Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sharad K. Singhi
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Sharad K. SinghiYour feedback matters!
Great Doctor.. Clear diagnoses.. Clear treatment.. Not Misguided like others .. World finest ENT surgeon available for my father in Delhi ..thanx Doctor
I have a regular tonsil problem .Jab mai pani ma bigta hu ya late karke bath kiya toh tonsil bara ho jata ha.Please tell.
My brother is 23 years old. He has suffered from mucus problem by nose when sneeze. What causes of it?
I have sinusitis problem from last four years. Can you please advise if this can be cured forever? I don't smoke and drink and neither work in any area where dust or smoke is found.
Vertigo is the sensation of spinning where a patient feels as if the whole surrounding is rotating and a fear of fall is experienced, getting off balanced or pulled to one particular side is experienced as well.
The feeling of vertigo is very scary and unpleasant leaving the patient terrified and perplexed what actually caused that spinning sensation (vertigo).
Well, vertigo can be caused due to various factors and reasons, although it's more prevalent after the age of 40
Vertigo that often lasts for few seconds is not severe and is often not associated with dizziness, nausea, tinnitus (ringing behind the ear), it can be treated effectively by simple movements taught by the physiotherapist or a doctor.
- This type of vertigo is called bening paroxysmal positional vertigo (bppv) which is very common, and as the name suggests it's not dangerous, and it lasts only for few seconds (paroxysmal) and it's experienced only with specific head movement like turning to left or right or up down.
- This is due to the inner ear rock crystals called canalith made up of calcium gets displaced from its position, which needs to be repositioned by certain vestibular rehabilitation.
- Diagnosis for bppv is confirmed by thorough history taking, examination,
- Otoscope to rule out wax, infections, dix-hallpike test is done by the clinician to confirm bppv.
Vertigo that lasts for few minutes to hour associated with pain, nausea, hearing loss and tinnitus and is not specific to head movement can be severe, it's called meniere's disease, it's a disease if the inner ear where there is accumulation of fluids and disturbed ear pressure.
Vertigo can also be due to inner ear infections or inflammation called as vestibular neuritis or labyrinthitis which may be associated with pain, hearing loss.
Uncommon cause of vertigo are:
Treatment of vertigo:
- Vertigo due to meniere's disease will be treated by medications like diuretics, anti-inflammatory, antibiotics, etc.
- Vertigo due to bppv can be treated by the following procedures:
- Epley's manoeuvre or the canalith repositioning manoeuvre.
- Half somersault exercise
- Brant-daroff exercise
- Semont manoeuvre
- Eye gaze exercise
Bppv once treated rarely comes back, one or couple of sessions of epley's manoeuvre or half somersault may be needed to totally fix it, if it relapses same manoeuvre can be repeated once learnt by a qualified physiotherapist or a ent doctor.
Recurrence of vertigo is once or twice in a year.
Here we will learn how to safely do half somersault manoeuvre as it's one of the most effective and easy to do (do it yourself) technique to immediately stop vertigo due to bppv
Technique of half somersault manoeuvre:
Step by step instructions for right sided bppv --
A. Kneel on the floor or in the middle of a large bed. Tip your head straight upward quickly until you are looking straight up at the ceiling. This may cause dizziness briefly.
B. Next place your head on the floor upside down, as if you are about to do a somersault. Tuck the chin so that your head touches the floor near the back of the head rather than near the forehead. This position may cause a burst of vertigo. Without moving, wait until any vertigo ends. The vertigo means the particles are moving in the proper direction. Tapping firmly on the skull with your fingertips just behind the right ear can help move the particles along.
C. Slowly turn your head to face your right elbow. Try to center the right elbow in your field of view. You will keep your head turned to the right through the rest of the maneuver. Again, wait for any vertigo to end before moving to the next step.
D. Keeping your head turned to the right and viewing your right elbow, quickly raise your head to shoulder level. Your head should be positioned at about 45-degree angle to the floor throughout this move. Vertigo is normal during this part of the procedure. Wait for the vertigo to end or count to 15 before continuing.
E. Raise your head to the upright position quickly, keeping it about halfway turned toward the right shoulder. Some additional vertigo may occur. After the vertigo subsides, slowly sit upright.
Rest for 15 minutes. After the rest, quickly tip your head up and down. If no dizziness occurs do not repeat the maneuver. If you still feel some dizziness when making that movement, repeat the maneuver. You may also repeat the maneuver if you have another vertigo spell in the future.
- Always wait at least 15 minutes between maneuver to allow particles to settle.
- Sleep propped up on 2 or 3 pillows for two nights following maneuver.
- Sleep only on your left side for a week after the maneuver (put a pillow behind you to keep you from rolling over in the night).
I'm suffering from snoring It's getting irritated to my friends who sleeping besides me please give me good suggestions to get rid of snoring.
I have phlegm in my throat since one year. I consult ent regarding this issue, but I didn't get satisfactory response. What should I do now. Iam 27 year old male.
सर/मेडम मुझे 5-7 दिन से गले में काफी दर्द हो रहा है।कुछ भी खाता हूं तो बहुत दर्द होता है।पानी भी पिता हु तो दर्द होता है। सुबह सुबह कफ भी ज्यादा निकलता है। कृपया मदद कीजिये
Awakening with a headache and on top of it a blocked nose is an unpleasant begins to the day. In the event that this turns into a standard event and even the face harms with general largeness in the head, it's a restorative condition called Sinusitis. Sinuses are air-filled depressions inside the skull bone. These empty spaces in the skull are arranged in cheek bones, brow, behind the scaffold of the nose and between the eyes. Another set is arranged in the upper area of the nose and behind the eyes. All the sinuses have the same coating that is available in the nose. This covering produces bodily fluid, which is depleted out of the sinuses through an opening in the nose. Homeopathy treatment can be a decent cure for Sinus of various sorts.
Top normal Homeopathic remedies for sinus infections:
- Silicea: One of the Best Homeopathic remedies for Sinus Infections with headache. Silicea happens to be one of the finest remedies in homeopathic for sinus disease. The headache caused by sinus fundamentally on right side happens to be treated best with Silicea. The patient requiring Silicea feels crisp and is extremely touchy to frosty air. Concealing warmly gives alleviation. One conspicuous sign for utilizing Homeopathic pharmaceutical Silicea as a part of cases of sinus happens to be stuffiness in the nasal parts. The discharges in the nasal areas get stopped up in hard coverings. On endeavoring to extricate these hulls, there is dying.
- Belladonna: Top Homeopathic solution for sinus headache with smothered discharge: Normal Homeopathic prescription Belladona is one of the perfect homeopathic remedies for sinus diseases when sinus headache is because of smothered discharge. Belladonna is exceptionally useful when a Sinusitis patient grumbles of a brutal headache. The patient may get alleviation from the headache by restricting the head firmly or applying weight.
- Kali Bichrome: Best Homeopathic solution for Sinusitis with discharge dropping once again into throat.
Kali Bichrome is the top regular Homeopathic medication for Sinusitis where the discharge drops over into the throat regardless of leaving the nose. The discharge is thick and for the most part yellow.