Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shankar Gupta
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shankar GuptaYour feedback matters!
Sir 13 months boy has Non Functional Right kidney (MCD) found in DTPA Test, size rt kidney is 3.8*1.6 cm whereas Left Kidney is normal in size.
My baby has 2 years old premature baby. He have low vitamin D.what kind of food has to give. I mean I want the list of vitamin D foods.
Newborns primarily need your love, care, and attention. If you aren't sure whether you're on the right track with your little one, read on to find out the 3 most important things that your newborn needs:
1. Skin-to-skin contact: One of the best ways to speed up the bonding process with your newborn is by having as much as possible skin-to-skin contact with your child. This is important as the newborn connects through smell and touch during this time. The senses of your baby are naturally tuned to react to the feel of your bare skin and your distinctive smell.
Many studies also suggest that close physical contact can help in reducing stress in your newborn so as to allow its biological drive to come through and easily latch onto your breast to feed itself. In other words, it ensures a higher chance of getting the newborn started on breast milk in case your child is not taking to your breasts easily.
2. To be breastfed: The best food for your baby is milk that is produced by you. Breast milk offers a host of benefits that go beyond basic nourishment. According to research conducted by the national institute of environmental health sciences, a child faces 20% lower chances of dying between the ages of 28 days and 1 year if he or she is breastfed.
Protecting your child from illnesses such as childhood cancers or type 1 and type 2 diabetes, allergies, and obesity are some of the very important benefits that mother's milk can provide.
3. Swaddling your baby right: Wrapping a blanket snugly around the body of your newborn can help calm your little one and promote sleep. Several studies reveal that this technique of swaddling (which is done to resemble the mother's womb) if done correctly can bring about longer and better sleep for your child as well as reduce instances of crying. It also ensures your baby stays warm and comfortable. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.
My question is for my 5 months old boy. Doctor has suggested me Taxim-o cv dry syrup. But in medical store they given me taxim -O drops. So can I give him or not?
Pihu is my 8 months old daughter. She is having loose motions for about 3-4 days. I am giving her khichdi, boiled potato n rice. Also I have her z n d solution but no effect. One day she is fine, other day the same. Kindly suggest asap. Also help me with some weight gain tips as she is 8 months n her weight is only 6.5 kgs.
My Baby daughter is 3 months old and she did not got milk of her mother since her birth. After I was given her cow mil for 15 days bit it was not suit to her and she had rashes. Right now she is facing dryness problem on her entire body. Please assist in this context.
Hi, my 1.5 years old daughter is having fever and cough cold for 4 days. Temp increases mostly in night. Her head usually gets hotter than other body parts. I have consulted a pediatrician and she has given few syrup. Paracetamol plus two other syrups. But the fever has not come down yet. For few hours she gets normal with temp 99.6 or 99.8 but most of the time it's 100 or 102. 3F. I am keeping a mild cold water napkin on her forehead for 2-3 times a day. Please suggest if I should go visit the doctor again or this fever is normal and she will be alright. She is on medication since three days. Please reply ASAP. I am scared. Also recommend best pediatrician in South delhi taking appointment in evening between 5-8.
My daughter is just 2 and half year old but has many symptoms of obsessive compulsive disorder. She needs many things to be in proper positions. Even at midnight gets up and cries, even if she gets one wrinkle in bedsheet.Really don't understand how to tackle this behaviour? Get worried if it will increase with age?
Is your child undergoing Primary Immunodeficiency Disorders (PIDDs)? If you are tired of seeing your child suffering with regular cold and cough which could be solely due to a lack of nutrients in the diet, resulting in low immunity of the body. Adopting healthy habits by cutting back on junk food while including healthy items will help raise your child’s immunity levels immensely.
Some of the best foods to include in the diet to increase the immunity of your child are mentioned below:
- Eggs, pulses, lean meats and other healthy protein: Immunity buildup may be disrupted if there isn’t enough protein in your diet. Milk protein in cow’s milk or dairy products like butter and cheese, animal protein in lean meats such as chicken and ovo-protein in eggs are highly beneficial and raise immunity levels.
- Fish for immunity build up: Fish is a great immunity builder and also helps in making the brain work more efficiently. Fish meat contains lean proteins as well as essential Omega-3 acids which help properly regulate many functions within the body raising immunity.
- Stay healthy with yogurt: There are a lot many flavored varieties of curd or yogurt that your child may like and which is also considered as a power food source. It helps reduce gastrointestinal illnesses. However, try and go for the less flavored ones as they would have lesser amounts of processed sugar.
- Oats and Barley for your rescue: The reason why oats and barley are healthy alternatives, especially for children is because they are composed of beta-glucan (fibre containing antioxidants and antimicrobial properties). This helps in avoiding constipation thus cleaning the intestine and hence avoiding the buildup of harmful bacteria within the body.
- Fruit toppings are delicious: Fruits are not limited to mangoes, apples and bananas only. Darker the color of the fruit, greater is the nutritional value. Berries, peaches, melons, pomegranates etc, can and should also be included in your fruit intake as they are healthy as well as tasty.
- Vegetables can be tasty too: Growing children require leafy green vegetables for physical and mental development as they contain zinc, iron and folic acid. Foods like fenugreek leaves and spinach are an example of vitamin rich food items. You can include spinach and other vegetables in a clever manner by making the food interesting so that children would want to eat it willingly.
- Carrots to fight infection: Carrots are beneficial for good eyesight and protection from infections. With carrot intake it becomes quite difficult for the bacteria and germs to ender the blood vessels. This can be made into a salad or craved figuring to make it interesting to the kids.