Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shashi AgrawalYour feedback matters!
It has been studied by the ministry of labor and employment that any average working Indian spends approximately 2,000 hours every year at their workplace, and all these hours can take a toll on your back, eyes, arms and neck.
Exposure to adverse working conditions can always result in long-term or temporary injury. Moreover, poorly designed working environments can also reduce your efficiency, cut down on your productivity, resulting in a loss of income. It can also increase your medical claims or land you up with a permanent disability.
So the final goal of ergonomics is to create a working zone that can incorporate the variety of human capabilities and limitations to prevent any mishap; primarily musculoskeletal disorders.
How musculoskeletal disorders happen?
Musculoskeletal disorder or MSD is a family of nerve, muscle and tendon disorders that are caused, aggravated or accelerated by repeated body movements; particularly when high forces, awkward postures, vibrations, contact stresses and exposures to cold are evident. As your wrist, hands, back and neck are construed of a complex network of bone, nerves, tendons and fluids, irritation of these tissues during certain work activities can, over the course to time, result in elevated fluid pressure around the nerves. Carpel tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow and spondylosis are the most common examples of work related MSDs.
So applying ergonomics to the place of work will certainly help both you and your employer strike a proper balance between staff capability and work requirement and so lessen the likelihood of such disorders.
How to develop a productive partnership?
- Poor working conditions are bad news both for you and your employee, which can result in physical anomalies and adverse economic impacts.
- So it’s only a happy partnership between the employers, staffs and ergonomic specialists that can help you redesign your workplace in order to meet the potential and capabilities of every employee.
- To meet the above stated requirements, you should always consult a professional in the field of ergonomics to analyze specific working environments and recommend what’s best for your needs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
My vaginal discharge is nt coming fr my vagina since many days, m trying to cum out of my vagina by masturbating fully no use, wt is the problem n can I give birth to a baby in future.
Premature labor is also known as preterm labor. This is the term given when the body gets ready for an early delivery in the pregnancy. Labor is considered to be premature if it starts almost three weeks prior to the due date. Premature labor usually leads to early birth, but now this can be delayed with medical help. It is better that the baby grows inside you because there are fewer chances of problems after birth.
Risk of Preterm Labor:
Some of the things, which can increase the risk of a preterm labor are:
- Being underweight or overweight before pregnancy
- Poor prenatal care
- Use of alcohol and drugs during pregnancy
- Health conditions, such as preeclampsia, infections, diabetes, high blood pressure and clotting disorders
- Pregnant with a bay with birth defects
- Getting pregnant through vitro fertilization
- Pregnant with multiples like twins and triplets
- Becoming pregnant soon after having a baby
Symptoms of preterm labor:
Warning signs should be heeded to stop the stop premature labor, as acting quickly can help. Consult your doctor or midwife immediately in case you have the following:
- Backache, especially in the lower back. Back ache can be a constant feature or might keep coming in intervals, but does not change with a change in position.
- Contractions that take place in each 10 minutes.
- A leaking feeling in the vagina or fluid leakage from the vagina.
- Cramps in the lower abdomen very similar to menstrual cramps. These usually give a feeling of gas pains and come with a diarrhea.
- Symptoms of flu like vomiting, nausea and diarrhea. Must to see a doctor if the liquids cannot be tolerated for more than 8 hours.
- The pressure in the vagina or pelvis increases.
- Vaginal discharge increases.
- There might be light bleeding from the vagina.
Ways to check for contractions:
To spot and early labor one must be sure to check for the contractions. Contractions can be checked by the following:
- When the fingertips are placed on the abdomen and the uterus feels too soft or tight then these are contractions.
- Contractions if felt, should be timed and the starting time of these should be noted.
- Contractions should be stopped by changing the position and drinking some water or by walking around.
- Doctor or midwife should be contacted if the contractions occur every 10 minutes and the symptoms worsen.
- Sometime women might experience false labor also known as Braxton Hicks contractions. These are not so strong, are erratic and stop on moving around.
I am 45 years old lady. My periods are stopped from this month, I have not undergone sterlisation. Now these days I am taking an ayurvedic medicine. Since 2 years my periods were only for two days. I am in tension please solve my problem. Thanks
I want to conceive it naturally. Not from ivf. So please let me know that pcos patient can conceive naturally.
We don't want pregnancy but we want to do sex with out condom can you please kindly solve my problem.
Pregnancy brings with it a whole lot of changes for the mother-to-be, such as emotional, psychological, social and of course physical. The body goes through many changes and there are some side effects that are typical of pregnancy, the most common ones are listed below.
- Morning sickness: Morning sickness can occur any time of the day. It can start as early as 4th week of pregnancy and continue until the first trimester. The altered level of hormones are believed to be the cause for this.
- Anemia: The increased demand on the woman’s body for iron leads to anemia in a majority of people. This is more common in the third trimester and increases fatigue and tiredness. Good amount of iron in the food and supplements need to be included as iron is also required in the breastfeeding phase.
- Backache: With the baby’s growth, there is extra pressure on the spine and the low back, thereby causing low back pain. There is also an increase progesterone level which stretch the spinal ligaments to expand to accommodate the baby. This is increased with standing for prolonged periods and sleeping in awkward positions.
- Constipation: The increased levels of progesterone relax the body and thereby making digestion sluggish and more reabsorption of water. This leads to dry, hard feces. Many women take iron supplements which also increases constipation. Drinking plenty of water helps manage this.
- Heartburn/reflux: The relaxed stomach muscles cause regurgitation of acid into the esophagus. The pressure of the growing fetus also adds to this acid movement. This can be managed with small, frequent meals; low-fat diet; and avoiding spicy foods.
- Leg cramps: The calves, thighs and feet may experience a sharp pain followed by a constant ache. They are more common at night, usually in the third trimester. This is due to decreased levels of calcium and magnesium in the mother, which the baby needs in significant amounts after 20 weeks. A good massage, sleeping with legs elevated, calcium supplements, and mild exercise can all help with these cramps.
- Dizziness/faintness: When standing up suddenly after prolonged periods, there could be reduced blood supply to the brain leading to dizzy sensation. This pooling of blood in the legs can be avoided by avoiding standing for long periods, sufficient hydration, and adequate rest and sleep.
- Breathlessness: As the weight of the growing baby increases, breathlessness sets in, especially in the second trimester onwards. The progesterone also plays a role in this, by relaxing the body. Mild exercise can be useful.
Other common side effects are fluid retention, hemorrhoids/piles, insomnia, tender/sore breasts, and vaginal yeast infections.
I have periods related problems.in past 2 months my periods are not like normal periods. Their is no change in my period date but the flow is very very less .also to much hair fall. I didn't get the reason behind this because my lifestyle is very healthy. Exercise daily and diet is also proper. Before experience this problem .I had my civil service examination and at that time i'm so stressed. I Don't know what to do so please guide me. I never ever experience this kind of periods problem in my life. Every time my periods are regular and proper.
As one of the oldest tree foods to be cultivated by humans, walnuts have long since been known as a wonder fruit that can treat and manage many diseases, even as it ensures that one gets to enjoy many other health and cosmetic benefits. This is a nutrient-laden dry fruit that can be eaten in any season and can also be used as a healthy snack.
Read on to know how walnuts can help you in the health department!s
- Weight Management: One can obtain weight loss by switching deep fried and other snacks with this fruit as the snack of choice. This will help in weight loss because it is known to be loaded with many ounces of protein as well as omega-3 fatty acids, which can make your metabolism work overtime so that you end up burning all that useless fat. Regular consumption of walnuts will ensure that you get the right amount of calories in just a fistful of this dry fruit. You can also combine this with almonds and raisins for a healthy breakfast, if sprinkled in your oats or any other cereals.
- Glowing Hair: If you have been facing problems like thinning hair, and hair loss as well as dandruff, then walnuts can easily come to your rescue. Eating lots of walnuts will help in restoring the oil and moisture balance of the scalp which will make your hair rich and bouncy again. You can also apply walnut oil to your scalp in order to boost the health of your hair to a great extent. This is due to the fact that walnuts contain Vitamin B7 which is known to prevent hair loss.
- Heart Disease: You can prevent a majority of cardiovascular issues and heart disease with the help of walnuts. This is due to the fact that walnuts also contain a lot of antioxidants, which can help in regulating the cholesterol levels as well. One can actually remove the bad cholesterol and keep the good cholesterol so that lifestyle issues and conditions like diabetes and heart disease can be avoided. One should have at least 28 grams of walnuts in a single day so that these kinds of diseases can be successfully prevented.
- Fertility: Walnuts are very important for male fertility. One of the main things in male fertility is the sperm, especially the quality of the same. So, if you have had a sperm test and it does not have very encouraging results, then eating walnuts can easily solve this problem along with whatever other medication you may be having for the condition. One should have at least 75 grams of walnuts every day in order to increase the vitality of the sperm for those men who fall in the age group of 21 years to 35 years of age. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I am 34 weeks pregnant and consulting gynecologist Dr. . On routine checkup found that the pulse rate is around 120 (identified from past 3 weeks) There ia no heart problem in past or in family.
I had sex on 18 Feb without protection .I took unwanted 72 on 23 Feb .I did a pregnancy test at home on 24 Feb. But the result was negative. But I have already taken the medicine .Now I am suffering from weakness and throat pain. Now what can I do? Is my life in danger? My age is 25 .Plz suggest.
Water is the most valuable resource in the world. After all this years we begin to understand that. About 70 percent of the human body and brain are made up from water.
Water is so vital to our survival in every sense of the word.
Alkaline water has the biggest level of hydration and is a excellent source of minerals vital to our body.
Because of our today’s ways of nutrition which is mainly consisted of processed food that includes salt, sugar, caffeine and alcohol – the most common form of pH imbalance is excess acidity.
Symptoms that point to the fact that your body is too acidic are tiredness, headache, stomach ache and a weakened immune system.
If the environment in our bodies is too acid or alkaline, our otherwise healthy cells can become toxic, collapse and die. An unbalanced pH damages the tissues.
If the body experiences an acidic environment for a longer period, it will ultimately deposit excess acidic substances into some area of the body in efforts to alkalize itself.
In that way, acidity increases in some areas and some cells die, but others may still live and/or adapt or turn into malignant.
Cancer cells can’t live in alkaline water.
That’s why drinking alkaline water is very, very useful.
Our body surveillance systems are responsible for our pH balance values, so they remove acid residue without damaging living cells.
However, if the load becomes too big, the result can be fatal to your body.
One more reason why you should drink alkaline water is the hydration of our body.
So protect and regenerate your body by making this water and drinking it on a daily basis.
Making it is simple and easy.
This is what you need:
2 Ltr water, clean filtered water (if only tap water is available, than use that one)
1 organic lemon, washed, cut into eights
1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
Fill the jug, than add the lemon slices (do not squeeze them!) and then add 1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt in it and cover it. Let it stay overnight (8 to 12 hours) at room temperature.
Drink 3 glasses of water every morning when you wake up before you eat or drink anything else to achieve the best pH balance in your body.
Start trying it tomorrow and your body will thank you!
Hello doctor I am aged 33 years from guwahati. I got married 7 months back and now plans to have my kid. In this regard I have a question in my mind from last one month we are trying for it usually almost all days. My question is whether there is any effect on progeny formation or conceive for women if the sperm becomes liquidier due to continuous sex for some days.
I have missed my period which was due yesterday. I had unprotected sex a few weeks back. I'm 19 and don't want a baby. How should I proceed?
What is foetal poal. My wife is pregnant and doctor said in ultrasound report foeal poal is not present. My wife 5 weak pregnant.
I have pcos. I am trying to conceive I had my periods on 6 june and on 3rd day (9 june) of period I took humog injection and then on 11 and 13 june I took same injection. On 16 june done with sonography of ovulation study in it 16 and 15 mm two focille on right ovary and 16 and 17 mm 3 focille on left ovary observed Et is 8 mm. After sonography doctor inject hcg injection. And on 19 june to till today I am trying to conceive how many chances of me to get pregnant doctor gave me fegest 200 (progesterone sustain tablet) for 20 day also. I am hypothyroid with irregular periods.
Vaginal problems are very common and a little awareness can enable women to take care of this delicate region of their body. Vaginal infections are the most irritable and hurtful and lack of education on the same makes it difficult to prevent them; from burning and itching to unpleasant odour, most women have faced these infections at some point of their lives.
Here are few points you must know about to stay clear of these infections.
1. Vaginal infections: vagina contains bacteria and yeast which are good and maintain the health of the area. However, things like change in levels of hormones, poor hygiene, pregnancy, sexual contact, antibiotics, disturb the balance of health, thus causing infections. Most common types of vaginal infections are: bacterial infections, yeast infections, trichomonas vaginitis. While there exist over-the-counter cure for these infections, it is best to visit your gynecologist and get the infections diagnosed & treated.
2. Cervix inflammation: infection or inflammation in the cervix is called cervicitis. It is pretty common and is influenced by a number of factors like allergies, infections or irritations - it is important to know the cause of cervicitis because in the long run, it could pose a problem with fertility. Symptoms of cervicitis include foul smelling vaginal discharge, pain during passing urine, pelvic pain, abnormal bleeding like bleeding after sexual contact or between periods. Cervicitis is treated with the help of anti-fungal medications, antibiotics and anti-viral medications depending upon the evaluation of the underlying cause.
3. Pelvic and uterine infection: infection in the uterus and pelvis is also a matter which should not be left untreated. It can present with pain lower abdomen, pain during intercourse, frequent and painful urination. The infection can be caused by various organisms which can lead to pelvic inflammatory disease which in turn can spread to the uterus, ovaries and the fallopian tubes.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.