.
There are several risks associated with this process that one should know before opting for this procedure for having a baby of their own.
Multiple births because of fertility medication: When the process of artificial insemination is carried out by using the fertility medication, there are immense chances that the mother gives birth to more than one child at a time. It can be twins or even triplets. The problem associated with multiple births is that it might contribute to complications like miscarriage or premature delivery. In case of multiple births, babies are usually not healthy and they are more prone to die in the first week of birth, which is very unfortunate for the parents. Gestational diabetes is also one of the consequences that can affect the mother during pregnancy.
Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome: It is not a common issue, but potentially a very serious complication. In some cases, the ovaries of a woman get swollen because of the fertility medication given during the artificial insemination process. Swelling causes symptoms like nausea, abdominal cramps, vomiting and bloating. Usually, the symptoms of OHSS include shortness of breath and chest pain that occur four to five days after the use of fertility medication. One should immediately contact the doctor, in case they notice similar kinds of symptoms during their fertility treatment.
In most of the cases when the doctor is unable to figure out the reason behind the infertility of a couple, the only alternative they suggest is the process of artificial insemination. Artificial insemination is quite an affordable and non-invasive method fertility treatment, which is preferred by thousands of couples every year. There are certain risks in this medical process and it is recommended to consult an expert gynaecologist.