Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sharwan Garg
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Sharwan GargYour feedback matters!
I have trouble with my teeth I don't it's still paining I can't eat no more. Please help me for this.
Yesterday I did root cleaning for my teeth. Today afternoon I can see visible stains again. I don't have any bad habits. I ate only rice, dosa, fruits and chyawanprash in between. Can someone tell me why I am getting stains this fast?
Please help. My father have many problems ulti muh se khoon ka aana wajan k hona thakawat. Doctor ne cancer bola tha biopsy test bhi hua but kuch nahi aaya ab phir se wahi problem.
" Candida infection" My tongue is under the attack of some yeasty fungus which causes the above mentioned disease. Kindly suggest me some medicines and remedies to cure this disease. Please doctors.
What is Geographic tongue?
Geographic tongue is a benign condition that affects the surface of your tongue. Geographic tongue is also known as benign migratory glossitis. It is a map-like appearance of your tongue due to irregular patches on its surface.
Symptoms of Geographic tongue-
- Map-like appearance to the surface of the tongue
- Smooth, red patches and sores (lesions) on the tongue
- Frequent changes in the location, size and shape of lesions
- Pain or burning sensation
Causes of Geographic tongue-
The cause of geographic tongue is unknown.
Risk factors of Geographic tongue-
- Inherited genetic factors
- Fissured tongue
- Allergies and other immune system hypersensitivities
- Stress or psychological disorders
- Oral contraceptive use
Diagnosis of Geographic tongue-
Diagnosis of Geographic tongue involves the physical examination of your tongue. Tests are usually not needed.
Precautions & Prevention of Geographic tongue
- Avoid hot, spicy, acidic or salty foods
- Avoid alcohol and tobacco products
Treatment of Geographic tongue-
- Homeopathic Treatment of Geographic tongue
- Acupuncture & Acupressure Treatment of Geographic tongue
- Psychotherapy Treatment of Geographic tongue
- Conventional / Allopathic Treatment of Geographic tongue
- Surgical Treatment of Geographic tongue
- Dietary & Herbal Treatment of Geographic tongue
- Other Treatment of Geographic tongue
Treatment of Geographic tongue
Homeopathic Treatment of Geographic Tongue-
Homeopathy treats pain and patches on tongue. It treats the person as a whole. Treatment is constitutional. It means that homeopathic treatment focuses on the patient as a person, as well as his pathological condition. It balances the energy system, improves immunity and body functions. It naturally cures the root cause of disorder. Some of the homeopathic medicines for treatment of geographic tongue are:
- Am mur
- Ars alb
Conventional / Allopathic Treatment of Geographic tongue-
Allopathic Treatment of Geographic tongue involves the following medications:
- Over-the-counter pain relievers
- Antihistamine mouth rinses
- Mouth rinses with an anesthetic
- Corticosteroid ointments or rinses
Dietary & Herbal Treatment of Geographic tongue-
- Avoid drinking tea and coffee
- Eat more of fiber rich foods such as cereals, spinach and fresh vegetables
- Eat foods rich in vitamins and minerals
- Drink plenty of water, fruits juice and other healthy liquids
Other Treatment of Geographic tongue-
Use a little water and baking soda to create a thick paste that should be used to brush your teeth and tongue until everything clears up.