Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shashi GuptaYour feedback matters!
Physiotherapic approaches for sports injuries
What role does physiotherapy play in treating injuries?
The recent t20 world cup 2016 match between India and Australia held in Mohali saw some action as well as injuries. Yuvraj Singh faced an ankle sprain while he was batting and was helped by immediate attention by a physiotherapist to resume the winning match.
What are the types of injuries related to cricket?
The most common injuries related to the gentleman's game are:
- hamstring strain
- low back pain
- side strain
- shoulder pain
- sprained ankle
How does physiotherapy help an individual?
A physiotherapist assesses your muscle strength and the range of movement in your joints and advises on techniques and exercises to bring back the mobility of your injured muscles or inflamed joints.
Physiotherapy is a physical therapy that takes care of the overall well-being of the body esp. The muscular part which is most affected when you play or exercise. Three of the main approaches a physiotherapist may use are:
- education and advice- tips and hacks for ensuring physical well-being of a person
- movement and exercise- aids and exercises to ensure good physical health
- manual therapy- a therapy of manual massage and body movements to relieve pain
- other techniques- these include acupuncture, transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (tens) and ultrasounds.
There are numerous sports related injuries that can be effectively treated through physiotherapy. The therapy followed is entirely dependent on the kind of injury caused due to the sport.
The physiotherapist initially asks you some questions to know about your injury, medical history, family health records, prevalent allergies, and other such related information. Based on this initial examination, your physiotherapist will design a therapy plan for a test period to see if it is working or not.
I want to conceive ASAP but couldn't after 6 months of marriage. Periods regular but very painful, flow has become compared to few yrs back.
I am facing cavity problem since 2 days. (Small tiny hole at left inner upper teeth) Can anyone suggest best solution? Is anything serious or filling gives solution? I am abort to consult doctor!
I'm a 21 years old female, going to get married in next few months. I wanted to ask is hormonal pills like Unwanted 21 days & Saheli safe to consume. Also if one indulges in unprotected sex, safeguards against pregnancy. Which pills are the best to consume to avoid pregnancy & regular periods and how are they supposed to be taken (1st day of period./ how many days/time)
* dog bites should be taken seriously especially when it is a stray dog or an unvaccinated dog.
* children are, by far, the most common victims of dog bites and are far more likely to be severely injured.
* most dog bites affecting young children occur during everyday activities and while interacting with familiar dogs.
* senior citizens are the second most common dog bite victims.
* wash the wound with soap and running water as soon as possible.
* victims of bites by suspected rabid dogs should report immediately to the nearest health facility.
* it is absolutely necessary to follow up the wound cleansing with vaccination within a few hours after contact with a suspect rabid animal.
* to prevent rabies, four to five doses of anti-rabies vaccine are administered on the 0, 3, 7, 14 and 28 days of a bite.
* most human deaths occur in the absence of post-exposure prophylaxis.
* rabies is almost always fatal once the clinical symptoms appear.
My wife had Cesarean, her is inverted nipple, baby can't suck milk, We used breast pump, but milk not coming. Sometimes will get about 30 to 40 ml, which food should she eat to increase milk.
My periods have not come since November, and I have taken pregnancy test and it says negative, prior to that in November last week I had candida infection which is now cleared. Please suggest help!
Hi doctor I am 8 month pregnant and from last 2 3 days I am feeling pain in my abdominal stomach and back pain. The pain increases in the morning and night and sometimes I hv vaginal water discharge.
I recently married My wife have one month pregnant. So can i sex with her Or not Some doctors said" no prbm of sex but you do smooth sex" So tel me which one is correct?
I had gone for IUI 15 th day of my cycle. I have taken hcg shots for growing follicles. On my 26 th and 27 th day very light blood spots only one time per day. I thought it was period. After IUI taken tablet justifit300 sr progesterone tablets till 25 th day. Today is my 31 th day of cycle. I did not get the period. breasts are paining. cramping in lower abdomen. Could you please suggest me what is happening. Getting scaring to go for pregnancy test. As I was struggling for 7 years for pregnancy. This is first time IUI for me.
I had my periods on 1.5. 2016 and I had use contraceptive pill to prevent pregnancy and again I got periods on 16.5. 2016 and having back pain can I know the reason.
- potatoes are rich in vitamin a, c, b6, copper & manganese.
- helps controlling blood sugar levels.
- best energy producing veggie.
- resists stroke and heart attack.
- reduces inflammation.
- lever cleansing.
Also are many more benefits of it. For more tips/advices search for ssohm.
I am having Irregular periods , pcod problem got married one and half years no baby still yet.plz help
I had my mensus on dec 28th aftr that i din get my mensus again so that as per d doctor's sugestion i tuk regestron from 17th to 20th twice a day 3 days over bt stil i din get my mensus yet bt i hav slight bck pain n stomach pain. Kindly answer my question and reduce my stress 4 nt gtng mensus still.
- Cleft lip can be repaired at 4 to 6 months age & cleft palate should be operated before 18 months for good speech results.
- Along with cleft repair such children also need comprehensive management by a team of Plastic surgeon, speech therapist , pediatrician , orthodontist & ENT surgeon at appropriate stages of life for the best cosmetic & functional speech results.