Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shashi AnandYour feedback matters!
Mistakes that sabotage a Good Diet
Eating Healthy, eating Clean can sometimes be very confusing. With more and more new information coming up every day, one cannot comprehend what is healthy and what not. However, if you understand a few mistakes that can literally sabotage your good diet, you can surely be assured of eating healthy and clean.
1. You can be wrong with juices
Everyone thinks a glass of orange juice or any other fruit juice can do wonders for your health. But the truth is that you will be better off eating the whole fruit rather than the juice.
Why? For the simple reason, that juices lack the fiber content found in fruits. The fibers slow down digestion of sugar in the fruit whereas their absence in the juice causes the blood sugar to spike and results in insulin resistance.
Besides, packaged juices contain hardly any real fruit, all flavoring and concentrate apart from added sugar, a big wrong in Eating Clean.
2. Drinking your Protein? Na! That can be wrong too!
People like bodybuilders, gym goers drink a lot of protein shakes to get their proteins supplemented. However, protein shakes are OK for those who are on the go or for replacing meals sometimes but they cannot be altogether substituted for protein intake.
Your protein must come from your food. Meat, fish, pulses, eggs and dairy cannot be replaced by shakes since you will definitely miss out the nutritional value that whole foods provide.
Besides, protein shakes may have lot of artificial constituents and refined sugar that can be really bad for you.
3. Can’t understand food labels properly? A great mistake!
With more and more people working, many on the move, packaged food cannot be altogether avoided. However, one must make sure to read and understand the food labels.
The food labels reveal what is inside the package. Anything that has the label – Organic, Raw or Gluten-free is not surely healthy. One must know about ingredients especially things like MSG, Aspartame (artificial sweeteners) etc. that can be really unhealthy.
4. Sugar may be hidden somewhere
Calorie conscious? Avoiding sweets?
Well, even though you are very careful about selecting what you eat and avoid anything that tastes sweet, some sugar may still be hiding in your food increasing your calorie intake, without you knowing about it. Foods like tomato ketchup, pasta sauce, low-fat biscuits/crackers or low-fat dairy products, sandwich bread may all be hiding sugar almost equivalent to that present in a piece of cake. You must learn about hidden sugars and its alternatives to truly understand what you are eating.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am 25 years old and I recently have two cesarean and in third delivery I have two much weakness in 9 months so please give me you r suggestions.
Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) refers to the infection that occurs in the female reproductive organs. It happens when sexually transmitted bacteria infect the uterus, ovaries or fallopian tubes on spreading from the vagina. Generally, the cervix plays the role of preventing the bacteria from entering the vagina and infecting the reproductive organs. But when the cervix becomes exposed to an STD, it loses its power to put a stop to the spread of these microorganisms to the reproductive organs.
What causes this condition?
STDs like gonorrhea and chlamydia have been found to be responsible for about 90% of PID cases.
Some of the other causes include
- Pelvic procedures
The condition is only detected later in life when you face difficulty in getting pregnant or have chronic pelvic pain complaints. If you experience symptoms like vomiting, high fever, pain in the lower abdomen and instances of fainting, you should immediately seek a doctor.
What puts you at risk for PID?
Certain factors may put you at a higher risk for PID and these are:
- Instances of sexually transmitted diseases like Chlamydia (an STD that can occur from anal, oral or vaginal sex) and gonorrhea (a condition that causes discharge from the vagina or urethra) can make you prone to developing PID.
- Douching on a regular basis can increase your risk of PID as it disrupts the equilibrium of good and bad bacteria in your vagina, and may hide the symptoms of the condition as well.
- Even a previous history of PID can increase your chances of having another episode of PID.
- Compared to older women, teenagers who are sexually active are more prone to developing PID.
- Having multiple sexual partners can also put you at a greater risk for PID and STDs.
My l. M. P 20-8-2015. My Dr. says. I m 10weeks-4 days pregnant. I m confuse. please help me my 3rd mnth start? please tell me correct weeks.
The uterus or womb, is a muscular structure and is held in place by ligaments and pelvic muscles. If these muscles or tendons become weak, they cause prolapse and are no longer able to hold the uterus in its place.
Uterine prolapse happens when the uterus falls or slips from its ordinary position and into the vagina or birth waterway. It could be complete prolapse or even incomplete at times. A fragmented prolapse happens when the uterus is just hanging into the vagina. A complete prolapse depicts a circumstance in which the uterus falls so far down that some tissue rests outside of the vagina. Likewise, as a lady ages and with a loss of the hormone estrogen, her uterus can drop into the vaginal canal. This condition is known as a prolapsed uterus.
Risks: The risks of this condition are many and have been enumerated as follows:
- Complicated delivery during pregnancy
- Weak pelvic muscle
- Loss of tissue after menopause and loss of common estrogen
- Expanded weight in the stomach area, for example, endless cough, constipation, pelvic tumors or accumulation of liquid in the guts
- Being overweight
- Obesity causing extra strain on the muscles
- Real surgery in the pelvic zone
Symptoms: Some of the most common symptoms of prolapse involve:
- Feeling of sitting on a ball
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Increase in discharge
- Problems while performing sexual intercourse
- Seeing the uterus coming out of the vagina
- A pulling or full feeling in the pelvis
- Bladder infections
Nonsurgical medications include:
- Losing weight and getting in shape to take stress off of pelvic structures
- Maintaining a distance from truly difficult work
- Doing Kegel workouts, which are pelvic floor practices that strengthen the vaginal muscles. This can be done at any time, even while sitting down at a desk.
- Taking estrogen treatment especially during menopause
- Wearing a pessary, which is a gadget embedded into the vagina that fits under the cervix and pushes up to settle the uterus and cervix
- Indulging in normal physical activity
Some specialists use the following methods to diagnose the problem:
- The specialist will examine you in standing position keeping in mind you are resting and request that you to cough or strain to build the weight in your abdomen.
- Particular conditions, for example, ureteral block because of complete prolapse, may require an intravenous pyelogram (IVP) or renal sonography. Color is infused into your vein, and an X-ray is used to view the flow of color through your urinary bladder.
- An ultrasound might be utilised to rule out any other existing pelvic issues. In this test, a wand is used on your stomach area or embedded into your vagina to create images of the internal organ with sound waves. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Which is the first day of period for my wife and how to period days count? Since we are planning to have baby but I will be travelling I get limited time to have sex so which is right day to have sex for baby. My wife getting 2days late in her period cycle. I want to know how is bleeding day is 1st day of period or what?
I tested my pregnancy with prega news 2 times. One after 4 days of intercourse and another after 10 days of my period date in the very morning. Both were negative. But it passed a month now I did not get my period. Can the result be false?
I am pregnant & my blood was 8.9. What should I eat to increase my blood I m in 36th week. Please advise me what should I do to increase.
Hi I am 36 week pregnant. From yesterday Eve m suffering from naval n umbilical cord pain. If I pushed this then I feel better. And feeling more baby's movements, some uterus pain also, so what can I do.
I am 19 years old. I missed my period for 20 days. When I am realising my stool I am having dull pain my left butt cheek My sex thoughts driving me grazy. I am getting wet 3 times a day due to these thoughts. I am to weak. Please help me.
How can I reduce my weight? say what type of food I can have to get regular periods. Wat type of food I can take to reduce weight? wat fod can I have to cure from thyroid problem? pls suggest me?
Missing periods from 20 days. Negative is pregnancy test. Still is there any chance of getting Pregnancy? If yes what we need to do to prevent pregnancy?
I am 20 years old. But I have giddiness some times. I hate food. But I don't know why. What is the reason?
Is there any chances to a girl to get pregnant only by hands of a boy? If any thing got left on the mans hand.
Hello. I am 24. I had scanty but regular periods for the last 9 months. I went to a gyno this month and she said I have pcos and the main treatment is change of life style and shedding 5 kgs since m overweight by 5 kgs. She said if I want to I can take primolut-N tablet for 3 days 3 times to induce periods. I took the 1st pill on 10th Sept after lunch. Then 3 tablets after breakfast lunch and dinner on 11th and 12th. And today on 13th I skipped breakfast so I 'll be taking the last pill after my lunch. All though I have started to get that smelly discharge I get just before my period and mild cramp. Ideally by when should my period start after taking the tablet? Also is this a safe tablet? Will it cause any disturbances in my cycle in future?
Do you have vague memories of your childhood where your mother used to run behind you with a glass of milk and a few almonds soaked in it? You might have cribbed about them, but all this while you might not have been aware that you were running away from one of the most powerful house of essential minerals. Such is the health benefits of almonds that it has its own fan following across the globe. It is a boon and a blessing for your well-being. Let us have an overview of it.
Health benefits Of almond oil
The health benefits are not just limited to the nuts. Almond oil too can supply a massive amount of benefits when included in our diet regularly. Though a bit expensive, a regular intake can keep many of the complications at bay. Here’s why:
- Controls heart ailments: Almond oil is enriched with monounsaturated fatty acids. They boost the health of your heart and can curb cardiovascular diseases. A regular intake can reduce the chance of a stroke by a large margin.
- Regulates blood pressure and controls cholesterol level: Almond oil regulates blood pressure and can help in maintaining the cholesterol levels of your body. In many countries, almond oil is slowly changing the culinary landscape and the way we use the food ingredients.
- Strengthens nervous system: Almond oil is a great source of Omega-3 fatty acids and also contains a robust measure of potassium. They nourish your nervous system and directly boost your memory. You can mix a few drops of almond oil to a glass of milk before you hit the bed for the best results.
- Helps in bone development: Almonds are a great source of vitamin D, calcium and potassium. Needless to say, this can be very beneficial for strengthening your bones. Simply massage few drops of almond oil to your bones and joints and in many cases, you can get rid of arthritis.
- Relieves stress and pain: Almond oil also has therapeutic properties, and can help in easing the pain and stress from strained muscles. You can heat a few tablespoons of almond oil and can directly massage into the affected area once it becomes warm. Doing this regularly can increase the strength of your muscles and can be a great muscle relaxant too.
- Can promote the health of nails: Brittle nails are one of the common problems that everyone faces. Almond oil can take care of this trouble easily. For healthy and strong nails, massage them with a few drops of almond oil daily. They have a strong presence of potassium and zinc and they, in turn, hydrate your nails and keep them strong and healthy.
Some other benefits of almond oil are
- It controls heart diseases
- It reduces the chances of stroke
- It regulates the blood pressure
- It gives strength to the nervous system
- It will help in bone development
- It promotes the growth of nails
- It promotes the health of nails
- It increases the memory power
- It gives strengths to brain tissue
Apart from the abovementioned benefits, Almonds are useful in a number of ways, they improve your memory power, improves hair growth, is good for your brain tissues. Almonds are a powerhouse in their own right, therefore, you must eat them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.