Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Shashi JainYour feedback matters!
I suddenly catch Cold. It starts with itching of eyes and then some other things. Whqt should I do About it? And is it permanent allergy?
I have squint. I seek remedy without surgery such as glass to cover it from others what I should do?
My left eye has been itching for 2 days but now the left portion of the eye become red (yet I have not touched it), and it is continuously itching but not so much watering.
Three years ago, when I got Urine infection, my sugar levels went up. The Doctor gave Melmet SR. After few weeks, observed that the urine infection reduced and my sugar levels were within normal limits. Doctor stopped the medicines. Four months ago, I got eye infection and sugar levels were also up. When all the tests were done, the Doctor concluded that it was TB and started medication for both TB and eye infection. My question is do I need to continue Diabetes medicine or I can stop after my infection is reduced and consistently the sugar levels are under control for a few months?
My 2 year old son is diagnosed with simple myopic astigmatism. And the cover test shows orthophoria. Anterior and posterior segment is in normal limits. Refraction is -3.5×180 in left eye and -3.0×180 in right eye. How do you consider these complications and what is the way out for that. He was prescribed with contact lenses.
Sometimes.. My eyes becomes blur. And I can't see anything. Everything becomes blur. What may be the problem?
When I am having tension I can't see anything clearly. Sir please tell me how to solve this problem.
I am having headache, as well as eye pain. When I reading, tears come out. I am using glasses, power is minor and glasses are new. I changed them one month ago. Pain started from last night. Which medicine shall I take?
I am suffering from macula edema which is caused by uveitis. Now I am using nepafenac for cure but still no change. please help me what to do now?
Hello Doctors. From past few days (3-4 days) I am having a throat Pain (may be due to I consumed hot food with cold beverages), My eyes are having a burning sensation (may be due to over use of mobile and yeah I made a welding for my project work 3 days back) and I am unable to get a sleep (same past 4-5 days). I feel that my eyes are tired and need sleep but when I go to bed all I end up with is my brain not allowing me to sleep at all I can feel what's happening surrounding me even when my eyes are closed. Today I will be going to Industrial Visit for 6 days. Please prescribe me some medicines or drop a clinic address near bommanahalli, electronic city, jayanagar or JP nagar.
Doctor, From last 5 years or near about I have been suffering from multiple diseases. I don't know what happened but body till now is full of diseases like ringing in ear, swollen eyes from inside, stomach problem always, and hands, legs and each part seems like sunnpan. Contacted many doctors, had many tests but results are always positive. Twitching is there all over the body. I want to live did life doctor but how I can be free from these diseases is a problem. Please if you could help me. I will suicide in a year or so. if problems be like this always.
I am 33 years. Male. Sometimes my eyes got excessive red, sometimes during driving. Please suggest some home remedies. Also to improve eye sights.
Myth: It's best not to wear glasses or contact lenses all the time. Taking a break from them allows your eyes to rest.
Fact: If you need glasses or contacts for distance or reading, use them. Not wearing your glasses will strain your eyes and tire them out instead of resting them. However, it will not worsen your vision or lead to eye disease.
Eye Pain and Visibility Male, 36 Respected Doctors, 1. Im 36 years old male person. 2. I am a glaucoma patient and already had glaucoma and cataract surgery before an year. RIGHT EYE ONLY 3. After glaucoma and cataract combined surgery I am in more trouble. First vision is not so clear as earlier. And there is so much pain in my LEFT eye.
Allergic conjunctivitis is the result of a foreign particle (allergen) coming in contact with the eye. Once this happens, the immune system overreacts resulting into an inflammation of the eye. The eyes sore with pain. The over secretion of the histamine dilates the blood vessels causing the nerve to irritate and blood vessels of the eyes to expand. Some common reasons of allergic conjunctivitis include eye drops, pollen, dust mites, makeup and animal fur. The good news is that allergic conjunctivitis is easily treatable. Here are top five ways to deal with this condition:
- Taking care of the eye: It is advised not to wear contact lenses until the symptoms go away fully. If any medication is used, a person must wait for at least 24 hours before putting on the contact lenses. Sometimes our hands carry major pollens that result in allergic conjunctivitis. It is equally important not to rub the eye without washing both the hands. Many studies have also reported that frequent bathing of the eye with cold water helps to clear the symptoms quickly. Some even say that frequent splash of warm water does the trick.
- Avoid the allergen: Allergen being the villain behind the occurrence of this condition, it is very important to stay away from it. In peak pollen times, it makes sense to close the door. In case a person must go out, it makes sense to wear a sunglass. A pillow made of feathers should be changed every week to stay away from the infection. The number of dust mites at home should be decreased as much as one can.
- Antihistamines: To quickly get rid of allergic conjunctivitis, doctors often prescribe antihistamines. It can be in the form of eye drop or oral presentation. They can successfully counter the effect of histamine which the body produces because of the hyper activity of the immune system. An antihistamine can block the aggressive effect of the immune system in a short time. Some of the commonly prescribed histamines include loratadine, cetirizine, emedastine, and ketotifen. People taking this form of the medicine for the very first time should refrain from carrying heavy load or driving.
- Mast cell Stabilizers: These takes a little longer to act as compared to antihistamines. Their effects, however, are more lasting compared to its peers. Some of the popular mast cell stabilizers include nedocromil and lodoxamide. This medicine belongs to a non-steroid family and can successfully block the chemicals that cause inflammation.
- Corticosteroids: These medicines are only prescribed by doctors when the symptoms of allergic conjunctivitis are serious. They belong to the steroid family of medicine produced synthetically. They can reduce the immune response of the body quickly and reduce the swelling as well. They can have possible side-effects. It is therefore wise, to consult a doctor before using it. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!