Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sharwan Gupta
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sharwan GuptaYour feedback matters!
A small ball of glass is stuck in the abdomen of a 8 years child. Now he is suffering from constipation st. Abdomen xray is done. What is the medicine for this problem?
My baby boy is 9 months old. His left eye swollen and inside the eye changes red in color. He is crying and not eating anything. What should I do. Please help me.
My baby girl is 15th month old. She is galactosemia. Weight 6.500 kg .please give me advice and a diet chart.
Hi, my friend is 33 years male. He has a daughter and love her. But he wants a next kid be a baby boy. What are the precautions n food should take to get. Please advise n this is not to encourage baby boy. But better to have 1girl n 1 boy. Thank you.
Sir last 15 days my 9 month son have allergy on full body, now last one week my wife and my daughter have some problem please suggest reason and what to take, thank you.
My son is 8 years 9 months old. Last three days back i. E. On Monday he had a fever of 101.6 and it continued until yesterday i. E. Wednesday night. The fever ranged between 101 to 99. On tuesday along with the fever, rashes started, i. E. Pinpricked rash all over the body with slight itchiness, today he has no fever but rash is still present. Please help me with any medication. Thanking you.
Ups and downs at school are part of life for many young people. A good relationship with your child’s school and teachers can help you head off problems. If school problems come up, it’s important that you quickly recognize and address them.
Problems at school can show up as poor academic performance, lack of motivation for school, loss of interest in school work, or poor relationships with peers or teachers.
School difficulties range from minor to severe, might be very short-lived or last for longer.
Common signs of school problems-
- Drop in marks in one or more subjects.
- Lack of engagement, connection or involvement with school – for example, your child might not be interested in extracurricular activities or have very few friends.
- Showing embarrassment or discomfort when talking about school.School difficulties range from minor to severe, might be very short-lived or last for longer.
Common signs of school problems-
- Refusing to talk with you about school, or rarely talking about school with family or friends.
- Never or rarely doing homework, or rarely talking about homework.
- Having low confidence or lacking self-esteem – your child might say she is ‘dumb’, ‘stupid’ or not as clever as her friends.
- Being kept back at lunch time or the end of the school day.
- Finding excuses not to go to school or skipping school without your knowledge.
- Being bored with school work or not feeling challenged enough – your child might say he’s not learning anything new.
- Having attention or behavior problems.
- Being bullied or bullying others.
Sometimes, problems at school will be easy to spot, and your child will willingly talk to you about them.
But some children hide problems from their parents, teachers and peers. They might copy homework, pretend to be sick during important tests, or not bring reports home. This can make it very difficult for you to pick up on a problem. Sometimes even teachers might not spot the clues – especially if your child is absent a lot.
Causes of school problems
- Behavioral or developmental difficulties.
- Poor communication skills.
- Poor social skills.
- Difficulty with listening, concentrating or sitting still.
- Disliking, or not feeling connected to, the school culture or environment.
- Disliking school subjects, not liking the choice of subjects, or not feeling challenged by the work
- Not getting along with teachers or other students at school.
- Parents who aren’t involved in their child’s education.
- Family problems such as relationship breakdowns.
- Competing demands on time, such as extracurricular activities.
- Skipping school because of any of the reasons listed above.