Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Shashank VashistYour feedback matters!
My mom is suffering from tonsils from her childhood. Due to this she also feels increase in her heartbeat during acidity. I just want to know is there is any connection between acidity and tonsils and how to reduce effect of these disease?
Doctor, firstly please read my CT scan report and suggest me:*MAXILLARY SINUSES - Both maxillary air sinuses show mucosal thickening with cpmromised osteo. - Bony walls of both the maxillary sinuses are intact. - No mass is observed.*FRONTAL, ETHMOID AND SPHENOID SINUSES - B/L frontal and sphenoid air sinuses are normal. Ethmoid air cells show mucosal thickening. - No breech is observed in the cribriform plate and lamina papyrecea. * NASAL CAVITY & NASOPHARYNX - Nasal septum is intact and central in position. - No mass is seen in the nasopharyngeal region. - Left middle turbinate is pneumatized. - Both lower turbinates are hypertrophied. - Hiatus semilunaris is compromised on left side. Left Uncinate process is hypertrophied * ORBITS - Both orbits show normal intraorbital contents So, doctor thai is my CT scan report. So, do I have any need for operation? Please suggest sir.
Hi doctor mere husband ke per bohat dard rehte hai. Jab bi veh office se aate hai. Unka weight bi increase hota ja raha hai. Voh snoring bi boht karte hai.. Pls help me mai kya kru.
I am 37 years old man and have been suffering from sinusitis since childhood. Give me the remedy for permanent cure of this disease.
BPPV or benign paroxysmal positional vertigo is an inner ear disorder where small particles called otoconia get dislodged and fall in the semicircular canals.
Vertigo can last from few seconds to minutes. It usually comes on with a change in position. It can be accompanied by nausea or vomiting and sometimes balance issues.
Vestibular therapy or vestibular rehabilitation helps treat it and in most cases there are no symptoms after couple sessions.
Is there any remedy to be free from cold soon after getting bath in a river. And a have tonsillitis while drinking cold water mixed with hot water.
I have pain on ear from last 3 days I consult with my family Dr. But not improvement are there I try many medicines what can I do? If there is any home remedy for it. please tell.
My ear getting like the one we get inside an airplane it wont go even when I blow with my nose closed.
my throat is choked form last few days .I guess reason is drinking with ice bt it has been 4days still its coked?please help
I have little pain in my throat from last 2-3 days sometimes it make hard to drink water, I am consulting with doctor but nothing is to be change till now.
I always feel burning sensation in my stomach and and sometime acid is coming to my throat. And also too saliva is produced.
I am having this problem for last two years. I am feeling persistent blockage in my throat. It's causing difficulty in speaking. I have been taking medication but no effect. Wat shd I do.
What is sinus tachycardia. Is this harmful. I had ecg and sinus tachycardia was diagnosed. I always feel anxiety dizziness and palpitations. I was very stressed at the time of ecg thats why my heart rate was 100bmp.
I have a congestion in the throat from a year but it has in stopped so what's your suggestion on this kindly help out.
Sinusitis or sinus infections can be quite a debilitating ailment when it becomes recurrent. Sinuses are cavities within our head just behind the nose which extends up to our forehead and to certain areas of the cheeks. These cavities are filled with a mucosal lining which helps you breathe and also filters the air which goes to the lungs. When the mucosal lining gets inflamed, it blocks the normal drainage of the mucus into the nose. This results in headaches, nasal polyps and general discomfort. Homeopathy offers some great remedies for this condition, without side effects. Some of these are discussed below.
Homeopathic remedies for sinus problems
- Belladonna: This medication is very effective when the sinusitis has resulted in a suppressed discharge from the nose which occurs intermittently. If you have a splitting headache which feels unbearable, Belladonna can help relieve the symptoms quickly. If the infection of the sinus has spread to the throat and results in cough, Belladonna can be equally effective in those circumstances as well.
- Pulsatilla: If you are experiencing a greenish mucosal discharge from your nose without a painful burning sensation within it, Pulsatilla can be a very effective cure. Another indication where this medication is very effective is when you have headaches centered just above your eyes rather than over the forehead or other parts of your face.
- Kali Bichrome: This is another commonly prescribed medication to deal with the symptoms of sinusitis as well as to reduce inflammation and cure sinusitis altogether. If you have a lot of mucosal discharge that drops into your throat along with discharges through the nose, Kali Bichrome is the drug to go to. Other indications where it is effective are pain and heaviness in the nose and the inability to breathe with headaches in and around the eyes.
- Silicea: If you are feeling cold and constantly chilly along with nasal stuffiness, Silicea is the medication to go to. Along with discharges, your nose may form hard mucous crusts within it. Trying to manually remove these crusts may also cause bleeding. Silicea will reduce these symptoms and is also effective in reducing a headache which occurs mostly on the left side of your face.
- Merc Sol: If you are experiencing a yellowish green discharge from the nose along with a burning sensation and increased saliva secretion in your mouth, Merc Sol is the remedy to turn to. It is also effective wherein the headache has spread all around the head. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Throat pain mainly occurs due to two conditions-'sore throat' or 'strep throat'. Often the terms 'sore throat' and 'strep throat' are used interchangeably, but they don't indicate the same thing. While a sore throat is a condition mostly followed by common cold, runny nose or congestion; strep throat is a bacteria-induced infection. The bacterium called Streptococcus is responsible for strep throat.
The most common reason behind a sore throat is a viral infection like flu or cold. So, if you've a sore throat that is caused by virus, there is no reason to worry as it can be treated easily. But if you are suffering from strep throat or streptococcal infection, then antibiotic drugs for additional treatment will be required to avoid complications.
Signs and symptoms of a strep throat (which indicates that your throat pain is serious and needs attention) include:
- Pain while swallowing food
- Sore throat which usually persists for more than 48 hours
- Small red spots at the roof top of your mouth
- Swollen and red tonsils at times with streaks of pus or white patches
- Swollen, benign lymph nodes in your neck
- Body aches
- Vomiting or feeling of nausea, especially amongst younger children
When these signs and symptoms become noticeable, you need to promptly visit your doctor for test and treatment. And, if the reports indicate strep throat, then your doctor will prescribe you some oral antibiotics to reduce the complications and severity of symptoms so that it doesn't spread to others. You are advised to follow your prescription properly and stay indoors for at least a day after starting your medication.