Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shashi AgrawalYour feedback matters!
My mensuration cycle" periods" is not of 30 days. Every time my periods date extends with 5 to 10 days later. Please tell me some solution or medicine for getting it on regular time. Also now a days I have pain in my joints of hands and legs, I think there is calcium deficiency in my body. Please suggest some good calcium tablets or proteins powder.
Hi. My Wife 12 weeks pregnant now. Her gync ob Dr. prescribed her Aspirin 75 mg Daily one tablet After lunch. Is this tablet safe for my wife and baby? Any side effects? What is the use of aspirin during pregnancy?
How do you deal with a one year old child who doesn't want to eat anything other than the mothers milk?
1. CALC. FLUOR. 7. KALI SULPH.
(Calcium Fluoride) (Potassium Sulphate)
2. CALC. PHOS. 8. MAG. PHOS.
(Calcium Phosphate) (Magnesium Phosphate)
3. CALC. SULPH. 9. NAT. MUR.
(Calcium Sulphate) (Sodium Chloride)
4. FERR. PHOS. 10. NAT. PHOS.
(Iron Phosphate) (Sodium Phosphate)
5 KALI MUR. 11. NAT. SULPH.
(Potassium Chloride) (Sodium Sulphate)
6. KALI PHOS. 12. SILICA
(Potassium Phosphate) (Silica Oxide)
I child is 3 months and 3 weeks old. He is not feed milk. Even he is very hungry but he is not feed milk. And cry more time. He is sleeping only up to 10 hrs a day. He has put his thumb in his mouth every time. Please suggest what is d problem and what the remedy available. Thanks.
I am 28 years old and mother of two young kids 2.5 and 1 yrs after my second c section I am having shooting pain in my left heel, left bum, and back ache the pain in my heel is so severe that some times (specially after waking up) I need to walk on my toes.
When we had last sex. We had it so long and 4 time in 6 hours When she reached home her inner parts were paining and there were swelling on side of vagina entrance Her legs were also paining. I am afraid that such sex cause any type of harm. Please suggest We both enjoyed during doing it.
I am 27 male. I am married since 3 yrs. I don't have child. I and my wife going to treatment for infertility. My count was 52 million and motility 36%. My LH value is high. My last month LH value report is 11.7 but now 16.7. FSH and testosterone are normal. Pls say whether I will get baby or not? Why my LH value is high? And how I want to control? Pls say clearly and briefly.
My sister had went fr a party, now her dates has been postponing, as a brother I can't say this to my parents and even friends. She is always crying. Dono which doctor to consult. Please consider and help me. If any tablets pls suggest.
During intercourse sperm release in my vagina. Do not want pregnancy I hv 9 mnth girl child .how I know pregnancy occur or not. Last period 26 august. How I get rid of this problem .during intercourse condom got tear.
The condition of uterine prolapse takes place when the floor muscles (and sometimes, ligaments) of the pelvis region gets stretched overly and then gradually weakens, thus becoming unable to provide adequate support to the uterus. This often leads to the protrusion or the slipping down of the uterus out of the vaginal opening. Though it can affect women of any age, it usually happens to women after menopause, especially those who have already had deliveries out of the vagina.
The weakening of the muscles in the pelvic region is the chief cause that leads to uterine prolapse. Other causes include:
1. Natural estrogen loss, especially after menopause
2. Gravity effects
3. Supportive tissues of pregnancy and childbirth being damaged
4. Constant straining over time
5. Excessive smoking
6. Improper weight - obesity or being overweight
There are a number of varieties of uterine prolapse, of varying severity. In case of moderate to severe uterine prolapse, the symptoms tend to be more pronounced and include a number of prominent symptoms.
1. Protruding tissue from the vagina
2. Problems in bowel regulation
3. Increased lower back pains
4. Increased urinary problems, such as leakage or increased retention
5. Looseness in the vagina, which may affect your sex life
Usually, these are symptoms which become pronounced in the morning and eventually worsens through the course of the day.
Risk Factors - The major risk factors that may increase the risk of being afflicted by uterine prolapse are:
1. Multiple pregnancies
2. Increasing age
3. Past problems relating to the pelvis - including surgeries or accidents
4. General weakness in tissues
5. Frequently lifting heavy weights
Additionally, there are a number of conditions, such as chronic constipation, obesity or other pulmonary diseases, that may apply excess strain on tissues and muscles of the pelvic region, that accentuates your chances of being afflicted by uterine prolapse. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am 19 years old. 11 months ago I had a major surgery of ovarian cyst doctor suggested laparoscopic but the cyst leads to major surgery. Last month I missed my period for 10 days periods days and before I am having little aches in my pelvic area and uterus and during periods 1st day so much pain pelvic area and stomach and 2nd day onwards nly aches and I can not release my stool for days. And this month again I missed my period for 8 days. If I thought about sex I will get wet and I feel like I am having sex. And I am getting dull pain near my stitches. I am too weak some one said I am getting those pains because of my weakness and it will take some time to cure I am too weak and thin. Help me please.
- Bleeding from Vagina: An abnormal form of bleeding from vagina is medically defined as “AUB / DUB (Abnormal / Dysfunctional Uterine bleeding)”. The bleeding problem which is not responding to medicinal treatment can be dealt with Laparoscopy. Abnormal / Dysfunctional Uterine bleeding is due to abnormality in endometrium of uterus which usually responds to medicinal treatment. In cases where medicine is not able to control the symptoms, uterus, along with both fallopian tubes +/- ovaries, can be removed laparoscopically. In another treatment modality, the endometrium (inside lining of uterine cavity) can be ablated to reduce the troublesome bleeding. Latter procedure is done hysteroscopically.
- Fibroid Uterus: Fibroids are commonly found in uterus. Most of the time they are diagnosed on ultrasound. Fibroids can cause problem in the form of abnormal bleeding (heavy menstrual flow, irregular menstrual bleeding pattern), painful periods (dysmenorrhea), recurrent miscarriage / abortion, infertility etc. Uterine fibroids usually need surgical removal and can be removed laparoscopically as well as hysteroscopically. Any size of the fibroid can be removed with laparoscopic approach.
- Ovarian Cysts: Ovarian cysts are also common finding on ultrasound. Ovarian cysts which persist for longer times, suspicious of cancer, symptomatic (e.g pain abdomen) can be removed laparoscopically.
- Endometriosis: Endometriosis can present as ovarian endometrioma (Ovarian cyst or chocolate cyst), endometriosis implants in pelvis, Adhesions in pelvis (involving uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries, intestinal loops, rectum etc) or as cause of infertility. All these entities can be treated laparoscopically.
- Uterus Prolapse / Vault Prolapse / Pelvic Organ Prolapse: Uterus prolapse into vagina, vaginal vault prolapsing into vagina after hysterectomy can be treated with laparoscopic surgery.
- Uterine cancer, Uterine cervix cancer: Cancers of uterus, uterine cervix, ovarian cancers after chemotherapy can be treated with laparoscopic surgery in which tumorous tissue can be removed with more precision.
- Ectopic pregnancy: Extra uterine pregnancy e.g. pregnancy in fallopian tube (tubal pregnancy), pregnancy in ovaries (ovarian pregnancy), pregnancy in cervix (cervical pregnancy) can be treated with laparoscopic approach, as per the indications.
- Ovarian Torsion: Due to numerous factors, ovarian tissue twists around its own axis which leads to compromise in its blood supply ultimately leading to infarction of ovarian tissue. Laparoscopically ovaries can be untwisted and fixed to prevent further twisting.
- Recurrent Miscarriage with incompetent cervix: With the incompetent cervix, there are chances of recurrent miscarriage. Few cases of incompetent cervix need cerclage from abdomen which can be performed through laparoscopic approach.
- Blocked fallopian tubes: Fallopian tubes might get blocked due to infections, adhesion or pressure from mass. In few cases, there is requirement of tubal reconstruction in cases of tubal sterilization. All these fallopian tube blocks can be opened with laparoscopic surgery and hysteroscopically.
I have little dark blood clots with the bleeding during menstrual cycle. Is it a major problem for conceiving?
I had took unwanted 72 for about 8 times in a gap period of 2 to 3 months and stooped now. So my concern is that will it affects in future if yes please tell me how to resolve it. So that it should not affect for giving birth and even for my body too. thanks.
Doctor please help. Meri wife ne humare unsafe sex k bad I- pill li but humne 24 ghnte se pehle dubara unsafe sex kia nd I eject inside of her .kya wo pregnant ho jayegi. please help doctor.
Peer pressure is always difficult to deal with, especially when it comes to sex. Many girls feel the pressure from friends to have sex before they're ready, which is why it's so important to have the confidence to say no to something you don't feel ready to do.
Just because your friends are having sex or say they're having sex doesn't mean that you have to as well! you might feel like everyone is doing it, but you will soon realize that this is not the case. Your friends may talk about sex in a casual manner. If you have a good group of friends, they should not be pressuring you into doing something that you're not ready to do.
Pressure from magazines, celebrities and peers can all contribute to the pressure that you may feel. On tv, sex is displayed in such a casual way, however you should remember that sex is actually a really big deal! you need to make sure that you're completely confident and comfortable with your decision if you do decide to have sex. Think carefully how you feel yourself about having sex, as this is the first step in handling the peer pressure. It's okay to have fun when you're a teenager, but equally you need to respect yourself enough to say no I'm not ready and your peers should respect that too. When making the decision to have sex, consider whether peer pressure is influencing your decision or if it's something that you have decided that you are ready to do. Once you've had sex for the first time you can't go back, so make sure it's a decision that you won't regret.
Remember that there is no certain age that you are expected to have sex a lot of people wait until they're married! everybody is different and will mature and feel ready at different ages, so just because your friend is doing it and feels ready now, this does not mean that you should feel that way too. Don't ever have sex just to fit in with your friends, as they will respect you more if you stick to your morals and don't do things just because you're pressured to.
If you're worried about peer pressure, know that you're not alone. Hang out with friends who understand you and also believe that it's okay to wait to have sex. If you're going on a first date, go along with friends so it's not just you and your date. This way, if you feel worried that you might be pressured into doing something you don't want to, you won't be alone. Think of what you would say in advance if anyone tries to pressure you in the future, so that you're not caught off guard or feel like you have to do something you don't want to. You are never obliged to have sex with someone, so even if they try to make you feel guilty never do something that you don't want to do, as it's always your decision. Sex is not something that you should rush into, so take your time until you feel 100% ready to take the next step. Respect yourself, your morals and your body and when the time is right to take the next step, you will know.