Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shanta Sabherwal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shanta SabherwalYour feedback matters!
I am late on my period by 8 days. I had protected sex few days back. Took pregnancy test, it was negative. My boyfriend and I are tensed. Can you suggest anything to get my periods sooner or maybe prescribe some drug for the same.
I have delivered a baby on 16 feb by force vacumm delivery I am very tensed about my stitches how do I come to know my stitches are healing or stitches have broken. What is a difference between menstrual cycle blood and bleeding. How do I come to know that its m. C. Blood or bleeding. Please reply I will be very thankful.
I am a 20 year old female, sexually active and I am 2 days late on my periods. I have thick white odorless vaginal discharge and a lot of gas. I took a pregnancy test which was negative, could I still be pregnant?
It's being one year I got married but I am notable to do sex. I feel very bad. Now these days it's common to do sex. But even after marriage m not able to do. I am not able to insert my husband penis in vagina. He is not ready for doctors visit. Its painful. My very afraid. Please help.
I am 22 years old, female, I have already done intercourse with my husband. How I will come to know that I am Pregnant. What will b my symptoms in those days. What precautions shall I take. Please guide me.
Every time after sex my wife fells uncomfortable, she fells burning sensation in her vagina, and fells pain. What should we do? My wife is pregnant for 4 month.
Sir/mam m having lower body pain n feeling some sound in vagina n also having increase in white discharge. Is there any serious problem or what please help me.
I am 30 years old mother of 2, last pregnancy was 9 years back. Since Last 3 months my periods have become irregular and very very less bleeding, Periods come 5 to 8 days early every time and very less bleeding. No pain associated please assist.
My girlfriend is 18 years old, we had unprotected sex on the first day of her period but did not ejaculate inside her, again on the 26th of December we had unprotected, soon after the act she took a unwanted 72 pill, her period was due on the 10th of January and has not got it, what are the steps to be taken if the urine pregnancy tests in positive, and up to how many days of pregnancy can be terminated by MTP method?
Hey m 22 old year. My question is related to menstrual problem. My periods are delaying like itz been 10 days m not having my periods n m having cramps like abdominal pain! I dun knoe y this pain is happening n y my periods are being delayed! can you please tell me y this all is happening?
I am trying to conceive but can't and from sometimes I feel very uneasy tired every time and my period is also irregular please tell me what is my problem?
I am 18 years old. I had a unprotected sex with my bf. I am not sure .so many people say that contraceptive pills have side effects. If I take one tab of pill first time is there any side effects or symptoms? please reply.
Got recently married to a relative, so would like consult regarding problem occurring to baby due to relative marriage. please suggest will there be any problem in the baby?
I am 42 years, and i am undergoing treatment to get conceived from past 1 year, is there is any possibility that i get conceived
Hey I am 19 years n a few days later I and my boyfriend ws fooling around he ws naked where as I had my underwear on. He ended up ejaculating near my vaginal area on my underwear. Acc to my last periods I ws supposed to get my periods on 18th which surely dint come yesterday I saw a lil bit on spotting on my underwear. I started my ayurvedic medicine 2 dys back for hormonal balance as I suffer from irregular period n light flow. Am I pregnant?
I am 22 years old, I have suffered with overweight due to that irregular periods so please tell me any suggestions for that. Thanku.
Hormones are important messengers that play a pivotal role in the proper functioning of your body. Any imbalance in the hormonal level can throw life in jeopardy. Hormonal imbalance can affect a person physically, mentally as well as emotionally. In the present competitive world, with so much stress and anxiety, hormonal imbalance is on the rise. It can affect both men and women.
Factors responsible for hormonal imbalance in men and women
Many factors, either individually or collectively can affect and disrupt the hormonal balance in a person. The most common factors triggering a hormonal imbalance include
- Physical, mental and emotional stress.
- Menopause (in women) and Andropause (in men).
- Drugs and alcohol abuse.
- Unhealthy eating habits, leading to inflammation.
- Lack of any physical activity.
- Obesity, Type-2 Diabetes.
- The Endocrine gland does not function properly (due to an injury or an infection or old age). Hormonal imbalance may be age related. Certain chemicals (Diethylstilbestrol, DDT, Polychlorinated Biphenyls, Dioxin) also have the potential to disrupt the Endocrine function.
Symptoms of Hormonal Imbalance:
Some of the characteristic symptoms of hormonal imbalance include
- A sudden change in body weight (weight gain or weight loss).
- Anxiety, depression, and mood swings.
- Hair loss followed by thinning of hair.
- Irregular menses.
- Erectile dysfunction.
- The appetite undergoes a change.
- A person may face digestive problems.
- Insomnia and extreme fatigue.
- Decreased libido.
Doctors may adopt any of the following treatments for hormonal imbalance
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT): This treatment helps women to deal with menopause better. During and after menopause, the levels of estrogen and progesterone, particularly, go for a toss. This therapy aims at maintaining the hormonal balance by replacing the hormones your body either fails to produce or synthesizes in very little quantity.
- Following a healthy lifestyle go a long way in improving the hormonal imbalance.
- Exercise regularly. Meditation, breathing exercise, cycling, morning and evening walks are great stress busters.
- Follow a healthy sleeping routine.
- Limit your alcohol and caffeine intake. Refrain from smoking.
- Avoid taking birth control pills.
- Maintain a healthy body weight.
- Include avocados, egg yolk, gelatin, carrots, coconut oil into your diet.
- People with hormonal imbalance can benefit from Omega-3 fatty. Walnuts, chia seeds, flax seeds, olive oil are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Ayurveda and herbal medicines have helped many people with hormonal imbalance.
- Some medications may help to improve hormonal imbalance (strictly on doctor recommendation).
- In extreme cases, surgery may be recommended.
Health risks associated with hormonal imbalance:
Hormonal imbalance can have adverse effect on the health resulting in
- PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome): PCOS is characterized by irregular menses, infertility, hirsutism, hair fall, acne and weight gain. Women of reproductive age are mainly affected by PCOS.
- Low libido, tiredness, weight gain, erectile dysfunction, mood swings, and irritability (due to low level of testosterone hormone)
- Thyroid problems (Hyperthyroidism, Hypothyroidism and Grave's disease).
- Hormonal imbalance may also cause Diabetes and Adrenal failure.
- Irregular periods, mood swings, infertility, decreased sexual desire (low levels of estrogen hormone).