Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shashi PrabhaYour feedback matters!
I have noticed blood in urine from last few days and have a burning sensation too. And periods also heavy bleeding. Please advice. My age is 50 years.
Hi sir my wife 45 days pregnant is confirmed urine hug test positive so can I do sex her is safe are not and pregnancy is confirmed are not.
Metabolic syndrome refers to a group of conditions that occur together and increase your chances of developing stroke, diabetes, and heart problems. This set of conditions includes high blood sugar, abnormal levels of cholesterol, abdominal fat, and high blood pressure. More importantly, having just any one of these conditions doesn't mean that you suffer from this problem.
What really brings about this condition?
Experts are still not sure as to what causes the development of this condition; the causes and risk factors can be manifold.
Some of the causes can be:
1. Insulin resistance - A hormone produced by the pancreas in your body, insulin plays the vital role of helping your body to use the glucose as fuel. The problem of insulin resistance causes your body to produce more of this hormone so as to tackle the rising glucose levels in your body. Closely connected to excess belly fat, it causes the development of diabetes.
2. Overweight or obesity - Instances of obesity can also cause you to develop metabolic syndrome. More specifically, abdominal obesity can see your prospect increasingly significantly. It can bring about problems like insulin resistance and other associated conditions.
3. Abnormal hormone levels - Even the behavior of hormones can affect your chances of developing this health condition. For example, the hormonal disorder like PCOS can cause metabolic syndrome.
4. Unhealthy lifestyle - Having too much of processed foods without an adequate amount of physical activity can increase your prospects of developing metabolic syndrome. Eating a heart-healthy diet, which is rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fish can help to curb this problem.
How to identify this health condition?
When it comes to symptoms, this group of disorders doesn't reveal any specific signs but symptoms associated with individual health conditions that make up this group. You can come across signs like an increased waistline, or symptoms associated with diabetes like increased urination, a thirsty feeling, blurred vision, and fatigue.
Nonetheless, you're said to suffer from this problem if you exhibit these characteristics:
- Abdominal obesity marked by waist size of over 40 inches in men and 35 inches in women
- Triglyceride levels of 150 and above
- Blood pressure levels of 130/85 and above
- Fasting blood sugar measuring 110 and above
- Good cholesterol levels less than 50 in women and 40 in men
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am now 7 months pregnant, to me daily early morning some 3,4 drops white water is coming out .Its normal or any problem, please suggest me.
Endometriosis is a condition where the endometrial tissue lining the womb, grows outside the urethral lining. This can cause severe pelvic pain and a host of other complications, if it is not treated on time.
Here is everything you need to know about this ailment:
Symptoms: Owing to the location of this tissue and its painful protrusion through the lining or walls of the womb, one of the earliest and most painful symptoms experienced may include severe cramps and pain during the menstrual cycle. Also, the patient will experience pain in the lower abdomen region about a week before the onset of the cycle. Heavy bleeding as well as infertility may be experienced in such cases too. Sexual intercourse will also give rise to pain in the region, while discomfort will be felt during the bowel movements. Pain in the lower back will also be experienced throughout the menstruation period.
Stages: There are several stages of this disease and its progression, each of which will require a different form of treatment. These four stages usually depend on the location, size, depth and number of the endometrial implants within the body of the patient.
- Minimal Stages: In this stage, usually there will be small wounds and lesions as well as shallow implants on the ovaries. Inflammation in the pelvic cavity can also be felt in this stage.
- Mild Stage: In this stage, there will also be light lesions and shallow implants which will spread over the ovaries as well as the pelvic lining.
- Moderate Stage: In this stage, the implants will dig deeper into the ovaries and the pelvic lining, which will result in the growth of even more lesions.
- Severe Stage: As the name suggests, in this stage the patient will experience deep implants along with lesions in the bowels and the fallopian tubes.
Treatment: There are varied forms of this treatment including pain relief medication for minimal to mild stage patients. Also, hormonal therapy with the help of supplements may be prescribed. Hormonal contraceptives may also be used. In such cases, medication like Danazol, Medroxyprogesterone, Gonadotripin releasing hormone agonists, and other such elements may be prescribed. Conservative surgery and radical surgery may follow, depending on the severity of the condition. Laparoscopy is the preferred form of treatment in such cases.
A hysterectomy can be conducted as a final resort where the surgeon will remove the cervix as well as the uterus of the patient. This will make pregnancy impossible for the patient, thereafter. To stem estrogen production, the ovaries will also be removed.
One must discuss all risks and complications before going in for a certain form of treatment for this ailment.
Hello Dr. It's almost one year and 2 months since we got married and we are trying for baby for last six months, our sexual health are fine in terms of my erection and her periods etc But only thing is we are having intercourse only twice in a week, cos of our work timings Any tips for us to get a good news soon!
Sir I was suffering from herpes 7 months before. Now some time their is small etching problem on private part. Please tell me their is some thing serious or not.
Last periods were on 10aug- 15aug. Had UNPROTECTED sex on 27th august and took ipill 6 hours after intercourse. Started bleeding on 1st September and bleeding continued for 4 days. Had a urine pregnancy test on 18 september which came NEGATIVE Again had a test on 25 September that also came NEGATIVE. Do we still have to worry about pregnancy and we don't want any pregnancy. Please help and answer as soon as possible.
Bipolar disorder is also known as manic depression. This usually sets in low and high moods in a person along with changes in energy and sleep.
People with bipolar disorder tend to have periodical changes; sometimes they are over happy and other times they might feel sad, depressed and hopeless. Between these changes they are normal. The highs and lows are considered as extreme poles of moods, thus the name bipolar disorder.
Manic term is used when a person with bipolar disorder is highly excited and feels confident. Also, feelings of irritability and recklessness along with irrationality might occur. Some people with mania might have a hallucinations that is they see and hear things that are not there, along with delusions.
The term hypomania is used to describe mild symptoms of mania, in which a person does not have hallucinations and delusions and the symptoms do not interfere with their daily life. Similarly, the term depressive is used to describe a person's time when they feel depressed or sad.
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder
- The highs and lows in a bipolar disorder do not follow any set pattern. One might feel manic or depressed for hours or days or weeks, months and even years together, before they actually switch to a happy mood. The severity depends from person to person and also changes with time by becoming less or more severe.
- Symptoms of mania or the high are extreme excitement, change from being happy to angry and irritable along with restlessness, speech is rapid with low concentration, less sleep and increased energy, grand plans, alcohol and drug abuse and impulsiveness.
- Symptoms of low or depressive phase are lethargy, worthlessness, feeling of sadness and hopelessness, lowered concentration, irritability, loss of sleep or excessive sleeping, loss of appetite and suicidal tendencies.
Diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder
- In case someone exhibits symptoms of bipolar disorder, then talking to a psychiatrist or a doctor helps. Doctors ask questions related to the mental illness and the associated concerns. Diagnosis is basically recognizing the symptoms of the person, whether they are due to some underlying cause or mood swings because of excessive alcohol. The symptoms have to be noted and the duration, for which they last along with the severity should all be noted. The most obvious symptoms are that of lows and highs in mood and changes in behavior, energy, sleep and thoughts.
- Consulting a doctor or talking to family and friends helps to differentiate the symptoms of bipolar disorder from unipolar disorder.
- Medicines that have mood stabilizers, such as lamotrigine, valproate, lithium, carbamazepine and antipsychotics such as olanzapine, quetiapine should be taken. Psychotherapy is also recommended.
I had my last periods on 18th october. I had an unprotected sex on the 17th day & I took unwanted 72 within 8 hrs, now I am vomiting today, what is the cause of this vomit, am I getting pregnant? Or it's a side effect of Unwanted 72?
I am 22 years old girl. I am suffering from pcos, thyroid, hair loss in scalp like hair thinning. My weight is 85kg. I used to follow diet.
Sir, I have two wifes and i am doing sex with both for their satisfactions, is it good or I have to take any precautions for doing sex with both. Please advise.
I am 26 years old. My period was due on 5 March and I have tried for a baby on 19 Feb. On 16 March, I bleed like periods but I had cramp on my abdomen. What is going on with me. Is this pregnancy symptoms? Should I go for pregnancy test?
Description : Planning your pregnancy is the most vital action that you may take for your baby’s health. Similarly, preconception counselling is as vital as your pregnancy. It helps you to devise a plan that can improve your chances of getting pregnant, and maintaining a healthy pregnancy. Also, caring for your health before you become pregnant will aid you learn about any risk factors and easily treat any medical problems that you may have before you become pregnant. Proper planning for your pregnancy before you conceive will help you make healthy choices for you and your baby. Preconception counselling plays a crucial role in preparing for your pregnancy. Couples with a history of recurrent early pregnancy loss, counselling is of particular importance because women are invariably more distressed and require reassurance that everything possible is being done to avoid future pregnancy losses.Preconceptional counselling is vital for all women of child bearing age because many pregnancies are unplanned, and risks of complications can be easily minimized by interventions before conception. Benefits of Pre Conceptional Counselling Make better chances for a successful pregnancy Make the body better for the forthcoming pregnancy Reduce risk factors Preferably preconceptional counselling should be done when a women is considering motherhood. The purpose of preconceptional counselling and care is to identify risk factors for adverse maternal or fetal outcome, edify and counsel the patient based on their specific needs, and indulge or stabilize medical conditions prior to conception in order to increase the prospects of successful outcomes. An awareness of the availability & advantages of Klik4cure will go a long way in improving the pregnancy outcome.Delightful pregnancy care commences before pregnancy. For obviously normal, fit couple planning a pregnancy there may be beneficial in discussing this with a specialized advisor. DrDeepika Solge will help you to understand your problems and accordingly can suggest a good treatment to you ensuring a delightful pregnancy further.Ayurveda has mentioned any herbs which can be used before conception to purify our body.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CHECK OUR WEBSITE www.klik4cure.com