Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shankar GuptaYour feedback matters!
Parents are responsible not only for the birth of the child, but also for their well-being. For children, their parents are their first teachers, who inculcate in them the right manners, attitudes and habits. Consequently, you too must be careful in deciding what habits and manners you pass down to your children.
Some of the habits that you should teach your children are:
- Eating healthy food: Children always have the propensity to consume junks and avoid healthy food. It is the duty of the parents to correct this and teach their kids to eat healthy food. You must explain and elucidate the importance and nutritional value of eating healthy food. At the same time, the harm caused by the junk food must also be brought to their notice. You should introduce multiple fruits and green vegetables in the diet. Eating healthy food is a habit that reaps great benefits in the long run.
- Table manners: Children eating on their own generally create a mess. Therefore, you must teach your child the right table manners. When to use spoon or fork and what should be the etiquettes that must be observed while eating with a large group of people must be known to a child. You should begin to treat your child as a grown up as he or she sits at the table.
- Regular brushing of the teeth: The importance of teeth is most acutely felt with advanced age. Therefore, it is imperative that you teach your children to take good care of their teeth. You must educate your child about the necessity of good teeth and see to it that they brush daily and twice a day. Brushing in the morning as well as before going to sleep is equally important and the child must be aware of it.
- Early to bed: It is necessary for children to get adequate sleep. Therefore, you must make it a habit from the very start to put them to sleep early and see to it that that they get sufficient rest.
- Play outdoors: You must make it a habit for your children to play outside more often. Staying at home without any activity has serious repercussions like obesity and lethargy. Therefore, it is extremely important that children involve in sufficient physical activity.
We have a kid of 2 years old and she is in the early stage of Autism and she is undergoing Autism therapy after the consultation with Dr. Now her sleep is very much erratic and she does not sleep in night, is there any medication?
I have a boy is 16 years old doing 10th standard. He is not open minded and not discussing anything to us. He is become angry when we ask anything to him. Always spend time only with mobile and devices, not studying and getting avoid from his friendship circles. Getting complain from school also. Please help me.?
My daughter 10 months old having temper tantrum since 2 months. Is it curable? Is it a sign of behavioral problem? What should I do?
The human respiratory system includes trachea, bronchi, bronchioles, lungs, and diaphragm. Oxygen that we breathe in and carbon dioxide that we breathe out is exchanged in the alveoli (air sacs) inside the lungs.
Bronchitis is a respiratory problem where the lining of the bronchial tubes (it carries air to and from the lungs) becomes inflamed or swells. The reason can be an infection or the person’s lifestyle. People with bronchitis have reduced ability to breathe in air and oxygen into their lungs; they also face discomfort because of the deposition of heavy mucus or phlegm in their airways.
Types of bronchitis
Bronchitis comes in two forms, acute or chronic:
Acute bronchitis occurs mostly during the winter season caused by cold or viral infection, such as the flu. It consists of a cough with mucus, chest discomfort or soreness, fever and sometimes shortness of breath. Acute bronchitis lasts for one to three weeks and usually improves within a few days without lasting effects (although you may continue to cough for a week). If there is a repeated bout of bronchitis, then it requires a medical attention since it is a symptom of chronic bronchitis.
Bronchitis is also caused by bacteria. Bacterial bronchitis occasionally follows a viral upper respiratory infection.
Chronic bronchitis lasts for at least 3 months a year and two years in a row. It is a serious long-term disorder that requires regular medical treatment. Smoking should be strictly prohibited if a person is down with acute bronchitis since it becomes much harder to recover and difficult to diagnose.
What causes bronchitis?
The irritated membrane of the bronchial tubes is caused by viruses, typically those that also cause colds and flu or by a bacterial infection.
In some cases, exposure to substances that irritate the lungs, such as tobacco smoke, dust, fumes, vapours and air pollution also stimulates the inflammation.
Repeated irritation is the main cause of chronic bronchitis which damages the lungs and airway tissue. Smoking is the most common causes of chronic bronchitis, other causes include continuous exposure to air pollution, dust and fumes from the environment, and repeated episodes of acute bronchitis.
Understanding how smoking is the main cause of chronic bronchitis:
The cigarette smoke damages the tiny hair-like structures in the lungs (cilia) which is responsible for brushing out debris, irritants, and excess mucus from the lungs. This dysfunctional property of the cilia increases the chances of developing chronic bronchitis.
In the case of a chain smoker, the mucous membrane lining the airways stays inflamed and the cilia eventually stop functioning altogether. This results in lungs clogged with mucus which becomes vulnerable to viral and bacterial infections and eventually damages the lung’s airways. This permanent condition is called copd (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease).
Symptoms of bronchitis
Symptoms of bronchitis include:
A cough that is frequent and produces mucusfever (may or may not be present) lack of energywheezing sound when breathing (may or may not be present) sore throatbreathlessnesschest tighteningchillsbody achesheadachesblocked nose and sinuses.
When is medical attention necessary?
Consult with the health care specialist if any of the following problems arise:
A cold that lasts more than two to three weeksa fever greater than 102° fa fever that lasts more than five daysa cough that produces bloodany shortness of breath or wheezinga change in the colour of mucus
Treatments for bronchitis
When someone has bronchitis the best treatment is to take enough rest, stay away from allergens (allergy causing agents), drink lots of fluid and have warm soothing food (like soup and khichdi).
The following are the top homeopathic remedies usrd for cough:
Bryonia is often used for a dry, hard, and irritating cough. Patients usually use this if they have an itching pain in the throat or chest that worsens at night. Movement will also make the symptoms worse. Other symptoms with coughs that require bryonia include splitting headaches, and a dry cough accompanied by faintness, vertigo, and nausea.
2. Antimonium tartaricum
Antimonium tartaricum is often used for loose coughs—the patient may even feel like they are suffocating. The patient also alternates between coughing and shortness of breath. Other common symptoms associated with an individual who requires antimonium tartaricum include nausea, vomiting mucus, weakness, drowsiness, hoarseness, and the desire to be left alone.
3. Aconitum napellus
Aconitum napellus is often used for colds and dry, irritating coughs that come on suddenly. Symptoms will get better from warmth, fresh air, and movement; however, symptoms worsen from warm rooms, exposure to pollen or tobacco smoke, in the evening and at night, and during cold, windy, or hot weather.
Pulsatilla is also an effective remedy for colds and coughs. The patient may cough up thick, yellow-green mucus. The person will experience a loose cough in the morning and a dry cough at night. The person will feel better from open air, but worse in the morning, at night, and in heat.
5. Arsenicum album
Arsenicum album is used for coughs with a burning pain that improves with sips from warm drinks. The person’s symptoms will improve from warm drinks and a warm room, but they worsen from open air and cold.
6. Hepar sulphuris calcareum
Hepar sulphuris is used for a rattling and barking cough that starts after exposure to cold and dry air. Other symptoms include yellowish mucus, constant hoarseness, and wheezing. The person’s symptoms will worsen from lying down, walking, and drafts; however, symptoms get better from rising up and bending the head backwards, a hot compress, and damp air.
Causticum is another great remedy for dry, deep, and hollow coughs. The person will feel as if they can’t cough deep enough to raise mucus. Other symptoms include hoarseness, burning pains, a sore chest, and tightness. Symptoms get better from damp weather and sips of cold water; however, symptoms worsen from drafts, cold air, stooping, talking, lying, sneezing, and bending the head forward.
8. Rumex crispus
Rumex crispus is often prescribed for a dry cough when a person lies down. The person will feel a tickling sensation in the throat that often leads to a cough. They will also experience long episodes of a dry, hacking, and fatiguing cough. The person will get better from warm air and during the daytime; however, things will worsen from cough after eating, talking, touching the throat, deep breathing, and lying down.
9. Drosera (sundew)
Drosera is a homeopathic remedy used for a dry, deep, barking, hollow, and spasmodic cough that may also produce gagging. The person’s coughing episodes will often last two to three hours. They will also experience vomiting, suffocative attacks, nosebleeds, cold sweats, hoarseness, and holding their sides during coughing bouts. The cough will worsen from lying down, being alone, and while drinking, singing, laughing, and talking.
If the condition is worse or there is no improvement then consult a homeopathic doctor for well selection of the medicine.
My baby poop every meal its near about 12- 15 time everyday. We have already given enterogermina 5 days but still same. I would appreciate your response Thanks.
My son on his 2nd birthday weighs 14.5 kg, while his height is 91 cm. Considering his 1st birthday weight of 9.5 kg, is his weight within normal limits?
My 10 years old son is having dry skin, also he is having peel offs from his hands and feet, what should I do.
My 4 1/2 month old baby is not going motion for 10 days. I have started giving dates, carrot soup for him after fourth month. He has motion problem from third month itself. What should I do? suggest me some home remedies.
My kid is passing dark black color stool since he's born. He is on Lactogen 1 diet as no mother feed is available. I am worried whether it is a sign of some kind of allergy in stomach. Please help suggesting.
Hello mam. My daughter is 2yrs nw she just keeps crying without any reason aftr having full meals she just always wants me to carry her in my lap. Wat can I do for dis pls do help me.
Snoring and hence not able to sleep continuously even for an hour. The body weight is high and hence no peace of mind, not able to have focus on any work. Being a widower and a father of 5 years old, there is absolute lack of peace.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degree she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do.
My son is 4 and 1/2 years old. His hemoglobin level is 3.5. As per the direction of local doctor he has admitted in hospital and 2 units of blood transfused to him on 2 days one unit each. Now the hgb level increased to 7. Indication of peripheral smear test showing the impression to go for bone marrow aspiration test. Can you tel me what are the diseases related to this? and how much cost for bone marrow aspiration test?
My girl child is 2 and half year old, she told me every day her foot is paining. What are the solution on that or any remedies, please suggest me.
I am a 23 years old man and I believe I am suffering from adhd for the last 6 years it has had negative impact on my studies and my social life I am able to concentrate on my studies my mind keeps on wondering to random thoughts, I procrastinate work too much, I cant sit still and breathe easy, there is a feeling of something brewing in the area just below my stomach and above the rectum, I over think a lot mostly about negative thoughts what should the course of treatment for me?
Now my baby (boy) was 3 months old 4th month running, from last 2 days he was continuously doing motions pls suggest me good syrup please, his weight is 3.8 kg. We are not giving any external food giving only mother, s milk.
Eczema is an autoimmune disorder wherein the skin overreacts to certain triggers in or outside the body resulting in inflammation and lesions. Eczema is also known as atopic dermatitis. The skin becomes dry, patchy and rough, and it tends to form itchy and red blisters. Eczema is usually caused due to inflammation; in most cases, allergy triggers eczema. It has been observed that quite often, patients who suffer from eczema have a family history of allergy. In some cases, patients having other allergies, may also develop eczema. Apart from this, low immunity triggers this disease.
- Red patches over skin
- Dry rough skin with blisters
- Intense itching on skin, with occasional bleeding
- Formation of a thick leather-like layer over the affected areas of the skin
- Discharge of an oozing watery and sticky liquid from the affected area, in case of wet eczema (In case of dry eczema, there is no watery discharge; the skin stays rough and dry.)
Treating eczema with homeopathy
Treating eczema might be possible by taking several medications. But treating doesn't mean curing. People who suffer from eczema know how irritating the disorder is. So they want a cure for eczema, which is possible with homeopathic medicines. Homeopathy is known for curing eczema, from the root. Basically, homeopathy helps to improve the immune system, as low immunity is responsible for causing allergies. When immunity is built, and low immunity quits from overreacting to several reactions, eczema is cured.
Here are five homeopathic medicines suitable for treating eczema:
- Graphites: Graphites is one of the finest homeopathic medicines for treating wet eczema, when there is thick, oozing watery and sticky discharge. In most cases, the patient with this type of eczema suffers from constipation and obesity. He or she might be sensitive towards cold. Their usual skin becomes hard and cold, but the affected area remains dry and rough. The remedy is prescribed mostly to women with menstrual disorders.
- Mezereum: This is the suitable for patients with eczema, which tends to form a leathery crust on the head. The patient might feel intense itching especially at night.
- Hepar sulphur: This is suitable for eczema with formation of pus. The patient is usually too sensitive to cold. Intense itching, sneezing and sensitivity towards cold are the symptoms, which indicate the need for this medicine.
- Dulcamara: This is one of the finest homeopathic medicines for eczema, which aggravates in damp or cold weather. Thick formation of yellowish crust and intense itching are the symptoms, which clearly indicate the need for this remedy.
- Sulphur: This one is suitable for eczema with burning sensation along with intense itching. Symptoms usually worsen in summer and the skin feels rough and dry. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.