Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shashi GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I am 23 year female my last LMP is 20 th august 2015 my period doesn't occur till today 2 times home pregnancy test showing negative, my complete blood test is normal and thyroid test is taken no thyroid problem also (before marriage am 55 kg after marriage about 10 month 70kg) (am healthy) then Dr. Suggest me amenova and gynovit when my period occur tell me worried about this. Tell me please dr.
I'm 21 years old got i really want to conceive the baby but i am failed to do that. please do help me .
Hii sir my breast is getting so loose (sagging problem) and also my nipples having cracks type look. So please suggest me something soon bcoz there is my marriage fixed in October. Thanx.
What is puberty?
Puberty is the phase in life when the body of the child matures to become an adult. This change is mainly influenced by the developing reproductive system and it makes them capable of sexual reproduction. It a progressive change and happens over a span of few years. Girls start to develop breasts and might start menstruating whereas boys notice changes in body hair growth pattern with their voices beginning to crack.
The average age for a girl to attain puberty is found to be 11, whereas in boys, it is longer and the average age is somewhere around 12. Puberty also marks the onset of emotional maturity in kids as well.
Sometimes puberty can be seen at a very young age such as 7 or 8; this is called precocious puberty. This can make it physically and mentally taxing for a child and can be a sign of health issues.
What causes puberty?
The stimulation of the hypothalamus in the brain leads to the production of a hormone called Human Gonadotropin-releasing hormones (GnRH) which signal the Pituitary Gland to produce luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH). This is responsible for sexual development.
Signs that may indicate the onset of puberty in girls:
The telltale signs of puberty in girls are:
- Development of breasts
- Growth of hair in areas such as armpits and genitals
- A growth spurt, i.e., rapid growth in height
- Start of menstruation or her periods
- Increase in body fat in certain areas of the body
- Development of acne
- “Mature” body odour
Signs that may indicate the onset of puberty in boys:
The usual signs of puberty in boys are:
- Enlargement of the testicles or penis
- Pubic, underarm, or facial hair development
- Rapid height growth — a growth "spurt"
- Deepening of voice
- "Mature" body odor
- Increase in hair growth in other parts of the body such as the arms and legs
Along with these signs and symptoms, other signs can be changes in mood. Boys and girls may develop sexual urges wherein you will notice an unexplained attraction to the opposite sex. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Can I use M2 tone to get pregnancy and hormonal imbalance. I have regular menstrual cycle but 3 days before period some black spotting comes. I thought I have some low progesterone. Can I use M2 tone to overcome this.
Dr. Im 26 years old having a problem of pcod and thyroid because of that im having savior growth of unwanted hair on my upper lip chin and on stomach. .I don't want go for leaser treatment it has no 100% result and not having such huge money to spend .kindly please suggest me such useful and 100% results medicine which correct my problem naturally.
Hi All, My wife is in the third month of her pregnancy. Every morning she feels like there is vomiting. For this doctor has provided doxinate. Sometimes she feels like acidic and for that doctor has provides pantocid. For cold, lavotis plus. We take these medicine only when she feels awkward. My question is that does this affect anyway in the pregnancy. Also, does sex has any impact on the pregnancy. We had all the tests and ultrasound, so everything is fine.
I had my periods on Nov 20 still I didn't have my periods, I am married and I have a 2 years kid. I did the pregnancy test its showing negative. It's already crossed 50 days still I didn't get my menses. I had many times papaya and I had as per doctor prescribed I had maxogest and menofit plus tablet's. Even I tested twice the pregnancy test it's showing negative. We don't want pregnancy now bcoz just now we both got a job. What is the other way to make it confirm whether I am pregnant or not. And if so what is the thing I have to do to make my periods.
I am married in year2011 but I have no baby. My husband was affected by aszoospermia. And his report was" grade 2 bilateral varicocele and fatty liver and no sperm in 4 times seven analysis. I (female) have no problem hsg was normal and all are normal but I have common problem" right renal calculus. Now we follow residents medicine. But no improvement in my husband health with seven. Now what we do the next step? please tell me famous specialist for this problem. My husband 35 years old. I was 25 years old. Please give a proper solution for my problem. And he have a normal testis.
Hm last four mths se baby k lia try kr rhe h.pr me conceives nhi kr pa rhi hu. Mere periods regular h vse to date se do ya teen din pahle aate te pr do mths se date to date ta 18 of mth pr is mth 18 k jagh 20 april ko aaya pr vo b one to two drop blood. Kya ye pregnancy hoskta h ya fr mujhe kya karna chahiye pregnancy k lia. please suggest. I am 27 years old. please reply fast n suggest me.
Hello doctor, I am eight weeks pregnant jab mere husband mujhe hug aur kiss krtai hain aur mere ass hole mai sex krtai hai tu mera fluid nikalta hai, kiya es sai mere pregnancy per koi effect tu nhi hoga. Aur kiya hum intercourse kr Saktai hai meri es pregnancy stage mai.
She is 33 YRS. She is having habit of eating raw rice & having periods problem since 3 months last 2 months only 2 days & previous month's didn't happen what medication is to be done pls advice.
Whenever I finger my wife vagina she doesn't like it and says it's burning inside. So what should I do?
Discharge from nipple (galactorrhoea)
Secretion of milk-like discharge from one or both breasts unrelated to childbirth is called galactorrhea. Nipple discharge is most often due to a benign process. This common breast problem has been reported in 10 to 15 percent of women with benign breast disease and in 2.5 to 3 percent of women with breast cancer. There are generally two different types of nipple discharge
Occurs when the breast is manually squeezed, can happen to any woman and is usually not concerning.
Which spots on the clothing, should be evaluated by a physician and may warrant further testing.
Characterized by discharge only with compression and by multiple duct involvement. These discharges are frequently bilateral. With either type, the discharge fluid may be clear, yellow, white or dark green.
Spontaneous, bloody or associated with a mass. These discharges are usually unilateral.
- excessive production of milk-stimulating hormone prolactin by pituitary problems, malfunction of hypothalamus.
- menstrual problem such as amenorrhea problems with cervical part of spine.
- drugs such as oral contraceptives, tranquillizers, and diuretics.
- injury, burns, or surgery,
- neurological problems such as shingles,
- breast cancer
- athletes may experience small amounts of galactorrhea from constant rubbing of the nipples against clothing. Frequent sexual stimulation of the breasts may have similar effects.
- milky discharge: may be due to physiological (lactation); oral contraceptives; galactorrhea
- bloody discharge: may be due to intraductal papiloma; intraductal cancer; malignancy; duct ectasia; fibrocystic disease.
- purulent discharge: may be due to infection
- serous or sticky discharge: fibrocystic disease
- discharge from the surface of breast is seen in paget’s disease;
- skin diseases such as eczema and psoriasis; rare causes such as chancre may also cause discharge.
- stimulation of the nipple (i. E, squeezing to check for discharge) actually promotes discharge; patients with a physiologic discharge should avoid checking for discharge. A physiologic discharge often resolves when the nipple is left alone.
- all patients with spontaneous or unilateral nipple discharge needs surgical evaluation. This is true for patients with bloody discharges and for those with clear or serous discharges.
Homeopathic symptoms and cure
Homeopathic remedies are prescribed on the basis of symptoms rather than conditions, as each case of a particular illness can manifest differently in different people. There are many symptoms which can be effectively treated by homeopathy few symptoms are given below.
. Nipples sore and fissured, intense suffering on putting child to breast, pain starts from nipple and radiates all over body. Breast feels like a brick, lumpy and nodular.
. Premenstrual breast congestion in women with abundant periods, weight gain and nervousness before the period.
. Cyst in the breast, hard and painful but, itchy, with stitching pains in the nipple. Discomfort worse just before and after the period; woman wants to press breasts hard with hand.
. Bluish-red lumps in the breast, with gradual loss of fatty tissue, and tendency to feel hot all the time.
. Intensely sensitive nipples, sticking pains, like a splinter, cracks, nipples discolored.
. Nipples inflamed and very tender, can hardly bear the pain of nursing, intolerant of pain: “cannot bear it!” very irritable.
. Sore nipples with dry hard deep cracks on it. Dry itching and crusty.
. Cheesy and offensive discharge from nipple.
. Deep sore cracks across crown of nipple.
For proper diagnose consult a homeopath. Start treatment to get rid of these problems.
My Friend and his partner had sexual intercourse with any protection. My friend is in doubt that his partner is pregnant. As few days are remaining to come her periods so that she is confirmed whether she is pregnant or not. If she is pregnant will any medicine work after 10 days of their intercourse please help.
I took ovral l for 21 days. After 3 days also no periods. We have a big religious function in 7 days. If I do not get periods in 2 days then wt sud I do to avoid it further for 8-9 days.
Aloe vera is one of the most popular plants in tropical regions. It can thrive in most weather conditions, and also it does not need any extra care. And it takes about 8 months to grow to full size.
This is one of the significant medicinal herbs present in nature. It also provides amazing healing benefits. Some of the benefits that can be included are:
Treats eye disorder:
- Aloe vera juice cures eyes redness
- Aloe vera cures eye infections
- Aloe vera solution drop can soothe your eye pain
- Mix aloe vera gel with a pinch of sodium bicarbonate and turmeric powder to cure your ulcer wound.
- Heated aloe vera pulp cures the pain caused by ripe blisters.
- It also heals your ulcer quickly
Cure wrinkles and acne:
- Only by applying aloe vera gel regularly, you can prevent wrinkles.
- You can make aloe vera face pack by mixing - aloe vera gel, rose water and a hint of turmeric powder. You apply it on your face and leave it for 15 minutes and rinse it with lukewarm water. After you rinse the dried face pack, rub ice-cube on your face. This method will help to prevent acne.
- Regular consumption of aloe vera gel can maintain the balance of sugar in your body.
- 5 gm of aloe vera gel can be useful for diabetes.
Useful for bronchitis:
- The preparation of aloe vera ash mixed with grapes is useful for bronchitis.
- Aloe vera is also helpful in treating chronic bronchitis.
- Aloe vera gel should not be used if you are suffering from cold.
- Aloe vera gel mixed with butter milk is helpful for jaundice
- It also cures liver enlargement and spleen.
- Pulp of aloe gel with a little amount of salt is also helpful.
- Aloe vera gel ash made in an earthen pot can be taken as a medicine for jaundice.
Cure paediatric constipation:
- If kids are suffering from constipation then you can apply aloe vera gel in the umbilical area.
- Aloe vera gel clears the stool.
Regulate menstrual cycle:
- Usage of aloe vera gel mixed with ash from forest fire helps in regulation of your period.
Cure stomach pain:
- You can boil aloe vera gel and with lukewarm water to cure stomach pain.
- If you have stomach problem caused by spicy food then you can consume aloe vera gel to cool your stomach. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Hi I am 28 Years Old Unmarried girl. My periods are never on time. Some times it is missed and I get period after a gap of 2 months. I have body hairs even on my breast and facial hairs too. I am worried about my future. Will it effect me in my future married life?
The passing of urine has very important functions in your body as it clears out many of the toxins filtered by the kidneys. Urine primarily contains urea and uric acid, which are the results of the toxins being flushed out of the body. Urine color can be a good indicator of either what is in your system and in certain cases what may be wrong in your system.
Urine color and what it signifies:
Normal urine doesn't have a single color as it varies from clear to pale yellowish. There are certain foods, which may also leave a tinge of color, such as red or green in you urine. However, there are certain conditions, which can result in the same. Let's looks at some examples of these situations.
- Orange: Certain medications tends to have a side effect of making your urine of an orange colour. Medications, which have high doses of vitamin B2, the drug phenazopyridine and other such medicines are used to treat urinary tract infections. Moreover, certain antibiotics are known to have side effects of changing the urine color into a citrus drink like color. However, it could also mean problems with your liver or bile duct and you should consult a doctor in such cases.
- Red or Pink Urine: Phenazopyridine also causes red or pink urine in certain individuals. However, the major cause for urine of this hue is due to certain foods, such as beets, blackberries, rhubarbs, carrots and others. However, in the absence of such foods and medication, it could mean blood in your urine, urinary tract infections, tumors or even prostate problems.
- Blue or green: Certain conditions within the body are known to cause blue or green hues in urine. If you are having blue or green urine consistently then it is advisable to go to your doctor to get it checked out. Some medications, such as propofol or promethazine can also have the side effect of turning pee blue or green. However, in most cases it is the harmless food dye, which is filtered out of your system.
- Cola colored or dark brown urine: Although this can also be caused by certain medications or foods, it could be a marker for kidney disorders or internal injuries. It is advised that you go to your doctor urgently to get it checked.
- Dark yellow to amber or honey colored: This is the classic sign that your body is quite dehydrated and you need to drink more water. Dehydration may lead to more serious problems and thus this shouldn't be ignored and must be taken care of urgently.