Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shashi Gupta
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Shashi GuptaYour feedback matters!
Sir I am 25 years old and I want to marry a girl who is 5 months older than my age. My parents and relatives told me not to marry her as there are a lot of problems. Will marrying her affect our sexual ,mental and physical life?
This is regarding my wife's infertility. She had an IVF treatment. They were able to take out the egg but were unable to insert the embryo. They said she had a tube block. why there was no tube block while taking out the egg ?
Hello sir or mam, I am in the starting of 9th month pregnancy from 1st dec. I had gone for routine check up on 30. And doctor that fetal heart beat getting low as90 pm and sometimes it's normal then I took an ultrasound that was normal. Till 30 nov. Afternoon I was feeling proper movement of baby in my Womb. But from 1st December movements have been reduced so I am worried about it. Can you pls tell me the solution of my worries.
During pregnancy in 4 th month, came to know dat I have thyroid hormonal imbalance, my question is this hormonal imbalance will continue after delivery, and also my baby will also have any impact?
Dear doctors, I am suffering from urticaria and I am on medication from last 6 month. I am taking 1 AL on prescription. But now I am pregnant for about 7 month. I want to stop such allopathy medicines. I want to ask is there any medicine in Ayurveda that can cure urticaria safely so no side effects on my baby. Pls suggest. I have heard about mahamanjishthadi kwath. Is it effective in curing urticaria? And is it safe to consume in pregnancy? Plsease help.
My wife have taken unwanted 72, 7 days before. Now she had periods for 4 days and suffering from uti and also vomiting. Is she pregnant?
Gynaecological problems are all the disorders associated with the female reproductive system. These generally manifest themselves in the reproductive organs situated in the abdominal, pelvic and breast areas of the body. A woman age plays an important role in these cases since the problems are generally associated with hormone changes that take place with ageing.
Such disorders are common and in most cases, arise due to an infection or hormone level fluctuation that usually eases in a few days. Many gynaecological problems are potentially life-threatening and may severely damage fertility, and the chances of procreation. Recognition and early treatment of these problems are thus of utmost importance.
Following are the most common symptoms of gynaecological disorders:
- Vaginal bleeding between periods and during/after sexual intercourse
- Frequent and urgent need to urinate or a burning sensation during urination
- Excessive growth of body hair
- Sores, lumps or boils in the genital or breast area
- Severe pelvic pain that differs from menstrual cramps
- Pain or discomfort during intercourse
- Menstrual periods lasting for more than 7 days
- Itching, burning, swelling, redness or soreness in the vaginal area
- Vaginal discharge with an unpleasant or unusual odour, or of an unusual colour
- While vaginal bleeding and discharge are essential parts of the menstrual cycle, if these happen in excess or at unusual times, it becomes symptomatic of a gynaecological disorder.
The signs of gynaecological problems often resemble that of urological ailments and other medical syndromes. Recognising these symptoms and consulting a gynaecologist immediately ensures quick alleviation of the problem.
Ignoring them will lead to several maladies such as:
- Vulvodynia - This is the term for disorders of the vulva, whose symptoms include pain, itching, swelling and soreness of the vulva.
- Vaginitis - This includes all infections of the vagina, such as herpes, yeast infections, Chlamydia, etc. Problems of the vulva also fall into this category.
- Organ failure - Pelvic pain is a symptom of dysfunction in one of the organs in the pelvic area - uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, cervix, lower intestines, or rectum.
- Cancer - In some cases, gynaecological problems refer to various cysts and tumours in the reproductive system, which could develop into cancer.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!