Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Shashi GuptaYour feedback matters!
Menstrual disorders are caused by a variety of factors and affect every woman in a different manner. In most cases, it manifests itself in the form of fluctuations in menstrual flow and irregularity in the monthly cycle. Certain disorders are not too severe and can be easily alleviated. Others are more complicated and require the immediate attention of a gynecologist.
As mentioned, there are different specific causes of different kinds of disorders resulting from a range of factors such as hormone levels, functioning of the central nervous system, health of the uterus, etc.
Some of the most common causes of menstrual disorders are as follows:
- Hormonal imbalance: Fluctuating hormone levels in the body have a direct impact on the menstrual cycle. These fluctuations can be caused by dysfunction in the pituitary gland, thyroid gland or adrenal gland. It can also be a result of malfunction in either or both ovaries and the secretion of hormones originating there.
- Anatomic problems: One fourth menstrual disorders are caused by problems of the anatomy. These include various gynecological issues like the presence of uterine fibroids and polyps, reduced uterine contractile strength, adenomyosis (intrusion of uterine tissue into the muscular wall of the uterus), a uterus with an excessively large surface area, and endometrial cancer.
- Clotting irregularities: Abnormality in clotting is a cause of heavy menstrual bleeding in women. It leads to exceeding blood loss from minor cuts and gashes and makes one easily prone to bruising. This may also include medical conditions such as thrombocytopenia (platelet dysfunction) and Von Willebrand disease.
- Medications and supplements: There is a wide range of medications and nutritional or hormonal supplements which often cause menstrual disorders in women and lead to fluctuations in the menstrual cycle. These include medicines such as aspirin, ibuprofen, estrogen pills, Vitamin E supplements etc.
- Miscellaneous factors: These are comparatively rare and require a greater degree of medical attention. It includes conditions such as cervical cancer, ovarian tumors, liver and kidney diseases, uterine infections, extreme psychological stress, obesity, etc. Incidents such as miscarriages and unsuspected pregnancies are also known to cause abnormal menstrual bleeding.
I am doing regular sex with my wife from last 3 months but she was not getting pregnant what can be the reason behind it.
How do I help someone with Inferiority complex? He is very harsh on himself and does not appreciate himself and all that he can do. During this period he acts very rude and knowingly makes fun of himself to feel even more worthless. How do I help him? Please tell me :(
Hi, I have been diagnosed with Fibroadenoma with a 6 mm simple cyst. I know it is not alarming but I am feeling discomfort in my breast with some pain sometimes and don't want to get it operations. No family history of breast cancer but I am always thinking about it. Can I trust to cure it with proper Yoga. Please help. Thanks!
Sir maine bahut baar try kiya but meri wife pregnent nhi ho rhi hai so mujhe lgta hai ki khi koi problem to nhi.
I'm 6 month pregnant and did delivery last week because baby had microcephaly. Shall I get pregnant again I had some complications had 4 month abortion in 2012 due to fibroid after 8 months mymectomy done after 6 months conceived and cizerian delivery in 2014 now this delivery. When shall I prepare for pregnancy and whether this child will have microphelly ,please tell me may I get fibroid again ,could I able to conceive again ,is their possibilities for normal delivery in future.
During pregnency period what appreciation should be taken and when should visit to doctor for checkup.
Deep penetration is must to get pregnant? After intercourse semen comes out. Sometimes can't penetrate deep. We mostly trying light penetration. It delay pregnancy?
I hve medical abortion 15 days ago and till now my bleeding is not stop yet I hve ultrasound also but there is no pregnancy. So how to stop that bleeding?
I had unprotected sex two days before, but sperms not Eject and I'm afraid that my partner may be pregnant. Soo please tell me wat to do to avoid pregnancy.
I finished my hsg for conceiving before three weeks. No blockages. Doc told me dnt try for baby dis month lik. So I started my medication for rashes and heavy cracking legs (which I having about ten years). Dis medication full of antibiotics and itching tablets. My question is becoz of dis medi my hsg possible pregnancy rates will become low?
My wife doesn't show any interest in sex. We have been married for 2 years and recently we are blessed with a boy 8 months old. I am getting mentally depressed we also fight often for her lack of interest in sex she doesn't give importance to my feelings always finding some reason to avoid me. I am too much depressed because of this behaviour of her.
Hi doctor I am pregnant but I am severely suffering from stomach ache and left side of abdomen to backside and I am unable to walk, sit. Please give me response I am waiting its urgent.
Meibomianitis is a disease that occurs when the lubrication glands of the eyes called Meibomian glands malfunction. The function of these glands is to produce oil that keeps our eyes lubricated and moisturised. Due to some reasons that we shall be looking at later, these small glands flip their switch and start producing excessive oil or just get inflamed causing Meibomianitis.
Bacteria also collect and prosper on the eyelids in the extra oil adding to the malaise.
So, how do you confirm that you have Meibomianitis?
Look out for these symptoms:
- Watery eyes
- Swelling and redness of eyelids
- Burning sensation in eyes
- Flaking skin around eyes
- Crusted eyelashes
- Light sensitivity
- Frequent styes or bumps along the eyelids typically caused due to excess oil secretion and inflamed Meibomian gland
- Excessive blinking
- Blurred vision
- Loss of eyelashes
- Dry eyes
Like with all diseases, the severity of symptoms varies from patient to patient. A few may experience only mild symptoms, while others have to grapple with severe irritation and burning.
We suggest that you don’t wait for your symptoms to become extreme before you visit your doctor.
Root Causes of Meibomianitis:
We already know that Meibomianitis occurs when the meibomian glands in the eyelids don’t function properly.
But why does this happen?
The answer is that Meibomianitis is caused by any condition that increases oil production in oil glands. Like:
- Hormonal changes, especially during adolescence
- Skin conditions, such as acne and rosacea
- Eyelash lice
- Acne medications which actually encourage the growth of bacteria on the eyelids
- A few contact lens solutions
- Infected eye makeup
Meibomianitis, however, is not contagious.
Diagnosis and Cure:
When you go to a doctor with symptoms of meibomianitis, he will examine your eyes, focusing on eyelids and the front surface of your eyeball. By doing this, he will be able to identify whether you have blocked meibomian glands.
Next, he will use a swab to collect a sample of the crust or oil from your eyes and send this sample to a lab to be tested for bacteria.
If the test is positive, your doctor will recommend a thorough cleaning of your eyelids with warm water. He may also prescribe antibiotics or steroids to treat your eye condition in form of eye drops or creams applied directly to your eyelids, or in pill form.
Apart from this, you may have to forego wearing of contact lenses and treatment for your acne and rosacea. We also recommend that you go make-up free as this causes a buildup of bacteria and always maintain proper eye hygiene so that your oil glands remain infection - free always. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ophthalmologist.