Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sharwan GuptaYour feedback matters!
She is of 4 month and she was fair when she born but now she is not fair her colour have been changed due to changing of place . So what to do to bring the fairness of baby.
My son has 6 months age he has suffering with cold and cough I think it will be small pneumonia I have nebulizer so can I use it if I use what medicine use? Can I know asthalin (salbutamol) 2.5 mg will be useful or not? So please tell me as soon as possible thank you.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she cant keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
Water is an important part of a baby's diet because water makes up a large proportion of the baby's body.
When properly prepared, all infant formulas are approximately 85% water. Infant formulas are available in three forms: liquid ready-to-use, liquid concentrate, and powder concentrate. Liquid ready-to-use formulas do not require the addition of water, while the liquid and powder concentrates require the addition of water. It is of prime importance for parents to read, understand, and follow the manufacturer's directions when adding water to liquid and powder concentrates.
Too much water: Adding too much water to these formula concentrates or adding water to ready-to-use formulas can lead to water intoxication in the baby. In severe cases, water intoxication can cause low blood sodium levels, irritability, coma, and even permanent brain damage.
Not enough water: failing to adequately dilute the concentrates with water causes the formulas to be too "hypertonic" Hypertonic formulas can induce diarrhea and dehydration. In extreme cases, ingestion of overly hypertonic formulas can lead to kidney failure, gangrene of the legs, and coma.
Therefore, parents should not adjust the amount of water that is added to concentrates to either "fatten the baby up" or "put the baby on a diet" Instead, parents should discuss their concerns regarding the baby's calorie intake with his/her pediatrician.YOU CAN ASK ME WITH DETAILS LIKE WEIGHT/WHETHER BOTTLE FED AND HISTORY OF ANY DISEASES etc.
We have a newborn baby boy 86 days. His umbilical code not fall down and showing outside 1 to 2 cm. Is anything we need to care and should I do any treatment for same to cure.
For the growth and development of children, they need an essential nutrient Iron. It helps in the transfer of oxygen from lungs to the body's tissues. Red blood cells contain iron in the hemoglobin. The hemoglobin carries oxygen in the blood to the different parts of the body. Iron has an important role to play in the development of brain and generating energy in a child's body. The lack of sufficient iron in the child's body can lead to anemia, which is a nutritional deficient illness and will require medical attention. When a child suffers from anemia, the lack of oxygen makes a child weak and sick.
There are certain symptoms of Iron deficiency in a child's body. These are:
- Infections and weak immune system can make a child suffer from frequent infections.
- Lethargy and fatigue is another common symptom of an iron deficient body. Due to deficiency of Iron it is difficult for the body to transport oxygen to cells in the body and hence it unable to generate enough energy levels.
- Breathlessness and increased sweating can be a sign that your child may be suffering from iron deficiency.
- Pica Children suffering from iron deficiency may find a special taste for non-food substances like chalk, dirt and clay.
- Lack of iron in the body hampers the physical growth of a child.
The deficiency of iron in children can be diagnosed through blood tests. Your doctor may recommend supplementing iron content orally or through multivitamin medicines. But the deficiency of Iron in a child's body should be taken care of with absolute urgency.
Proper steps should be taken to prevent the deficiency of Iron in children. Those notable precautions are mentioned below:
- Balanced diet: A well balanced diet is always recommended. For older children (within 9-12 years of age), red meat, chicken and fish would suffice as good sources of iron.
- Oral iron supplements: Oral iron supplements would be required for children with low weight at birth and who have a deficiency of iron in their daily diet.
- Vitamin C: Foods such as strawberries, tomatoes and potatoes help in providing the sufficient iron content when included in daily diets, thus reducing the chances of anemia.