Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
I am 36 year woman and mother of 5 years old, after the birth of my son I always have heavy bleeding during my periods which leads to anemia and I feel terribly weak afterwords what can I do to check that.
My sister is a carrier mother and her son is suffaring of DMD. In my family member no one had this problem.After the 2 year of my marriage i want to become a mother. M i also a carrier mother or not. How can i know that
Hello. I am in a relationship and wanted to know of wen cn we have sex without condom. I don't understand how to count the days of menstrual cycle as it is said day 7 to 17 shud b avoided to avoid pregnancy. So please help me by telling d number of days before n after periods. Also wanted to know if sex wearing condom during period is harmful by any means or not?
My wife's monthly period date is 15. Me & my wife had sex on 22nd may. I did not get baby now. Now what I do. Please help me.
Hello Sir/ma'am My wife has a problem when we have sex and she take contraceptive pills she bleed after one week. Explain why it happens. Her Weight-51, height-5.7, age-24 years
I took an ipill on the 25th of December and then again on the 1st of Jan. I got my period also on the 1st of Jan, and they weren't due for another 17 days as per my cycle. They started with slight bleeding and are still going on with the flow like a regular period. Is this normal?
hi, I am 26 male. My blood group is b+ and my partner's blood group is b-. We are getting married. Are there any complications in having a baby?
Chewing gum may be made popular as a style statement in the recent past, but in reality, it is as ancient as the Aztecs and the Mayans, who had the habit of chewing gum or bark. Over the years, numerous studies have been conducted to deep-dive into its benefits, and it has been found to be very beneficial.
With the recent fad of foods going sugar-free, chewing gums also left the sugar in them out.
For routine regular oral care, it is advisable to brush and rinse after each meal. However, in cases when one is not at home, this becomes a practical challenge. A good option is to chew a sugar-free gum after each meal, so that decay and gum disease are reduced to a large extent. This can be supplemented with a brushing or flossing as soon as it becomes available.
In addition to avoiding sugar load, there are other benefits of chewing sugar-free gum as listed below:
- Kills microorganisms: It is believed that chewing sugar-free gum for about 10 minutes can kill up to 100 million bacteria in the mouth.
- Stimulates production of saliva: The jaw movement that happens with chewing gum increases saliva production and flow. This helps in diluting the acids in the mouth, flushing out plaque, and removing food particles that are lodged in various areas.
- Prevents decay: With improved salivary flow, the chances of dental decay are delayed. Studies comparing pH of the mouth before and after chewing gum have confirmed that sugar-free gums reduce the acidic level of the mouth, which is conducive for tooth decay. There is no actual sugar in the gum, thereby one of the factors required for decay is eliminated.
- Xylitol: One of the main ingredients in sugar-free gums, it is shown to reduce the amount of bacteria that lead to decay in the mouth. This is an ingredient from fruits and vegetables and so good for the overall health.
- Improves digestion: As is well known, the first step of digestion begins in the mouth. With improved salivary flow and increased chewing, food is digested to a greater extent leading to reduced incidence of acid reflux.
- Boosts logic and memory: Chewing gum stimulates blood flow to the brain and stimulates the neural pathway. This has multiple benefits including improved memory, improved alertness and logical skills, reduced anxiety, and improved learning and memory.
- Saves money: With all these benefits, especially reduced incidence of gum disease and tooth decay, it is estimated that a lot of money spent on dental treatments is saved.
So, the next time you see the sugar-free gum at the billing counter, there is no need to think too much about it, go for it!!
We've probably heard about it, read it and even watched it a few times - devices like TV and laptop take a toll on our health. But are the studies backed with statistics applicable to us? What duration crosses the limit between acceptable and dangerous. Given that both these devices are entwined in our lives not only to entertain, but also make our lives easy, how much can you really avoid them? The reality is that you can't. So here is a quick look at what impacts you the most and how you can manage it best.
1. Increased eye irritability: We are quite used to multi-screen viewing these days. We work on our laptops or iPads while we watch TV at home. While this may seem like a skilled process in multi-brain functionality, but it is subjecting our eyes continuously to artificial light, making us blink less often. Often extending to over 12 hours a day, a mix or laptop and TV viewing can cause dry eyes, irritability, and reduced vision problems.
2. Increased obesity: Having access to everything from groceries to jewelry online makes it unnecessary to move out of the house on a Sunday. This is a boon and a bane in its own right. Easy access means spending lesser time standing in supermarket queues but more time in front of the TV. This can lead to lethargy and obesity. This risk is very real in children and we are battling with an entire generation on the brink of obesity and related problems. Did you know that childhood obesity risk increases by 60% when kids watch one hour of TV! Don't even try the math for a year's worth of television!
3. Increased affinity for junk food: TV has more side effects than you think. It automatically makes us reach out for the most harmful foods that taste great but hardly have any nutritional value. From chips to pizzas to burgers to quick fix noodles some with extra cheese others with a copious quantity of salts slowly add harmful toxins to the body. The worst part is that we are so lost in our work or TV that we don't realize the quantity we are chewing down.
4. It affects your sleep cycle: Having these handy late in the night also confuses our body with artificial light, throwing our sleep cycle off balance.
5. The one-off cases are real for some people: We often hear horror stories about some 12 years old whose thighs burned up because of excessive laptop use. There are other stories about a man who came home after a workout and accidently touched his laptop's power cord to be electrocuted. There are other stories linking these gadgets to cancer risks. These stories may be played up by the media for viral effect but the fact remains that you never know when you can be that 'somebody'.
Actually I am boy! And I have girlfriend I put my finger into her vagina on 6th january night at around 11: 00 pm She suddenly got pain and I stopped! on 7th january morning her vagina was bleeding! I am worried! Will she get pregnant? I not touched my soft part of the penis before putting my finger into her vagina! Why she was bleeding? Was that due to my nails which was slightly longer? Please help me out of the situation! is there any chances of pregnancy? How to stop this?
I have an excruciating pain on the first day of my periods. However the pain subsides in the next few days. Can you suggest any medicine for this?
I am not getting my periods from last two months. I took contraceptive tablet before my last period.I did check twice with d pregnancy kit n its came negative twice. I evn ate papaya continuesly for three days but zero results. Plz let me know y I m not getting my periods. I am 30 years old
How to remove cyst naturally? Is this a reason for a irregular period? And I am gaining weight also.
Hi doctor I have pcod last 8 months over so taking ayurvedic medicines now 2 months over this month periods came regular weight also reduced 6 kg with 2 months so how much months want for now conceive I have 1 baby now she is 2 years 8 months now trying for 2nd baby height 5.3 and weight 62 kg.
Why it is referred to as having religious importance too?
Also used for
Scanty or obstructive urination
Weakness of nerves
Problem of breast milk secretion