Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shashi PrabhaYour feedback matters!
After cesarean operation I do not feel any sensation on my lower stomach and abdomen since 6 month. Is this pain normal and when I will feel my sensation in that area. I have also gain a lot of weight after cesarean operation. I didn't tie any belt in that area and now my stomach looks very big so please suggest any home remedies so that I can loose weight. Also my 6 month baby is on breast feeding.
Madam, I am 34 years women, I have thyroid for 3 months, I have one child, no periods regularly and face, legs big. Please suggest my problems.
I'll eat less but still putting on weight due to periods irregularities. Doctor suggested me to take thyroid test and the report came normal. Medication suggested is happened tablet 2 per day & m2 tone syrup twice a day. please help me.
Dear doctor, we are planning for pregnant and under going IUI. My wife has been given Estradiol vslerste tablet PROGYNOVA 2mg. Is it advisable to take that? I am asking this since web results advice to avoid this particular medicine when you try pregnant. Pls advice.
I had sex on 2nd and had emergency pill on 3rd. And again I had sex on 7th and had pill within 5hrs. Do I have any risk of getting pregnant?
What is Chancroid?
Chancroid is caused by the bacteria Haemophilus ducreyi. The bacteria usually attacks tissues and produce open sores which are termed as ulcers or chancroids. Both men and women are affected and the sores are usually found close to the external reproductive organs.
The ulcer might bleed and weep which produces contagious fluid. This can spread the bacteria during vaginal, anal, or oral sex. It can also spread from skin contamination. Thus it is a type of a venereal disease. Chancroids can be prevented by practicing safe sex practice.
Symptoms of Chancroid:
As both men and women can have chancroid, the symptoms may vary in both, but the initial symptoms begin one day to several weeks after contamination with the bacteria.
Symptoms in Men: A red, small bump on the genitals which usually changes to an open sore in a day or two. There can be ulcers on any area including the scrotum and penis.
Symptoms in Women: There might be 4 or more red bumps on the labia (folds covering the female genitals), thighs and between labia and anus. Once the bumps become open or ulcerated, they lead to a painful and burning sensation especially during bowel movements and urination.
Common Symptoms in Men and Women
The following symptoms can be seen:
The ulcers vary in size from 1/8 to 2 inches.
Ulcers present with having a soft center which is gray to yellowish ray, while the edges are sharp and defined.
There is pain while urinating and sexual intercourse.
Presence of swelling in the groin area (this is the area where the thigh and the lower abdomen meet).
In case the lymph nodes are swollen, they might break and lead to abscesses or pus collections. that often drain
Diagnosis of Chancroid:
Diagnosing of chancroid usually involves the collection of samples of the fluid which drain from sores. These samples are then sent to the laboratory for further investigations. Diagnosis through blood test is not possible yet. The doctor might also examine and assess the lymph nodes of the groin for pain and swelling.
Treatments of Chancroid:
Chancroid can be treated successfully with medication. The infection usually goes away without any treatment, but the medication only helps to accelerate the treatment with minimum scarring involved.
Treatment through Medication: Antibiotics are usually prescribed by the doctor to kill the bacteria responsible for the ulcers. Also, antibiotics reduce the chances of scarring.
Treatment through Surgery: In this the abscess of the lymph nodes which are painful and large can be drained. This decreases the pain and swelling, but might lead to slight scarring as the sore heals. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am suffering from pcod from the past four years. I have consulted many doctors but didnt worked for me. Because of pcod i am loosing my skin tone, hairs and gained too much of weight.
Hi doc i'm 25 years female. I had intercourse with my boyfriend almost 3 years ago. Now recently once had 7 months before the activity took place. My question is this after my marriage is my husband to be would know anything about it? Or is their any possibility to hide/remove the past mistakes.
Some people have a greater tendency to accumulate fat in specific areas of the body. Any amount of exercise or diet may not help in getting rid of this. In such cases, people can opt for liposuction, as it is a good option to get rid of this fat (usually in the upper arms, upper thighs, belly area and buttocks).
Liposuction is a term which literally means suctioning out the fat (lipo = fat). A blunt cannula (needle) is inserted into the body which sucks out the excessive fat. Laser or heat may be used in the target area to loosen the fat molecules, making it easier to remove them. Read on to know some of the other benefits of liposuction in addition.
1. Each person has a tendency to accumulate weight in different areas and may not be able to lose it with the required exercise and treatment. In these people, liposuction helps in losing fat and in improving body shape and contour.
2. Almost instantaneous results, as the procedure is done in a couple of hours. There could be mild swelling in the area that was treated, but that may not last for more than a week.
3. In people with lipomas, which are benign fatty tumours, liposuction can completely remove them.
4. In men with excessive female hormones, gynecomastia is common (breast development in men), which can be very embarrassing. Liposuction can rescue them and can help these men by providing a complete cure.
5. Prolonged effect on the person’s weight as the fat does not accumulate immediately. Also, the weight gained will be distributed evenly and not concentrated in one particular area.
6. It can be a good remedy for excessive sweating in the armpits and chafing in the thighs.
7. Maintaining it requires lifestyle modification like healthy eating and regular exercise, which most people tend to follow, as they have seen the wonderful results of having a good shapely body.
8. The procedure also removes a lot of inflammatory cells, which are responsible for chronic conditions like osteoarthritis and heart disease. By reducing the inflammatory cells, liposuction reduces the risks of these diseases.
9. Removing excessive fat in the midsection and abdominal area can improve posture and discomfort that is common in seated positions. It can also reduce back pain and discomfort due to improper postures.
10. Removing excess fat reduces the insulin requirements as there is less amount of fat and therefore sugar to burn. This reduces the onset of type 2 diabetes.
Liposuction is a quick fix to fat accumulation, but a detailed discussion with doctor on what to expect during and after the procedure should be the deciding factor, whether or not should you choose it.